theonlywayisup
21-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Well who do you think?

N. Lennon - SPL champs elect, last 32 in Champions League, beat Barcelona
S. McCall - the best of the rest throughout the whole season
T. Butcher - built ICT into an impressive attacking side
D. Adams - ditto as per ICT
S. Lomas - ditto as per ICT
J. McNamara - built the team that won the SFL Ist division and achieve SPL top six
P. Fenlon - good early season form, manager of team in second SC Final
D. Lennon - won League Cup, but not great in the SPL
A. Johnston - won Challenge Cup and SFL 2nd division

Any other - don't think any of the other SPL managers deserve a mention, but you may think differently

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/paul-hanlon-hopes-hibs-vital-spark-gets-reward-1-2904062

PeterboroHibee
21-04-2013, 07:40 AM
I think McCall or Butcher, both have done very well over the season with their teams.

Lennon will probably get it but Celtic have been bog average this season (apart from the Champions League). Sure they won the league, but when a club can spend £4m on signings (which is about £4m more than any other Scottish club could spend on players) and have a huge squad, they have a fairly big advantage from day 1. Manager of the year is, imo, someone who has exceeded expectations and over the whole season, I dont think Lennon/Celtic have done that.

bingo70
21-04-2013, 07:50 AM
Derek Adams should get SPL manager of the year imo.

Outside the SPL Allan Johnston and Ian Murray deserve recognition for the great jobs they've done.

Just_Jimmy
21-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Ian murray at dumbarton.

From the SPL probably derek adams

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Gave it to Terry Butcher because he turned a bad start around and had a fair bit of rebuilding to do at the start of the season.

But it was a near run thing between him Derek Adams and Stuart McCall who have both done fantastic jobs. Special mention for Danny Lennon, winning anything with St Mirren ( no disrespect intended ) has to be worthy of note ... not to mention giving me one of my more pleasurable moments of the season, ex Hibs player too.

Allan Johnston certainly appears to be a manager on the up and has done a great job at QOTS as has our very own Ian Murray at Dumbarton ....... given Hibs habit of going for managers on the cheap IM could be a good shout for the ER hotseat in a few years if he continues to progress.

Credit to Neil Lennon for getting his team up to beat Barcelona ... but as far as domestically is concerned, with the budget and support celtic have I would be disappointed if I couldnt manage them to the title.

hfc rd
21-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Terry Butcher as SPL manager of the year with Allan Johnston as Scottish manager of the year.

Time For Heroes
21-04-2013, 09:10 AM
What?! No Uncle Fester?

Jones28
21-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Terry butcher should get it.

Wish it could go to Ian Murray though, his turnaround at Dunbarton has been tremendous.

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2013, 09:40 AM
If Fenlon wins the cup with this team he deserves manager of the century never mind the year.

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2013, 10:07 AM
If Fenlon wins the cup with this team he deserves manager of the century never mind the year.

This.

Thats what I never understand about Hibs SC teams. If they were to somehow manage to win the dear old thing they would make headlines all around the World. We have already been mentioned in countries where they have never heard of us as a byword for a team with one of the the longes losing streaks in sport.

Even if these players never kicked another ball in anger again they would be legends in a wee part of Scotland forever.

Golden Bear
21-04-2013, 10:10 AM
It's a difficult one but I've voted for Stuart McCall as he seems to have the ability to identify and develop good players. Motherwell's style of football is a joy to watch and he should be applauded for that alone.

joe breezy
21-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Ally McCoist, the man's a hero, has managed to get ra Gers promoted on a limited budget and he's stuck up for the persecuted Bers. :aok:

Eyrie
21-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Can't be Fenlon because we failed to make the top six.

Adams has Ross County overachieving, but has alleged character issues.

Butcher has done an excellent job at Inverness, but lost in the semi final of the League Cup.

So for me it's McCall at Motherwell.

lord bunberry
21-04-2013, 10:42 AM
What?! No Uncle Fester?

Fester gets my vote

Sir David Gray
21-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Stuart McCall, Terry Butcher or Ian Murray.

Vini1875
21-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Voted for Lennon based on his Euro exploits. McCall is a good shout though considering his budget.

Westie1875
21-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Ian Murray

FromTheCapital
21-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Decided to go with Terry Butcher. Had a poor start but has turned them into a very good side and they're currently looking like the side who's going to finish 3rd. Derek Adams has worked wonders at Ross County as well but decided that Butcher should get it. Stuart McCall has also done fantastic at Motherwell and great credit to him for managing to bring in James McFadden to Motherwell but with the players at his disposal, you would expect them to be finishing below Celtic. And as for Neil Lennon, he done well in the Champions League but in the SPL they have been pretty poor I think. Lost far too many games this season, especially at home, and I'm sure they would've liked to have won the league before now...

Zazu62
21-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Stuart McCall quite like Danny Lennon aswell for pumping Celtic then hearts on route to win the league cup with st mirren

Twiglet
21-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Voted other - Ian Murray. Done alot with Dumbarton before even the transfer window opened. First year as a manager - 1 more point and he keeps them up when they got 5 points from the first 12 games.

Lmc2105
21-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Voted T.Butcher lost a lot of key players in the summer and replaced them with even more quality i think very hard team to beat and very good to watch.

Have to give huge credit to I.Murray though what a phenomenal job he has done at Dumbarton .. do they not average like 3 goals a game? Must be entertaining to watch also!

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Got to be Super Ally, there cannae be many managers who have lead a team to the league title in the clubs first season, an amazing achievement if you ask me!