PDA

View Full Version : Attendance v Aberdeen (8,326)

IanM
22-04-2013, 10:58 AM
what does everyone think the attendance will be?

The Dunfermline fixture last season with the chance to win a pair of tickets was pretty generous, was quite a big game for the club though.

Should we expect to see the same attendance tonight?

I don't know if you can get bigger but I know hibs are about 7/4 tonight.. might have a few scheckles

Keith_M
22-04-2013, 11:05 AM
OK, here's my guess:

vercol36
22-04-2013, 11:07 AM
OK, here's my guess:

Sounds about right.

WestEndHibee
22-04-2013, 11:10 AM
I think it will be a lot smaller than the Dunfermline game for a few reasons. It is a relatively meaningless game, hibs v Aberdeen is generally a very low scoring game, less people will be looking for cup final tickets than for last years superderbyextravaganza and the final is still over a month away and many people won't be certain on whether they will attend or not.

Gatecrasher
22-04-2013, 11:11 AM
OK, here's my guess:

i think about that as well, MNF! (:rolleyes:)

Viva_Palmeiras
22-04-2013, 11:24 AM
I think it will be a lot smaller than the Dunfermline game for a few reasons. It is a relatively meaningless game, hibs v Aberdeen is generally a very low scoring game, less people will be looking for cup final tickets than for last years superderbyextravaganza and the final is still over a month away and many people won't be certain on whether they will attend or not.

"You're a real up person"

Beefster
22-04-2013, 11:27 AM
If every non-ST holder who has been on here claiming that they should be guaranteed a cup final ticket goes tonight, the crowd will be 17,000 approx.

Onion
22-04-2013, 11:32 AM
what does everyone think the attendance will be?

The Dunfermline fixture last season with the chance to win a pair of tickets was pretty generous, was quite a big game for the club though.

Should we expect to see the same attendance tonight?

I don't know if you can get bigger but I know hibs are about 7/4 tonight.. might have a few scheckles
No, I expect a poor crowd. Meaningless game, there will be plenty tickets for the CF and our chances are poor so less glory hunters.

silverhibee
22-04-2013, 11:33 AM
If every non-ST holder who has been on here claiming that they should be guaranteed a cup final ticket goes tonight, the crowd will be 17,000 approx.

They will be flocking back after hearing Pat will continue with the entertaining 4-5-1 formation.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/i-will-keep-using-4-5-1-formation-says-hibs-pat-fenlon-1-2904484

wearethehibs
22-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Lowest crowd of the season tonight. Not only is it quite a meaningless game, its also on a Monday night and on the telly. I have a ST and was even considering just sacking it after a long days work.

But Ill be there. Hopefully it turns out to be a decent game. Both teams with nothing to lose. Why not just try and win and play some attacking football.

cocopops1875
22-04-2013, 11:40 AM
I know a couple of folk going that wouldn't normally go to a Monday night game due to the cup final ticket offer

silverhibee
22-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Under 6000

Brooster
22-04-2013, 11:51 AM
No, I expect a poor crowd. Meaningless game, there will be plenty tickets for the CF and our chances are poor so less glory hunters.

Im not so sure there will be plenty tickets for the final.

HH81
22-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Under 6000

5999 :confused:

I'm going for 5997 though :greengrin

silverhibee
22-04-2013, 11:53 AM
I know a couple of folk going that wouldn't normally go to a Monday night game due to the cup final ticket offer

And a lot of ST holders know they don't have to turn up tonight as they are sorted for tickets for the final, bad weather tonight could see a very low crowd at ER tonight.

Beefster
22-04-2013, 11:55 AM
They will be flocking back after hearing Pat will continue with the entertaining 4-5-1 formation.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/i-will-keep-using-4-5-1-formation-says-hibs-pat-fenlon-1-2904484

Awesome.

DH1875
22-04-2013, 11:57 AM

There wont be. Think some people are in for a surprise when it comes to cup final tickets.
That said, I think tonights crowd will be poor. Dunfermline last year was a much bigger game and they had 500 pairs of tickets for the draw.

hibs0666
22-04-2013, 12:03 PM

Don't think he actually said that.

The Voice Of Reason
22-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Don't forget, there will be far less Aberdeen fans than normal (Monday night, earlier kick off and live on TV).

