PDA

View Full Version : If we win it!

ruthven_raiders
20-04-2013, 08:00 PM
If we do go on to win the holy grail! It could take extra time and pens and with the celebrations that will bring could mean it will be well after 6 before most hibs supporters get out of the stadium! So it could be well after 8 that we get back to Edinburgh, do you think there is any possibility the open top bus procession could be delayed to the following weekend? Considering the number of families who would live to enjoy the celebrations would seem to make sense but when did sense prevail with this council;o)

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2013, 08:02 PM
If we do go on to win the holy grail! It could take extra time and pens and with the celebrations that will bring could mean it will be well after 6 before most hibs supporters get out of the stadium! So it could be well after 8 that we get back to Edinburgh, do you think there is any possibility the open top bus procession could be delayed to the following weekend? Considering the number of families who would live to enjoy the celebrations would seem to make sense but when did sense prevail with this council;o)

Will be on Monday night surely.

lord bunberry
20-04-2013, 08:03 PM

I think it should be the following week to allow everyone the chance to see it

Westie1875
20-04-2013, 08:05 PM
The Monday is a bank holiday, my guess would be Monday afternoon/evening IF it were to happen.

Aldo
20-04-2013, 08:07 PM
I have asked for the Monday off work ( still to be granted) but know this it will be some bloody party on the Sunday nite.

Sir David Gray
20-04-2013, 08:08 PM
I don't believe it would be on the Sunday, regardless of what time the match finishes.

It will be on the Monday, in my opinion.

ruthven_raiders
20-04-2013, 08:10 PM
The Monday is a bank holiday, my guess would be Monday afternoon/evening IF it were to happen.

Maybe a bank holiday but not an Edinburgh holiday, that will be the previous week. It's a Glasgow holiday on the Monday. I've taken the day off anyway;o)

Chibs
20-04-2013, 08:11 PM
I think it should be the following week to allow everyone the chance to see it
Bit unfortunate to those fans travelling from around the world and may have head home during the week.

glenn6270
20-04-2013, 08:14 PM
its the sunday bus drivers names in the hat for the open top bus

Disshibee
20-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Thought I'd stumbled on to Kickback for a minute!

hibs4thecup1988
20-04-2013, 08:17 PM
It will 99% definetly be the Monday afternoon.

Having said that...The League Cup final in 2007 was the Sunday, which I still found strange...!

But if it is the Sunday they better prepared for thousands of people standing stunned... :greengrin

If it is the Monday then I think people will still be drunk... I have told the other half if we win then I will not be seen for weeks...! Her reply? "It is only Hibs and a cup... :rolleyes:"

Hibs07p
20-04-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm not one for tempting fate, but if we bring that big silver shiny thing back to Edinburgh, there will be a riot if it's not paraded through the streets of Leith, there and then, IMHO. :greengrin

GGTTH

lyonhibs
20-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Bit unfortunate to those fans travelling from around the world and may have head home during the week.

Exactly. Away and not talk pish (the OP this is). It'll be the Sunday night. If not. the Monday.

Either way, I'll be wrecked, and stumbling onto my plane back to Zurich in an advanced state of euphoria.

sleeping giant
20-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Got to be the Sunday night !

ruthven_raiders
20-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Exactly. Away and not talk pish (the OP this is). It'll be the Sunday night. If not. the Monday.

Either way, I'll be wrecked, and stumbling onto my plane back to Zurich in an advanced state of euphoria.

Talking pish oh for fek sake I took my 2 yr old and 7 yr old to the semi they will be 3 and 8 when they are go to the final. So talking pish don't think so;o) also last year Jambos in our street had flags over there trees horns blasting on way to Sunday celebrations and on way back.

Ryan91
20-04-2013, 08:56 PM
The celebrations/parade will take place on the Monday as far I'm aware.

League Cup parades are held on the night of the final. Scottish Cup parades are always held the day after as it's traditionally a Saturday when the Scottish Cup Final is played.

However this year UEFA forced the SFA to move the SC Final to the Sunday so that it wouldn't interfere with the Champions League final on the Saturday night.

Kato
20-04-2013, 08:58 PM

Would anyone give a monkey's?

Hibernia Na Eir
20-04-2013, 09:05 PM
I've booked the Monday off already. JUST in case.
Will be hungover, win or lose anyway so a wise move.

ruthven_raiders
20-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Would anyone give a monkey's?

Probably not! so long as we win the bloody thing! Lol

Chibs
20-04-2013, 09:10 PM
I've booked the Monday off already. JUST in case.
Will be hungover, win or lose anyway so a wise move.
I've booked the week off!
Does this make me an Über Fan or a Jakey.

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2013, 10:00 PM

Uberjakey :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
20-04-2013, 10:01 PM

Just hope we don't start erecting traffic cordons until after the game!

Purehibee_MYB
20-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Would like it to be the sunday as I'm off to Canada on the monday morning (hopefully having a terrible hangover on the way). But I wouldn't be too disheartened missing the hypothetical parade, as long as I'm there if we were to win it!

Twiglet
20-04-2013, 10:38 PM

I've got the whole week booked off too. Booked it last August as soon as the holiday book opened for this year. Might cancel a couple of days at the end of the week, but the 27th is definitely a day off for me.

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2013, 10:41 PM
We won't need a parade, I refuse to go to Hampden believing we can win.

Chibs
20-04-2013, 10:41 PM
Uberjakey :greengrin
It's Überjakey thank you very much.
If you think I spent a lifetime following hibs to be called a measly uberjakey then you ,sir ,are a cad.

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2013, 10:43 PM
It's Überjakey thank you very much.
If you think I spent a lifetime following hibs to be called a measly uberjakey then you ,sir ,are a cad.

It's late, my sincere apologies for failing to recognise your true status :greengrin

heretoday
20-04-2013, 10:50 PM
We won't be celebrating because we won't win the cup because we're ****.

Chibs
20-04-2013, 10:53 PM
It's late, my sincere apologies for failing to recognise your true status :greengrin
Apologises accepted.
Now can can I get back to my vintage (2013) buckfast

Hibrandenburg
20-04-2013, 10:54 PM

Pubs have closed then!

frazeHFC
20-04-2013, 10:55 PM
I need to travel up to Inverness leaving at 5.30am on the Monday morning. >_<

Jones28
20-04-2013, 10:56 PM
I think it's a shame that it won't be paraded on the Sunday night, the league cup parade was magic and can't imagine there being the same kind of atmosphere the following day.

hibee_girl
20-04-2013, 11:15 PM
I doubt they would do it on the Monday tbh, it's not a holiday in Edinburgh so kids will be at school, some people will be at work etc.

