PDA

View Full Version : Pat Nevin post on Kickback.

Joy Zipper
23-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Pat Nevin posted this on Kickback this morning regarding some comments made by his son.

It's on the 5-1 gesture thread.

It only cements his reputation as a thoroughly nice man :-

"Dear Jambos,

My apologies for barging in on your site, I am sure it isn’t hugely welcome from a Hibs man like me but I feel I need to talk to a number of the real Hearts fans directly. This particular topic seemed strangely fitting. It was recently brought to my attention that some unacceptable comments and language had been used against some Hearts fans on line, emanating from my son’s account. First of all they did come from him or at least some of them did, so no excuse there. In fact this is an open and sincere apology to anyone who was offended.

The excuse/reason for the language is that Simon is on the autistic spectrum and he is unaware of the offence and indeed the consequences of his words sometimes. He is a very keen Hibs fan and obviously got carried away with the ‘banter’ in cyberspace, many others may have done the same but I have told him it is absolutely not acceptable from him. He does not like talking about autism and we as a family have never made any public comments, so it is perfectly understandable if any of you were angered, you didn’t have the full facts.

Most importantly he is not a hateful guy anyway and there is certainly no negative feeling in our family against Hearts or indeed any team. Yes we support our team but it has never meant hatred of the opposition, not in this household anyway.

Like many parents, I was unaware of the intensity of the online ‘debate’, but my wife and I were shocked by it when we were made aware and as such we just couldn’t let it lie. It is worth mentioning that it was not a Hearts fan who brought it to our attention, so thank you to those who witnessed it for being so understanding already.

If any Hearts fan feels the need to contact me personally, I will try to get back on to the site and answer any questions when I have a moment. In the meantime, thanks for your understanding and of course please don’t let up on the abuse at me personally when I am squirming on the telly when Hibs are having a torrid time. Times such as at half time last week against Falkirk at Hampden and there might have been another time at Hampden a little while back but I can’t quite remember it. That abuse is welcome, funny and I always take it in the right spirit.

Good luck for the rest of the season, with the obvious exception of course!

PS A couple of weeks ago I Hearts fan came up to me in Edinburgh and DIDN'T make the 5-1 gesture....the first time since last summer that has happened.

Pat Nevin "

FranckSuzy
23-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Pat Nevin posted this on Kickback this morning regarding some comments made by his son.

"Dear Jambos,

My apologies for barging in on your site, I am sure it isn’t hugely welcome from a Hibs man like me but I feel I need to talk to a number of the real Hearts fans directly. This particular topic seemed strangely fitting. It was recently brought to my attention that some unacceptable comments and language had been used against some Hearts fans on line, emanating from my son’s account. First of all they did come from him or at least some of them did, so no excuse there. In fact this is an open and sincere apology to anyone who was offended.

The excuse/reason for the language is that Simon is on the autistic spectrum and he is unaware of the offence and indeed the consequences of his words sometimes. He is a very keen Hibs fan and obviously got carried away with the ‘banter’ in cyberspace, many others may have done the same but I have told him it is absolutely not acceptable from him. He does not like talking about autism and we as a family have never made any public comments, so it is perfectly understandable if any of you were angered, you didn’t have the full facts.

Most importantly he is not a hateful guy anyway and there is certainly no negative feeling in our family against Hearts or indeed any team. Yes we support our team but it has never meant hatred of the opposition, not in this household anyway.

Like many parents, I was unaware of the intensity of the online ‘debate’, but my wife and I were shocked by it when we were made aware and as such we just couldn’t let it lie. It is worth mentioning that it was not a Hearts fan who brought it to our attention, so thank you to those who witnessed it for being so understanding already.

If any Hearts fan feels the need to contact me personally, I will try to get back on to the site and answer any questions when I have a moment. In the meantime, thanks for your understanding and of course please don’t let up on the abuse at me personally when I am squirming on the telly when Hibs are having a torrid time. Times such as at half time last week against Falkirk at Hampden and there might have been another time at Hampden a little while back but I can’t quite remember it. That abuse is welcome, funny and I always take it in the right spirit.

PS A couple of weeks ago I Hearts fan came up to me in Edinburgh and DIDN'T make the 5-1 gesture....the first time since last summer that has happened.

Pat Nevin "

Hibs class.

matty_f
23-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Hibs class.

:agree:

IanM
23-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Fair play to Pat. explaining family matters that are personal on your bitter rivals fans forum couldn't have been an easy thing to do, quite sad it came to that mind.

But fair play to the hearts fans who have replied as well.

i need to end this with a hibs chant as it sounds like a love in!

allez allez allez oh!!

Treadstone
23-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Craigieboy already showing his form. There will be plenty praising PN on keekback and plenty who thought it would be ok to go after someone because of who their father/family is. Kudos to the decent ones.

Phil D. Rolls
23-04-2013, 11:01 AM
A touching post.

Peevemor
23-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Craigieboy already showing his form. There will be plenty praising PN on keekback and plenty who thought it would be ok to go after someone because of who their father/family is. Kudos to the decent ones.

This made me laugh

Nice gesture, Pat, though really not necessary. I'm sure that there are no hard feelings for your laddie.

Still, after making all that effort you didn't bother to take the time to wish me a happy birthday. Dick.

clerriehibs
23-04-2013, 11:20 AM

"Dear Jambos,

Pat Nevin "

I understand why he did this; but since when did civility to the barbarians make them any less barbaric? There may be decent hertz fans out there ... just not on sickbag.

LeighLoyal
23-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Dear Yams

:fenlon

Love and kisses.

