PDA

View Full Version : NHC Russell to leave Dundee United

DaveF
23-04-2013, 11:44 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22263443

1 year left and refusing to sign new contract so looks like he'll be away shortly.

Mikey
23-04-2013, 11:44 AM
No doubt prompted by the offers that Utd rejected recently. He'll be forcing the issue.

LeighLoyal
23-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Shame, he's decent but I'm not sure he'd score regularly in the Championship tbh. League One maybe.

Biggie
23-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Shame, he's decent but I'm not sure he'd score regularly in the Championship tbh. League One maybe.

bet the tims and the huns have been sniffing about him...

Treadstone
23-04-2013, 11:51 AM
See him as between a 10-15 goals a season man in the championship (46 games mind you).

The Sea-gull
23-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Good player. Celtic very, very keen seemingly. Neil Lennon really likes him and has gone on record as saying. For some reason, I couldn't see him going there and getting a regular game.

They want to keep Hooper but if Hopper goes they'll look for a bigger name replacement than Russell. If Russell went to Celtic and Hooper left, he would not be their "marquee" signing to replace Hooper.

Russell could do well in the Championship but then I thought Goodwilie would take it by storm too. Not sure who is the better player out of Russell and Goodwillie. Goodwillie maybe faster and stronger but Russell a bit trickier and more of a goal poacher.

silverhibee
23-04-2013, 12:06 PM
http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/dundee-united-boss-jackie-mcnamara-plays-down-italian-move-for-johnny-russell-1.86750

Aldo
23-04-2013, 12:09 PM
He'll be gone with a year left they will get bout 750,000 to a million quid tops. Still needs to recover from injury as well

Benny Brazil
23-04-2013, 12:27 PM
http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/dundee-united-boss-jackie-mcnamara-plays-down-italian-move-for-johnny-russell-1.86750

Interseting para in that report about Utd having to pay 230k euros for a dud that Potter signed during his time - could severly impact their plans for next season.

Andy74
23-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Interseting para in that report about Utd having to pay 230k euros for a dud that Potter signed during his time - could severly impact their plans for next season.

Good.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-04-2013, 01:01 PM
With United having to find money to plug the gaps from other sources than the chairman's wallet, it was always fairly likely that him and GMS would be sold on in the summer.

Pretty Boy
23-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Did a Serie A club, Catania maybe, not recently make a bid for him? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Edit: Yes, just saw Silvers link.

Aldo
23-04-2013, 03:25 PM
I personally believe they mat struggle next season They are potentially losing

Daly and Douglas (I think on frees)
With Russell and GMS to balance the boots

Any more??

Losing a really good calibre of players

PatHead
23-04-2013, 03:28 PM
I personally believe they mat struggle next season They are potentially losing

Daly and Douglas (I think on frees)
With Russell and GMS to balance the boots

Any more??

Losing a really good calibre of players Daly is definitely leaving.

hibs0666
23-04-2013, 03:36 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22263443

1 year left and refusing to sign new contract so looks like he'll be away shortly.

Yet another example that Scottish football is finished. We need to negotiate a merger with the English leagues before it's too late.

Lucius Apuleius
23-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Yet another example that Scottish football is finished. We need to negotiate a merger with the English leagues before it's too late.

No thank you.

MWHIBBIES
23-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Yet another example that Scottish football is finished. We need to negotiate a merger with the English leagues before it's too late.Player looking to leave for bigger club? How does that show Scottish football is finished?

Hainan Hibs
23-04-2013, 06:25 PM
I hope he tries a league like the Serie A instead of going to the Championship.

Hainan Hibs
23-04-2013, 06:26 PM

Aye, playing the likes of Carlisle week in week out will be a game changer:agree:

IWasThere2016
23-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Good player. Celtic very, very keen seemingly. Neil Lennon really likes him and has gone on record as saying. For some reason, I couldn't see him going there and getting a regular game.

They want to keep Hooper but if Hopper goes they'll look for a bigger name replacement than Russell. If Russell went to Celtic and Hooper left, he would not be their "marquee" signing to replace Hooper.

Russell could do well in the Championship but then I thought Goodwilie would take it by storm too. Not sure who is the better player out of Russell and Goodwillie. Goodwillie maybe faster and stronger but Russell a bit trickier and more of a goal poacher.

Russell's a big Celtc fan.