I predict a crowd of approx 7000.

flash
22-04-2013, 12:06 PM

Not that he actually says anywhere in the article that we will be playing any particular formation tonight.:rolleyes:

LeighLoyal
22-04-2013, 12:08 PM

If we hadn't beat Falkirk, 6500.

SlickShoes
22-04-2013, 12:13 PM
I have a season ticket but I won't be there, I can't get through from Glasgow in time for it on a Monday night. ***** time to have a football game.

clerriehibs
22-04-2013, 12:15 PM

You think we'll have gaps at the CF then?

JimBHibees
22-04-2013, 12:17 PM

Personally cant argue with any of this.

“People get hung up on formations and tell me we should be playing two up front. Yet we have gone to games and won 4-2 in the cup (at Kilmarnock) with one up front and 4-0 in the league (at Motherwell) with one up front.

“So I will pick and choose the team and the formations the way I think it will benefit the club.”

SaulGoodman
22-04-2013, 12:17 PM

News reporter in taking statement out of context shock.

JimBHibees
22-04-2013, 12:19 PM

I agree cant see anything but a sell out.

Phil MaGlass
22-04-2013, 12:23 PM

that was the first thing I thought about, way to get the fans in Pat?????

silverhibee
22-04-2013, 12:24 PM

“People get hung up on formations and tell me we should be playing two up front. Yet we have gone to games and won 4-2 in the cup (at Kilmarnock) with one up front and 4-0 in the league (at Motherwell) with one up front.

“So I will pick and choose the team and the formations the way I think it will benefit the club.”

2 games out of how many this season, how about the many times we have played the same formation and lost games, he needs to be more attacking at ER.

I wonder who it is that are telling him to play 2 upfront.?

The Sea-gull
22-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Had we lost to Falkirk we would have been looking at a very embarrasing crowd given it is a meaningless game on TV on a Monday night and will be missing the usual level of Dons support so could have been as low as 6 or even 5k.

We didn't lose to Falkirk though so there should be decent appetite for this game all things considered. Still won't get anywhere near the usual away crowd and a few home fans (even STs) may give this one a miss. It may attract a few who can't normally can't make it at weekends and Monday night games are a relative novelty so that might encourage folk. Anybody who goes that doesn't go regularly will only replace the no show regulars at best though, it won't increase the crowd.

All in all if we get 8k then that is reasonable for this sort of game these days. I predict 7842.

JimBHibees
22-04-2013, 12:32 PM
2 games out of how many this season, how about the many times we have played the same formation and lost games, he needs to be more attacking at ER.

Dont disagree we need to be more attacking however more to do with the personnel than having two forwards. He is the manager he should decide the shape. Griffiths up front with say Doyle and Harris wide would be attacking for example.

zlatan
22-04-2013, 12:35 PM

The Killie game we were gifted by some horrendous defending and the Motherwell game was with the assistance of some dreadful refereeing that went in our favour. Not that we were poor those days but we put in much better performances, and scored some great goals, before Christmas with 2 up front.

Renfrew_Hibby
22-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Meaningless game it maybe but i for one am looking forward to it. Having had a season ticket since 94/95 this will be my 3rd last ST match for a while as i'm going to be a daddy in the summer and the footy will be taking a back seat for a wee while. Also looking forward to seeing the East Terrace and my very own piece of it!
What with McInnes in the dugout and hopefully Pat giving a couple of youngsters a run out the football should be it a bit more open. So yeah im up for it.

sbell1875
22-04-2013, 12:39 PM

I'd love to know why you think it is a meaningless game?

JimBHibees
22-04-2013, 12:39 PM
The Killie game we were gifted by some horrendous defending and the Motherwell game was with the assistance of some dreadful refereeing that went in our favour. Not that we were poor those days but we put in much better performances, and scored some great goals, before Christmas with 2 up front.

Agree though we would still have won both games IMO. We also played and were whipped by St Johnstone with 2 up. I think it is difficult to argue we should start with the team that finished the semi given how well we played in that game from half time however we really need to defend better both in terms of the back 4 and also the midfield tracking runners back into the box.

Makaveli
22-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Our group will be one smaller than normal thanks to the KO day/time.

Still... at least it gives the armchair punters something to watch for the half hour before Man U starts, eh?

HH81
22-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Lets hope our resident glory hunters make the game tonight and don't stay at home for their TV team :greengrin

WestEndHibee
22-04-2013, 12:48 PM
"You're a real up person"

Haven't said a single thing there that puts Hibs or anyone down. :confused:

I just pointed out why this attendance will be lower than the Dunfermline one. I don't think a low crowd is a poor reflection of the fans or the club, just that the circumstances surrounding tonight aren't conducive for a big crowd. Do you expect a crowd of 15000 tonight?

pritchie
22-04-2013, 12:54 PM
around 9000 with a poor following from the sheep!

happiehibbie
22-04-2013, 12:54 PM
I think the marketing manager has missed an opertunity,

I would have promised every paying customer a ticket or the chance of a ticket

Example season ticket holders get a ticket dead cert, which leaves lets say 10k so once the season ticket guys get there tickets the people who pay at the gate get pulled out the ballot and allocated a ticket

Hibs are quids in becuase we get a full stadium punters happy they get a ticket

LioNeilMessi
22-04-2013, 12:57 PM
In terms of attendance tonight, I think anyone going as a walk up for the raffle will have a VERY good chance of winning the right to a pair of CF tickets. Unless ST holders are included in the raffle (too lazy to check :greengrin).

I'll be sacking off the revision to go tonight, probably against my better judgement. Meaningless game or not, the players better show up and give the fans a reason (other than CF tickets) to come back to ER this season.

silverhibee
22-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Lets hope our resident glory hunters make the game tonight and don't stay at home for their TV team :greengrin

Heading to London now to get the supporters bus up to Manchester. :wink:

hibbysam
22-04-2013, 01:25 PM
I think the marketing manager has missed an opertunity,

I would have promised every paying customer a ticket or the chance of a ticket

Example season ticket holders get a ticket dead cert, which leaves lets say 10k so once the season ticket guys get there tickets the people who pay at the gate get pulled out the ballot and allocated a ticket

Hibs are quids in becuase we get a full stadium punters happy they get a ticket

1. That is happening tonight... Every paying customer goes into the draw and 100 tickets are up for grabs!
2. there is 8k seasons this season ad probably similar for next season so there is only about 4/5k tickets left plus any unsold season ticket holders tickets!

Keith_M
22-04-2013, 01:37 PM
1. That is happening tonight... Every paying customer goes into the draw and 100 tickets are up for grabs!
2. there is 8k seasons this season ad probably similar for next season so there is only about 4/5k tickets left plus any unsold season ticket holders tickets!

Last year, when there was 500 tickets up for grabs in a single game, it had a big influence on the numbers as most felt they had a good change of being picked. I think that the relatively low numbers of tickets up for grabs this time could make a lot of people think there's no point, as there's a much smaller chance of winning.

JimBHibees
22-04-2013, 01:53 PM

It is a hundred pairs of tickets isnt it?

NOLA
22-04-2013, 01:55 PM
If we get close to 8k then its a good crowd, is this derek mcinnes 1st game in charge of the sheep? Might be more exciting than the last few encounters against paw broons teams

JeMeSouviens
22-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Last year, when there was 500 tickets up for grabs in a single game, it had a big influence on the numbers as most felt they had a good change of being picked. I think that the relatively low numbers of tickets up for grabs this time could make a lot of people think there's no point, as there's a much smaller chance of winning.

It's pairs of tickets. Dunfy was 1000 tix, tonight is 200. Presumably it'll be the same for the last 2 home games.

hibbysam
22-04-2013, 02:26 PM
It's pairs of tickets. Dunfy was 1000 tix, tonight is 200. Presumably it'll be the same for the last 2 home games.

Yeah my bad, I had pairs written down but changed it as I wasn't sure...

The reason for the big crowd at the Dunfermline game was the fact it was a relegation decider that we had to win, added to the ticketing arrangement and hey presto you have a big crowd, tonight it is just a run of the mill monday night league game in howling winds!

Stringer
22-04-2013, 02:34 PM
The last monday night game was v St Johnstone. Crowd was 8,735.

I predict 9,400

mglancy23
22-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Our lowest crowd of the season me thinks

iwasthere1972
22-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Yeah my bad, I had pairs written down but changed it as I wasn't sure...

The reason for the big crowd at the Dunfermline game was the fact it was a relegation decider that we had to win, added to the ticketing arrangement and hey presto you have a big crowd, tonight it is just a run of the mill monday night league game in howling winds!

Yeah my bad. That expression gets on my tits.

lord bunberry
22-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Yeah my bad. That expression gets on my tits.