Sir David Gray
20-04-2013, 11:22 PM
It's going to be a difficult one.

Normally it's the day after the game that the winning team gets to parade the cup through their city/town. However normally the final is on a Saturday so the parade takes place on a Sunday when most people will still be off and able to attend.

This year the final is on a Sunday so the day after will be a weekday. I can't see them waiting a whole week before the parade takes place and I don't see it happening on the night of the game either.

I still think it will go ahead on the Monday afternoon, if we win.

Mon Dieu4
20-04-2013, 11:55 PM
if by some chance we do win it, im meant to be at work on the Monday, if i don't turn up everyone will know why and if i do turn up i will be the most drunk person in the history of the company

im snookered either way

CallumLaidlaw
21-04-2013, 01:17 AM
if by some chance we do win it, im meant to be at work on the Monday, if i don't turn up everyone will know why and if i do turn up i will be the most drunk person in the history of the company

im snookered either way

:agree: the parade is the least of my worries. If we win, I'll be amazed if I can even talk a few hours later

lord bunberry
21-04-2013, 02:31 AM

We're good enough to be in the final

Carheenlea
21-04-2013, 07:17 AM
If we were to win, any parade would have to be on return to Edinburgh that night. The atmosphere in Leith would be one of high emotion and elation, and a Cup Parade through that would live long in the memory.
I think a lot of us are dreaming more about parading the cup through Edinburgh rather than game itself, and looking at the task in hand, there is every likelihood that such dreams will remain just that.

Col2
21-04-2013, 07:32 AM
Sunday night from 8pm - 9.30pm and then stadium for an hour or so. Remember the sun won't go down until 9.38pm and it will be mild.

Either than or they do a 6pm job on Monday. Bank holiday, traffic quieter, gets most people available including kids.

hibs4thecup1988
21-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Sunday night from 8pm - 9.30pm and then stadium for an hour or so. Remember the sun won't go down until 9.38pm and it will be mild.

Either than or they do a 6pm job on Monday. Bank holiday, traffic quieter, gets most people available including kids.

I'd love it to be the sunday. If its confirmed the monday that will be the Tuesday booked off work too...

However, I think if its normal time, the sunday would be fine. Most fans would be in Edinburgh by 7pm. Time to go home drop the kids off and get to Easter road or a spot.

Hairs on back of my neck standing up at the thought of it. Sadly, as someone earlier said at this moment it is all a dream...fingers toes everything remain tightly crossed

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Couldn't be the week after players and staff will have holidays booked. Monday afternoon/tea-time please.

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-04-2013, 08:18 AM
I think any parade would be scheduled for Monday leaving City Chambers between 6-7pm.

Pretty Boy
21-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Don't care what day it is as long as we win the thing.

I'm off to Epsom for the Derby festival starting May 31st so have just extended my holidays forward and extra week to start Friday 24th. If we win I intend to party everyday between the Sunday and leaving for London on the Friday.

chrisski33
21-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Umm im sure something like this was discussed last year!

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Umm im sure something like this was discussed last year!

Probably - we were in the final last year as well. although it was more clear cut around when the parade would take place.

Lucius Apuleius
21-04-2013, 08:54 AM
IF Then Sunday please. Off back to Naija on the Tuesday. :flag:

pontius pilate
21-04-2013, 09:47 AM
I reckon it will be the Monday bearing in mind the Edinburgh marathon is being ran the day if the final. For the police logistically it could be a nightmare for the police etc. but then again with diversions already in place it may make more sense

DH1875
21-04-2013, 10:02 AM
I'd love it to be the sunday. If its confirmed the monday that will be the Tuesday booked off work too...

However, I think if its normal time, the sunday would be fine. Most fans would be in Edinburgh by 7pm. Time to go home drop the kids off and get to Easter road or a spot.

Hairs on back of my neck standing up at the thought of it. Sadly, as someone earlier said at this moment it is all a dream...fingers toes everything remain tightly crossed

IF we win it, there's no chance every one will be in Edinburgh by 7pm. Id doubt even 3/4 of those at Hampden will be back by 7pm.

Keith_M
21-04-2013, 12:40 PM
IMHO, the most logical solution would be to hold the parade on the saturday, the day before the game.

That way it won't be spoiled, as usual, by the actual result :greengrin

SadiesBhoy AKA FannyBhoy
21-04-2013, 04:04 PM
If we win it.

oh come on now, be serious.:cb

Mikey
21-04-2013, 04:06 PM
If we win it.

You're a guest here. If you want to stay............ :wink:

Keith_M
21-04-2013, 04:09 PM
You're a guest here. If you want to stay............ :wink:

Where's the 'Lesser Green' mark of shame?

PerfectlyFranck
21-04-2013, 04:10 PM
If we win it.

Aye, I'd have put 'when' too, but it isn't as polite to Celtc fans.

:greengrin

Mikey
21-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Where's the 'Lesser Green' mark of shame?

:wink:

Franck Stanton
21-04-2013, 04:36 PM

Correct, had to wit until post #28 to see someone talking sense.

SadiesBhoy AKA FannyBhoy
21-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Eric.hibsfan

For God's sake develop some backbone. What chance do Hibs have if fans like you have no belief before you get there. Celtic beat Them 1-0 in 1989 with a SuperJoe Miller goal when we had absolutely no chance of winning according to everybody but our support. Eddie Turnbull's Aberdeen beat us 3-1 when they weren't given a snowball's chance in hell back in the 70s. It depends on how both teams perform on the day.
I'm hoping for an absolute cracker of a game like the two semis with, of course, a win for THe Hoops. Get behind your team and give SoL laldy on the big day.

Wheat Hound
21-04-2013, 04:50 PM
It is scheduled for the Sunday already.

Franck Stanton
21-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Eric.hibsfan

For God's sake develop some backbone. What chance do Hibs have if fans like you have no belief before you get there. Celtic beat Them 1-0 in 1989 with a SuperJoe Miller goal when we had absolutely no chance of winning according to everybody but our support. Eddie Turnbull's Aberdeen beat us 3-1 when they weren't given a snowball's chance in hell back in the 70s. It depends on how both teams perform on the day.
I'm hoping for an absolute cracker of a game like the two semis with, of course, a win for THe Hoops. Get behind your team and give SoL laldy on the big day.

Just being realistic, hope you enjoy your day out.

Pretty Boy
21-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Correct, had to wit until post #28 to see someone talking sense.

FFS really?

I've been as negative as anyone about the teamthe last few weeks. But to completely right us off before a ball has been kicked in a one off game against a team we have a decent record against this season is just absolutely unbelievable.

With friends like these and all that.

Franck Stanton
21-04-2013, 04:56 PM
FFS really?

