PDA

View Full Version : John Sutton sets sights on capital rivals.

howdenthehibby
21-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Thats both him and the tattooed circus freak commenting lately, that they must finish above us cause all they've heard from our fans is that weve had a really good season. Again another example of their weird infatuation with us. Are there any Hibbys on here that think weve had a good season ?.

Biggie
21-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Don't think we've had a good season at all, but I'll be pretty pissed off if that lot Finish above us....considering how far ahead of them we were for most of the season.

CallumLaidlaw
21-04-2013, 09:35 AM
We had a great half a season, but barring the cup, have had a really poor 2nd half to the season. But they seem to take our comments from November and think they're still relevant

Broken Gnome
21-04-2013, 09:35 AM
We're all just pretending that we don't give a toss about them finishing above us, aren't we?

Considering the positions a few months back, of course it matters. Not talking embarrassment, humiliation or whatever, given they still have a lot of players that they outbid us for, but it is a big deal. Kidding ourselves if we say otherwise.

derek0762
21-04-2013, 09:36 AM
I said the very same thing to a yam in my work the other day, when he said aye but you's have had your best season in 15 years and we are only 6 points behind you..........." I said I've not heard one Hibs fan say its been a good season, a good start mibe and in another final but still average so far"

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2013, 09:37 AM
They've had a lot of luck to get as close to us as they are. I'm sure it's going to even out over the season.

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-04-2013, 09:37 AM
The only people i've heard claiming we've had a really good season are Hearts fans. :confused:

frazeHFC
21-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Since November it's been terrible, but obviously cos we started well it must mean it's been a good one in their views...

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Our season:

Screwed up the League Cup big time by disrespecting QOTS .... we paid for it in lost income and a very angry support who just couldnt believe that the same club who had failed to turn up at a cup final would have the cheek to think they could afford to take any club or competition lightly.

Started very brightly in the SPL but to be honest failed to sustain that early season form. Not making the top six is a failure for this club in any season .... so from that point of view we have under performed.

The Scottish Cup ....... so far the best part of our season, we have made it to Hampden through a pretty tough draw, hats off to the manager and players for that.

If we win it this will be our greatest season since the 1950s. Even the famous 5 couldnt win the Holy Grail.

As for the Yams ...... couldnt care less about them at the moment .... so long as we beat them of course.

Golden Bear
21-04-2013, 09:51 AM
The maroon balloons seem to hold a common belief that we think we've had a good season but where that myth originated from then only they will know.

They're a weird bunch to say the least.

KeithTheHibby
21-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Same old pish from them and their fans, win a couple of games and all is great again.

My facebook was full of it yesterday at the back of 5, the same morons have been nowhere to be seen unless of course they win a game.

Booked4Being-Ugly
21-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Forget them, the ONLY thing they have left to their season is to finish above us.

We have reached another cup final and Europe and done so by horsing them out the cup!

Big club my arse!

CallumLaidlaw
21-04-2013, 10:06 AM
We're all just pretending that we don't give a toss about them finishing above us, aren't we?

Considering the positions a few months back, of course it matters. Not talking embarrassment, humiliation or whatever, given they still have a lot of players that they outbid us for, but it is a big deal. Kidding ourselves if we say otherwise.

I would maybe care if we were already out the scottish cup, but that's the only thing that matters now. 7th and lose the final, or 11th and win the cup?

Eyrie
21-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Who or what is "John Sutton"?

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2013, 10:24 AM

Chris Sutton's wee brother.

Col2
21-04-2013, 10:31 AM

I was thinking that myself I thought he had left the pink dome? Was he not on£7k a week or something and average about 3 goals a season? I thought they has offloaded all the top earners?

Shirley they can't STILL have the 2nd highest wage bill?

Sir David Gray
21-04-2013, 10:32 AM
I don't think we've had a good league season at all. Since around the halfway point it's been terrible.

The only thing that's made it bearable since November/December time has been our cup run.

Quite where they've got the idea from that we've had a great season is anyone's guess.

