PDA

View Full Version : Positives From Tonight

Mikey
22-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Clean sheet

More game time for the young guys (and Kevin Thomson :greengrin)

No-one got injured

We didn't lose :greengrin

wearethehibs
22-04-2013, 08:56 PM
And the half time challange was entertaining for once :)

bingo70
22-04-2013, 08:56 PM
We created chances and imo dominated possession for most of the game

Fergus52
22-04-2013, 08:57 PM

Yeah, I agree with this.

Was slightly baffled by some of the raging comments I saw on here when I got in.

Andy74
22-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Clean sheet

More game time for the young guys (and Kevin Thomson :greengrin)

No-one got injured

We didn't lose :greengrin

There'll be a thread about you in a minute.

Bishop Hibee
22-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Thought we were the better team in dire conditions for football. Far better with a 442. Handling played his best game for us especially in the second half.

Another plus is we didn't buy Hayes in the summer. He was rank.

Pretty Boy
22-04-2013, 08:59 PM

This.

The weather conditions spoiled the game tonight as opposedbto our performance.

Handling, Doyle and Griffiths all had good chances to win it for us.

davhibby
22-04-2013, 09:02 PM
It was a good improvement on our recent league games

DH1875
22-04-2013, 09:02 PM
I saved £24 on train fare :greengrin.

The Voice Of Reason
22-04-2013, 09:04 PM
1. We kept a clean sheet and looked solid

2. More game time for Hanlon, Clancy and KT

3. More experience for Harris and Handling

4. We were the better team

5. No injuries

In summary, I thought we did ok in difficult conditions and on a dreadful pitch.

:flag:

Hibs Class
22-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Concord Rangers won :thumbsup:

Mikey
22-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Thought we were the better team in dire conditions for football. Far better with a 442. Handling played his best game for us especially in the second half.

Another plus is we didn't buy Hayes in the summer. He was rank.

Yep, not so good first half but given how little experience he has he can be forgiven.

TrinityHibs
22-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Haggis and chips from the Alba Dora on the way home was outstanding

hibsbollah
22-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Haggis and chips from the Alba Dora on the way home was outstanding

I think theyve gone a bit downhill.

#FromTheCapital
22-04-2013, 09:13 PM
It wasn't the worst 0-0 game I've seen. Thomson and griffiths both had good games. We were the better team and could of had a few goals

number9dream
22-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Was a dire game, although not the worst Hibs v Aberdeen in recent years.
Thomson used the ball well, Hanlon was composed and Handling had a good 20 mins in second half. Think he should get a go through the middle with Griffiths on Saturday.

hibeedonald
22-04-2013, 09:29 PM
It wasn't the worst 0-0 game I've seen. Thomson and griffiths both had good games. We were the better team and could of had a few goals

Griffiths played poorly than usual. Alot of dodgy final balls. I think its aberdeen that ruined that game, they were so negative, they have had 7 0-0 draws already, they just kill games with their absurd playing style.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-04-2013, 09:29 PM

Absolutely and we have played some really good stuff last couple of games, the emergence of the new golden era has helped a lot, great to see Harris, Handling and Caldwell doing a great job for us.

:aok:

Halifaxhibby
22-04-2013, 09:38 PM
It didn't rain!!!!

Hiber-nation
22-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Its hard to play against such a negative long-ball team like the sheep but we really suffer from a lack of height as well as a lack of creativity.

Not all bad though although if we don't win on Saturday I'll not be very happy....

thekaratekid
22-04-2013, 09:42 PM
There was a lovely sunset tucked between the main stand and FF.

hibIBZ
22-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Thought we were the better team. Tried to play football and win the match on a pretty poor pitch, whereas Aberdeen's style of play was terrible. Quite a few positives to take out of it

Up The Bracket
22-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Clean Sheet

Aberdeen are ***** and never even looked like scoring

Hanlon and Taiwo played very well

Harris and Handling look like they'll both go on to become very good players

Sas_The_Hibby
22-04-2013, 09:47 PM
I think theyve gone a bit downhill.

You Doom and Gloomers, you're all the same! How are the haggis suppers gonnae get any better if us so-called fans don't support them through thick and thin?! :wink::greengrin

Purehibee_MYB
22-04-2013, 09:49 PM
It didn't rain!!!!

