PDA

View Full Version : 1902 Cup Final Match Report

Tom Hart RIP
24-04-2013, 10:06 AM
The 1902 Cup Final is covered in the Edinburgh Reporter this week to mark the 111 anniversary.

I can't seem to attach a link for some reason.

Treadstone
24-04-2013, 10:11 AM
http://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/category/sport/

matty_f
24-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Did we win?:cb

Diclonius
24-04-2013, 10:13 AM
I recall a couple years back someone posted the cup final as if it were "live text updates" from the old BBC website, i.e. a myriad of "attacking throw ins" and "defending throw ins". Was hilarious. :greengrin

matty_f
24-04-2013, 10:16 AM
I can see us kicking on from this win and basically winning the trophy a good few times in the coming years. :agree:

Pat 0-7
24-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Some things never change.......

In those days, semi-finals were not played at neutral venues, so Hibs had to travel to Ibrox, but the 2-0 win came at a cost with right winger Willie McCartney suffering a broken leg. :rolleyes:

An unfounded rumour persists that a Hibs player did a fine imitation of Celtic keeper McFarlane’s distinctive brogue to persuade full back Barney Battles to leave the ball as it came across. Despite the Celtic protests, referee Mr Murray from Stenhousemuir heard nothing untoward and the goal stood. :dummytit::blah::paranoid:

The_Sauz
24-04-2013, 10:31 AM
So we won it wearing all green tops, white shorts, and all green socks.......Petrie, get it sorted :greengrin
nae wonder we have never won the bloody thing!!:agree:

theonlywayisup
24-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Did we win?:cb

"Every football fan from the capital knows that Hibs last won the Scottish Cup in 1902. Hibs’ supporters are reminded of this statistic every year whenever a cup tie is played, and rival Hearts’ fans even have a song to commemorate the fact."

I really hope that we have a new song to sing after the cup final.

Since 2012,
Since 2012,
You've not won anything,
Since 2012

silverhibee
24-04-2013, 10:43 AM
I can see us kicking on from this win and basically winning the trophy a good few times in the coming years. :agree:

Only if we play the same rules, :greengrin "the goalie was allowed to pick the ball up anywhere in his own half" :thumbsup:

There was also a great piece about the late ET in the Edinburghreporter last week. :aok: