PDA

View Full Version : NHC Partick Thistle promoted to the SPL

Sean1875
20-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Congrats to them, will be good to see them back. Always a lot of respect for their fans for not jumping on the Old-Firm bandwagon, they deserve it :agree:

down-the-slope
20-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Well done to Sean Welsh for his part in this - was really disappointed when he was let go after watching him star in U19's often in their glory season

heretoday
20-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Hurray Hurray! Up the Thistle. Good pies in that part of the city.

Saorsa
20-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Congrats to them, will be good to see them back. Always a lot of respect for their fans for not jumping on the Old-Firm bandwagon, they deserve it :agree::agree: Best team in the weege

seven nowt
20-04-2013, 04:22 PM
I do have respect for the club. Fans are great. Hope they do well, except against us ofcourse!

AllyF
20-04-2013, 04:28 PM
I live 10 minutes away from the stadium so am delighted at this outcome. In fact, I can often hear the cheers from my bedroom on a Saturday afternoon.

Looking forward to an away game on my doorstep.

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Yeh .. well done Partick & their supporters.

Got to respect any folk who resist the rancid allure of the sectarian sisters, pity they cant persuade more of their Weegie compatriots to see sense.

joe breezy
20-04-2013, 05:55 PM
I hate Partick Thistle v Hibs games, I think I've just been to one since I switched sides in 1985/86 :greengrin

I was in the Hibs end and people were singing the anti Glasgow songs and for once I didn't enjoy those songs...I've gone off them altogether anyway, there's plenty Hibs fans from all over, I suppose at one point they were a way to get one over the Old Firm fans

I suppose one of the most memorable Hibs v Thistle games I was at was when George Best played for Hibs. I hated that game too because Thistle got beat and my dad said, don't worry son you George Best play, he was right there...

Anyway, well done the Jags. I'm glad they survived financial turmoil and glad they are financially sound with a lot of fan involvement. Glasgow would be a better place with them and Queens Park being the football options.

yeezus.
20-04-2013, 07:07 PM
I live 10 minutes away from the stadium so am delighted at this outcome. In fact, I can often hear the cheers from my bedroom on a Saturday afternoon.

The closest I have to that is Kilmarnock - just the 63 miles away.

ian cruise
20-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Have a good few jags supporting friends so very happy for them. It'd be easy for them to support one of the ugly sisters but they aren't tempted by the dark side.

monktonharp
20-04-2013, 08:58 PM

Looking forward to an away game on my doorstep.so, what are you doing in your bedroom on a Saturday afternoon, at your age? yer Ma no gie ye any pocket money:greengrin

monktonharp
20-04-2013, 09:08 PM
I'm delighted that the Maryhill Magyars are back, have to say.i agree with most on this re-the Jags fans avoiding the OF. I don't know what capacity is at Firhill these days, and I'm sure at least one end has been shut for a while but I think they can accommodate our numbers easily. possibly 2-2.5k at most , although if we were to win a cup............who knows:greengrin

West hamBERNIAN
20-04-2013, 09:40 PM
I'll be glad to see that stadium again, was a great day getting promoted from the 1st division! Happy times :flag::flag:

GlesgaeHibby
20-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Delighted to see them back up. Used to enjoy going to the games when I stayed in Murano halls round the corner. Great set of fans, chuffed for them.

Sylar
20-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Aye, well done to them indeed. By far the most consistent team in the league and they play some nice stuff to boot :agree:

Watched them obliterate Livingston last month when Livi were flying high and playing some outstanding stuff.

A welcome return to the SPL - wonder how the new Glasgow derby will be marketed on TV next season :greengrin

Teuchter Hibbie
21-04-2013, 02:58 AM

Same for me, quite literally a stone's throw from Firhill. Be nice to watch the Hibees on my doorstep a couple of times a season.

DH1875
21-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Im another who stays near them. No idea so many other hibs fans stayed near by.
As for Thistle fans, I know a load of them. Mostly good guys but I remember when the Thistle fans attacked our supporters buses when they were stopped at traffic lights. Women and kids crapping themselves as the windows got put in. Fanny's.

joe breezy
21-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Im another who stays near them. No idea so many other hibs fans stayed near by.
As for Thistle fans, I know a load of them. Mostly good guys but I remember when the Thistle fans attacked our supporters buses when they were stopped at traffic lights. Women and kids crapping themselves as the windows got put in. Fanny's.

Poor show, when was that?

I remember being on a Thistle supporters bus in the 70s and the guys all saying that the windows might get put in when we got to Motherwell.

Football violence was part and parcel of football back then, thankfully better now. There are still Thistle casuals as there are with other teams but to hear of windows indiscriminately getting smashed in nowadays is surprising.

There are neds everywhere and obviously in North Glasgow too.

The Harp
21-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Well done the Jags! Good to see them back in the top flight. Had a few dodgy experiences wi' some of their fans many years ago whenever we visited Firhill, but they're probably deid now.:wink:
Can never forget the high terracing wall round the pitch and the legendary advert ... 'Firhill for Thrills - Johnson's for Rolls.'

DH1875
21-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Poor show, when was that?

I remember being on a Thistle supporters bus in the 70s and the guys all saying that the windows might get put in when we got to Motherwell.

Football violence was part and parcel of football back then, thankfully better now. There are still Thistle casuals as there are with other teams but to hear of windows indiscriminately getting smashed in nowadays is surprising.

There are neds everywhere and obviously in North Glasgow too.

I know, I live there :greengrin.

Would have been around 15 years ago I think. Trying to work it out :sairhead:. Def happened though, two buses got attacked and window were smashed. Thing I remember most about it is that the Thistle fans had baseball bats. Was in the papers as I think a couple of Hibs fans got hurt quite bad. Had a look online but can't see anything.