PDA

View Full Version : Michael higdon

mcfly
21-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Read today Dundee utd are putting in an offer. We need at least 2 strikers so why are we doing nothing??

hibs0666
21-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Are we doing nothing?

KeithTheHibby
21-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Where did you read this? The official Dundee United website?

jonty
21-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Read today Dundee utd are putting in an offer. We need at least 2 strikers so why are we doing nothing??

What proof do you have that we're doing nothing? I very much doubt that all of the clubs activities are documented in the papers/online.

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2013, 10:07 AM
Hibs do not conduct their transfer business through the media.

MrSmith
21-04-2013, 10:31 AM

Correct! Its all done in the last hour of the last day of the transfer window!

Diclonius
21-04-2013, 10:38 AM

Michael Higdon? An affordable and potentially brilliant signing? Psh, I've heard last minute loan deals from Barnsley are just as effective.

Kenny1875
21-04-2013, 10:56 AM
I'd rather we extended Kuqi's contract tbh

Hermit Crab
21-04-2013, 10:59 AM
I'd rather we extended Kuqi's contract tbh

Nice try.

Titch
21-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Michael Higdon? An affordable and potentially brilliant signing? Psh, I've heard last minute loan deals from Barnsley are just as effective.
or last minute loan deals for a player that cant even get into a team languishing at the bottom of the championship

i dont think i quite grasped the way this thread was heading

hibs0666
21-04-2013, 11:10 AM

Liam Craig. :-)

Mikey
21-04-2013, 11:12 AM
I was kinda hoping that folk might wait for the window to open before lobbing their toys out the pram and screaming "I want, I want, I want" every time another club is rumoured to be looking at a player.

Sherlock Jones
21-04-2013, 11:18 AM
I was kinda hoping that folk might wait for the window to open before lobbing their toys out the pram and screaming "I want, I want, I want" every time another club is rumoured to be looking at a player.

It's a bit like Easter and Xmas - it starts earlier every year/transfer window.

WestEndHibee
21-04-2013, 11:36 AM

Hibs quite rightly don't conduct their business so we all can read it. This would work out as a very much more expensive way to do things as the value of public transfers rises considerable when more people get interested. I can guarantee you Hibs aren't doing nothing with regards to strikers.

CallumLaidlaw
21-04-2013, 11:39 AM
If Dundee utd are putting an offer in, it MUST be a done deal.
I heard we were putting an offer in for Messi.

proud_and_green
21-04-2013, 11:46 AM

Crikey, a while since we had one of these threads - last transfer window was it?

silverhibee
21-04-2013, 11:46 AM

Unless your a naughty boy. :wink: :greengrin

Bobby's Cinema
21-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Would he really move from Motherwell to Hibernian? I don't see it

silverhibee
21-04-2013, 11:49 AM
If Dundee utd are putting an offer in, it MUST be a done deal.
I heard we were putting an offer in for Messi.

Take it he has a Irish grannie. :greengrin

MSK
21-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Would he really move from Motherwell to Hibernian? I don't see itYou mean like Clancy did ?

Bobby's Cinema
21-04-2013, 11:56 AM
You mean like Clancy did ?
:greengrin very good point. Motherwell flying in second place though, I can't imagine it happening

Andy74
21-04-2013, 11:58 AM
:greengrin very good point. Motherwell flying in second place though, I can't imagine it happening

Doesn't matter. You just have to step foot in Fir Park to realise why a player would move. We haven't performed as we should in recent years but the difference in the size and stature of the clubs is obvious.

MSK
21-04-2013, 11:59 AM
:greengrin very good point. Motherwell flying in second place though, I can't imagine it happeningThey finished 3rd when Clancy joined us ..:wink:

Mikey
21-04-2013, 11:59 AM
You mean like Clancy did ?

Shoot first, ask questions later :agree:

Bobby's Cinema
21-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Shoot first, ask questions later :agree:
:na na:

Mikey
21-04-2013, 12:10 PM
:na na:

It's not a swipe at you. Lots of people take a swing at the club without thinking first :wink:

Bobby's Cinema
21-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Doesn't matter. You just have to step foot in Fir Park to realise why a player would move. We haven't performed as we should in recent years but the difference in the size and stature of the clubs is obvious.
This is more my point. Ofcourse Hibs are the more attractive club. But would he move from a comfortable position at Motherwell, with little fan pressure, enjoying their football and where he's settled in, to Hibs? at the moment? I'm not so sure

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Would he really move from Motherwell to Hibernian? I don't see it

He's a footballer isn't he? All that matters is the£££££

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2013, 12:13 PM
This is more my point. Ofcourse Hibs are the more attractive club. But would he move from a comfortable position at Motherwell, with little fan pressure, enjoying their football and where he's settled in, to Hibs? at the moment? I'm not so sure

Depends how much more money we offer.

FromTheCapital
21-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Pre-Contract... Surely we can compete with teams like Motherwell and Dundee United in terms of cash?

MSK
21-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Pre-Contract... Surely we can compete with teams like Motherwell and Dundee United in terms of cash?http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18194452 ..Tim Clancy has rejected a new contract at Motherwell and is close to agreeing a superior deal to join Hibernian.