IWasThere2016
23-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Class from PN. :flag:

blaikie
23-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Well done Pat!
Takes a lot of balls to come out the limelight on a public forum and explain something which must be difficult for his family. Glad to hear we have someone like PN supporting our club! And a fellow weegie Hibee into the Bargin!

Liams
23-04-2013, 11:53 AM
What was the replys?

Treadstone
23-04-2013, 11:56 AM
What was the replys?

The gist ? Do a five-one sign on MOTD2 and we will give money to an autism charity.:deal:

It defines them.

Peevemor
23-04-2013, 11:57 AM
The gist ? Do a five-one sign on MOTD2 and we will give money to an autism charity.:deal:

It defines them.

I think that's fair enough - decent banter IMHO.

Biggie
23-04-2013, 11:58 AM
what a great post...well done pat.
BTW, has anyone seen how his response went down on kb ?.....

DaveF
23-04-2013, 12:02 PM

It defines them.

That's a good one coming from kickback. The money raised would be drained off by the 'Organiser' before any charity saw it :rolleyes:

Stringer
23-04-2013, 12:08 PM
No 'real' hearts fans post on kickback. But respect to Pat, good hibs man. :thumbsup:

Winston Ingram
23-04-2013, 12:55 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/127251-the-5-1-gesture/

gegs70
23-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Well done Pat!

Leishy1995
23-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Hibs class

hibee92
23-04-2013, 01:10 PM

It defines them.

I can't be the only one that finds this quite funny and a decent enough idea?

Most Jambo replies are decent enough anyway.

They're still all w**** :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
23-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Jolly decent form by Pat, and good marketing for Hibs, as it let's the decent Jambos know there's a home for them at ER when their current club becomes extinct. The rest? The Huns can have 'em.

WestEndHibee
23-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Hibs class.

:agree:

silverhibee
23-04-2013, 01:26 PM
I can't be the only one that finds this quite funny and a decent enough idea?

Most Jambo replies are decent enough anyway.

They're still all w**** :greengrin

Yeah, pity the A hole that is craigiebhoy is a trumpet mind you.

The Voice Of Reason
23-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Fenlon Out - Nevin In :greengrin

frazeHFC
23-04-2013, 03:01 PM

I wouldn't notice the difference until i hear them speak. :greengrin

Stantons Angel
23-04-2013, 04:02 PM
A really brilliant post Pat and one that opened up his family to the public.

Good on him for explaining about his son's condition and not blaming what he did on it.

Autisim is hard for others to understand as those who suffer from it look "normal" in every way. I have two members of my family living with this and its not easy.

Both of them are beautiful and handsome young men and a joy to be with. They each have things they do that they excel at and are truly loving individuals.

In posting as he did Pat has not only upheld his son's good reputation but brought an understanding of Autisim to a new audience which cant be bad. The more that people understand about it the more accepted sufferers will be in society.

Well done Pat another intelligent HIBBY!!!

poolman
23-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Yeah, pity the A hole that is craigiebhoy is a trumpet mind you.

There's about 3 brain cells running about that empty head barely keeping him alive

Pretty Boy
23-04-2013, 04:18 PM
There's about 3 brain cells running about that empty head barely keeping him alive

He must be a character that has been created just for the internet, no one could possibly be that big an ersehole/loser.

Shame because it's a top post by Pat and the general responsebhas been good as well.

MSK
23-04-2013, 05:10 PM
He must be a character that has been created just for the internet, no one could possibly be that big an ersehole/loser.

Shame because it's a top post by Pat and the general responsebhas been good as well.I give you Shawn Lawson ..9660

Thecat23
23-04-2013, 05:28 PM

That boy is the biggest loser on any football forum I've been on. Everything and I mean everything he posts is about the 1-5. Every other day he seems to post something about that game. Instead of other things about his team. Sad really! He must have a sad life!!

Ryan91
23-04-2013, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't notice the difference until i hear them speak. :greengrin

frazeHFC - you just blew my mind with that post, now that I think about it, they are almost the spitting image of one another.

hibbymick
23-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Ive met craigieboy before, and I can confirm he is an absolute welt.

Jonnyboy
23-04-2013, 09:23 PM

Do me a favour will you please? Next time you see him, stick five fingers in one eye and one in the other

Not Hibs class I know but I bet you'd enjoy it :greengrin

EastCalderHibby
23-04-2013, 09:40 PM

TOTAL NOB cant post without undermining hibs no matter what the thread is about yam fud:flag:

givescotlandfreedom
23-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Pat's a good guy. Glad he's one of us :flag:

The Green Goblin
24-04-2013, 01:36 AM
That's a great post from Pat. Strikes just the right tone and really confirms what a class guy he is. It's also probably just me (sorry) and I have no time whatsoever for Hearts, but I couldn't help thinking that this was also a nice moment of better natured exchanges between the fans. I remember drinking with friends who were jambos years ago and the banter wasn't nearly as nasty as it seems all of the time these days. They deserve it likes :greengrin and it was probably only me, but it was still nice to see that kind of banter again, even though it's a one off and all that. Pat's a brave man too. Again, that post is a real lesson in being the better man and leading by example. Massive respect to the man.

Braids Hibby
24-04-2013, 04:30 AM
That's a great post from Pat. Strikes just the right tone and really confirms what a class guy he is. It's also probably just me (sorry) and I have no time whatsoever for Hearts, but I couldn't help thinking that this was also a nice moment of better natured exchanges between the fans. I remember drinking with friends who were jambos years ago and the banter wasn't nearly as nasty as it seems all of the time these days. They deserve it likes :greengrin and it was probably only me, but it was still nice to see that kind of banter again, even though it's a one off and all that. Pat's a brave man too. Again, that post is a real lesson in being the better man and leading by example. Massive respect to the man.
Exactly well done Pat :)