PDA

View Full Version : John Brown ; Amateur psychologist

3pm
24-04-2013, 06:54 AM
'I felt I was looking at a Hibs team waiting for a cup final. I didn't see any hunger, desire or willingness to put their foot in. They should be playing for places in the final but I can see St Mirren going there and getting a result. I thought Hibs were woeful.'

The Dundee gaffer on Monday night's game against Aberdeen. Lifted from the Metro this morning.

DaveF
24-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Dear John,

Yer teams going down. Get over it.

:fenlon

#FromTheCapital
24-04-2013, 07:09 AM
Looks like we have another Alex Ferguson in the making. Is that supposed to motivate us to beat St Mirren :confused: He's obviously not watched us much in the last few months as that was probably one of our better performances

Speedway
24-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Looks like we have another Alex Ferguson in the making. Is that supposed to motivate us to beat St Mirren :confused: He's obviously not watched us much in the last few months as that was probably one of our better performances

Is he wrong?

Saorsa
24-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Somebody of nae importance passes comment on Hibs.

Jim44
24-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Bomber Brown isn't bright enough to use amateur psychology. He's as thick as pig***** and just saying it as it is.

DaveF
24-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Is he wrong?

Yes he is.

Golden Bear
24-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Is he wrong?

A very good question and one I'm not prepared to answer on this Messageboard.

:wink:

#FromTheCapital
24-04-2013, 08:33 AM
Is he wrong?

Does it matter if he's right or wrong? I think us hibs fans who go to the games every week know our own problems better than some soon to be first division manager who happened to watch one of our games.

Pretty Boy
24-04-2013, 08:42 AM
I thought our work rata and willingness to get stuck in was far better on Monda than it has been for a while. Thommo and Taiwo were certainly not shy about throwing themselves into tackles and whilst a lot didn't work out for Leigh he was chasing every lost ball down and snapping at players to get it back.

John Brown is a fud.

Saorsa
24-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Funny he never said anything aboot the sheep and they were far worse than we were, we get beat on Saturday and it's :bye: :bye: Dundee

John Brown, what a :clown:

green glory
24-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Snaggletoothed buffoon.

keep the faith
24-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Ha ha! If you think we were bad on monday you really should have seen some of our other performances this year john!!

JimBHibees
24-04-2013, 09:29 AM
A grunt as a player a grunt as a manager. Can remember he was playing centre half at Ibrox against Mikey Weir and was able to boot him with shocking tackles about 3 or 4 times in the first 5 mins without the ref doing anything? Complete joke.

Vini1875
24-04-2013, 09:35 AM
Looked to me like Pat was trying a few things out on Monday and probably will in the run up to the final. Thompson and Taiwo, as well as Harris and Handling on the wings. I would not be surprised if Griffiths is rested in the run up to the 26th of May, while Done and Robertson are given more game time. I also expect Doyle to have more game time. It would be good also if some of the younger get a chance.

Stevie Reid
24-04-2013, 09:40 AM
We certainly weren't great on Monday - but we were miles better than Aberdeen.

Wheat Hound
24-04-2013, 09:42 AM
'Show me the title deeds.........youse buy the pies, youse pie the season books, youse buy the jerseys.....................

The man is a clown. The BBC highlights from Monday night show we dominated the game and had all the chances. Aberdeen are shown to have one powdr puff effort straight at Williams and the rest is all Hibs. It wasn't a great performance but was still a slight improvement on most other league games recently. We need to win on Saturday though to prevent this lack of a home league win all year becoming a real mill-stone round our neck.

PeeKay
24-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Brown's remark on national radio about Gareth Bale, "...you can't run without legs" confirms that he is still the thug that he always was as a hun. Why does anyone in the media pay any attention to a single word he says?

The Sea-gull
24-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Nice try "bomber" but I doubt any of the hibs players or staff really care what you think. As you point out, they have a cup final to look forward to. If he thought we were woeful Christ knows what he thought of Aberdeen. To be fair to him he is only articulating his opinion and it isn't really worth getting worked up about.