I've been as negative as anyone about the teamthe last few weeks. But to completely right us off before a ball has been kicked in a one off game against a team we have a decent record against this season is just absolutely unbelievable.

With friends like these and all that.

Yes, REALLY

Pretty Boy
21-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Yes, REALLY

Lol.

Bet you're all moist at the thought of being to give us all a big told you so.

SadiesBhoy AKA FannyBhoy
21-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Cheers mate. I'm going out to celebrate Celtic's league win tonight. I'm hoping for a double with the cup but while I'll be disappointed if we lose it won't be the end of the world. I certainly won't grudge Hibs a cup win. That would mean 3 different teams winning the trophies. Armageddon!

Anyway I'll make a day of it one way or another.

In the spirit of Hibs supporters slagging me off about Celtic stealing YNWA and the Huddle and everything else from other people, do you mind if we sort of er, borrow Sunshine on Leith? I bloody love it.:flag:

Sir David Gray
21-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Cheers mate. I'm going out to celebrate Celtic's league win tonight. I'm hoping for a double with the cup but while I'll be disappointed if we lose it won't be the end of the world. I certainly won't grudge Hibs a cup win. That would mean 3 different teams winning the trophies. Armageddon!

In the spirit of Hibs supporters slagging me off about Celtic stealing YNWA and the Huddle and everything else from other people, do you mind if we sort of er, borrow Sunshine on Leith? I bloody love it.:flag:

Yes I do.

Find your own song. :bye:

SadiesBhoy AKA FannyBhoy
21-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Sunshine on Parkheid has a certain ring to it.

Franck Stanton
21-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Lol.

Bet you're all moist at the thought of being to give us all a big told you so.

Nope, I REALLY hope that I am completly wrong, really do, I HOPE we win the bloody thing, however.....I just cannae see us doing it. Now if that makes me a bad person/lesser fan in some peoples eyes then so be it. I am , just voicing my opinion, however, like most opinions, it doesn't mean it is fact. IF we do lose, I can assure you I will be as gutted as the next guy. Sorry if my opinion is like me swimming against the tide but it is genuinly how I feel.

Baldy Foghorn
21-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Of course we can win it.......

The player's attitude has to be spot on, and will take a performance from them that has not been seen for a while, however, in a one-off game, anything can happen....I just hope their are no regrets afterwards, and the player's give their all......If they give their all we can't ask for any more than that

hibeedonald
21-04-2013, 05:14 PM
It's very unlikely we will the cup, hate these threads.

Franck Stanton
21-04-2013, 05:15 PM

Apparrently you are not allowed to say that on these forums.

Sir David Gray
21-04-2013, 05:19 PM

I'm sure some Kilmarnock fans were saying exactly the same thing last season in the run up to the League Cup final.

Mikey
21-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Apparrently you are not allowed to say that on these forums.

If you weren't allowed to say it you wouldn't be here.

God Petrie
21-04-2013, 05:21 PM

Piss off with this patronising dross. I hope we hump your miserable disgusting little club on the 26th.

Baldy Foghorn
21-04-2013, 05:22 PM

Oh well, no point of us all going then.......Just give them the trophy now and save the time and energy.......:rolleyes:

Mikey
21-04-2013, 05:22 PM
I'm sure some Kilmarnock fans were saying exactly the same thing last season in the run up to the League Cup final.

Some folk just flatly refuse to back the club. They won't (that's WON'T, not can't) go to games. They won't say anything good about the club. They will shout down any positivity. They stick the boot in whenever the opportunity arises.

Col2
21-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Starting to doubt myself here as I was under the impression we were in a cup final against a team that we beat earlier in the season, therefore had a chance??

Oh wait, checked odd checker and most bookies have us 3-1 to win the cup. So yes we do have a chance then don't we. Jeez.

SadiesBhoy AKA FannyBhoy
21-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Pages McJake

OK Mr. Angry. I'm about to go out and celebrate our League win but I think that your chances of murdering us are between slim and none and slim just rode out of town.
In the immortal words of Big Arnie, however, James - I'll be Back.

SadiesBhoy AKA FannyBhoy
21-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Oh and before I go Pames (sorry for the errors in spelling your name previously, not intended) one thing we certainly are not and that is 'little'.

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-04-2013, 05:36 PM

A parade has to be organised well before the Final, so whether we win or not, there has to be plans in place for it in advance of the game. People are just asking when will a parade be IF we win the cup.

Given that this season's Final is on a Sunday it's a fair enough topic of conversation IMO as there are different options open rather than the normal Sunday afternoon after a Saturday game.

Pretty Boy
21-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Oh and before I go Pames (sorry for the errors in spelling your name previously, not intended) one thing we certainly are not and that is 'little'.

You could maybe tell us how many fans you took to Seville as proof of just how big you are.

No Celtc fan has ever mentioned that to anyone before.

Baldy Foghorn
21-04-2013, 05:48 PM

I find it quite sad, that on the day your team clinches the title, you are on another teams fan's website......Is that how the "big boys" celebrate??

Just to keep you in check, never forget how your club was formed, and remember if it was not for us, you would all be huns:cb

Sir David Gray
21-04-2013, 05:51 PM
You could maybe tell us how many fans you took to Seville as proof of just how big you are.

No Celtc fan has ever mentioned that to anyone before.

I think the figure had risen to 2 million the last time I spoke to a Celtic fan.

I think they're still in the process of flying them all back home again.

Frazerbob
21-04-2013, 05:52 PM

Your semi final support last week certainly was little.

LTWF

FranckSuzy
21-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Where's Jack Regan when you need him? Thought we'd kept him as a pet :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
21-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Where's Jack Regan when you need him? Thought we'd kept him as a pet :rolleyes:

He and Shaun Lawson are otherwise engaged at the moment in a 'most boring fud in the world' competition.

Franck Stanton
21-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Your semi final support last week certainly was little.

LTWF

You really think so ? 18,000 for a semi-final with an early kick off and live on the tv was, imo, a decent support.
Silly me, you were refferring to the fact they weren't very tall, here was me thinking you were slagging the ammount of fans that attended.

marinello59
21-04-2013, 06:08 PM
You really think so ? 18,000 for a semi-final with an early kick off and live on the tv was, imo, a decent support.

In their own city? How many season ticket holders do they have? It was a poor turn out by them.

Baldy Foghorn
21-04-2013, 06:09 PM
In their own city? How many season ticket holders do they have? It was a poor turn out by them.

Especially when you consider they are the self proclaimed "greatest fans in the World"

FranckSuzy
21-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Silly me, you were refferring to the fact they weren't very tall, here was me thinking you were slagging the ammount of fans that attended.