Don't wish to bring negativity to the thread but I felt it spitting with rain towards the end :greengrin

Jonnyboy
22-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Positive? Paul Hanlon was outstanding which is bound to disappoint those who reckon he's garbage :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
22-04-2013, 10:37 PM
Positive? Paul Hanlon was outstanding which is bound to disappoint those who reckon he's garbage :wink:

Strolled the game Tonight, very assured performance......

Wee Scottie Dug
22-04-2013, 11:31 PM

Agree , thought it was a toss up between him and taiwo for MOTM, how TT was 'dropped' for the semi is beyond me.

KT & LG were good too but no one matched TT's industry ...... IMO of course ! :cb

theonlywayisup
22-04-2013, 11:47 PM
Agree , thought it was a toss up between him and taiwo for MOTM, how TT was 'dropped' for the semi is beyond me.

KT & LG were good too but no one matched TT's industry ...... IMO of course ! :cb

Totally agree about Taiwo. I feel he has played well in almost all games he has played. Pity he was dropped to make way for Deegan and Robertson in recent weeks.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Back four were good, especially Hanlon. Thomson and Taiwo were also good, some very decent passes from Thomson, keeping it short, simple and sweet. Taiwo the same, and was good at winning possession back. Harris and Handling getting more game time, which is a positive! Thought Griffiths was decnent but was a bit greedy at times.. All in all a decent performance from us imo.

ekhibee
23-04-2013, 12:37 AM
Would echo all the previous comments, particularly with regards to Handling and Harris who look to have a bright future in the game. Can I just add that I am soo glad I don't have to listen to that slavering old fart Craig Brown spouting his usual drivel anymore.

Frazerbob
23-04-2013, 04:34 AM

:greengrin Which has paid for my PM subscriptions for a good few years to come. :wink:

Sergey
23-04-2013, 04:57 AM

Against Kingstonian...that was against the odds.

weonlywon6-2
23-04-2013, 06:21 AM

5. No injuries

In summary, I thought we did ok in difficult conditions and on a dreadful pitch.

and also we restricted Aberdeen to one shot on target (not until 65 minute as well) and their normally creative players were quiet,all on a night where they were trying to impress a new manager.

Not saying i was delighted with a draw but there were a few positives to take from the game ,as above:greengrin

Glesgahibby
23-04-2013, 06:50 AM
Thought Hanlon and Clancy looked to be up to speed with match fitness
Thomson is getting better and better with each game.
Keep these three fit and injury free is key from now untill the final:aok:

marinello59
23-04-2013, 07:02 AM
We had the best two players on the pitch in Thomson and Griffiths by a country mile. Aberdeen didn't just double up on Sparky, they trebled up and he was still managing to come away with the ball.
The young lads played very well indeed, hopefully Caldwell starts the next game as well.
Lewis Stevenson showed just why he was worthy of an extended contract by slotting in to defence and playing a large part in restricting them to only one shot on target.
The tactics may have remained the same but the young lads gave us a bit more buzz so I actually thought we looked more positive than of late.
And if I thought the look on Derek McInnes' face was funny after Langfield's first miskick of the night, the look of sheer disgust after his second was priceless. :greengrin

Saorsa
23-04-2013, 07:44 AM
Positive? Paul Hanlon was outstanding which is bound to disappoint those who reckon he's garbage :wink:Wisnae a great game but he was one of those who stood out. Thought we were worth the 3 points though

The only negative though was we managed tae keep a clean sheet which was disappointing efter the last two games. :rolleyes:

lucky
23-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Positives for me were the defence was solid in particular Hanlon. Stevenson did well but still sometimes tries to hide when he has got the ball by playing the wrong pass too quickly. We had pace on either wing and Thomo and TT were solid in the centre of midfield. But the highlight was when Caldwell came on, as it meant we had 3 teenagers on the pitch for the first time in ages. Hibs have had a good track record in developing our own players and its time we got back to that.

Was that Scott Robertson's family on the pitch at halftime? They must be related as their footballing skills look similar.