The expression gets on my tits really rips ma knitting

Aldo
22-04-2013, 02:45 PM

It's ok saying we're gonnae play 4 -5-1 but tbh you ha e to have the personnel to play in a certain way ie have guys that will get up and support LG and u don't think we have the players capable if doing this.

PF has set us up to be hard to beat... Fair enough but we just don't do enough when we have it. We've even struggled to win or draw ugly let alone with style.

iwasthere1972
22-04-2013, 02:45 PM
The expression gets on my tits really rips ma knitting

I could have predicted that. :greengrin

dangermouse
22-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Go watch the cabbage or stay at home for the finale of Broadchurch :hmmm:

:pfgwa for me :greengrin

Brightside
22-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Surely it will be at least the 17000 that want a ticket to the final? I'd hate to think someone is going to come on here next week asking for a final ticket but cant be arsed coming to the game tonight? :flag::na na::flag:

IanM
22-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Surely it will be at least the 17000 that want a ticket to the final? I'd hate to think someone is going to come on here next week asking for a final ticket but cant be arsed coming to the game tonight? :flag::na na::flag:

this

HibeeSince85
22-04-2013, 03:28 PM

Should be the default response to the pleas over the next few weeks. "Did you go to the Aberdeen match?'

Up The Bracket
22-04-2013, 03:29 PM
We have 8k ST's how could we possibly have under 7k there?

9.5k.

Brightside
22-04-2013, 03:32 PM
I do think Hibs a missing a trick tho..should be free entry to u16s tonight. Gets the wee shiyites off the streets for 2 hours! :aok:

Leithenhibby
22-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Under 6000

5999 :confused:

I'm going for 5997 though :greengrin

I'll have a pop at 5088 :wink:

PerfectlyFranck
22-04-2013, 03:36 PM
We have 8k ST's how could we possibly have under 7k there?

9.5k.

I have a season ticket. I won't be there. :wink:
Just because there is 8,000 ST holders, doesn't mean they will be there.

That's how we could possibly have under 7,000. I think it'll be slightly more.
Perhaps even a few hundred more tickets bought, but not in attendance for some reason….

CB_NO3
22-04-2013, 03:37 PM
People thinking 9.5k are in dream land. We hardly get that on a Saturday these days. I say 8000ish. Hope to be proven wrong.

Phil MaGlass
22-04-2013, 03:42 PM

StevesFamau5
22-04-2013, 03:44 PM

I see what you did :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

#FromTheCapital
22-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Monday is the worst night for a game of football. I've just had an extremely heavy weekend on the booze and feel like a piece of ***** now, can't really be arsed going tonight but il be there because I am an uber fan :wink:

Seriously though having this game on a Monday will take 1 - 2k off the attendance figure at least I reckon. Aberdeen usually bring a half decent support to ER but il be amazed if they bring a few hundred tonight.

hibsbollah
22-04-2013, 03:57 PM
I'd love to see compatable stats as to our winning ratio and goal scoring ratio this season with 442 and 451. In contrast to the prevailing view on here, I'd guess we've been doing as well or better with 451 than 442, I recall some shocking performances in a 442 this season. Totally agree with Pat that folk get too hung up on formations..Is anyone seriously saying they're staying away because of pats formation??? What a bunch of purists :greengrin

Also im sure that if Doyles form hadn't gone through the floor in the winter we'd be playing 442 more often.

NOLA
22-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Monday is the worst night for a game of football. I've just had an extremely heavy weekend on the booze and feel like a piece of ***** now, can't really be arsed going tonight but il be there because I am an uber fan :wink:

Seriously though having this game on a Monday will take 1 - 2k off the attendance figure at least I reckon. Aberdeen usually bring a half decent support to ER but il be amazed if they bring a few hundred tonight.

After a busy weekend there's nae cash left for a monday night game of footie, and its on the box, not an uber fan ;)

hibs4thecup1988
22-04-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm working. 2 St downs

Tyler Durden
22-04-2013, 05:39 PM
I'd love to see compatable stats as to our winning ratio and goal scoring ratio this season with 442 and 451. In contrast to the prevailing view on here, I'd guess we've been doing as well or better with 451 than 442, I recall some shocking performances in a 442 this season. Totally agree with Pat that folk get too hung up on formations..Is anyone seriously saying they're staying away because of pats formation??? What a bunch of purists :greengrin

Also im sure that if Doyles form hadn't gone through the floor in the winter we'd be playing 442 more often.