It didn't affect our support :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
21-04-2013, 06:16 PM

i think you've maybe picked it up wrong :wink: having said that, anyone calling celtc a 'little' club is just ermmm plain silly:rolleyes: hopefully one day oor hibs will be one of those 'little' clubs, along with 'little' success :greengrin

hibeedonald
21-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Some folk just flatly refuse to back the club. They won't (that's WON'T, not can't) go to games. They won't say anything good about the club. They will shout down any positivity. They stick the boot in whenever the opportunity arises.

Actually I've been to every round of the cup so far, cheering on the team from the start where it makes a difference. Being realistic on a message board however, I guess that means I'm a terrible supporter.

Franck Stanton
21-04-2013, 06:26 PM
i think you've maybe picked it up wrong :wink: having said that, anyone calling celtc a 'little' club is just ermmm plain silly:rolleyes: hopefully one day oor hibs will be one of those 'little' clubs, along with 'little' success :greengrin

Oops, really grabbed the wrong end of the stick, - thought this was directed at the Hibs support, silly me. Apologies for being so thick.

MSK
21-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Oops, really grabbed the wrong end of the stick, - thought this was directed at the Hibs support, silly me. Apologies for being so thick.No need tae apologise ..

cabbageandribs1875
21-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Oops, really grabbed the wrong end of the stick, - thought this was directed at the Hibs support, silly me. Apologies for being so thick.

join the club :thumbsup:

Frazerbob
21-04-2013, 07:10 PM

18000 from us, twice our usual home crowd, was superb. 18000 for them, a third of their usual home crowd, was pathetic.

Franck Stanton
21-04-2013, 07:28 PM
18000 from us, twice our usual home crowd, was superb. 18000 for them, a third of their usual home crowd, was pathetic.

As previously stated, got wrong end of stick, I thought the poster was having a go at the Hibs fans - hence my post, seems I was wrong and the post was directed at the smellies, so, just for the record and to avoid any more confusion - 18,000 HIBS fans turning up for the early kick off when game was live on the tv was exceptional and I applaud each and every one that did go.

hibs4thecup1988
21-04-2013, 09:09 PM
I know people don't agree with this but hey ho...

I seriously feel people who say "oh we won't win there is no chance" blah blah blah I think they are part of the reason we don't. We need a positive mental attitude at the club. From fans to the guys that make the pies. Look at hearts fans when they are due play us...they always think they will beat us and it translates to the pitch.

Therefore....

WE CAN WE WILL WIN THAT TROPHY ON MAY 26th!!!

Kato
21-04-2013, 09:22 PM

I seriously feel people who say "oh we won't win there is no chance" blah blah blah I think they are part of the reason we don't. We need a positive mental attitude at the club. From fans to the guys that make the pies. Look at hearts fans when they are due play us...they always think they will beat us and it translates to the pitch.

Therefore....

Did we not try all that positive thinking ***** last year? Did that particular type of "confidence" help the Jambos against (It's only) St Mirren?

The reason Hearts fans, in recent times, think they will beat us is because for the last 8 or 9 years they have spent 5-6 times we do on wages (probably illegally) so have had every right to be confident - the fact we've beaten them at all in that era is commendable. If you were around from the late 60's to the early 80's you'd remember a time when Hearts beating Hibs was unthinkable, in fact laughable. Swings and roundabouts - that particular roundabout is in the process of changing.

I am, as I was last year, very happy to have another dash in another Cup Final and proud of the club for reaching it. Only two teams now have a chance to win and we are one of them. Anything can happen on the day but urging people to "be positive" on a football message is superstitious clap-trap. I'll save my "positive energy" for having a good long sing-song on the day.

SadiesBhoy AKA FannyBhoy
21-04-2013, 09:49 PM
I'm back and I'd just like to say to happy Hibbee that it is not helpful to a Tim who is celebrating a 44th Championship win to post a woman with two sets of eyes and two pair of lips. I was already seeing double.

To the following posters:Pames McJake, Pretty Boy, Baldy Foghorn, Falkirk Hibbee and AberGreen, I say

I laugh in your face I spit in your eye. You are more pathetic than Pathetico Madrid. Here's why.

Pames. Why so aggressive. Patronising? I love football not just Celtic. I have watched and admired many teams during my 60+ years on this planet. Some of their supports I despise and some I admire for a whole variety of reasons. Dedication to their team etc in the face of adversity, great songs, great backing, humour etc. You and your type wouldn't allow people like me to enjoy the game for the love of it. You live in a small world. Celtic caused all your problems in life and you're not going to allow us to forget it. Your problem is you really know nothing about Celtic supporters. We have slightly more European experience than Hibs and our fans actually try to make friends with supporters of the opposition and go for a pint, shoot the breeze etc and generally talk about football.

Pretty Boy and Falkirk Hibbee. Seville was 10 years ago. Who cares how many were there. I wasn't although I had two tickets which I had to give to my pals. I don't know how many were there but I think that we can agree it was a lot. The chip wrappers say between 60k and 100k. That's good enough for me. What isn't is that we got beat.

Baldy Foghorn. You think that it says something about me that I'm on another teams forum on the night that Celtic won the championship. Let me tell you that I'm not one of the jakeys or uber jakeys that lurk at the Fit of the Walk. I can multi-task. I normally frequent CelticQuickNews (CQN) and I was ahead of the posts on there s to keep me going while I was waiting to go out to celebrate I decided to visit this blog because we are due to meet Hibernian FC in an important game next month.

Historically. Let me tell some of the ultra aggressive guys on here that under no circumstances whatsoever would any of today's Celtic supporters be Huns today if Celtic never existed. To even make such a claim is to signal that you are a tube with a low intellect.

On another matter there is an important piece of information that I would really like to share with all of you. You may not be aware of it but there is no Celtic supporter alive today who was around in 1887 when Brother Walfrid held his meeting in St. Mary's, Calton to initiate the forming of a football club. We are not to blame for the Celtic people of those days purloining the services of 5 of your star players. I am certainly not proud that they did so and of how it caused Hibs FC such problems but as Celtic End said on here the other day you need to get over it. It was 125 years ago. I'm figuring that I'm probably the oldest poster on this site. You lads need to move on. Instead of hating everyone (Celtic, Huns, Diet Huns) you need to focus on Hibs and how they can be made into a club which challenges for trophies on a regular basis. You've had your Famous 5, Stanton X1 and you need to do your bit to help come up with the next great Hibs team.

Regarding the numbers of Celtic supporters at the Cup semi finals. I am not trying to patronise you when I say that we have won the Scottish Cup a record number of times (35) and played in more finals than any other club (as far as I'm aware). This may seem like sacrilege to Hibs supporters to whom it seems that winning the SC is the Holy Grail - the Scottish Cup is not nearly so important to Celtic supporters. Sure we love to win it but it is not our priority. The League title is our Holy Grail, the gateway to Europe and the CL. The Cup becomes important to us if we lose the League or if it forms part of a double or treble for us.