Diclonius
21-04-2013, 10:37 AM
We shouldn't be resting players until we're out of sight of Hearts. To have their worst team in years finish above us would be an embarrasment.

Col2
21-04-2013, 10:37 AM
I don't think we've had a good league season at all. Since around the halfway point it's been terrible.

The only thing that's made it bearable since November/December time has been our cup run.

Quite where they've got the idea from that we've had a great season is anyone's guess.

Exactly but it helps the yams and players justify the 2nd biggest wage bill in the SPL. Are they in the Scottish cup final? Nope. Have they qualified for Europe next season? Nope. Are they above us in the league despite playing more games? Nope. Dry your eyes Chris' brother.

lord bunberry
21-04-2013, 10:39 AM
The last derby of the season is a massive game for them whereas for us its a stepping stone to the final. I really hope we beat them but in the grand scheme of things it's not that important

Sir David Gray
21-04-2013, 10:48 AM
We shouldn't be resting players until we're out of sight of Hearts. To have their worst team in years finish above us would be an embarrasment.

I'm sure I could live with the shame if we're parading the Scottish Cup through the streets of Leith in 5 weeks' time.

Beefster
21-04-2013, 11:18 AM
I'm sure I could live with the shame if we're parading the Scottish Cup through the streets of Leith in 5 weeks' time.

Indeed but we shouldn't be giving up on the best possible league placing just because we're in a cup final.

Sir David Gray
21-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Indeed but we shouldn't be giving up on the best possible league placing just because we're in a cup final.

Of course we should look to finish as high up the league as possible.

I was just replying to someone who was saying it would be an embarrassment if we finished below them, that's all.

I'm sure I would quickly recover if we beat Celtic on 26th May.

Spike Mandela
21-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Would find it rather amusing to see them catch us up or indeed overtake us only for their insolvency event to strike and see their 18 points deduction kick in.:cb

WestEndHibee
21-04-2013, 12:27 PM
We WERE having a good season but it has not been good since about late november/december. I wouldn't be impressed if they finished above us but we've got bigger fish to fry with the cup final and putting a good team together in time for Europe.

They appear to be losing their "Big team like, hibs forever in our shadow like, we don't care about them like" mentality.

StevieC
21-04-2013, 12:38 PM

I couldn't give a toss about Hearts and the league position. IMO the manager should be using every game possible with a view to overcoming Celtc in the cup final. Priority at this moment should be trying different tactics, resting players and avoiding suspensions and injuries. The chances are that this will result in lost games and a lower league position but this is a cost that I (for one) am willing to pay.

Treadstone
21-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Their position in relation to Hibs is what defines them not their standing in Scottish football. If they are above us come full time on the 12th May I expect the 'world cup winning' scenes similar to their defeat of us at ER after we won the League cup in 2007.

carnoustiehibee
21-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Do the jambos get a newsletter every week on what to say if they see a hibs fan. Everytime i meet a simple,deluded puddle drinker up here it's the same nonsense as mentioned on here.
They must get Paul McKenna in at the start of the season and get hypnotised. Strange bunch of reprobates.

Onion
21-04-2013, 12:50 PM

Could not care less about that. The SC Final is not the most important thing for Hibs this season, it is the ONLY thing and everything Hibs does for the next 5 games should be as part of the prep for that game. Where the Yams finish in the SPL is irrelevant by comparison, but hugely important to them as it is the ONLY thing they have left in their meaningless, empty lives. :yawn2:

Onion
21-04-2013, 12:52 PM
I couldn't give a toss about Hearts and the league position. IMO the manager should be using every game possible with a view to overcoming Celtc in the cup final. Priority at this moment should be trying different tactics, resting players and avoiding suspensions and injuries. The chances are that this will result in lost games and a lower league position but this is a cost that I (for one) am willing to pay.

I really should read to the end of the thread before posting.... but :top marks this !

