PDA

View Full Version : right decision

ManBearPig
22-04-2013, 10:20 AM
I have just given up a Champions League final ticket as couldn't get back and take family to the SC final. I am foolish giving up once in a lifetime chance and possible real barca final, or should hibs always come first?

soupy
22-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Am sure hibs winning the Scottish is a once in a lifetime also,,, but I'd say you've made the right decision...

_hucks_
22-04-2013, 10:32 AM
You know it yourself - as much as the spectacle of the CL final would be something to behold, it will never have the same emotional pull of your own club in a position to record one of the most significant wins in their history. Supporting a club is, after all, about an attachment that goes beyond reason.

Pretty Boy
22-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Absolutely the right decision.

The CL Final would be a great spectacle but if Hibs pulled it off and you missed it then you would regret it forever.

Gatecrasher
22-04-2013, 10:39 AM
The CL means nothing to me other than something to watch if theres nothing else on so its Hibs in the cup final for me 100%

If you really want to see Real v Barca go to a Spanish game next season.

WestEndHibee
22-04-2013, 10:43 AM
I think it comes down to which one you'd regret missing most. Champions league final happens every year. I'm sure, if you want it, your chance at a ticket will come again. However Hibs ******* (not going to jinx it) the Scottish cup is potentially the most special sporting moment any of us as hibs fans might witness and I imagine you'd really regret not being there.

lugz
22-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Always choose hibs, I could have went to Munich last season as I'm a chelsea fan but decided not too. Despite the results in both games I don't regret it as I couldn't have lived with myself if we had finally done it and I wasn't there.

Waxy
22-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Hibs in the cup final everytime. You can watch the Bayern munich/Dortmund match on telly anyway.

vercol36
22-04-2013, 10:54 AM
A huge, faceless, corporate FIFAgasm.

OR

Cheering on your team at Hampden, in the final of a Scottish Cup, amidst a sea of like-minded fans, where a win will guarantee an explosion of emotion unprecedented in Hibee history.

You've made the right choice.

Bristolhibby
22-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Can you not take the car and drive up straight from the CL Final?

Thats what I'd be doing. 6 hours from London through the night. You'll still be buzzing for the first half of the journey.

If needs be, pull in and get a couple of hours kip in the car, then continue the drive.

J

DH1875
22-04-2013, 11:46 AM
The CL means nothing to me other than something to watch if theres nothing else on so its Hibs in the cup final for me 100%

If you really want to see Real v Barca go to a Spanish game next season.

And who says Barca will be in the final?

If it were me Id do both games BUT if I had to choose it would have to be the Hibs game. Us winning the cup, now that is a once in a life time.

Seveno
22-04-2013, 11:57 AM
The Champions League Final is just a football match.

Hibs are your life.

shetlandhibee
22-04-2013, 11:58 AM
I voted for the wrong thing how do you change it?

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2013, 11:58 AM
I have just given up a Champions League final ticket as couldn't get back and take family to the SC final. I am foolish giving up once in a lifetime chance and possible real barca final, or should hibs always come first?

Was there no possible way you could have managed both games?

hibs0666
22-04-2013, 12:01 PM

I would have made exactly the same decision - no-brainer. :thumbsup:

AngusHibby
22-04-2013, 12:01 PM
How much are you selling the CL ticket for? my mates selling a couple and he's already been offered 2K for the both of them... mental

Hibercelona
22-04-2013, 12:22 PM
A CL final comes around every year. :yawn:

Hibs in a SC final with every possibility of winning it doesn't. :flag:

ManBearPig
22-04-2013, 05:38 PM

Thats what I'd be doing. 6 hours from London through the night. You'll still be buzzing for the first half of the journey.

If needs be, pull in and get a couple of hours kip in the car, then continue the drive.

J

Not really I have MS and that drive would floor me. I did contemplate flying back but also a little difficult plus promised step son id take him to cup final on coach. Have to say think made right decision wouldn't be able to live with myself if hibs won it and I wasnt there especially after that emotional roller coaster that was the semi.

johnbc70
22-04-2013, 06:26 PM
I am lucky enough to be going to both finals - fly down on Saturday morning and stay overnight in London. Booked the first flight from Gatwick to Glasgow and if on time I get into Glasgow around 10am on the Sunday morning. Hoping for a spectacular weekend of football with Barca and Hibs victories.

When you say given your ticket away be careful as your name, DOB and passport number will likely be on the ticket and they can check for ID so whoever you have given your ticket to will need to hope they do not get ID'd or they let them in (assuming you got the ticket in the lottery like me)

Edit - you made right decision, you can apply for tickets every year and would have done the same if I thought I could not get back in time.

Bristolhibby
23-04-2013, 06:40 AM
Not really I have MS and that drive would floor me. I did contemplate flying back but also a little difficult plus promised step son id take him to cup final on coach. Have to say think made right decision wouldn't be able to live with myself if hibs won it and I wasnt there especially after that emotional roller coaster that was the semi.

You've made the right choice. At the end of the day you support Hibs. Not Real, not Barca, not Dortmund and not Bayern.

J

nonshinyfinish
23-04-2013, 06:49 AM
Two things:

It won't be a Real-Barca final. :wink:

You made the right choice - Hibs come first.

Alex Trager
23-04-2013, 08:27 AM

J

This.
Once the men in yellow lift the cup you will be overcome by what is going on around you, with their immense displays etc, that you'll be buzzing.
You will lose that buzz half way up the road, and then guess what? It's hibs Scottish cup final day. A new buzz sets in.

Phil D. Rolls
23-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Was there no possible way you could have managed both games?

Fenlon out ManBearPig in.

The Baldmans Comb
23-04-2013, 11:59 AM
If anyone else wants to 'give up' a Champions League final ticket do let me know and I am sure a deal can be arranged.:wink:

Good choice but I would move heaven and earth to do both.

ManBearPig
23-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Fenlon out ManBearPig in.

I graciously accept. .. although would only take a week till it would be a thread on here telling me to resign

Alex Trager
29-04-2013, 07:20 AM
Is anyone going to the CL final in here? If so how you getting down?

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2013, 07:43 PM
I would give up a thousand tickets for UEFA's corporate rich mans closed shop cash fest for a seat in the lavvy at Hampden on the 26th of May.

In fact I dont even understand the question.

Malthibby
29-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Well done that man - win & it's a once in a hundred year occasion, lose, & it's another layer of pain to add to the multi-faceted emotional strata of the Hibby landscape.
GG

Baldy Foghorn
29-04-2013, 08:18 PM
It's a no brainer, Hibs every time

Sir David Gray
29-04-2013, 08:44 PM
I would quite like to go to a Champions League final one day, I suppose it's one of those things to do before you die.

However, in a choice between watching two teams, that I don't really care about, playing in a Champions League final and watching Hibs in a Scottish Cup final, with the chance to win the Scottish Cup for the first time in over a century, there really is only one winner!