I would like to end by saying that these comments are not directed to all Hibbees on this blog merely to the posters I named above. I was enjoying the thread earlier in the evening and found some of the comments very humorous until the comments appeared from those above. If some of you were to go far enough back on CelticQuickNews you would find Celtic supporters posting links to Hibs fans singing SoL after your 5-1 League Cup Final win and in pubs and at other games. You really should realise that admiration for some of the things that you do is not the same as trying to ingratiate themselves with you.

I will repeat, I'm looking forward to the Cup Final beacuse it is Celtic against Hibs rather than us against Dunfermline, Motherwell. The Diet Huns or the Full Fat Huns and I hope for a great game of open football, plenty of goals , a full house and both clubs' anthems belted out as loudly as possible to create a great (but not hostile) atmosphere.

Rant over as they say.

Pretty Boy
21-04-2013, 09:54 PM
I'm back and I'd just like to say to happy Hibbee that it is not helpful to a Tim who is celebrating a 44th Championship win to post a woman with two sets of eyes and two pair of lips. I was already seeing double.

To the following posters:Pames McJake, Pretty Boy, Baldy Foghorn, Falkirk Hibbee and AberGreen, I say

I laugh in your face I spit in your eye. You are more pathetic than Pathetico Madrid. Here's why.

Pames. Why so aggressive. Patronising? I love football not just Celtic. I have watched and admired many teams during my 60+ years on this planet. Some of their supports I despise and some I admire for a whole variety of reasons. Dedication to their team etc in the face of adversity, great songs, great backing, humour etc. You and your type wouldn't allow people like me to enjoy the game for the love of it. You live in a small world. Celtic caused all your problems in life and you're not going to allow us to forget it. Your problem is you really know nothing about Celtic supporters. We have slightly more European experience than Hibs and our fans actually try to make friends with supporters of the opposition and go for a pint, shoot the breeze etc and generally talk about football.

Pretty Boy and Falkirk Hibbee. Seville was 10 years ago. Who cares how many were there. I wasn't although I had two tickets which I had to give to my pals. I don't know how many were there but I think that we can agree it was a lot. The chip wrappers say between 60k and 100k. That's good enough for me. What isn't is that we got beat.

Baldy Foghorn. You think that it says something about me that I'm on another teams forum on the night that Celtic won the championship. Let me tell you that I'm not one of the jakeys or uber jakeys that lurk at the Fit of the Walk. I can multi-task. I normally frequent CelticQuickNews (CQN) and I was ahead of the posts on there s to keep me going while I was waiting to go out to celebrate I decided to visit this blog because we are due to meet Hibernian FC in an important game next month.

Historically. Let me tell some of the ultra aggressive guys on here that under no circumstances whatsoever would any of today's Celtic supporters be Huns today if Celtic never existed. To even make such a claim is to signal that you are a tube with a low intellect.

On another matter there is an important piece of information that I would really like to share with all of you. You may not be aware of it but there is no Celtic supporter alive today who was around in 1887 when Brother Walfrid held his meeting in St. Mary's, Calton to initiate the forming of a football club. We are not to blame for the Celtic people of those days purloining the services of 5 of your star players. I am certainly not proud that they did so and of how it caused Hibs FC such problems but as Celtic End said on here the other day you need to get over it. It was 125 years ago. I'm figuring that I'm probably the oldest poster on this site. You lads need to move on. Instead of hating everyone (Celtic, Huns, Diet Huns) you need to focus on Hibs and how they can be made into a club which challenges for trophies on a regular basis. You've had your Famous 5, Stanton X1 and you need to do your bit to help come up with the next great Hibs team.

Regarding the numbers of Celtic supporters at the Cup semi finals. I am not trying to patronise you when I say that we have won the Scottish Cup a record number of times (35) and played in more finals than any other club (as far as I'm aware). This may seem like sacrilege to Hibs supporters to whom it seems that winning the SC is the Holy Grail - the Scottish Cup is not nearly so important to Celtic supporters. Sure we love to win it but it is not our priority. The League title is our Holy Grail, the gateway to Europe and the CL. The Cup becomes important to us if we lose the League or if it forms part of a double or treble for us.

I would like to end by saying that these comments are not directed to all Hibbees on this blog merely to the posters I named above. I was enjoying the thread earlier in the evening and found some of the comments very humorous until the comments appeared from those above. If some of you were to go far enough back on CelticQuickNews you would find Celtic supporters posting links to Hibs fans singing SoL after your 5-1 League Cup Final win and in pubs and at other games. You really should realise that admiration for some of the things that you do is not the same as trying to ingratiate themselves with you.

I will repeat, I'm looking forward to the Cup Final beacuse it is Celtic against Hibs rather than us against Dunfermline, Motherwell. The Diet Huns or the Full Fat Huns and I hope for a great game of open football, plenty of goals , a full house and both clubs' anthems belted out as loudly as possible to create a great (but not hostile) atmosphere.

Rant over as they say.

Cool story handsome.

Hibeesb0unc3
21-04-2013, 09:58 PM

Therefore....

Although i can see you point, after the past few poor season and that fateful day last may it is hard to be optimistic about hibs

SadiesBhoy AKA FannyBhoy
21-04-2013, 10:18 PM
FalkirkHibbee

While I'm in the mood, I would also like to inform you that Celtic was not exclusively set up for the Irish Catholic poor. The people in most immediate need of relief happened to be the Irish, Catholic poor of 3 parishes in the East End of Glasgow. However, while most people wanted to call the new football team Glasgow Hibernian or Shamrock or Harp. Brother Walfrid decided on Celtic as it was a name that applied to both the Scottish and Irish population. He hoped that it would build a bridge between the two peoples. No one was turned away from from the soup kitchens irrespective of their religion.

The trouble in the West only started when a Scottish Newspaper (The Express?) pointed to the success of The Irishmen (Celtic's early nickname) and threw down a challenge for a Scottish team to stand up to them. Well we all know who took up the challenge. Zombie FC, the Sons of William, the Full Fat Huns etc etc.

gorgie greens
21-04-2013, 10:26 PM
for me its got to be the Sunday or monday at the latest as i will be back home on the monday night

hibs4thecup1988
21-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Although i can see you point, after the past few poor season and that fateful day last may it is hard to be optimistic about hibs

Believe me, for having a season ticket the last 5 years I know how difficult it can be. Just hoping we can do it. Has to be either us or celtc. So why not us?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-04-2013, 10:34 PM
How good would it be if no-one quotes or responds to the bigots posts?

