PDA

View Full Version : Clyde moving to EK

DH1875
20-04-2013, 02:18 PM
As it says on the tin. Confirmed that Clyde are moving to East Kilbride. Will be known as EK Clyde from next season. Anyone know where they will play, is there a stadium in EK?

Bishop Hibee
20-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Just heard this but no idea were they will play. They should have moved there after leaving Shawfield as many of their support base moved to EK when it was built. Dying at Cumbernauld so good luck to them at EK.

MSK
20-04-2013, 02:29 PM
As it says on the tin. Confirmed that Clyde are moving to East Kilbride. Will be known as EK Clyde from next season. Anyone know where they will play, is there a stadium in EK?New ground being built for them ..prob similar to the Spartans one ..:agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-04-2013, 04:10 PM
East Birklide FC?

vercol36
20-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Is their current ground the one you see on the train between Edinburgh and Glasgow? Near Croy station?

Aldo
20-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Is their current ground the one you see on the train between Edinburgh and Glasgow? Near Croy station?

Sure is

ian cruise
20-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Peel Park (Towards busby/eaglesham side of EK.) New stadium being built with showpark where East Kilbride thistle play likely being sold for flats.

PatHead
20-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Personally think it is wrong. They should have to apply to rejoin the league. They shouldn't be allowed to just move around the country. You can't tell me that they are the same club as the one that previously played in Glasgow and beat us in one of these ill fated Scottish Cup final trips.

ian cruise
20-04-2013, 08:44 PM
I live in EK but I don't think this is a good idea. There's not going to be any better crowd here than Albion Rovers get in Coatbridge. Too many die hard old firm fans. And a few hibees. I for one won't be giving up following Hibs to watch EK Clyde.

monktonharp
20-04-2013, 08:49 PM
best of luck to Clyde. cannae see it taking off dramatically but over a period of years they may make their mark.was in the auld "bully wee" supporters club in Rutherglen a few years back,with the Hibees on the way tae Hampden. think the number of fans have dwindled greatly of late though.typical of places like that when young guys think their auld man's "aff his heid" no bein a hun-tic.

monktonharp
20-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Personally think it is wrong. They should have to apply to rejoin the league. They shouldn't be allowed to just move around the country. You can't tell me that they are the same club as the one that previously played in Glasgow and beat us in one of these ill fated Scottish Cup final trips. are you saying you would not like HoMFC TO MOVE TO LIKESAY :greengrinCathkin Park and call themselves Third Coming of Westlothian or summit?:greengrin

Kato
20-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Could they not call themselves Excelsior East Kilbride Clyde, thus - "EEK! Clyde" (exclamation mark mine.)

PatHead
20-04-2013, 09:00 PM
are you saying you would not like HoMFC TO MOVE TO LIKESAY :greengrinCathkin Park and call themselves Third Coming of Westlothian or summit?:greengrin Zactly:cb

Hibernia Na Eir
20-04-2013, 09:03 PM
East Kilbride Clyde, kinda rhymes.

Poor name though. I'd have thought the 'EK' part renders the club name tacky.

monktonharp
20-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Could they not call themselves Excelsior East Kilbride Clyde, thus - "EEK! Clyde" (exclamation mark mine.) looks a bit jazzy. how's bout Clyde Athletic East Kilbride, or CAEK.?

jgl07
20-04-2013, 09:46 PM

Yes.

With it being vacant from next season it might solve the Savilles' problems?

Purple & Green
20-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Is there a tie in with EK thistle? Do they have a significant age group set up?

keithkeith
20-04-2013, 10:26 PM
The site will be at Langlands, just off the road out to Strathaven. Clyde will get a 4,000 seater stadium initially built for them, with plans to take it up to 10,000 (in order to host Scotland international U16s, U21s, etc).

The site will also have a social Club and training facilities, which the youth structure and 1st team can use for training.

The social Club and conference facilities can provide match and non-match day revenue for the Club.

A bold move, especially as this is the first decision like this in Scottish football to be voted for by the supporters(as owners).

A fantastic 82% turnout on the day & with proxies and a resounding 93%, 84% and 85% majority for the 3 resolutions.