Saorsa
23-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Positives for me were the defence was solid in particular Hanlon. Stevenson did well but still sometimes tries to hide when he has got the ball by playing the wrong pass too quickly. We had pace on either wing and Thomo and TT were solid in the centre of midfield. But the highlight was when Caldwell came on, as it meant we had 3 teenagers on the pitch for the first time in ages. Hibs have had a good track record in developing our own players and its time we got back to that.

Was that Scott Robertson's family on the pitch at halftime? They must be related as their footballing skills look similar.:hilarious

JimBHibees
23-04-2013, 08:35 AM

5. No injuries

Agree with that thought Hibs looked better last night and improved performances from McPake, Clancy and Hanlon. Special mention to Kevin Thomson who I thought looked very good and the best player on the pitch. Good that he lasted the 90 also.

matty_f
23-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Think Aberdeen only managed one shot on target. We should/could have scored a couple. Thought we deserved to win but it was a terrible game to watch.

IanM
23-04-2013, 09:10 AM
wasn't a classic but when we did attack we looked dangerous on some occassions.

a quick fix that will make us a better side is keeping the ball at throw-ins, we lose the ball 9/10 times from our own throw-ins. not all Clancy's fault on the right, there was zero movement. has been like that all season, and probably last. im ok with putting the ball down the line but it never does go quite down the line but throwing it back is fine, just retaining posession is key.

overal a slight above average performance given our recent league form, wind and aberdeen shutting up shop

Stringer
23-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Harris needs to shoot when he cuts inside. Also we need to sort out our corners and set pieces before Celtic

Spike Mandela
23-04-2013, 09:56 AM
On the evidence of last night McInnes has a bigger job on his hands than Fenlon to make his team worthy of top six. Aberdeen were poor.

sesoim
23-04-2013, 07:10 PM
2 points out of 12 this season against a superb Aberdeen side. Fantastic stuff!! Who knows, maybe next season we might get 3 out of 12.

Maybe we should give Fenlon a ten year contract just in case any other teams come sniffing.

marinello59
23-04-2013, 07:16 PM
2 points out of 12 this season against a superb Aberdeen side. Fantastic stuff!! Who knows, maybe next season we might get 3 out of 12.

Maybe we should give Fenlon a ten year contract just in case any other teams come sniffing.

There were positives from tonight which is what I guess this thread was for. There are plenty of other threads where you can express your deep contempt for the club probably claim to love.

sesoim
23-04-2013, 07:30 PM
We had the best two players on the pitch in Thomson and Griffiths by a country mile. Aberdeen didn't just double up on Sparky, they trebled up and he was still managing to come away with the ball.
The young lads played very well indeed, hopefully Caldwell starts the next game as well.
Lewis Stevenson showed just why he was worthy of an extended contract by slotting in to defence and playing a large part in restricting them to only one shot on target.
The tactics may have remained the same but the young lads gave us a bit more buzz so I actually thought we looked more positive than of late.
And if I thought the look on Derek McInnes' face was funny after Langfield's first miskick of the night, the look of sheer disgust after his second was priceless. :greengrin

Surely if Aberdeen were putting so many players on Griffiths, there should have been enough room for other players to get in and score? But as usual, the only goal threat we had revolved around Griffiths.

And as for playing more youngsters, bear in mind that the more games we lose/draw, the further we drop down the table. At £80,000+ a league position, can we afford to experiment (or in Fenlon's case, play youngsters to cover up for his failed signings)? Every place we drop means another less player we can afford to sign in the summer.

marinello59
23-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Surely if Aberdeen were putting so many players on Griffiths, there should have been enough room for other players to get in and score? But as usual, the only goal threat we had revolved around Griffiths.

And as for playing more youngsters, bear in mind that the more games we lose/draw, the further we drop down the table. At £80,000+ a league position, can we afford to experiment (or in Fenlon's case, play youngsters to cover up for his failed signings)? Every place we drop means another less player we can afford to sign in the summer.

So basically you are on a thread about positives that could be taken from the match to point out with almost spiteful relish that actually, there are no positives? Well done you. How dare some of us should think otherwise.

Fergus52
23-04-2013, 08:11 PM
So basically you are on a thread about positives that could be taken from the match to point out with almost spiteful relish that actually, there are no positives? Well done you. How dare some of us should think otherwise.

his posts used to piss me off.

Now I usually get a good laugh from them though :tee hee: