PDA

View Full Version : Paul Kano Kane

Hibs History
22-04-2013, 12:56 PM
The Hibs Historical Trust has a new player profile online

Featuring Paul Kane

Link (http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/player-profiles/item/148-paul-kane)

GGTTH

:flag:

Please post your memories of Kano below

neilmartinrocks
22-04-2013, 01:00 PM
The Hibs Historical Trust has a new player profile online

Featuring Paul Kane

Link (http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/player-profiles/item/148-paul-kane)

GGTTH

:flag:

Please post your memories of Kano below

The Perth Hibs supporters are ( or were ) called The Perth Paul Kano's

Stevie Reid
22-04-2013, 01:02 PM
I remember him being transformed from a player struggling to find a true position to a revelation at right back.

I also remember that idiot Duffy had him on trial after he came back from Iceland and decided he wasn't for us - our midfield was absolutely non-existent and it got us relegated. Meanwhile Kano went on to be a midfield general for St. Johnstone for several seasons, as they finished in the upper regions of the SPL.

Aldo
22-04-2013, 01:43 PM
I remember him being transformed from a player struggling to find a true position to a revelation at right back.

I also remember that idiot Duffy had him on trial after he came back from Iceland and decided he wasn't for us - our midfield was absolutely non-existent and it got us relegated. Meanwhile Kano went on to be a midfield general for St. Johnstone for several seasons, as they finished in the upper regions of the SPL.

Was it no Aberdeen he went to??

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-04-2013, 01:43 PM
A stalwart of The London Hibs Burns Supper nights and did a grand job of sorting out this years trip! IIRC it was good, but, its all a bit hazy!

Stevie Reid
22-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Was it no Aberdeen he went to??

Oldham, Aberdeen, Iceland, St. Johnstone.

Aldo
22-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Oldham, Aberdeen, Iceland, St. Johnstone.

Cheers fur that SR. I knew the sheep were in there somewhere. One stands corrected. ;-)

Stevie Reid
22-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Cheers fur that SR. I knew the sheep were in there somewhere. One stands corrected. ;-)

:aok:

Killiehibbie
22-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Oldham, Aberdeen, Iceland, St. Johnstone.Don't know about Iceland but Norway rings a bell.

iwasthere1972
22-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Don't know about Iceland but Norway rings a bell.

Think he was frozen out at Iceland.

Stevie Reid
22-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Don't know about Iceland but Norway rings a bell.

Just looked and I stand corrected, was Norway :aok:

deek1875
22-04-2013, 05:25 PM

Finished his career with Clyde

HibeeDave
22-04-2013, 05:52 PM
A stalwart of The London Hibs Burns Supper nights and did a grand job of sorting out this years trip! IIRC it was good, but, its all a bit hazy!

I was at this years when I won the signed retro top and received it from Kano, cracking night but I got called to work minutes later, ****ers, was my birthday too.

He was funny as hell though:not worth

Billy McKirdy
22-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Kano was in my Biology class at Holyrood and we went to a few games at Easter Road together when we were kids, I had no idea he was a professional footballer until he signed for Hibs in the early 80s.
A top bloke and true Hibby in the green and white :thumbsup:

brog
23-04-2013, 02:50 PM

yep Paul played for Viking Stavanger for one season & helped them into Europe. I used to do a fair bit of work in Stavanger & arranged to meet Kano in Irishman bar after last game but date was changed & I missed him. Unfortunately I've not had the same luck with our Burns Nights :wink:. Seriously Paul's a top man.

NOLA
23-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Kano can't spell ;). During a hibs kids open day @ER. I got him to sign an autograph for my mum Maureen, spelt it Moria :)

Peevemor
23-04-2013, 03:01 PM
yep Paul played for Viking Stavanger for one season & helped them into Europe. I used to do a fair bit of work in Stavanger & arranged to meet Kano in Irishman bar after last game but date was changed & I missed him. Unfortunately I've not had the same luck with our Burns Nights :wink:. Seriously Paul's a top man.

Is Norway not expensive for booze? I'm surprised you could fjord it! :greengrin

Barman Stanton
23-04-2013, 03:49 PM
A good article. But it was FC Liege we played in the UEFA, not Standard.