Starve him of oxygen, as it were...

Kato
21-04-2013, 10:34 PM
FalkirkHibbee
No one was turned away from from the soup kitchens irrespective of their religion.

This sounds interesting. Where can I read about these soup kitchens?

JeMeSouviens
21-04-2013, 10:36 PM

Ach away you go. You even sing it yourselves, "soldiers are wee". :rolleyes:

SadiesBhoy AKA FannyBhoy
21-04-2013, 10:54 PM
FalkirkHibbee

Read any of the books on the History of Celtic. Google them.

I don't actually think you are a Hibbee at all. Your posts suggest that you are just another Hun without the bus fare.

Good night all.

Championees, championees ave! ave! ave!

See you all on cup final day. My hope is that Celtic score early and score often - at least one more time than Hibs.

SadiesBhoy AKA FannyBhoy
21-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Apologies to FalkirkHibbee. Kato - read those books.

Kato
21-04-2013, 11:00 PM
FalkirkHibbee

I don't actually think you are a Hibbee at all. Your posts suggest that you are just another Hun without the bus fare.

Good night all.

See you all on cup final day. My hope is that Celtic score early and score often - at least one more time than Hibs.

I was hoping for something more specific, like many Celtc fans on here in the past I was hoping for too much.

Can anyone supply this geezer with a mouth diaper?

Kato
21-04-2013, 11:03 PM
Apologies to FalkirkHibbee. Kato - read those books.

Apologies to FalkirkHibbee for you getting him mixed up with me or apologies for calling him a Hun?

I have read a few books on Celtc, they are a bit contrary on that matter. Any one in particular talk about setting up Soup Kitchens, how they were run, how long they were run for?

Sir David Gray
21-04-2013, 11:05 PM
If I was actually at all interested in your club then I might just do that.

As it happens, I would rather stick pins in my eyes than read anything about Celtic FC.

FranckSuzy
21-04-2013, 11:17 PM
FalkirkHibbee

Good night all.

You just couldn't manage it, could you? All this pseudo 'let's be friends' crap and then, bang, you come out with this. You then have the audacity to question the integrity of posters on here. Sad, very, very sad.

PerfectlyFranck
21-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Is that admin at the wind-up or do they actually let him/her drool over the forum?

It'd be embarrassing if it is genuine, typing out an essay [that I won't even bother to read] when they've just won the league. :rolleyes:

SadiesBhoy AKA FannyBhoy
21-04-2013, 11:33 PM
For the sake of clarity and from one football supporter to another, My sincere apologies to FalkirkHibbee for calling you a Hun without the bus fare. I am sorry that I let my anger get the better of me. I do not apologise to anyone for fighting my team's corner in the face of adversity.

Kato, I will try to get more precise references for you. The correct term for soup kitchens in this particular context may have been soup tables. I don't have these facts at my fingertips but as I say I'll do my best to point you in the right direction.

Starve me of oxygen if you will and remain parochial till the end of time. How will we find out the true story about anything if we don't maintain a dialogue with each other.

I'll leave you guys to it.

Kato
21-04-2013, 11:42 PM
and remain parochial till the end of time.

Patronising waffle.

SadiesBhoy AKA FannyBhoy
21-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Franck

What is wrong with me saying that Celtic score at least one more time than Hibs. I said earlier that I hoped it would be a high scoring game and that we - Celtic - win. No pseudo crap about it. I also said that I wouldn't grudge Hibs a win. Don't let your anger get the better of you like I did with FH. You took out of it what you wanted as I did with Kato's post and I mistakenly had a go at FalkirkHibbee.

JohnStephens91
21-04-2013, 11:57 PM
I hate Celtic. Why was a Smelly even let on the forum? Seems like a total roasted jobby.

As I said to a Celtic fan on my Facebook earlier that I had to block after he called me a 'bell end' and a '*****' for suggesting that Celtic and Rangers play the bigotry card to earn money. They treat it as 'happy Irish' and 'happy British' fare when merchandising it and promoting the values of their clubs when they know fine well what sort of people follow their clubs. They pander to the sectarian bile and make little effort to stop it as it is a massive cash cow for both the teams. It is all fine and dandy then the two clubs meet and it sparks off an explosion of vile filth that I am glad my club is not associated with and sometimes this explosion carries cries of 'Billy Boys' and 'Oooo ah up the Ra' which is despicable.

Celtic and Rangers both bend over backwards to accommodate the sectarian support base they have. Just listen to the song choices at Celtic Park - almost every single one is faux Irish and sung by a diehard Celtic fan from Fort William or some other crap. Yes it may not seem like a thing, but all it is doing is conditioning another set of fans to be part of the 'Irish' hoard that is Celtic Football Club and teaches them nothing but to love Ireland and hate Britain and by doing this it makes them pathologically hate Rangers to a massive extent. This only breeds violence and hatred.

Both clubs are a cancer.

SadiesBhoy AKA FannyBhoy
22-04-2013, 12:03 AM
Kato

OK you win. Bad old Celtic are to blame for all of Hibs problems. We stole your players and we stole Jock Stein, Pat Stanton, Pat MCGinlay, Broonie, Derek Riordan, Ulrik Laursen, Gary Caldwell etc.
The fact that Celtic are bigger than Hibs today is all of the fault of the big, bad bigoted Celtic support. No money ever exchanged hands and Hibs were not compensated in any case whatsoever.

It is also the fault of the Celtic supporters that Glasgow is a much larger city than Edinburgh and that there was a much larger Irish population there than in Edinburgh which led to Celtic becoming a bigger club through the passage of time. I've come on here to try and learn a bit about the modern Hibs support compared to the Hibs support I engaged with when I was younger. I haven't really encountered anything I didn't expect and I was well warned after my first post.p
Some of you might find it instructive to to trawl a Celtic message board like CQN when they are having a songs debate, a poppy debate or discussing the Catholic Church. You might find that the modern Celtic support are not comprised of a shower of Catholic Irish bigots but have undergone as much change as the Hibs support through these sage of time.

SadiesBhoy AKA FannyBhoy
22-04-2013, 12:25 AM
Salt and Sauzee

I can't let that go without reply.
Why is it O.K. For expatriate Scots to form St. Andrew's Clubs and Caledonian Societies whenever they emigrate but it is not alright for Irish people and their descendants to try and maintain their culture when they live in Scotland. After the Highland Clearances it was common practice for those Highlanders who moved to Glasgow to meet up under the bridge outside Central Station in Argyle Street which became known as the Heiland Man's Umbrella. They wanted to meet with people whom they were familiar with and keep up their traditions. Like most Celtic supporters I come from an Irish background. Clubs like Hibs, Celtic, Dundee Hibernian etc gave men of Irish descent a place to congregate and talk about what they had in common. For the women they took their daughters to Irish dancing which is still popular. It is a cultural thing.
What is it you find so wrong about faux Irish songs. Most of the songs I have heard at CP down through the years have been real Irish songs.

