View Full Version : Kevin Thomson

22-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Dundee Utd are after him. Jackie MaCnamara at tonight's game watching him.

22-04-2013, 07:44 PM
If he doesn't stay with us I think the only scottish clubs he'd go to would be the old firm.

22-04-2013, 07:44 PM

They can watch but I doubt they can afford him!!

22-04-2013, 08:02 PM

He must think they have a chance if he's rocked up himself. It's not like they play us or the sheep again this season.

22-04-2013, 08:04 PM
He must think they have a chance if he's rocked up himself. It's not like they play us or the sheep again this season.

I would say that they would have to pay the majority of their player budget just to sign him.

Mister P
22-04-2013, 08:06 PM
why him? could it not be someone else they're watching?

22-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Hanlon hopefully

22-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Hanlon hopefully

Yeah yeah. Best player for us the nite closely followed by tommo

22-04-2013, 08:18 PM
why him? could it not be someone else they're watching?

Because according to Chick Chico Young it's Thomson their after.

22-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Hanlon hopefully

Aye cos he was a right bombscare tonight right enough. :rolleyes:

22-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Thomson gets the chance of us or united he'll pick Hibs. No doubt about it IMO.

22-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Thomson gets the chance of us or united he'll pick Hibs. No doubt about it IMO.

Their talking about him on the radio the now as Thomson got man of the match. Utd are defo after him and no one has said that he wont go there. They all think Jackie :rolleyes: will have been impressed.

22-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Hanlon hopefully

Silly.

Hanlon was solid tonight.

22-04-2013, 08:34 PM
They have a possible 200k bill to pay. Unless they sell Russell of GMS they won't come close to gettin Thomson. Also hanlon never put a foot wrong tonight.

BarneyBreslin
22-04-2013, 08:34 PM

That's how I saw it too.

22-04-2013, 08:36 PM
That's how I saw it too.

And me.

22-04-2013, 08:38 PM
They're skintere than a big skint thing on skint day and it's been reported on .net in the last couple of days that Unt are after Thompson, Higdon and god knows who else and poor Hibs are doing nothing.

22-04-2013, 08:39 PM

The sooner we all realize hanlon is pash the better.
Not a footballer in there.

22-04-2013, 08:43 PM
If Thomo had a choice between us and the Arabs for next year I think we all know who he would choose, their only chance of getting him is if we and others are not interested which I think is unlikely.

22-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Thommo was our best player tonight. Should try and build a team around him next season.

22-04-2013, 08:46 PM

That's not really saying alot, is it?

22-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Hahahaha good luck Dundee utd.

22-04-2013, 08:52 PM

Absolute nonsense.

I've been Hanlons biggest critic in the past but he's veen our best defender this season by a country mile.

1875Hibees
22-04-2013, 08:56 PM
No chance he will go there. We pay more and are a much bigger club.

ggth
22-04-2013, 08:59 PM

I would take KT over any other midfield player we currently have.
that is what we have been missing all season, someone who can pass forward
KT's best game yet for us

22-04-2013, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=Pretty Boy;3575543]Absolute nonsense.

I've been Hanlons biggest critic in the past but he's veen our best defender this season by a country mile.[/

Scary hing is u are right

22-04-2013, 09:07 PM
What a load of pish. Why would Kevin Thomson sign for Dundee utd? We pay more and he has a connection to the club. Fwiw I don't think he'll stay with us either but he will sign for a much bigger team than Dundee utd.

22-04-2013, 09:14 PM
What a load of pish. Why would Kevin Thomson sign for Dundee utd? We pay more and he has a connection to the club. Fwiw I don't think he'll stay with us either but he will sign for a much bigger team than Dundee utd.

That depends. We might want Claros and Robertson and Taiwo are under contract. Hibs might think for top end wages we need to fund other parts of the team. If we don't offer him a deal at what he expects then Utd might.

carnoustiehibee
22-04-2013, 09:19 PM

Exactly, utd are totally skint. There is no way he will end up there.

22-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Hanlon hopefully

...In my opinion Hanlon has become more composed than McPake as of recent. Dundee Utd may have a fairly large chunk to pay for what's his face soon as well. If so their budget will be gone for next season.

22-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Why on earth would jackie mac need to go to Easter Road to watch KT?