FromTheCapital
21-04-2013, 12:52 PM
I think we had a great start to the season but we began to fall rapidly at the new year. Am I right in thinking we were top of the league on January 1st? Celtic had a game or two in hand but still we looked like we could easily make 2nd but 2013 has been a disaster in my opinion. Hearts fans still seem to take our point of view from August to December when we said we were having a great season but I've said since roughly February that we've not been playing well but in all honesty, I don't care if they finish above us, as long as we come back from Hampden on May 26th with the Scottish Cup then I think they'll be pretty quiet over the summer.

#FromTheCapital
21-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Seems to be common amongst hearts failures to try and have a go at us. Ginger tattood circus freak and Mcglynn have also tried this tactic. ***** at their job so try and win support from the pink scarf twirlers by having digs at hibs. I'd be annoyed if I could take them seriously, but I can't

RIP
21-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Don't know which is sadder.

Hearts thinking that finishing higher than us in the SPL is the extent of their aspirations or Hibs supporters who fall for that propaganda.

woody47
21-04-2013, 01:35 PM
What I find amusing is, for example, there is a manager where I work who actually said before the semi final that when we get knocked out that would make her season! They are so obsessed with us that the highlight of THEIR season was to see US losing a semi final.

Yes, it will be annoying if they end up above us, but they are the big team, don't you know!

The sooner they go out of business and just disappear up their own archies the better.

Dalianwanda
21-04-2013, 01:40 PM
We would be saying exactly the same as them if we were in their position

Broken Gnome
21-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Don't know which is sadder.

Hearts thinking that finishing higher than us in the SPL is the extent of their aspirations or Hibs supporters who fall for that propaganda.

Who's being sad about it?

Cup final or not, I'd quite like to see Hibs finish Hearts every single season. It's a natural barometer of success if nothing else has been gained from a league season.

Franck Stanton
21-04-2013, 02:19 PM
The yam mutants are only saying we have had our best season for 15 years because it suits their purpose. They acknowledge that they are having a 'mare of a season this year and yet, [as of today] are still on the same points total as us, - thereby reinforcing their deluded claims to be "the big team". Primary school playground stuff. Ignore them , they are just an annoying little fly in our lives.

Bostonhibby
21-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Our season hasn't been that great, it could end well. I will be mildly disappointed if Suttons meteoric aspirations for the season are met but console myself with the fact that but for a couple of perverse decisions directly involving the Yams and to their benefit we'd have been in the top 6.

The yams ain't got anything else to induce the believers with between now and the end of the season - the players are probably being wheeled out to talk about the one thing that might just drum up a few sales - no longer is it splitting the ugly sisters, winning the Champions league, buying players they can't afford or building megasuperhotelstadiums etc it's er................insert drum roll........................gazumping Hibs for 10th 9th , 8th or 7th in an eye wateringly bad league......knock yerself out Sutton et al , enjoy the rest of the season and especially the close season.

21-04-2013, 03:27 PM
The only people i've heard claiming we've had a really good season are Hearts fans. :confused:

agreed, i am yet to meet a hibs fan who think our league season has been anything short of abysmal!

Where do they get these delusions from, genuinely quite worrying TBH!

JohnStephens91
21-04-2013, 05:56 PM
John Sutton is totally crap, such a poor striker. People moan about Doyle but he has scored more this season and works his socks off in every game. Sutton is like a block of wood. He can say what he wants for all I care and so can the Hearts fans.

Hibernia Na Eir
21-04-2013, 06:34 PM
its their way of acknowledging they've had an awful season and by defeating Hibs will keep their inbred, cross-eyed, shell suited manky fans happy.

CropleyWasGod
21-04-2013, 06:41 PM
I am happy with Hearts being on a good run.

The more points they get, the more they will get docked if their administration happens next season. :greengrin

GlenrothesHibee
21-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Lets be fair to them. It would be some achievement finishing above the Scottish cup finalists. If they all pull together they might just do it. They might have to dig out that open top bus they had to put away in March if they do it. Exciting times in Gorgie

chrisski33
21-04-2013, 08:08 PM
I think some on here are obsessed with them but they are our city rivals so its natural. If they finish above us and we lose the final that would be embarrassing. We NEED to finish above them no matter what the outcome of the final is

Baader
21-04-2013, 08:16 PM
John Sutton can say what he likes - he's one of the worst strikers ever in the SPL.

monktonharp
21-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Could not care less about that. The SC Final is not the most important thing for Hibs this season, it is the ONLY thing and everything Hibs does for the next 5 games should be as part of the prep for that game. Where the Yams finish in the SPL is irrelevant by comparison, but hugely important to them as it is the ONLY thing they have left in their meaningless, empty lives. :yawn2::agree: 1= Hibernian have qualified for a euro position, HMoFC have not, and wont 2.=Hibernian fc have qualified for the Scottish cup final,HMoFC have not and wont. 3= Hibernian fc have no embargo on signing players,under any circumstances.HMoFC have. 4=Hibernian fc are under no scrutiny under any circumstances,by either the SFA for wages arrears,or by any scrutiny by HMRC of any arrears in tax payments due or overdue, HMoFC are . 5=Hibernian fc have no marked reduction in attendances at home games, HMoFC have dubious reports regarding this matter. Other items could be no doubt exposed but I would not expect HMoFC to admit that they are having one of the most tumultuous seasons in their club's history.long may it continue.at least until the bubble finally explodes,which could be anytime soon.

clerriehibs
21-04-2013, 09:34 PM
I can't recall any Hibs player ever trying to claim finishing above hertz as a target, albeit, aiming to finish as high as possible does that by definition, but I can't recall hertz being a specific target.

500miles
21-04-2013, 09:49 PM
If it wasn't for the incompetence of the officials, Hearts wouldn't even be playing us again this season. I would play our first team to beat them, and kick on until the end of the season, which gives us the best frame of mind to go out and beat Celtic.

hibs0666
21-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Instead of spending his time looking in awe at the Hibees, Sutton should instead concentrate on getting his game and finding the next mug club to take him on.

Dashing Bob S
21-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Jambos. Such pathetic clowns. Generate pointless myths about us then use them to 'motivate' themselves.

This has been a terrible season for Hibs, only comparison with the sheer purgatory of the last couple gives it any kind of credibility.

But given the likely status of their club next season, this, Heart's last season in the top flight, has been an unmitigated disaster for them.

JimBHibees
22-04-2013, 08:34 AM
I can't recall any Hibs player ever trying to claim finishing above hertz as a target, albeit, aiming to finish as high as possible does that by definition, but I can't recall hertz being a specific target.

Maybe they should as our derby record is appalling. You do get the impression it is a much bigger game to them than us. Can remember a game at ER where I think STV were covering it and they were allowed into the dressing rooms prior to the game and you could tell the Hearts team and staff were well wound up for it while it looked the opposite in the Hibs dressing room. The managers were Miller and Jeffries.

Hibercelona
22-04-2013, 12:11 PM
It hasn't been a great season. But we should be absolutely determined to finish above them, because it does matter.

Bristolhibby
22-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Could not care less about that. The SC Final is not the most important thing for Hibs this season, it is the ONLY thing and everything Hibs does for the next 5 games should be as part of the prep for that game. Where the Yams finish in the SPL is irrelevant by comparison, but hugely important to them as it is the ONLY thing they have left in their meaningless, empty lives. :yawn2:

This. If that means putting a team of babies out at TC than so be it. Whatever Pat thinks is the best preparation.

We cant go down, and we cant go higher than 6th.

Too much at stake to risk putting our players in any unacceptable risk. (Playing a full strength at TC would be an example of unacceptable risk IMHO).

J

Phil MaGlass
22-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Would find it rather amusing to see them catch us up or indeed overtake us only for their insolvency event to strike and see their 18 points deduction kick in.:cb

we need Dundee to come up with a lucky couple of wins aswell, hey dont they still have to play us????

I think we have had a poor year, funny when you think we horsed them oot the cup and are now in Europe and the SC Final, were a pretty demanding bunch, we just have higher standards than the kiddie fiddlers across the road at the Saville bus shelter.