At weddings and funerals when I was growing up the older people sang Irish songs like The Rose of Tralee, The Homes of Donegal, I'll Take You Home AGain Kathleen etc. Celtic didn't ban Protestants from playing for us. We didn't form Orange Lodges to keep anyone in their proper place.
pSo go ahead keep on calling us bigots. Oh and it wasn't Celtic who cheated every Scottish Club in Scottish football with EBTs.

Celtic is not the other side of an Old Firm coin. There is no Old Firm. Rangers no longer exist.

Kato
22-04-2013, 12:40 AM
Kato

OK you win. Bad old Celtic are to blame for all of Hibs problems. We stole your players and we stole Jock Stein, Pat Stanton, Pat MCGinlay, Broonie, Derek Riordan, Ulrik Laursen, Gary Caldwell etc.
The fact that Celtic are bigger than Hibs today is all of the fault of the big, bad bigoted Celtic support. No money ever exchanged hands and Hibs were not compensated in any case whatsoever.

It is also the fault of the Celtic supporters that Glasgow is a much larger city than Edinburgh and that there was a much larger Irish population there than in Edinburgh which led to Celtic becoming a bigger club through the passage of time. I've come on here to try and learn a bit about the modern Hibs support compared to the Hibs support I engaged with when I was younger. I haven't really encountered anything I didn't expect and I was well warned after my first post.p
Some of you might find it instructive to to trawl a Celtic message board like CQN when they are having a songs debate, a poppy debate or discussing the Catholic Church. You might find that the modern Celtic support are not comprised of a shower of Catholic Irish bigots but have undergone as much change as the Hibs support through these sage of time.

?? I couldn't give a monkeys what Celtc fans discuss on their sites. Doesn't bother or interest me in the slightest unless they are spreading lies abou Hibernian FC, which happens from time to time.

hibbysam
22-04-2013, 12:59 AM
Kato

Yiip Hibernian FC received a hell of a lot of compensation for Derek riordan... Oh wait no we never as you's coaxed a certain mr riordan into sitting tight til you's didn't have to pay any compo!!

Your club, just like your other arse cheek are vile!! That's a fact and if you try telling me that no bigotry exists at Celtic park your more deluded than any rangers fan I've ever met... At least they admit to their problem...

Kato
22-04-2013, 01:09 AM
Just to note: The "Soup Kitchens" set-up by Celtc have shrunk to "Soup Tables" within a couple of posts. I confidently predict they'll shrink further to "Soup Spoons" before this thread is done and further, that we'll be "educated" about how Harry Swan was an Orange-man, Hibs have "lost" their "Irish" roots and that there is nothing bigoted about IRA songs.

Wafflers like this are ten-a-penny but always imagine they have something unique to tell Hibs fans. Saying that this one is a real biter.

Eyrie
22-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Just more of the usual patronising claptrap from a Septic supporter who thinks that there should be an affinity between the two clubs. For the avoidance of doubt, there isn't and Septic have more in common with Sevco Huns than they do with us.

Matty_Jack04
22-04-2013, 05:29 PM

Naaaaah I'm no reading this properly, a Celtic supporter telling us to get with the times :rolleyes:

snooky
22-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Just more of the usual patronising claptrap from a Septic supporter who thinks that there should be an affinity between the two clubs. For the avoidance of doubt, there isn't and Septic have more in common with Sevco Huns than they do with us.

Radical, but so true. :agree:

Skanko79
22-04-2013, 05:40 PM
its the sunday bus drivers names in the hat for the open top bus

anyway, back on topic i love how everyone just ignored this guys post.

its the sunday night folks.

ruthven_raiders
22-04-2013, 05:57 PM
anyway, back on topic i love how everyone just ignored this guys post.

its the sunday night folks.

Thread went on a tangent usually happens lol Sunday nigh it is sure it will be officially announced well before the final and I'm not tempting fate as we haven't won it for a while so let's be positive that we have a chance of winning this. Also I used to be superstitious going to finals but now I just ignore them all and what the hell lets go and enjoy😉 my kids will be coming straight back with us from hampden and hopefully we will be heading into town rather than onto the by pass!

Skanko79
22-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Thread went on a tangent usually happens lol Sunday nigh it is sure it will be officially announced well before the final and I'm not tempting fate as we haven't won it for a while so let's be positive that we have a chance of winning this. Also I used to be superstitious going to finals but now I just ignore them all and what the hell lets go and enjoy my kids will be coming straight back with us from hampden and hopefully we will be heading into town rather than onto the by pass!

it was arranged for the same day after the final last year, and the last time we played celtic in the final it was arranged for the same day.

just enjoy the day with your kids mate, hopefully we bring the cup back :thumbsup:

DH1875
22-04-2013, 07:50 PM
it was arranged for the same day after the final last year, and the last time we played celtic in the final it was arranged for the same day.

just enjoy the day with your kids mate, hopefully we bring the cup back :thumbsup:

I'll be amazed IF we win it that even half of our fans make it back to Edinburgh for 7pm.

Baldy Foghorn
22-04-2013, 10:53 PM

Rant over as they say.

I might be a tube as you say, but I do not have a low intellect, thanks all the same.....

Patronising drivel.......And when we lift the Cup, I wont be anywhere near your fan's website......Nothing an old firm "fan" says has any importance to me, the sooner both cheeks of the same erse, join another league set up, the happier I will be....Oh wait, no-one else wants you, due to your excessive baggage, that follows you around.....

Alex Trager
23-04-2013, 12:39 PM
I might be a tube as you say, but I do not have a low intellect, thanks all the same.....

Patronising drivel.......And when we lift the Cup, I wont be anywhere near your fan's website......Nothing an old firm "fan" says has any importance to me, the sooner both cheeks of the same erse, join another league set up, the happier I will be....Oh wait, no-one else wants you, due to your excessive baggage, that follows you around.....
FACT
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=280238

Niffy
23-04-2013, 01:29 PM
"If we win it" right now , I can see it being a worse result than last year !

Borderhibbie76
23-04-2013, 03:36 PM
"If we win it" right now , I can see it being a worse result than last year !

Thats optimistic, you wont be wanting a cup final ticket then??

Niffy
23-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Thats optimistic, you wont be wanting a cup final ticket then??

No. I'm away that weekend.

SunshineOnLeith
23-04-2013, 04:12 PM
No. I'm away that weekend.