West hamBERNIAN
21-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Fairly sure higdon will be playing in the championship next season, unless Celtic fancy him, he'll get more money and he's from England so would more than likely be happy to be nearer family and friends. Next.

DH1875
21-04-2013, 04:51 PM

I'm sure I heard/read somewhere that the Motherwell fans haven't taken to him and don't like him :confused:. Don't see why he wouldn't want to join us over Motherwell. Bigger club, bigger fan base, bigger wages and we'll both be in the same European comp. And lets not forget. We could be the Scottish cup holders :pray::pray::faint:

PISTOL1875
21-04-2013, 05:00 PM

Because Rod Petrie reads this site and can see from the so called '' experts '' that post on this that Higdon isn't Hibs class and should be nowhere near Easter Road..

Baldy Foghorn
21-04-2013, 05:15 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18194452 ..Tim Clancy has rejected a new contract at Motherwell and is close to agreeing a superior deal to join Hibernian.

Stop posting facts, it does not suit some of the arguments:greengrin

MSK
21-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Stop posting facts, it does not suit some of the arguments:greengrin:greengrin

jdships
21-04-2013, 06:17 PM

And the problem with that is ? :greengrin:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
21-04-2013, 06:34 PM
And the problem with that is ? :greengrin:wink:

Matt Done?:greengrin

MrRobot
21-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Pre-Contract... Surely we can compete with teams like Motherwell and Dundee United in terms of cash?

Do you know we're doing nothing like? Maybe we don't want Higdon and are trying to get sparky to stay. **** post.

Captain Trips
21-04-2013, 06:39 PM
I think as Higdon might have some pretty decent offers on table in summer so any SPL team not just Hibs would be doing very well to have him in side next term.

Captain Trips
21-04-2013, 06:52 PM

Im sure we can compete with them however im pretty sure that clubs outwith SPL are interested so if we want him then we might be competeing with them and to be fair if a Championship club are interested even a League 1 they will likely have decent money to give him.

leither17
21-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Spl is his level he will score for fun here don't think he would cut it in the championship hope we are in for him

1875Hibees
21-04-2013, 10:48 PM
I think as Higdon might have some pretty decent offers on table in summer so any SPL team not just Hibs would be doing very well to have him in side next term.
Hibs pay more than any SPL team outside Celtic.

Captain Trips
21-04-2013, 11:11 PM

Thats irrelevant if we are competing against teams outside SPL. We don't even know if we want him and nobody else in SPL has signed him in front of us.

Hibercelona
21-04-2013, 11:20 PM
I don't think Higdon will end up at Dundee Utd, but at least they're showing some intent on the type of quality they're aiming for.

We seem to adapt the "no chance of signing, no point trying" attitude.

Treadstone
21-04-2013, 11:24 PM
Higdons agent is doing a great job. Watch for the championship link in the next few days along with MLS and the A-League.

oldbutdim
21-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Higdons agent is doing a great job. Watch for the championship link in the next few days along with MLS and the A-League.

And maybe a Second Division Club.
:agree:

SteveHFC
21-04-2013, 11:34 PM

Alloa Athletic? :greengrin

Treadstone
21-04-2013, 11:48 PM

Ambitious one though with new loadsamoney owner.

Captain Trips
22-04-2013, 10:34 AM
I don't think Higdon will end up at Dundee Utd, but at least they're showing some intent on the type of quality they're aiming for.

I do not know if thats true, in this case how do we know the manager wants Higdon? I think he is good so do a lot of other posters but that doesnt mean we are looking at him. Hibs may want Higdon and are better at this information staying hidden than elsewhere. What you say in bold cannot be measured as we do not know over the years how many players we tried to sign that only the manager and board know about and I have no doubt there are plenty of players we really looked at and nobody but Hibs knew about it.

On Higdon we need to know we want him and we need to know we tried to get him and these 2 things could easily occur and nobody knows about it bar PF and Board so I do not agree that this is the attitude when we cannot know what goes on behind closed doors at club.

I remember quite often Hibs have signed a player and nobody knew anything about it until signed. On your point in bold I would say off the bat I know he wasnt our best midfielder ever but before joining us at least on paper anyway Liam Miller could easily have fell into the no chance of signing category IMO but we did bother.

Diclonius
22-04-2013, 10:43 AM

Really?

JimBHibees
22-04-2013, 10:50 AM

I think you need to differentiate between what is in the papers and what happens in reality. Hibs are pretty good about carrying out their business on the quiet. Just because it isnt all over the rags (alot of which is made up guff anyway) doesnt mean nothing is happening whether that be with Higdon or anyone else.

sesoim
22-04-2013, 06:29 PM

:agree: Yeah, teams like St Johnstone, Motherwell and Inverness sign all the bargains, and we end paying over the odds for players nobody else wants.

At least, that seems to have been our signing policy since Mowbray left.

Andy74
22-04-2013, 06:36 PM
:agree: Yeah, teams like St Johnstone, Motherwell and Inverness sign all the bargains, and we end paying over the odds for players nobody else wants.

At least, that seems to have been our signing policy since Mowbray left.

Williams, Clancy, McPake, Claros, Taiwo, Craig. Just examples of that being nonsense.