PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thomson

DH1875
22-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Dundee Utd are after him. Jackie MaCnamara at tonight's game watching him.

CallumLaidlaw
22-04-2013, 07:44 PM
If he doesn't stay with us I think the only scottish clubs he'd go to would be the old firm.

Aldo
22-04-2013, 07:44 PM

They can watch but I doubt they can afford him!!

DH1875
22-04-2013, 08:02 PM

He must think they have a chance if he's rocked up himself. It's not like they play us or the sheep again this season.

Aldo
22-04-2013, 08:04 PM
He must think they have a chance if he's rocked up himself. It's not like they play us or the sheep again this season.

I would say that they would have to pay the majority of their player budget just to sign him.

Mister P
22-04-2013, 08:06 PM
why him? could it not be someone else they're watching?

Squealing pig
22-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Hanlon hopefully

Aldo
22-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Hanlon hopefully

Yeah yeah. Best player for us the nite closely followed by tommo

DH1875
22-04-2013, 08:18 PM
why him? could it not be someone else they're watching?

Because according to Chick Chico Young it's Thomson their after.

hibee_nation
22-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Hanlon hopefully

Aye cos he was a right bombscare tonight right enough. :rolleyes:

Heisenberg
22-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Thomson gets the chance of us or united he'll pick Hibs. No doubt about it IMO.

DH1875
22-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Thomson gets the chance of us or united he'll pick Hibs. No doubt about it IMO.

Their talking about him on the radio the now as Thomson got man of the match. Utd are defo after him and no one has said that he wont go there. They all think Jackie :rolleyes: will have been impressed.

Wotherspiniesta
22-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Hanlon hopefully

Silly.

Hanlon was solid tonight.

Boyle89
22-04-2013, 08:34 PM
They have a possible 200k bill to pay. Unless they sell Russell of GMS they won't come close to gettin Thomson. Also hanlon never put a foot wrong tonight.

BarneyBreslin
22-04-2013, 08:34 PM

That's how I saw it too.

Pretty Boy
22-04-2013, 08:36 PM
That's how I saw it too.

And me.

offshorehibby
22-04-2013, 08:38 PM
They're skintere than a big skint thing on skint day and it's been reported on .net in the last couple of days that Unt are after Thompson, Higdon and god knows who else and poor Hibs are doing nothing.

Squealing pig
22-04-2013, 08:39 PM

The sooner we all realize hanlon is pash the better.
Not a footballer in there.

Westie1875
22-04-2013, 08:43 PM
If Thomo had a choice between us and the Arabs for next year I think we all know who he would choose, their only chance of getting him is if we and others are not interested which I think is unlikely.

keep the faith
22-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Thommo was our best player tonight. Should try and build a team around him next season.

sesoim
22-04-2013, 08:46 PM

That's not really saying alot, is it?

God Petrie
22-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Hahahaha good luck Dundee utd.

Pretty Boy
22-04-2013, 08:52 PM

Absolute nonsense.

I've been Hanlons biggest critic in the past but he's veen our best defender this season by a country mile.

1875Hibees
22-04-2013, 08:56 PM
No chance he will go there. We pay more and are a much bigger club.

ggth
22-04-2013, 08:59 PM

I would take KT over any other midfield player we currently have.
that is what we have been missing all season, someone who can pass forward
KT's best game yet for us

Squealing pig
22-04-2013, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=Pretty Boy;3575543]Absolute nonsense.

I've been Hanlons biggest critic in the past but he's veen our best defender this season by a country mile.[/

Scary hing is u are right

#FromTheCapital
22-04-2013, 09:07 PM
What a load of pish. Why would Kevin Thomson sign for Dundee utd? We pay more and he has a connection to the club. Fwiw I don't think he'll stay with us either but he will sign for a much bigger team than Dundee utd.

Andy74
22-04-2013, 09:14 PM
What a load of pish. Why would Kevin Thomson sign for Dundee utd? We pay more and he has a connection to the club. Fwiw I don't think he'll stay with us either but he will sign for a much bigger team than Dundee utd.

That depends. We might want Claros and Robertson and Taiwo are under contract. Hibs might think for top end wages we need to fund other parts of the team. If we don't offer him a deal at what he expects then Utd might.

carnoustiehibee
22-04-2013, 09:19 PM

Exactly, utd are totally skint. There is no way he will end up there.

EdinMike
22-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Hanlon hopefully

...In my opinion Hanlon has become more composed than McPake as of recent. Dundee Utd may have a fairly large chunk to pay for what's his face soon as well. If so their budget will be gone for next season.