There's nothing wrong with playing 4-5-1. The problem is that usually when we play this formation the tactics involve long hopeful punts to our lone striker with nobody getting close to him to offer any support. Usually with 3 deep central midfielders, none of whom are naturally creative.

At least the 4-4-2 in theory means another body in the final third to occupy the opposition defence.

hibee
22-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Poor crowd expected tonight, 4 or 5 of our group of season ticket holders won't be making it tonight. Don't think we'll be missed by the club as it's all about getting the walk up fans through the gates today.

DH1875
22-04-2013, 07:38 PM
I have a season ticket. I won't be there. :wink:
Just because there is 8,000 ST holders, doesn't mean they will be there.

That's how we could possibly have under 7,000. I think it'll be slightly more.
Perhaps even a few hundred more tickets bought, but not in attendance for some reason….

Another ST holder who's not gone tonight.
Anyone know what the crowd is?

DH1875
22-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Tonight's crowd. I'm guessing if your a walk up fan who went tonight you gotta have a great chance of winning a pair of cup final tickets. Good for them :thumbsup:.

Boyle89
22-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Fingers crossed ;).

hibsbollah
22-04-2013, 08:46 PM
There's nothing wrong with playing 4-5-1. The problem is that usually when we play this formation the tactics involve long hopeful punts to our lone striker with nobody getting close to him to offer any support. Usually with 3 deep central midfielders, none of whom are naturally creative.

At least the 4-4-2 in theory means another body in the final third to occupy the opposition defence.

We do 'hopeful punts to our lone striker' when we're in 442 as well. The formation isnt the problem, the tactics and the execution are.

Beefster
22-04-2013, 08:58 PM

Onion
22-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Tonight's crowd. I'm guessing if your a walk up fan who went tonight you gotta have a great chance of winning a pair of cup final tickets. Good for them :thumbsup:.

Thought it was the chance to buy 2 tickets.. :confused:

Leishy1995
22-04-2013, 09:27 PM

Was that the same last year...

DH1875
22-04-2013, 09:32 PM

Indeed :thumbsup:.

iwasthere1972
22-04-2013, 09:42 PM
I'm guessing from the attendance figure that the number of missing season ticket holders will equate to the number of PATG. Probably somewhere in the region of 1500 maybe 1000. I've got two tickets so the odds of me getting the chance of buying cup final tickets will either be 1 in 5 or 1 in 7.5.

DH1875
22-04-2013, 09:46 PM
I'm guessing from the attendance figure that the number of missing season ticket holders will equate to the number of PATG. Probably somewhere in the region of 1500 maybe 1000. I've got two tickets so the odds of me getting the chance of buying cup final tickets will either be 1 in 5 or 1 in 7.5.

Did you take the Aberdeen fans into account? Reckon you've got better than a 1 in 7 chance :dunno:.

iwasthere1972
22-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Did you take the Aberdeen fans into account? Reckon you've got better than a 1 in 7 chance :dunno:.

Yes accounted for the 300 or so sheep ****gers.

lucky
22-04-2013, 09:56 PM
With such a poor crowd how can anyone complain about not getting a cup final ticket. Hibs averaging less than 10000 but the smellies getting 3 times that is it fair on fans that go to the games that we are getting an equal share of cup final tickets

Boyle89
22-04-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm liking these odds.

Gatecrasher
22-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Poor crowd indeed tonight, I don't think if ever seen Aberdeen with such a small support. This MNF definitely needs to stop next season IMO

Baldy Foghorn
22-04-2013, 10:33 PM
So roughly 10,000 down from Saturday at Hampden..... I really thought there would have been a bigger attendance, with tickets being drawn for the chance to buy Final tickets. Disappointing not to be in 5 figures at least.....

iwasthere1972
22-04-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm liking these odds.

Me too. Fingers crossed. If my two tickets are drawn out the hat then I am going to give one to an overseas fan.

WestEndHibee
22-04-2013, 11:00 PM
First game all season. Really pleased though because I think I should get a couple of cup final tickets from it. I deserve it after watching that tonight. Only goal I saw was RVP's volley I was getting updates and videos of the Man U game sent to me all night.

:flag:

monktonharp
22-04-2013, 11:10 PM
With such a poor crowd how can anyone complain about not getting a cup final ticket. Hibs averaging less than 10000 but the smellies getting 3 times that is it fair on fans that go to the games that we are getting an equal share of cup final ticketsthe OF had the lions share of cup final tickets for years.50/50 is how it should be.if we cant shift 20k, then send the left overs back but cant see that happening, ever from Hibernian's point of view.

lord bunberry
23-04-2013, 03:40 AM
With such a poor crowd how can anyone complain about not getting a cup final ticket. Hibs averaging less than 10000 but the smellies getting 3 times that is it fair on fans that go to the games that we are getting an equal share of cup final tickets

Celtic aren't at home though so it's irrelevant how many fans they get at parkhead

I'm_cabbaged
23-04-2013, 04:34 AM
First game all season. Really pleased though because I think I should get a couple of cup final tickets from it. I deserve it after watching that tonight. Only goal I saw was RVP's volley I was getting updates and videos of the Man U game sent to me all night.

:flag:

Can't wait to see some of the bites on this one! :)

Tyler Durden
23-04-2013, 06:06 AM
We do 'hopeful punts to our lone striker' when we're in 442 as well. The formation isnt the problem, the tactics and the execution are.

Couldn't agree more

marinello59
23-04-2013, 06:24 AM
So roughly 10,000 down from Saturday at Hampden..... I really thought there would have been a bigger attendance, with tickets being drawn for the chance to buy Final tickets. Disappointing not to be in 5 figures at least.....

There were a lot of regulars near me that had obviously come straight from work as they were still in their work clothes. It may only have been 15 minutes earlier but that kick off time probably meant quite a few more fans than usual could not make it. Given that the match itself had little meaning perhaps we should be gratefull that the crowd wasnt even lower, I was predicting about 7000 myself beforehand.

lucky
23-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Celtic aren't at home though so it's irrelevant how many fans they get at parkhead

Your missing my point, we have many threads on here about uber fans, ST holders and walk up supporters. Last nights crowd was shocking considering how many on here have been bleating about getting a cup final ticket. Imagine how the smellies ST holders feel. They have around 30000 ST holders yet get the same cup final tickets as us. A lot of fans that go every week are going to lose out. But because they are losing out to occasional Hibs fans, then you are saying that's ok.

Saorsa
23-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Your missing my point, we have many threads on here about uber fans, ST holders and walk up supporters. Last nights crowd was shocking considering how many on here have been bleating about getting a cup final ticket. Imagine how the smellies ST holders feel. They have around 30000 ST holders yet get the same cup final tickets as us. A lot of fans that go every week are going to lose out. But because they are losing out to occasional Hibs fans, then you are saying that's ok.Couldnae give a toss about smeltic fans TBH but I agree with you about last nights crowd, poor indeed considering the number of people greeting about cup final tickets, particularly when you consider there was a chance of getting priority for tickets by attending this game but that it would seem isnae enough tae get some folk out supporting the team. All those people who couldnae be ersed last night will stil be wanting tickets though nae doubt.

lord bunberry
23-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Your missing my point, we have many threads on here about uber fans, ST holders and walk up supporters. Last nights crowd was shocking considering how many on here have been bleating about getting a cup final ticket. Imagine how the smellies ST holders feel. They have around 30000 ST holders yet get the same cup final tickets as us. A lot of fans that go every week are going to lose out. But because they are losing out to occasional Hibs fans, then you are saying that's ok.

I'm not missing the point, the game is being played at a neutral venue. I think most people would agree that having a bigger crowd in the stadium gives teams an advantage, so why should celtic be given an unfair advantage because they have a bigger support than us. Hibs can sell their half of the allocation to whoever they like even if that means people who have never been to easter road this season. I do agree though that it was disappointing that more people didn't turn up last night with the chance of a cup final ticket up for grabs but its their loss if they don't get a ticket for hampden

gegs70
23-04-2013, 08:40 AM
I ws working too so that was another 2 season tickets down.

WestEndHibee
23-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Can't wait to see some of the bites on this one! :)

:fishin:

no luck

Onion
23-04-2013, 09:12 AM
Poor crowd indeed tonight, I don't think if ever seen Aberdeen with such a small support. This MNF definitely needs to stop next season IMO

Think last nights game and atmosphere will kill MNF off at last. Would love to see the viewing figures for that match after say 70 mins.

Onion
23-04-2013, 09:16 AM

The fact that so few attended is proof enough that Hibs fans will not be scrambling/panicking for a CF ticket. Those that so go to the CF will be the cream of the crop, as lots of Hibbies will prefer to watch from behind their sofas.