Enjoy your 'I told you so' posts if we do lose, you'll have a great laugh at the expense of those of us who are hopeful of Hibs winning a football match.

One Day Soon
23-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Salt and Sauzee

I can't let that go without reply.
Why is it O.K. For expatriate Scots to form St. Andrew's Clubs and Caledonian Societies whenever they emigrate but it is not alright for Irish people and their descendants to try and maintain their culture when they live in Scotland. After the Highland Clearances it was common practice for those Highlanders who moved to Glasgow to meet up under the bridge outside Central Station in Argyle Street which became known as the Heiland Man's Umbrella. They wanted to meet with people whom they were familiar with and keep up their traditions. Like most Celtic supporters I come from an Irish background. Clubs like Hibs, Celtic, Dundee Hibernian etc gave men of Irish descent a place to congregate and talk about what they had in common. For the women they took their daughters to Irish dancing which is still popular. It is a cultural thing.
What is it you find so wrong about faux Irish songs. Most of the songs I have heard at CP down through the years have been real Irish songs.

At weddings and funerals when I was growing up the older people sang Irish songs like The Rose of Tralee, The Homes of Donegal, I'll Take You Home AGain Kathleen etc. Celtic didn't ban Protestants from playing for us. We didn't form Orange Lodges to keep anyone in their proper place.
pSo go ahead keep on calling us bigots. Oh and it wasn't Celtic who cheated every Scottish Club in Scottish football with EBTs.

Celtic is not the other side of an Old Firm coin. There is no Old Firm. Rangers no longer exist.

After milking the Sectarian dividend for over 100 years it is hardly surprising that the advantage this has given to the two Ugly Sisters should have manifested in larger supports, greater revenues, the poaching of the best players from the other teams and the ability to field more expensive players season after season. In consequence these two malignant growths on the Scottish football body have also had the benefit of a football hierarchy run and rigged in their favour, television deals run and rigged in their favour, a voting structure run and rigged in their favour, gate money run and rigged in their favour and a refereeing cadre biased in their favour.

There is one reason and one reason only why the Ugly Sisters have had supporter clubs throughout Scotland and well beyond the geographical base of their home city - religion. Something which no other team in Scotland has had the benefit of because none of those other teams were the flag carriers for the two sides of the sectarian divide.

It has a been a revolting double act which is pretty much single-handedly responsible for the degradation of our game. And after loading the entire structure of the game in their favour these clubs have also had the nerve to complain that the standard of domestic competition has not been high enough to raise their own quality in advance of meeting European competition. Shameless self-interest and double standards does not even begin to describe it.

The only thing we should be hearing from both of the Ugly Sisters for the foreseeable future is a lengthy period of silence as they contemplate the damage they have done.

I will give Jock Stein and Jock Wallace their due for their remarkable European achievements.

However the outstanding achievements in Scottish football over the last 50 years are those of the likes of Jim McLean at Dundee Utd and Sir Alex Ferguson at Aberdeen, in the face of overwhelming odds and in spite of the financial circumstances.

Lucius Apuleius
23-04-2013, 04:24 PM
After milking the Sectarian dividend for over 100 years it is hardly surprising that the advantage this has given to the two Ugly Sisters should have manifested in larger supports, greater revenues, the poaching of the best players from the other teams and the ability to field more expensive players season after season. In consequence these two malignant growths on the Scottish football body have also had the benefit of a football hierarchy run and rigged in their favour, television deals run and rigged in their favour, a voting structure run and rigged in their favour, gate money run and rigged in their favour and a refereeing cadre biased in their favour.

There is one reason and one reason only why the Ugly Sisters have had supporter clubs throughout Scotland and well beyond the geographical base of their home city - religion. Something which no other team in Scotland has had the benefit of because none of those other teams were the flag carriers for the two sides of the sectarian divide.

It has a been a revolting double act which is pretty much single-handedly responsible for the degradation of our game. And after loading the entire structure of the game in their favour these clubs have also had the nerve to complain that the standard of domestic competition has not been high enough to raise their own quality in advance of meeting European competition. Shameless self-interest and double standards does not even begin to describe it.

The only thing we should be hearing from both of the Ugly Sisters for the foreseeable future is a lengthy period of silence as they contemplate the damage they have done.

I will give Jock Stein and Jock Wallace their due for their remarkable European achievements.

However the outstanding achievements in Scottish football over the last 50 years are those of the likes of Jim McLean at Dundee Utd and Sir Alex Ferguson at Aberdeen, in the face of overwhelming odds and in spite of the financial circumstances.

correct. LTTF. Reclaim the hoops. Bring them home.

Eyrie
23-04-2013, 07:15 PM

:top marks

Pedantic_Hibee
23-04-2013, 07:19 PM

Close the voting for Post of the Year 2013. Outstanding, ODS.

Niffy
23-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Enjoy your 'I told you so' posts if we do lose, you'll have a great laugh at the expense of those of us who are hopeful of Hibs winning a football match.

Oh I nurture eternal hope, but it's overblighted by a horrible realistic feeling.
I'll be cock-a-hoop as anyone should Hibs win.

But if the whole season form is anything to go by...

Then again... this season's cup results are different... but then again , Celtic's are just as good.

lord bunberry
23-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Oh I nurture eternal hope, but it's overblighted by a horrible realistic feeling.
I'll be cock-a-hoop as anyone should Hibs win.

But if the whole season form is anything to go by...

Then again... this season's cup results are different... but then again , Celtic's are just as good.

Why don't you just enjoy the fact that we're in the cup final, obviously celtic are overwhelming favorites but that would always have been the case. We will have the whole summer to reflect on how the season has gone, now is not the time for negativity

Chibs
23-04-2013, 10:59 PM
Why don't you just enjoy the fact that we're in the cup final, obviously celtic are overwhelming favorites but that would always have been the case. We will have the whole summer to reflect on how the season has gone, now is not the time for negativity
Correct.
:flag:

Braids Hibby
24-04-2013, 04:49 AM
Top post. All our focus has to be on the final we have got their the hard way and this Sellick team is beatable. I have a good feeling

DH1875
24-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Is anyone going to be staying in Glasgow or at least hanging about for a couple of hours after the game?

DH1875
24-04-2013, 10:45 PM
Is anyone going to be staying in Glasgow or at least hanging about for a couple of hours after the game?

Anyone?

FranckSuzy
24-04-2013, 10:46 PM
Anyone?

It will probably depend on the result :wink: :greengrin

SadiesBhoy AKA FannyBhoy
24-04-2013, 11:07 PM
DH1875

Yeah. Me!:aok:

silverhibee
24-04-2013, 11:29 PM
It will probably depend on the result :wink: :greengrin