Recently watched the Tennents Sixes we won, and he was deadly anywhere near the goal.

Pedantic_Hibee
23-04-2013, 04:37 PM
I used to drink in the Tor a lot circa 8-10 years ago, which Kano owned.

Lovely chap, even if he does look like Butthead.

Baldy Foghorn
23-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Kano scored the opening goal in the derby at the piggery in 1988, then played an overhead kick style pass to Archibald for the second....One of my favourite matches of all time......

Hibs History
23-04-2013, 05:05 PM
A good article. But it was FC Liege we played in the UEFA, not Standard.

Recently watched the Tennents Sixes we won, and he was deadly anywhere near the goal.

Thank you for that

It has now been corrected

Lmc2105
23-04-2013, 06:18 PM
very good guy towards our supporters club and does a lot for us. he is always telling us his storys. its to shut him up thats the trick :wink: if you ever want to meet him always welcome in the four in hand pub! :thumbsup:

Lmc2105
23-04-2013, 08:06 PM
very good guy towards our supporters club and does a lot for us. he is always telling us his storys. its to shut him up thats the trick :wink: if you ever want to meet him always welcome in the four in hand pub! :thumbsup:

I'm_cabbaged
23-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Kano scored the opening goal in the derby at the piggery in 1988, then played an overhead kick style pass to Archibald for the second....One of my favourite matches of all time......

He rose like a salmon ;)

Pat 0-7
23-04-2013, 08:45 PM

:thumbsup: great night in the p1ssing rain...........:greengrin

Torto7062
23-04-2013, 09:01 PM
The Perth Hibs supporters are ( or were ) called The Perth Paul Kano's

when I stayed in Perth I went to games with the Perth Paul Kanos.
some guid days oot

Baldy Foghorn
23-04-2013, 09:08 PM
He rose like a salmon ;)

Aye it was a great leap.....Right in from of the merrick's....Was magical........

Frazerbob
23-04-2013, 09:32 PM
I remember when we played Celtic in the cup in the 80's. We drew at Parkhead and the replay sold out beofore I managed to get a ticket. My mates and I were playing football down the Links and we met Kano in his uncle Brian's shop at the foot of Restelrig Road and we told him we couldn't get tickets. The next day, there was a couple of tickets waiting for us at his uncle's shop. Hibs class!!

NOLA
23-04-2013, 10:22 PM
Remember it well, I was the mascot that day :) sitting in the main stand that day was an experience I tell you, the last 5 mins seemed to last a lifetime :) scenes in the changing room after were mental, gordon rae was still raging at the ref lol

neilmartinrocks
24-04-2013, 12:54 AM
when I stayed in Perth I went to games with the Perth Paul Kanos.
some guid days oot

That wi' Jeff Ford and co.? sound bunch o' boys. They still go but its away days on the train now.

Weir7
24-04-2013, 06:30 AM
I remember when we played Celtic in the cup in the 80's. We drew at Parkhead and the replay sold out beofore I managed to get a ticket. My mates and I were playing football down the Links and we met Kano in his uncle Brian's shop at the foot of Restelrig Road and we told him we couldn't get tickets. The next day, there was a couple of tickets waiting for us at his uncle's shop. Hibs class!!
I've never seen a game at easter rd sell out so quickly. In hours, queues were huge. Trying to get the old tiny shop \ ticket office in main stand.

Lost game to a wonder strike from Peter Grant. 20 yard top bag.

First game was a Sunday live on TV at parkhead. The start of TV ruining footie.

Also, Kano is a top lad.

PJ IronHIbee
25-04-2013, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE=Aldo;3575105]Was it no Aberdeen he went to??[/

Great Hibee and genuinely nice guy - met him a few times whilst following the Hibees.
Scored for the Dons against us at Easter Rd.
Kano Kano Kano Kano, Kano Kano, Kano Kano Kano Kano
One of my favourite all time payers

fatbloke
25-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Still got photos from Hotel Alba Regia Skekesfehervar Hungary after Videoton match. All round gent and top Hibbie. Still remember him at ER telling Gary Mackay his Hearts kit sponsor's name was spelt wrong he said the Errea should have Di in front of it - priceless.