PDA

View Full Version : Cup final fever

CallumLaidlaw
21-04-2013, 12:36 AM
Well I've sat tonight and watched the full semi final again tonight with my dad. That along with all the after match interviews, sunshine on leith and our chat, has got me all cup-frenzied again. 5 weeks to go, and it's gonna have some build up!!

It's great to be back in this mood again 12 months down the line. Like most, I expect Celtic to dominate, BUT, I have to believe. We have to win at some point, and it may as well be against the champions!!

My first ever cup final saw us win the cup. I'm hoping that it will be the same for my lad!! :flag:

neilmartinrocks
21-04-2013, 12:46 AM
Well I've sat tonight and watched the full semi final again tonight with my dad. That along with all the after match interviews, sunshine on leith and our chat, has got me all cup-frenzied again. 5 weeks to go, and it's gonna have some build up!!

It's great to be back in this mood again 12 months down the line. Like most, I expect Celtic to dominate, BUT, I have to believe. We have to win at some point, and it may as well be against the champions!!

My first ever cup final saw us win the cup. I'm hoping that it will be the same for my lad!! :flag:

you're 112 years old?

Just joking I know what you mean :greengrin

Green Blood
21-04-2013, 12:58 AM

Hi Callum

You can't win it if your not in it!! We are and its only a matter of time,law of averages!!! The story is already written,thats why we went through last years final. To win it the following year against a better stronger team in Celtic!! Its the Hibs way.

GGTTH

CallumLaidlaw
21-04-2013, 01:09 AM
Hi Callum

You can't win it if your not in it!! We are and its only a matter of time,law of averages!!! The story is already written,thats why we went through last years final. To win it the following year against a better stronger team in Celtic!! Its the Hibs way.

GGTTH

That's what I keep on saying GB. The law of averages says it has to be our turn eventually. We've shown we can handle this Celtic team. Now we just have to do it in a cup final!!
They have a few good players but we also have match winners. We can do this!!

NOLA
21-04-2013, 02:33 AM

Did you fast forward the 1st half ;)

down-the-slope
21-04-2013, 06:53 AM
Positives........ we played well and made Celtic look average in first 2 matches this season - we have beaten Them (massive after last season) / Dons / Killie / Avoided the Banana skin of playing the lower league team in the semi...its a one off game played to a finish.....we will have equal support in ground....In Harris we have found another player that will cause players to back off (so not just Leigh) Manager has last seasons experience to feed off and instill in team...

Negatives.......Its Hibs & the propensity to find new and painful ways to make a a total James Blunt of it are unequaled

HH81
21-04-2013, 06:57 AM
Did you fast forward the 1st half ;)

I didn't and can confirm it was just as bad as in the ground :greengrin

JollyGreenGiant
21-04-2013, 08:09 AM
That's what I keep on saying GB. The law of averages says it has to be our turn eventually. We've shown we can handle this Celtic team. Now we just have to do it in a cup final!!
They have a few good players but we also have match winners. We can do this!!

I watched the whole celtic v dutd semi, and I thought dutd dominated most if the game and made celtic look quite average. So, I actually thought it was better that we got celtic. We just have to get a grip of their forwards, thats the key area for me; commons, hooper, samaras and stokes seem to be able to score at will.

But their midfield, without Wanyama, and their defence looks pretty average!

So, if we can keep it tight, and get ourselves in front like we did against them at Easter Rd, then you just never know!

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
21-04-2013, 08:26 AM
1st goal is huge, if we get it then we have a real chance, they get it then we are in trouble.

Another poster said on another thread, and I agree, I really just want us to be in with a.chance of winning going into the later stages. The last couple of SC finals have been so one sided and over very early. To get to the last 10/15 minutes and still have a chance would be huge and then you just never know.

hibs4thecup1988
21-04-2013, 08:44 AM
1st goal is huge, if we get it then we have a real chance, they get it then we are in trouble.

Another poster said on another thread, and I agree, I really just want us to be in with a.chance of winning going into the later stages. The last couple of SC finals have been so one sided and over very early. To get to the last 10/15 minutes and still have a chance would be huge and then you just never know.

I agree. If its a draw late on I think our fans will pull us over the line.

KingFranck
21-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Our midfield need to stop Commons from spreading passes and we need to stop Forrest ripping us down the wing do that and the supply to the front men will stop ggtth

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Positives........ we played well and made Celtic look average in first 2 matches this season - we have beaten Them (massive after last season) / Dons / Killie / Avoided the Banana skin of playing the lower league team in the semi...its a one off game played to a finish.....we will have equal support in ground....In Harris we have found another player that will cause players to back off (so not just Leigh) Manager has last seasons experience to feed off and instill in team...

Negatives.......Its Hibs & the propensity to find new and painful ways to make a a total James Blunt of it are unequaled

138 years of Hibernian football club summed up in a sentence :agree:

We need the first goal and we are going to have to defend as if our lives depend upon it, but if I thought we had no chance I wouldnt be going .... well, perhaps I would ... but we have a chance, as does any team in a one off game.

Positives ... we have a top class striker and just at the right time we have found a lad who likes to run at defences ... we have a support who know how to make a noise, if given a wee bit of encouragement that is.

I dont think we can afford to plan a backs to the wall 90 minutes hoping to score on the break, we just dont have a good enough defence for that.

If our lads give everything we can match them in midfield. celtics weakness, if they have any, is at the back and for that reason I think we should go for it.