PDA

View Full Version : Tickets *************Official Site: Cup Final Ballot Results************

RSS Bot
23-04-2013, 04:00 PM
100 Winners Announced

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130423/cup-final-ballot-results_2262950_3154759)

SwanseaHibs
23-04-2013, 05:12 PM
I see there are 200 pairs up for grabs on Saturday too. A nice gesture from the club to reward walk-up fans and it potentially increases the gate.

All-in-all I think the club have handled this pretty well so far.

Leishy1995
23-04-2013, 05:16 PM
I see there are 200 pairs up for grabs on Saturday too. A nice gesture from the club to reward walk-up fans and it potentially increases the gate.

Apart from not taking my dad and sisters stubs off

Greendub
23-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Or mine and my brothers

Hovehibby
23-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Apart from not taking my dad and sisters stubs off

Same here. Still got my full ticket, including stub.................not much chance of me winning then

Waxy
23-04-2013, 05:24 PM
It seems Hibs have employed a turnstile attendant who didnt take the stubs off tickets for last nights match.
I was in the west lower.i went through turnstiles 13-16.(i think it was turnstile 16 but could be wrong.
The attendant scanned my ticket but gave me the whole thing back.
I didnt realise the stubs where going to be drawn from a bucket.
I had bought online and thought it would be a computerised draw.

Seems a few lads and lasses have got the same complaint.
Surely something should be done about this?

Hibs Class
23-04-2013, 05:26 PM
It seems Hibs have employed a turnstile attendant who didnt take the stubs off tickets for last nights match.
I was in the west lower.i went through turnstiles 13-16.(i think it was turnstile 16 but could be wrong.

Not much they can do now. Go back on Sat though - double the number of chances to win.

Mikey
Is there anyone who DID have their stub ripped off? All we're hearing about so far is people who didn't and that might tell us something :greengrin

clerriehibs

I would imagine at least one fan rocking up for just the 2 games this season will end up with 4 tickets to play with ...

Waxy
23-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Not much they can do now. Go back on Sat though - double the number of chances to win.not the point though is it.good chance i cant make saturday.

clerriehibs
23-04-2013, 05:29 PM

And far more commercial than nice otherwise we'd have been told right up about tix for the saints game.

Ceebs
23-04-2013, 05:31 PM

Me and the daughter were in The East and the same thing, bummer didn't realise either till I read your post.

Speedy
23-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Looks like East 41 EE 114 got two sets :confused:

vercol36
23-04-2013, 05:33 PM
It's just bad luck, I'm afraid.

clerriehibs
23-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Not much they can do now. Go back on Sat though - double the number of chances to win.

You know there'll be exactly the same number of walk-ups how?

SwanseaHibs
In that case then the club haven't handled this as well as they could.

I don't see the argument regarding not pre-announcing the St. Mirren game as being unfair or commercial though. It sounds like a case of going to the game only to be in with a chance of a Cup Final ticket.

Hovehibby
i bought mine online as well, went through turnstile 44 or 45 in the East.

Not much point in the St Mirren raffle for me though - I'm already back in Brighton and can't get back to Edinburgh for Saturday.

Poor show, Hibs

clerriehibs
23-04-2013, 05:37 PM
In that case then the club haven't handled this as well as they could.

I don't see the argument regarding not pre-announcing the St. Mirren game as being unfair or commercial though. It sounds like a case of going to the game only to be in with a chance of a Cup Final ticket.

What's not commercial aboutit? Sounds like maximising income to me ... no beef with that, but it's in no way simply a 'nice' gesture.

Hibs Class
23-04-2013, 05:38 PM
You know there'll be exactly the same number of walk-ups how?

Pedant alert! Double the number of tickets to be won! :greengrin

mcculloch1875
23-04-2013, 05:38 PM
I was West Upper (turnstile 12 i think) exact same thing, looks like it wasn't just one attendant. More the principle thats annoying, will still go on saturday though.

Speedy
23-04-2013, 05:39 PM
What's not commercial aboutit? Sounds like maximising income to me ... no beef with that, but it's in no way simply a 'nice' gesture.

Agreed.

I don't think anyone would say it is unfair. It's 100% commercial though, the reason they didn't announce it before the Aberdeen game is because fewer people would've went as they'd chance their luck with Saturday.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Anyone on here a winner?

mcculloch1875
23-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Anyone contacted the club about this?

silverhibee
23-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Is there anyone who DID have their stub ripped off? All we're hearing about so far is people who didn't and that might tell us something :greengrin

I was under the impression that all you needed to do was buy a ticket and your name went in to the raffle, i never even handed my ticket over. :doh:

Mikey
23-04-2013, 05:45 PM
I was under the impression that all you needed to do was buy a ticket and your name went in to the raffle, i never even handed my ticket over. :doh:

I'm thinking that's what happened as there are too many people who didn't have their stub ripped off, and so far no-one who did!!

Spike Mandela
23-04-2013, 05:48 PM

Bugger just checked my daughters tickets and they haven't had the stubs removed and it was turnstile 13-16 as well. What an incompetent git!

DaveF
23-04-2013, 05:49 PM
I'm thinking that's what happened as there are too many people who didn't have their stub ripped off, and so far no-one who did!!

From the article:

"Stewart McGuire and Willie Kirk each drew 50 winners from the draw bucket containing all walk up ticket stubs from last nights game.
The lucky walk-up supporters whose seats have been drawn will have the opportunity to purchase two tickets for the eagerly anticipated Scottish Cup Final on 26 May.
Tickets can be claimed by showing the respective stub at the point of purchase during a priority period that will be announced shortly"

Billy Whizz
Hibs must have all the ticket stubs from last night. It must be easy to check if your ticket was in the draw. They should publish on the website all the tickets in the draw, if yours wasn't and you have a ticket stub, you should be entered automatically into Saturday's draw.
Thank goodness we don't do a Lotto, if this is how we do a ticket draw....

Jay
Can you not contact the club and explain? If you still have the full ticket you have proof that your stub didnt go into the draw. Maybe they will stick them in saturdays draw for you?

CropleyWasGod
23-04-2013, 05:50 PM

Plenty door staff going to the final though :greengrin

iwasthere1972
23-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Still got the stubs attached to the two tickets I bought. Did mention that to the guy who scanned my tickets and asked him if we would be in the draw. He sort of implied that we would as the tickets were scanned.

Absolute shambles if we weren't in the draw. Pathetic.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Still got the stubs attached to the two tickets I bought. Did mention that to the guy who scanned my tickets and asked him if we would be in the draw. He sort of implied that we would as the tickets were scanned.

Absolute shambles if we weren't in the draw. Pathetic.

You don't know if you were in the draw or not. If you were then better luck next time, if not then Hibs must sort this ASAP

Waxy
23-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Can you not contact the club and explain? If you still have the full ticket you have proof that your stub didnt go into the draw. Maybe they will stick them in saturdays draw for you?How would i go about that?

Waxy
23-04-2013, 05:57 PM
How would i go about that?I still have full tickets.

silverhibee
23-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Plenty door staff going to the final though :greengrin

:faf:

They will be running there own bus. :grr:

silverhibee
23-04-2013, 05:58 PM
You don't know if you were in the draw or not. If you were then better luck next time, if not then Hibs must sort this ASAP

We do now, they weren't.

Jay
23-04-2013, 06:01 PM
If you go on to the official site you will get phone numbers and email details of people to contact. I would try the ticket office first and ask how the draw was done, if it was tickets stubs then explain what has happened and say you still have the full ticket to prove it.

SwanseaHibs
23-04-2013, 06:03 PM
The club have maximised the financial opportunities that reaching a Cup Final brings. It is no different to the approach with season tickets by saying buy one now and you're in.

The stubs thing isn't on though and as has been mentioned before the club should be addressing this quickly. It might have been one or two guys on the gates doing this on purpose. I appreciate that is little comfort.

DH1875
23-04-2013, 06:08 PM
I thought that you didnt need to use the ticket if you bought one and that it was seat numbers not stubs they were using.

silverhibee
23-04-2013, 06:09 PM

So where did the stubs come from Holmes. :confused: :greengrin

Mikey
23-04-2013, 06:11 PM
We won't know for sure until someone tells us that they had their stub removed and so far that hasn't happened.

Anyone :dunno:

Mikey
23-04-2013, 06:11 PM
So where did the stubs come from Holmes. :confused: :greengrin

The other side of the ticket :wink:

clerriehibs
23-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Pedant alert! Double the number of tickets to be won! :greengrin

Hardly pedantic, ya numpty!!

clerriehibs
23-04-2013, 06:21 PM
The other side of the ticket :wink:

I had 4 for my kids and friend ... they were all joined together in the envelope. Nothing was taken off the ticket, and they were just scanned (allegedly).

Mikey
23-04-2013, 06:25 PM
I had 4 for my kids and friend ... they were all joined together in the envelope. Nothing was taken off the ticket, and they were just scanned (allegedly).

:aok:

lugz
23-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Anyone on here a winner?

My wee cousin won, I can't win as I'm a ST holder 😉

iwasthere1972
23-04-2013, 06:31 PM
My wee cousin won, I can't win as I'm a ST holder 

Aye but excuse the phrase......does he still have his wee stub?

silverhibee
23-04-2013, 06:33 PM

:worms:

silverhibee
23-04-2013, 06:35 PM
My wee cousin won, I can't win as I'm a ST holder 

Did they get there stub taken by the dodgy guy at the turnstile. :cb

Hibs Class
23-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Hardly pedantic, ya numpty!!

Calm down. Thought the smiley at the end of my reply gave it away?

lugz
23-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Aye but excuse the phrase......does he still have his wee stub?

Her wee stub was taken off her at the game haha

Mikey
23-04-2013, 06:47 PM

:aok:

clerriehibs
23-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Calm down. Thought the smiley at the end of my reply gave it away?

Likewise ... :greengrin ... double exclamation mark is widely kn own to mean pretendy exasperation ... :wink:

iwasthere1972
23-04-2013, 07:03 PM

:doh: Cheers.

Hibs Class
23-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Likewise ... :greengrin ... double exclamation mark is widely kn own to mean pretendy exasperation ... :wink:

Oops!!

Hibby_Paul
23-04-2013, 07:07 PM
My brother bought ticket and was same, scanned only nothing tore off. East Stand.

He did say after it why they didn't tear off the stub and the statement on how draw was done suggests many have been shafted!

Has anyone confirmed if anyone did get their tickets stubs tore off yet? !

iwasthere1972
23-04-2013, 07:10 PM
My brother bought ticket and was same, scanned only nothing tore off. East Stand.

He did say after it why they didn't tear off the stub and the statement on how draw was done suggests many have been shafted!

Has anyone confirmed if anyone did get their tickets stubs tore off yet? !

One wee lassie....see above. All the others are probably too busy getting drunk and making plans.

Bristolhibby
23-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Call me daft, but aren't all tickets are issued through a database regardless weather somone gets their stub ripped or not.

That way Hibs just have to use some database to randomly select the winners.

Only Hibs can **** this up.

J

Eganov
23-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Never took the stub off my ticket either, just scanned it. What's going on? Site definitely says stubs were physically drawn from the bucket. Are the staff at the turnstiles still trying to do over the fans/club?

Hibi
23-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Anyone on here a winner?

Yes, delighted as well. First year for not sure how many that my family either haven't been season ticket holders or last year had memberships so chuffed to have got two.

Roll on May

Boyle89
23-04-2013, 07:28 PM
****ing yaaaaaas!!

Mikey
23-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Yes, delighted as well. First year for not sure how many that my family either haven't been season ticket holders or last year had memberships so chuffed to have got two.

Roll on May

****ing yaaaaaas!!

Did you pair have the stub removed from your ticket?

Billy Whizz
23-04-2013, 07:42 PM

Are you a detective

Mikey
23-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Are you a detective

No, but getting to the bottom off it rather than just blowing off at the club before we have answers seems a sensible approach :greengrin

zosohibee
23-04-2013, 07:47 PM
I may be wrong but checking Hibs tickets i have there are two stub bits, both sides are perforated to make them ripable, it is concievable that one side is ripped off when they sell the ticket and kept at the booth, check for this as i have a ST so i dunno for sure. One other thing, as a ST holder for next year only i am entitled to one ticket but someone who went last night gets two, possibly their first game of the season. Not got any beef with Hibs fans getting tickets but if we are the chosen ones that the Hibs site is being so lauditory of then why are we getting less. Would like to get my brother along and he lives in Aberdeen so hes humped essentially.

Billy Whizz
23-04-2013, 07:48 PM
No, but getting to the bottom off it rather than just blowing off at the club before we have answers seems a sensible approach :greengrin

I agree, well done Mr Fans police

Glory Lurker
23-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Pretty sure mine was torn off when I went in to the East. Not an issue for me, though, as I've got an ST for next year and I didn't win in the raffle anyway.

hibbymick
23-04-2013, 08:03 PM
I won 2 and my stub wasnt ripped off. ooooer missus

Mikey
23-04-2013, 08:07 PM
I won 2 and my stub wasnt ripped off. ooooer missus

Where's that Sherlock Holmes smillie :greengrin

silverhibee
23-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Where's that Sherlock Holmes smillie :greengrin

:cb

Green Man
23-04-2013, 09:34 PM
When the tickets are printed they have two stubs. I bought a ticket at the east stand pod, they ripped off a stub when I bought it but there's still a stub remaining on my ticket (right hand side).

Stenny
23-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Looks like East 41 EE 114 got two sets :confused:

Noticed that too... How can this be possible, nobody check the list before its published :confused:

Greendub
23-04-2013, 11:34 PM
By walk up supporters, do they mean those who got tickets from the pods before the game?

Or do they mean all non season ticket holders?

Leishy1995
23-04-2013, 11:41 PM

Me, but I walked up and my dad and sister bought them last week

Leithenhibby
24-04-2013, 07:49 AM
I didn't have my stub ripped off!

Neither did my boy's. When I purchased the tickets I did ask the guy and he said that we would be put into the draw automatically :confused:

Hibi
24-04-2013, 08:02 AM

Sorry Mikey, just noticed the question this morning after a few drinks last night to celebrate my birthday and more importantly my raffle win. Yes I purchased tickets in the East and the stubs were removed when I bought them.

Greendub
24-04-2013, 08:25 AM
So it looks like the only people entered into the draw were fans who bought tickets at the pods.

so because I went along a couple days early to get tickets, means we were left out and we've already bought for saturday.

Poor show by hibs

Biffa Bacon
24-04-2013, 08:26 AM
By walk up supporters, do they mean those who got tickets from the pods before the game?

Or do they mean all non season ticket holders?

This is what I want to know. I bought two tickets from the club shop at the weekend (stubs still intact, tickets just scanned at the turnstile). Tweeted Hibs last night about this but yet to receive a reply.

DaveF
24-04-2013, 08:31 AM
I think will make a statement about this today so keep an eye out for that. Hopefully, they can clear up the confusion.

linlithgowhibbie
24-04-2013, 08:36 AM
I feel doubly ripped off. I treated my wife and I to the hospitality on monday. I asked the girl about being entered into the draw, she didn't know. I then asked the Tache when he came round the tables. He didn't know either. A stub was taken off the ticket but if you see the draw there is a gap of about 100 seats (Hospitality area) wide where no one has been lucky!!!! Coincidence!! Who knows but I feel I would have been luckier elsewhere.

Rant over and good luck/ well done to the winners.

Saorsa
24-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Where's that Sherlock Holmes smillie :greengrin:wink:

Mikey
24-04-2013, 09:34 AM
As Dave says, the club should be putting something out this morning to explain how the draw works and confirming that everyone who was eligible to be in in was indeed in it.

down-the-slope
24-04-2013, 09:40 AM
For every ticket issued there is a ticket stub generated and retained by the Club prior to you receiving it. Therefore there is no need for stubs to be collected by turnstile operators as the club retained stubs are used within the draw.