GORDONSMITH7
24-04-2013, 10:27 AM
'I felt I was looking at a Hibs team waiting for a cup final. I didn't see any hunger, desire or willingness to put their foot in. They should be playing for places in the final but I can see St Mirren going there and getting a result. I thought Hibs were woeful.'

The Dundee gaffer on Monday night's game against Aberdeen. Lifted from the Metro this morning.

Don't know about John Brown but Billy seems to be. After his mentalist rant after East Fife's defeat to Stenhousemuir which was put up by someone here, they went out and won last weekend for the first time in yonks. I think the psychologists call it 'giving a good boot up the erse', R.

BIG G

cabbageandribs1875
there's only two bomber browns

HIBERNIAN-0762
...And Aberdeen weren't John...

Do yourself a favour hun...STFU!

silverhibee
24-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Funny he never said anything aboot the sheep and they were far worse than we were, we get beat on Saturday and it's :bye: :bye: Dundee

John Brown, what a :clown:

This is just not what i am getting about Monday nights game, yes it wasn't the greatest game to watch but if you are a Hibs fan who goes along and watches us then you would see there was a slight improvement from us, the Dons were just ****ing woeful and we should have took the 3 points the other night there.

Why are the dons not getting slated for there performance the other night there by the pundits that watched the game, hope Pat has a wee dig at Dundee this weekend, and if not then here we go, **** you John "jobbie" Brown ya roaster that you are.

madabouthibs
24-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Doesn't say much for us when Aberdeen can be that woeful and still manage to scrape a draw against us at Easter Road.
Browns trying to do his team a favour as he's relying on other teams from here on in. Nowt wrong with that IMHO. :agree:
He might just be doing us a favour too! :greengrin

hibbymac
24-04-2013, 11:32 AM
A good Dundee man ?? (http://video.stv.tv/bc/news-120628-brownspeech/?redirect=no)

lord bunberry
24-04-2013, 11:56 AM
He's clearly trying to play mind games here, he knows the fat lady is clearing her throat so he's desperately trying to seek whatever advantage he can

DaveF
24-04-2013, 12:00 PM
I once had the misfortune to attend a sportsmans dinner where Brown was the guest speaker. A more boring, unfunny, brain dead, monotone speech I have yet to hear. Still, the hun hordes in attendance lapped up every word :rolleyes:

3pm
24-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Don't know about John Brown but Billy seems to be. After his mentalist rant after East Fife's defeat to Stenhousemuir which was put up by someone here, they went out and won last weekend for the first time in yonks. I think the psychologists call it 'giving a good boot up the erse', R.

BIG G

I have heard of Billy Brown's methods at East Fife G. I don't think he's that clever.

Future17
24-04-2013, 12:17 PM
I once had the misfortune to attend a sportsmans dinner where Brown was the guest speaker. A more boring, unfunny, brain dead, monotone speech I have yet to hear. Still, the hun hordes in attendance lapped up every word :rolleyes:

John Brown? Guest speaker? Sportsman's dinner?

What's next? Abu Qatada on "Wish You Were Here"?!?!

KeithTheHibby
24-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Wonder if he will say the same stuff when the sheep are due to play St Mirren?

Let's not forget Aberdeen had a new manager yet I seen nothing from them to suggest that they were giving 2 hoots about that fact.

We were poor in the first half, better in the second and kept a clean sheet so it's not all bad.

DaveF
24-04-2013, 12:35 PM
John Brown? Guest speaker? Sportsman's dinner?

What's next? Abu Qatada on "Wish You Were Here"?!?!

To put it into context - It was in Whitburn :greengrin

bingo70
24-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Sounds like he's just trying to fire us up for Saturday as they desperately need st mirren to lose games, nothing to get upset about or to take personally.

Still not something he should be saying though so would like to hear fenlons response.

LeighLoyal
24-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Bomber is right again on this one I fear. :top marks

Heedersnvolleys
24-04-2013, 01:01 PM
This is just not what i am getting about Monday nights game, yes it wasn't the greatest game to watch but if you are a Hibs fan who goes along and watches us then you would see there was a slight improvement from us, the Dons were just ****ing woeful and we should have took the 3 points the other night.