1. It's not as if he's an unknown entity

2. The game was on ESPN

22-04-2013, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE='Slenj.=];3575610']Why on earth would jackie mac need to go to Easter Road to watch KT?/QUOTE]

1. Hes forgotten that Dundee United lost their semifinal

2. Carrying out some spy work for Lennon

3. He's a closet Hibee..

22-04-2013, 09:31 PM
That depends. We might want Claros and Robertson and Taiwo are under contract. Hibs might think for top end wages we need to fund other parts of the team. If we don't offer him a deal at what he expects then Utd might.

I think Thomson would expect more than the 1k a week that utd would offer him. No way that they will outbid us for a player of Thomson's standard.

Up The Bracket
22-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Aye, and Hibs watched Lionel Messi.

22-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Hanlon hopefully

Really? I do wonder if people actually watch the game now. Our best defender by a mile and a must keep.

HibernianJK
22-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Mcpake and Hanlon men of the match for me today, both looked much improved. Closely followed by Thomson with the rest lagging a fair way behind tonight.

22-04-2013, 09:40 PM

Number one in the list of thoroughly ***** message board cliches. And complete nonsense.

22-04-2013, 09:41 PM
I think Thomson would expect more than the 1k a week that utd would offer him. No way that they will outbid us for a player of Thomson's standard.

I think you and around 90% of this thread are missing the point. They might not outbid us but what if we're not going to offer him anything? 1K OR 2K a week is a lot more than nothing.

22-04-2013, 09:43 PM
;3575610']Why on earth would jackie mac need to go to Easter Road to watch KT?

1. It's not as if he's an unknown entity

2. The game was on ESPN

I'd like to think that if Pat were after a player he'd go take a look at him rather than watch the game on ESPN.

22-04-2013, 09:48 PM
I think you and around 90% of this thread are missing the point. They might not outbid us but what if we're not going to offer him anything? 1K OR 2K a week is a lot more than nothing.

I think your actually missing the point. Hibs might not offer him anything, but better teams than Dundee utd will be in for him. Jeez. He is a much higher standard than us and utd it really doesn't take a genius to work that out.

22-04-2013, 09:50 PM
I'd like to think that if Pat were after a player he'd go take a look at him rather than watch the game on ESPN.

Still doesn't answer the question of why he'd even bother though. He must have seen KT play a million times before.

mentalhibee
22-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Hanlon hopefully

Clown....hanlon was motm tonight and has been our best defender all season,

22-04-2013, 10:10 PM
;3575653']Still doesn't answer the question of why he'd even bother though. He must have seen KT play a million times before.

Why would he have? especially in the last year or two?

Whether they can afford KT or not, MaCnamara and Darren Jackson were at the game and the player they were watching WAS KT.

22-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Clown....hanlon was motm tonight and has been our best defender all season,

Correct. Hanlon never put a foot wrong. Also thought Taiwo played well and Thomson.

23-04-2013, 06:24 AM

Not missing the point mate. KT is better than Utd and put it this way if he stays in Scotland it will be with US.... If he doesn't then it's down south or elsewhere. We had no budget for him so he plays for free!! It's a win win... We get an excellent player and he gets fit and in shop window.

Sorry but he won't be going to Utd... And yes they can watch him and others.

23-04-2013, 06:56 AM
Cannae believe they're after him when they have the creativity of John Rankin!

Dundee Utd's budget is getting slashed again this year which is why Houston left. KT & his agent believe at 28, he has 1 big payday left which suggests McNamara is wasting his time:agree:

23-04-2013, 07:04 AM
Cannae believe they're after him when they have the creativity of John Rankin!

Dundee Utd's budget is getting slashed again this year which is why Houston left. KT & his agent believe at 28, he has 1 big payday left which suggests McNamara is wasting his time:agree:
If we can afford 2k a week for him we should sign him up. Great player, and captain of a football team. He runs the team on the park, and according to reports is a great influence on the training ground. Give him a two year deal.

23-04-2013, 07:42 AM
Wont be going to UTD. As for Hanlon, thought he had a good game from what I seen last night (2nd half). Still needs to improve a lot though, thought he was terrible in the cup semi, caught flat footed by Taylor a few times and diving into challenges. That said he's been okay this season, id say McGivern has been our best defender not Hanlon.