The_Horde
22-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Why on earth would jackie mac need to go to Easter Road to watch KT?

1. It's not as if he's an unknown entity

2. The game was on ESPN

rcarter1
22-04-2013, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE='Slenj.=];3575610']Why on earth would jackie mac need to go to Easter Road to watch KT?/QUOTE]

1. Hes forgotten that Dundee United lost their semifinal

2. Carrying out some spy work for Lennon

3. He's a closet Hibee..

#FromTheCapital
22-04-2013, 09:31 PM
That depends. We might want Claros and Robertson and Taiwo are under contract. Hibs might think for top end wages we need to fund other parts of the team. If we don't offer him a deal at what he expects then Utd might.

I think Thomson would expect more than the 1k a week that utd would offer him. No way that they will outbid us for a player of Thomson's standard.

Up The Bracket
22-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Aye, and Hibs watched Lionel Messi.

Brightside
22-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Hanlon hopefully

Really? I do wonder if people actually watch the game now. Our best defender by a mile and a must keep.

HibernianJK
22-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Mcpake and Hanlon men of the match for me today, both looked much improved. Closely followed by Thomson with the rest lagging a fair way behind tonight.

Broken Gnome
22-04-2013, 09:40 PM

Number one in the list of thoroughly ***** message board cliches. And complete nonsense.

DH1875
22-04-2013, 09:41 PM
I think Thomson would expect more than the 1k a week that utd would offer him. No way that they will outbid us for a player of Thomson's standard.

I think you and around 90% of this thread are missing the point. They might not outbid us but what if we're not going to offer him anything? 1K OR 2K a week is a lot more than nothing.

DH1875
22-04-2013, 09:43 PM
;3575610']Why on earth would jackie mac need to go to Easter Road to watch KT?

1. It's not as if he's an unknown entity

2. The game was on ESPN

I'd like to think that if Pat were after a player he'd go take a look at him rather than watch the game on ESPN.

#FromTheCapital
22-04-2013, 09:48 PM
I think you and around 90% of this thread are missing the point. They might not outbid us but what if we're not going to offer him anything? 1K OR 2K a week is a lot more than nothing.

I think your actually missing the point. Hibs might not offer him anything, but better teams than Dundee utd will be in for him. Jeez. He is a much higher standard than us and utd it really doesn't take a genius to work that out.

The_Horde
22-04-2013, 09:50 PM
I'd like to think that if Pat were after a player he'd go take a look at him rather than watch the game on ESPN.

Still doesn't answer the question of why he'd even bother though. He must have seen KT play a million times before.

mentalhibee
22-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Hanlon hopefully

Clown....hanlon was motm tonight and has been our best defender all season,

DH1875
22-04-2013, 10:10 PM
;3575653']Still doesn't answer the question of why he'd even bother though. He must have seen KT play a million times before.

Why would he have? especially in the last year or two?

Whether they can afford KT or not, MaCnamara and Darren Jackson were at the game and the player they were watching WAS KT.

The Harp Awakes
22-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Clown....hanlon was motm tonight and has been our best defender all season,

Correct. Hanlon never put a foot wrong. Also thought Taiwo played well and Thomson.

Aldo
23-04-2013, 06:24 AM

Not missing the point mate. KT is better than Utd and put it this way if he stays in Scotland it will be with US.... If he doesn't then it's down south or elsewhere. We had no budget for him so he plays for free!! It's a win win... We get an excellent player and he gets fit and in shop window.

Sorry but he won't be going to Utd... And yes they can watch him and others.

Winston Ingram
23-04-2013, 06:56 AM
Cannae believe they're after him when they have the creativity of John Rankin!

Dundee Utd's budget is getting slashed again this year which is why Houston left. KT & his agent believe at 28, he has 1 big payday left which suggests McNamara is wasting his time:agree:

Brightside
23-04-2013, 07:04 AM
Cannae believe they're after him when they have the creativity of John Rankin!

Dundee Utd's budget is getting slashed again this year which is why Houston left. KT & his agent believe at 28, he has 1 big payday left which suggests McNamara is wasting his time:agree:
If we can afford 2k a week for him we should sign him up. Great player, and captain of a football team. He runs the team on the park, and according to reports is a great influence on the training ground. Give him a two year deal.

SMAXXA
23-04-2013, 07:42 AM
Wont be going to UTD. As for Hanlon, thought he had a good game from what I seen last night (2nd half). Still needs to improve a lot though, thought he was terrible in the cup semi, caught flat footed by Taylor a few times and diving into challenges. That said he's been okay this season, id say McGivern has been our best defender not Hanlon.