Mikey you are officially sacked as .net Sherlock.....how difficult is it to understand that.....:greengrin

So all the losers can calm their jets :agree:

down-the-slope
24-04-2013, 09:43 AM
All tickets purchased are included within the draw therefore if you are unable to attend the game but have purchased a ticket you will still have the chance to win.

....and for all the far flung punters ...... you don't even need to bother with watching the team ........:wink:

Saorsa
24-04-2013, 09:50 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130424/cup-final-ballot_2262950_3155442

This Saturday you could be in with a chance of being one of 200 lucky supporters who will win the right to buy Scottish Cup Final tickets.
100 lucky supporters were announced yesterday and they will take their place at Hampden on the 26 May.
This weekend's ballot will follow the same format as Monday Nights:

Everyone who buys a ticket for the game against St Mirren is entered in to the draw.
For every ticket issued there is a ticket stub generated and retained by the Club prior to you receiving it. Therefore there is no need for stubs to be collected by turnstile operators as the club retained stubs are used within the draw.
Our ticket system also generates a list of all supporters who have pre-purchased tickets online, at the ticket office or via the call centre which are also included in the draw.
All tickets purchased are included within the draw therefore if you are unable to attend the game but have purchased a ticket you will still have the chance to win.
Although it would be easier to publish the names of those supporters selected from the ballot we are restricted to seat numbers only due to the Data Protection Act 1998.
Remember to keep your ticket as proof of purchase should you win.

Enter the ballot now by purchasing your tickets here (https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/details/event.aspx?itemref=2639) and make your way along to Easter Road on Saturday for the 3pm kick off against St Mirren.
To all those who are purchasing tickets, good luck in the ballot.

Lucius Apuleius
24-04-2013, 09:51 AM

This Saturday you could be in with a chance of being one of 200 lucky supporters who will win the right to buy Scottish Cup Final tickets.
100 lucky supporters were announced yesterday and they will take their place at Hampden on the 26 May.

Everyone who buys a ticket for the game against St Mirren is entered in to the draw.
Our ticket system also generates a list of all supporters who have pre-purchased tickets online, at the ticket office or via the call centre which are also included in the draw.
Although it would be easier to publish the names of those supporters selected from the ballot we are restricted to seat numbers only due to the Data Protection Act 1998.

Enter the ballot now by purchasing your tickets here (https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/details/event.aspx?itemref=2639) and make your way along to Easter Road on Saturday for the 3pm kick off against St Mirren.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Down with the truth! We need more ecuses to kick the club with. :-)

Saorsa
24-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Down with the truth! We need more ecuses to kick the club with. :-)and we need some excuses too :wink: :greengrin

Beefster
24-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Maybe the walk-ups doing their dinger at the club and throwing about stuff like 'incompetent' need to be eating some humble pie?

silverhibee
24-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Down with the truth! We need more ecuses to kick the club with. :-)

Oh well, still a extra £10 to go towards the managers budget for next season. :greengrin

Will go for it again this Saturday, clubs a winner each time. :wink: :greengrin

Waxy
24-04-2013, 11:03 AM
My apologies to Hibs and said turnstile attendants. Will try my best to make saturday.

Greendub
24-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Apologies from me too, too quick to assume cos I didn't win I was being done over lol

I would have been going to the two games anyway before I head back to Norway

So did that one seat win 4 tickets?

Captain Trips
24-04-2013, 11:47 AM

Cheers for posting info.

I cannot make match but I could though in theory still buy a ticket and take a risk that I get one in ballot at the price of a match ticket judging on the info above?

DaveF
24-04-2013, 11:57 AM
I cannot make match but I could though in theory still buy a ticket and take a risk that I get one in ballot at the price of a match ticket judging on the info above?

Yes

"All tickets purchased are included within the draw therefore if you are unable to attend the game but have purchased a ticket you will still have the chance to win"