23-04-2013, 07:48 AM
Hanlon hopefully

Not a footballer in there.:rolleyes:

hibs4thecup1988
23-04-2013, 08:42 AM

With a username with "deegan" in it...it is a wonder he has the cheek to slag any player!

23-04-2013, 08:44 AM

With a username with "deegan" in it...it is a wonder he has the cheek to slag any player!:agree:

23-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Thought Thomson was excellent and really hope we keep him fit for the rest of the season. Personally thought the team had a better balance about it last night. Really hope we keep KT as staying fit he would undoubtedly improve the team.

23-04-2013, 08:50 AM
I wouldn't be so quick to rule out a UTD move for KT, a mummy salary may be able to swing a deal in their favour:agree:

green glory
23-04-2013, 09:13 AM
I wouldn't be so quick to rule out a UTD move for KT, a mummy salary may be able to swing a deal in their favour:agree:

What's a 'mummy salary'? Sounds sexual.

23-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Thommo was our best player tonight. Should try and build a team around him next season.

Just shows you, couldn't believe KT was named MOTM. Far too defensive in his play and always looking to lay the ball off to a defender just to lump it forward. Hanlon was best on show.

23-04-2013, 09:36 AM

yep,they are skint.The money they have to pay that Italian club is it is killing them according to the press.

Hes ours and he will hopefully go nowhere

23-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Just shows you, couldn't believe KT was named MOTM. Far too defensive in his play and always looking to lay the ball off to a defender just to lump it forward. Hanlon was best on show.

What game did you watch. Tommo was very good last nite... He played the simple ball on a number of occasions and to Stevenson who was available. Got forward had a few shots and made the necessary tackles.

Made a few good forward passes and tbh was never in the back foot. Does every pass have to be a World Cup pass... No. You also have to remember that Tommo and Taiwo were up against 3 in the middle and totally bossed the MF in the 2nd half.

If we cannot keep LG then Tommo should be the next priority. I fear however he will be away.

The fitter he gets (match) the better we will see. On his game KT has the ability to be the best MF player in Scotland. My opinion mind!!

23-04-2013, 09:56 AM
;3575653']Still doesn't answer the question of why he'd even bother though. He must have seen KT play a million times before.

Football fan in attending football match shocker.

23-04-2013, 10:06 AM
What game did you watch. Tommo was very good last nite... He played the simple ball on a number of occasions and to Stevenson who was available. Got forward had a few shots and made the necessary tackles.

Made a few good forward passes and tbh was never in the back foot. Does every pass have to be a World Cup pass... No. You also have to remember that Tommo and Taiwo were up against 3 in the middle and totally bossed the MF in the 2nd half.

If we cannot keep LG then Tommo should be the next priority. I fear however he will be away.

The fitter he gets (match) the better we will see. On his game KT has the ability to be the best MF player in Scotland. My opinion mind!!

Obviously a different game to you :) I like KT and with the right players around him is quality. Last nights game was truly dire and to give MOTM to a midfielder was plain nuts.

23-04-2013, 10:16 AM
Obviously a different game to you :) I like KT and with the right players around him is quality. Last nights game was truly dire and to give MOTM to a midfielder was plain nuts.

It used to be the case (and I'd imagine it still is) that the sponsors' man of the match is put to a vote in the executive boxes, where there are a lot of people who 1. rarely if ever attend matches, 2. have enjoyed a bit too much hospitality or 3. a combination of 1 & 2.

Not an award to be taken seriously or analysed.

23-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Football fan in attending football match shocker.

Exactly my point. Just because he was there means he was watching a player?

23-04-2013, 10:35 AM
It used to be the case (and I'd imagine it still is) that the sponsors' man of the match is put to a vote in the executive boxes, where there are a lot of people who 1. rarely if ever attend matches, 2. have enjoyed a bit too much hospitality or 3. a combination of 1 & 2.

Not an award to be taken seriously or analysed.

I will add to that in the fact that as players usually collect them in person, it is usually a player they want to meet ,shake hands with and get a photo. Sauzee was usually a default choice in this regard. I joke that Mixu needed the hat-trick goal to get MoTM in the 6-2 game.

23-04-2013, 11:11 AM

Agreed re motm... Hanlon for me.