Saorsa
23-04-2013, 07:48 AM
Hanlon hopefully

Not a footballer in there.:rolleyes:

:faf:

hibs4thecup1988
23-04-2013, 08:42 AM
:rolleyes:

:faf:

:agree:

With a username with "deegan" in it...it is a wonder he has the cheek to slag any player!

Saorsa
23-04-2013, 08:44 AM
:agree:

With a username with "deegan" in it...it is a wonder he has the cheek to slag any player!:agree:

JimBHibees
23-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Thought Thomson was excellent and really hope we keep him fit for the rest of the season. Personally thought the team had a better balance about it last night. Really hope we keep KT as staying fit he would undoubtedly improve the team.

Hainan Hibs
23-04-2013, 08:50 AM
I wouldn't be so quick to rule out a UTD move for KT, a mummy salary may be able to swing a deal in their favour:agree:

green glory
23-04-2013, 09:13 AM
I wouldn't be so quick to rule out a UTD move for KT, a mummy salary may be able to swing a deal in their favour:agree:

What's a 'mummy salary'? Sounds sexual.

Onion
23-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Thommo was our best player tonight. Should try and build a team around him next season.

Just shows you, couldn't believe KT was named MOTM. Far too defensive in his play and always looking to lay the ball off to a defender just to lump it forward. Hanlon was best on show.

weonlywon6-2
23-04-2013, 09:36 AM

yep,they are skint.The money they have to pay that Italian club is it is killing them according to the press.

Hes ours and he will hopefully go nowhere

Aldo
23-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Just shows you, couldn't believe KT was named MOTM. Far too defensive in his play and always looking to lay the ball off to a defender just to lump it forward. Hanlon was best on show.

What game did you watch. Tommo was very good last nite... He played the simple ball on a number of occasions and to Stevenson who was available. Got forward had a few shots and made the necessary tackles.

Made a few good forward passes and tbh was never in the back foot. Does every pass have to be a World Cup pass... No. You also have to remember that Tommo and Taiwo were up against 3 in the middle and totally bossed the MF in the 2nd half.

If we cannot keep LG then Tommo should be the next priority. I fear however he will be away.

The fitter he gets (match) the better we will see. On his game KT has the ability to be the best MF player in Scotland. My opinion mind!!

SunshineOnLeith
23-04-2013, 09:56 AM
;3575653']Still doesn't answer the question of why he'd even bother though. He must have seen KT play a million times before.

Football fan in attending football match shocker.

Onion
23-04-2013, 10:06 AM
What game did you watch. Tommo was very good last nite... He played the simple ball on a number of occasions and to Stevenson who was available. Got forward had a few shots and made the necessary tackles.

Made a few good forward passes and tbh was never in the back foot. Does every pass have to be a World Cup pass... No. You also have to remember that Tommo and Taiwo were up against 3 in the middle and totally bossed the MF in the 2nd half.

If we cannot keep LG then Tommo should be the next priority. I fear however he will be away.

The fitter he gets (match) the better we will see. On his game KT has the ability to be the best MF player in Scotland. My opinion mind!!

Obviously a different game to you :) I like KT and with the right players around him is quality. Last nights game was truly dire and to give MOTM to a midfielder was plain nuts.

Peevemor
23-04-2013, 10:16 AM
Obviously a different game to you :) I like KT and with the right players around him is quality. Last nights game was truly dire and to give MOTM to a midfielder was plain nuts.

It used to be the case (and I'd imagine it still is) that the sponsors' man of the match is put to a vote in the executive boxes, where there are a lot of people who 1. rarely if ever attend matches, 2. have enjoyed a bit too much hospitality or 3. a combination of 1 & 2.

Not an award to be taken seriously or analysed.

The_Horde
23-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Football fan in attending football match shocker.

Exactly my point. Just because he was there means he was watching a player?

Treadstone
23-04-2013, 10:35 AM
It used to be the case (and I'd imagine it still is) that the sponsors' man of the match is put to a vote in the executive boxes, where there are a lot of people who 1. rarely if ever attend matches, 2. have enjoyed a bit too much hospitality or 3. a combination of 1 & 2.

Not an award to be taken seriously or analysed.

I will add to that in the fact that as players usually collect them in person, it is usually a player they want to meet ,shake hands with and get a photo. Sauzee was usually a default choice in this regard. I joke that Mixu needed the hat-trick goal to get MoTM in the 6-2 game.

Aldo
23-04-2013, 11:11 AM

Agreed re motm... Hanlon for me.