I think that's what p'd me off on Monday was Aberdeen were that bad and we still struggled to look good or take 3 points!

bingo70
24-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Bomber is right again on this one I fear. :top marks

In what way does an improved performance from previous weeks indicate players are keeping themself for the final?

He is talking pish, doesn't bother me as It's obvious why he said it but that doesn't detract from the fact he's talking rubbish

JimBHibees
24-04-2013, 01:08 PM
In what way does an improved performance from previous weeks indicate players are keeping themself for the final?

He is talking pish, doesn't bother me as It's obvious why he said it but that doesn't detract from the fact he's talking rubbish

Agree he struggles naming what day of the week it is. He is being an erse.

Keith_M
24-04-2013, 01:55 PM
I don't care who said it and why, if it does help motivate the players in the upcoming league games, it's fine by me.

Captain Trips
24-04-2013, 02:03 PM

Any Colin Calderwood interview.

jdships
24-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Mr Brown purports to have been a professional footballer so surely he would know that Leagues are not won and lost on five end of season games they are won and lost over the results of the whole campaign
Maybe if his team had shown ' hunger, desire or willingness to put their foot in. ' they would not be bottom of the league !!
Always has been a renta mouth

:na na:

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Lidl's version of Fergie and even then on the oops shelf. Not wanted by the majority of Dark Blues supporters and only at Dens cos his true-blue first love knocked him back. Decent player that morphed into an utter bampot as soon as he signed for the team, formerly known as Rangers.

greenlex
24-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Is he wrong?
Yes there was effort a plenty on Monday night. Quality in the final third let us down. Just becayusde we dont tackle wrecklessly like he did and one of his players in their derby doesn't mean there is no desire.The game ha moved on from his day. He is a complete and utter welt into the bargain. A hun welt to boot.

Skanko79
24-04-2013, 03:47 PM
call him what you want but he's absolutely spot on.

greenlex
24-04-2013, 03:55 PM
call him what you want but he's absolutely spot on.
No hes not.

Skanko79
24-04-2013, 03:58 PM
No hes not.

so on monday we were a hungry, up for it hibs with each individual player battling for a place in the cup final?

was mondays performance acceptable for you?

it certainly wasnt for me.

JimBHibees
24-04-2013, 04:02 PM
so on monday we were a hungry, up for it hibs with each individual player battling for a place in the cup final?

Personally thought it was reasonable on an awful pitch in very windy conditions. We were the better team and should have won against a team we usually struggle against. Thought our defence looked better than it has and also Thomson playing well and 90 mins was a major plus for me. Young kids were hit and miss and Sparky was frustrating in some of his play but generally thought it was pretty promising.

greenlex
24-04-2013, 04:04 PM

Yes. I cant name one failure in that respect on the night. Can You?

Skanko79
24-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Personally thought it was reasonable on an awful pitch in very windy conditions. We were the better team and should have won against a team we usually struggle against. Thought our defence looked better than it has and also Thomson playing well and 90 mins was a major plus for me. Young kids were hit and miss and Sparky was frustrating in some of his play but generally thought it was pretty promising.

Agree we were the better team, they were awful, it wouldnt be difficult to be the better team against them though as they were shocking.

again, back to browns points, i felt also alot of the players seemed to hold back for fear of an injury before the final. it was blatantly obvious to me and those around me anyway. griffiths never had a decent enough ball played to him for the ENTIRE game. and KT seemed the only only player on the park with a wee bit hunger.

Skanko79
24-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Yes. I cant name one failure in that respect on the night. Can You?

your clearly on the wind up if you think that was a decent performance.

the only positive i took from the game was the fact we kept a clean sheet, which in all honesty still would have been the case had we played without a goalkeeper.

#FromTheCapital
24-04-2013, 04:19 PM
your clearly on the wind up if you think that was a decent performance.

the only positive i took from the game was the fact we kept a clean sheet, which in all honesty still would have been the case had we played without a goalkeeper.

It was decent compared to some of the eye bleeding stuff we've played in the last few months. Might not be as good as we want or expect but it was an improvement. We could've easily scored a couple of goals if Jamie Clangfield hadn't been in such uncharacteristic good form.

JimBHibees
25-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Agree we were the better team, they were awful, it wouldnt be difficult to be the better team against them though as they were shocking.

again, back to browns points, i felt also alot of the players seemed to hold back for fear of an injury before the final. it was blatantly obvious to me and those around me anyway. griffiths never had a decent enough ball played to him for the ENTIRE game. and KT seemed the only only player on the park with a wee bit hunger.

They were poor going forward however they still have a decent SPL defence with Anderson, Reynolds a reasonable central partnership.

Skanko79
25-04-2013, 10:37 AM
They were poor going forward however they still have a decent SPL defence with Anderson, Reynolds a reasonable central partnership.

had sparky been given decent service or shown a fraction of the form he is capable of he would have pulled them all over the place. i wasnt impressed with them in the slightest, i think they have a decent pedigree but much like us aberdeen havent shown at all how good they should be with the players they have.

Anderson looks past it, Reynolds looks a decent left footed centre half but hasnt shown a glimpse of the form he did at motherwell.

Part/Time Supporter
25-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Pat was asked about Bomber's mind games today:

"I have a job managing Hibs. He seems to be able to manage Dundee, Hibs & Rangers at the same time."

:faf:

Saorsa
25-04-2013, 09:57 PM

"I have a job managing Hibs. He seems to be able to manage Dundee, Hibs & Rangers at the same time."

:faf::thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
25-04-2013, 10:09 PM

:hilarious

Kaff
25-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Lennon at it a bit today with his comments about POTY, he does have a valid point but his 'theres some very angry players in that dressing room with a point to prove' (or words to that effect) is all about keeping them on the boil for the final. Thankfully Wanyama won't be in a position to show why he, possibly rightly, should have been nominated/shortlisted!

poolman
25-04-2013, 11:59 PM

Aye,if you say so

Any chance you giving it a rest

Pete
26-04-2013, 01:38 AM
Some people must have watched Mondays match, compared it to foreign teams on the TV and come to the conclusion that we can do better than what we did.

Terms like "Eye-bleeding" and "dreadful" are easy to throw about but it seems to be automatic nowadays. We done OK considering and anyone who says otherwise can go and watch the champions league permanently for all I care.

As for Brown, he's done well and he's doing what any other manager would do. Pat's response was a classic though...and I know who I would fancy in a fight!

MWHIBBIES
26-04-2013, 05:26 AM
call him what you want but he's absolutely spot on.He really isn't.

MWHIBBIES
26-04-2013, 05:29 AM
had sparky been given decent service or shown a fraction of the form he is capable of he would have pulled them all over the place. i wasnt impressed with them in the slightest, i think they have a decent pedigree but much like us aberdeen havent shown at all how good they should be with the players they have.

Anderson looks past it, Reynolds looks a decent left footed centre half but hasnt shown a glimpse of the form he did at motherwell.Thought Anderson was fairly solid, didn't do anything spectacular but little things here and there throughout the match that many people would miss showed he is still a good player at this level.

JimBHibees
26-04-2013, 09:38 AM

Saw that today. Brilliant line PF. :greengrin:not worth

Captain Trips
26-04-2013, 09:59 AM
We are able to look from perspective of previous matches to say we looked better than previous weeks but somebody that hasnt watched Hibs could come to his conclusions pretty easily. There were two teams on show and it appears only Hibs are being picked out as worthy of discussion when Aberdeen were disappointing and deserve looked at also.

Diclonius
26-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Appointed permanent manager of Dundee.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22307449

jdships
26-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Appointed permanent manager of Dundee.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22307449

Ah well ' Joy be with them ' !!

"Arguing with a fool can be the most strenuous of activities, for he will never understand why he is a fool"
comes to mind