#FromTheCapital
23-04-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm actually surprised we got that many for a monday night game, was expecting about 7k. There should be a rule in place that if the 2 teams are more than a couple of hours travelling distance away from each other then they can't play on a weeknight, it's an absolute farce

silverhibee
23-04-2013, 10:03 AM
There were a lot of regulars near me that had obviously come straight from work as they were still in their work clothes. It may only have been 15 minutes earlier but that kick off time probably meant quite a few more fans than usual could not make it. Given that the match itself had little meaning perhaps we should be gratefull that the crowd wasnt even lower, I was predicting about 7000 myself beforehand.

I was listening to McCinnes on the radio before the game and he was saying that he had told his players they were playing for there future at Aberdeen for next season, so i expected there players to be even up a bit for the game, they never turned up at all, they were tom kite, our players have a cup final to play in at the end of the season and should have been showing PF that they want a place in the team, they were just a bit better than the Dons but couldn't get a goal, it was grim viewing, 8000+ was a decent crowd but it should have been more with the incentive of walk-ups getting the chance to go in to a raffle for SC tickets.

We should have taken the 3 points last night, there just didn't seem any urgency to get these 3 points.

Onion
23-04-2013, 10:14 AM
I was listening to McCinnes on the radio before the game and he was saying that he had told his players they were playing for there future at Aberdeen for next season, so i expected there players to be even up a bit for the game, they never turned up at all, they were tom kite, our players have a cup final to play in at the end of the season and should have been showing PF that they want a place in the team, they were just a bit better than the Dons but couldn't get a goal, it was grim viewing, 8000+ was a decent crowd but it should have been more with the incentive of walk-ups getting the chance to go in to a raffle for SC tickets.

We should have taken the 3 points last night, there just didn't seem any urgency to get these 3 points.

Agreed. Aberdeen looked like the game meant something to them, and it was all down to the new manager. They pressed and harried Hibs in the first half with some success. But overall they were rubbish, especially up front. On the other hand, you can forgive Hibs players for not lunging into tackles or breaking a leg to win. More important to keep fit, work on game plan and build confidence. Crap performance, luring Celtic into false sense of security. Fenlon will unleash them on the 26th ;)

pritchie
23-04-2013, 10:45 AM
How many walk ups do u think there were? maybe between 6 and 700? surely have a decent chance of cup final tickets if you were a walk up

silverhibee
23-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Couldnae give a toss about smeltic fans TBH but I agree with you about last nights crowd, poor indeed considering the number of people greeting about cup final tickets, particularly when you consider there was a chance of getting priority for tickets by attending this game but that it would seem isnae enough tae get some folk out supporting the team. All those people who couldnae be ersed last night will stil be wanting tickets though nae doubt.

Think my £10 concession investment may be very rewarding in getting a pair of tickets for the final.

Need 2 for the pole dancers this year. :wink: :greengrin

Leishy1995
23-04-2013, 01:09 PM
For the people who knew I was after tickets, I was there with two family members also walking up. Not saying they deserve much tickets for appearing once or twice, but I stuck to my word in trying for tickets.

The attendance was poor

marinello59
23-04-2013, 01:21 PM
For the people who knew I was after tickets, I was there with two family members also walking up. Not saying they deserve much tickets for appearing once or twice, but I stuck to my word in trying for tickets.

The attendance was poor

Of course they do. The club announced another way that people could possibly obtain a CF ticket. Anybody who went along to support the club last night and try their luck are certainly deserving.

Borderhibbie76
23-04-2013, 03:14 PM
And those same people who will moan about not getting a cup final ticket will be the ones who are constantly on here with negative rants about team, club, chairman, manager etc etc!! Far too many "internet fans" these days!!

PatHead
23-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Hope they don't do the same for Saturday v St Mirren. Anyone who didn't make an effort last night and sat in watching it on telly has no right to go to the final. Should just go to a public sale and they can queue up all night if they want a ticket. Don't see why these guys should get same priority as season ticket holders.

JimBHibees
23-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Hope they don't do the same for Saturday v St Mirren. Anyone who didn't make an effort last night and sat in watching it on telly has no right to go to the final. Should just go to a public sale and they can queue up all night if they want a ticket. Don't see why these guys should get same priority as season ticket holders.

200 pairs available for Saturday.