PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket prices

DH1875
23-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Been confirmed that celtic are reducing all their adult STs for next season by £100. Anyone know how much a ST for them now is? Also how much is a ST at the pbs? Are we now one of the most expensive in the SPL?

lyonhibs
23-04-2013, 06:19 PM
For a full price adult ST, we've always been one of the more pricey IIRC. That's not going to change.

But then again, something like 50-60% of Hibs fans are on family/Hibs Future/Hibs Kids/OAP/student tickets, so the topline price for the most expensive ticket is hardly indicative of what the average punter pays on average for a ticket at Hibs.

What we should investigate is making seats in the first few rows of the lower tiers cheaper, both ST and for purchase online on a match by match basis.

Anyone who thinks someone sitting 3 rows from the front gets the same quality of view as someone 10-20 rows back is kidding themselves

brianmc
23-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Regardless of cost I won't be buying one for either of those two pigsties.

lord bunberry
23-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Regardless of cost I won't be buying one for either of those two pigsties.

Amen to that

Scouse Hibee
23-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Been confirmed that celtic are reducing all their adult STs for next season by £100. Anyone know how much a ST for them now is? Also how much is a ST at the pbs? Are we now one of the most expensive in the SPL?

The Celtic offer is for a fixed period of 8 hours is what I've just been told.

sbell1875
23-04-2013, 07:03 PM

Is it not only for renewals? My mate who I car share with received an email from Celtic this afternoon.

Geo_1875
23-04-2013, 10:51 PM
It's a short term offer to encourage ST sales as they are suffering badly without their blue friends. Our top price ST is actually less than HoMFC and Celtc. The average is probably higher because they have lower priced concessions.

givescotlandfreedom
23-04-2013, 11:24 PM
If we had Champions League money we'd be better placed to do that too. As it is we're making a loss.

The Baldmans Comb
24-04-2013, 10:59 AM
The Celtic offer is for a fixed period of 8 hours is what I've just been told.

It's not.

Do people just believe anything their mates tell them??

Brightside
24-04-2013, 11:45 AM
The cost of season tickets in this country is shocking - esp for the product on display. £150 for a Bayern ST!!

Lucius Apuleius
24-04-2013, 11:55 AM
The cost of season tickets in this country is shocking - esp for the product on display. £150 for a Bayern ST!!

Average price or cheapest price, or even dearest price?

Brightside
24-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Cheapest is £108 - most exp is £550 i think (i assume thats an arm chair, and a page 3 stunna pouring beer for you)

But Ive never understood why we dont do something a bit clever to try and get the numbers up.

Lucius Apuleius
24-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Cheapest is £108 - most exp is £550 i think (i assume thats an arm chair, and a page 3 stunna pouring beer for you)

But Ive never understood why we dont do something a bit clever to try and get the numbers up.

Sure the LWT team would be open to ideas to take to the board. What is our cheapest and most expensive? (lazy, cannae be ersed looking it up :greengrin)

Scouse Hibee
24-04-2013, 01:46 PM
It's not.

Do people just believe anything their mates tell them??

Thanks smarterse.

DH1875
24-04-2013, 03:38 PM

Said this before but when I lived in Spain (3/4 years ago) a ST for Malaga was only €230. You might think its only Malaga but remember their playing Barca, Valencia, Sevilla, the Madrid clubs etc......
Might not be a popular view on here but really dont see how the club can justify our STs being the same as or even lower than celtics.

Gatecrasher
24-04-2013, 03:39 PM
speaking to a Celtic STH earlier about this and his ST is now costing him £325 next season. He sits in the main stand just behind the dug outs.

DH1875
24-04-2013, 05:04 PM
speaking to a Celtic STH earlier about this and his ST is now costing him £325 next season. He sits in the main stand just behind the dug outs.

So its £325 to watch a CL, league winning side or £405 to watch a team who can't even make top 6. No wonder people feel ripped off. We really need to do something about our prices.

Gatecrasher
24-04-2013, 05:09 PM
So its £325 to watch a CL, league winning side or £405 to watch a team who can't even make top 6. No wonder people feel ripped off. We really need to do something about our prices.
he also said it could cost celtic about £4 million to do this though. Also my ST's for the early bird was £380 :wink:

CelticEnd
25-04-2013, 10:46 AM

This information is incorrect.

I renewed my season ticket yesterday for that section.

Last year it was £551 for an adult and £129 for a child.

This year it's £451 for an adult and £50 for a child.

Season tickets at Celtic Park next year will range from about 360 to 515 for a full priced adult.

Mikey
25-04-2013, 11:04 AM
This information is incorrect.

I renewed my season ticket yesterday for that section.

Last year it was £551 for an adult and £129 for a child.

This year it's £451 for an adult and £50 for a child.

Season tickets at Celtic Park next year will range from about 360 to 515 for a full priced adult.

What's the reasoning behind the drop in price? And does that just include league games?

Viva_Palmeiras
25-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Said this before but when I lived in Spain (3/4 years ago) a ST for Malaga was only €230. You might think its only Malaga but remember their playing Barca, Valencia, Sevilla, the Madrid clubs etc......
Might not be a popular view on here but really dont see how the club can justify our STs being the same as or even lower than celtics.

What is the position of the Spanish leagues now - was there not a threatened strike over non payment of players? Are they not in a stickier position than us? Be interesting to see the impact if any of austerity across the board.

SadiesBhoy AKA FannyBhoy
25-04-2013, 01:16 PM
My Celtic season ticket (main stand) currently costs £609. £100 off next season is very welcome.
Scouse Hibbee. Don't know who is giving out info that the offer is for a fixed 8 hour period but it is incorrect. I'll get my renewal forms in next week and I'll be getting the £100 off as will everyone else. They've come up with a good structure for kids also £ 50, £125 and £175 I think for 3 separate age groups ranging from under 12 to 17 years.

there are STs cheaper than mine and also some that are much more expensive.

Keith_M
25-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Surely Celtc are just reacting to what is, to them, an alarming fall in attendances. This is supply and demand in action.

Despite what they like to say publicly, the attendances at Celtc Park have definitely been affected by the absence of their biggest rivals.

SadiesBhoy AKA FannyBhoy
25-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Keekaboo

Celtic sold 42000 season tickets this year. Crowds have often been below that and sometimes well above.
Most Celtic supporters don't miss Them but it is a strange situation. We have been conditioned into the OF rivalry and it will probably take a while for us to get used to Them not being in SPL. It is true the edge is missing and it definitely had an effect on team performances. I'm well up for next season though and I hope that they never get back. My honest opinion.

The football is better. Teams are playing football on the deck and coming to Celtic Park and having a go at us. Celtic supporters were hoping for more competitive games and we've got them. Instead of it being from one team we are getting these games from a number of clubs. The problem for other clubs is lack of consistency. They beat us but then lose to other teams. A number of teams have had good runs during the season but have fallen away for periods. Hibs initially, then ICT and Ross County. Motherwell have been the most consistent.