PDA

View Full Version : Question Tickets for the final for an ex pat hibby and his aussie missus!

Big90inOz
20-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Heading over to the UK next month from oz and somehow organised it months in advance knowing we'd be in a cup final:wink:

Looking for two tickets to the scottish cup final preferably beside each other. There will be a decent drink in it!

Any help would be muchly appreciated!

:pfgwa

Keith_M
20-04-2013, 11:26 AM
You'll first need to provide proof of your 'Hibbyness'. At least two of the following

A) You sat through 90 minutes of last year's final.
B) Were a Bovver Boy in the old 'Cave'.
C) Have a Hibs badge tattoed on a part of your anatomy you would feel uncomfortable showing to your Mother In Law
D) Use to have a Season Ticket in the OLD North Stand
E) Run onto the pitch at each of Hibs title winning 1st Division games, in 1980 and 1989.
F) Run onto the pitch when Hibs clinched the 2nd Division title in 1933

Oh and takin a Burd tae the game? What are you thinkin? I'll bet she doesn't even know which team's which :wink:

Big90inOz
20-04-2013, 11:37 AM
You'll first need to provide proof of your 'Hibbyness'. At least two of the following

A) You sat through 90 minutes of last year's final.
B) Were a Bovver Boy in the old 'Cave'.
C) Have a Hibs badge tattoed on a part of your anatomy you would feel uncomfortable showing to your Mother In Law
D) Use to have a Season Ticket in the OLD North Stand
E) Run onto the pitch at each of Hibs title winning 1st Division games, in 1980 and 1989.
F) Run onto the pitch when Hibs clinched the 2nd Division title in 1933

Oh and takin a Burd tae the game? What are you thinkin? I'll bet she doesn't even know which team's which :wink:

a)I can confirm I sat through 70 minutes of late years final in Perth Australia. watching grown men greet in perth was enough!
b) I ll just say I was
c) I have a red kangaroo in the style of the qantas logo on my left man boob from thailand
d) I was only 4 and a bit when the old north stand went. Season ticket holder in the new north for the first 5 years
e and f) I have a jeep wrangler that I have just fitted a flux capacitor to. I have taken it to 88 miles an hour and just done all three. honest.:wink:

Hibs have a over 90% win rate when my missus watches the games on tv. She's a good omen

Keith_M
20-04-2013, 11:40 AM
a)I can confirm I sat through 70 minutes of late years final in Perth Australia. watching grown men greet in perth was enough!
b) I ll just say I was
c) I have a red kangaroo in the style of the qantas logo on my left man boob from thailand
d) I was only 4 and a bit when the old north stand went. Season ticket holder in the new north for the first 5 years
e and f) I have a jeep wrangler that I have just fitted a flux capacitor to. I have taken it to 88 miles an hour and just done all three. honest.:wink:

Hibs have a over 90% win rate when my missus watches the games on tv. She's a good omen

Dear God, will somebody PLEASE give this man two tickets!!!!!!!!!!

Big90inOz
20-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Dear God, will somebody PLEASE give this man two tickets!!!!!!!!!!

I can also confirm she has her own hibs top and as further proof 'hibbyness' in the family blood lines my dad(owner of this account' left my mum after she had gave birth to me to watch hibs play that afternoon. :flag:

Billy Whizz
20-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Buy a couple of tickets for the Aberdeen game on Monday, and you can win the right to buy 2 tickets in the draw

Big90inOz
20-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Buy a couple of tickets for the Aberdeen game on Monday, and you can win the right to buy 2 tickets in the draw

does it get you two guarenteed tickets or just names in a barrell? definetly will if it gets me them

Billy Whizz
20-04-2013, 11:52 AM
does it get you two guarenteed tickets or just names in a barrell? definetly will if it gets me them

Names in a barrel. Check out the official site. 100 pairs of tickets to be made available to walk up fans for the game.
Good luck

Big90inOz
20-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Names in a barrel. Check out the official site. 100 pairs of tickets to be made available to walk up fans for the game.
Good luck

Gave it a look, can only get the tickets delivered to a UK address, so unfortunetly I am back to square one and needing the kindness of a fellow Hibee!

1875Hibees
20-04-2013, 01:10 PM
No one that does not have a season ticket is guarenteed a ticket.

Big90inOz
20-04-2013, 01:15 PM
No one that does not have a season ticket is guarenteed a ticket.

not much point in me buying two season tickets for 2013/14 as I m in oz. may as well purchase two 200 quid hospitality packages that is a rip off

1875Hibees
20-04-2013, 01:26 PM
not much point in me buying two season tickets for 2013/14 as I m in oz. may as well purchase two 200 quid hospitality packages that is a rip offNot saying that you should buy season tickets but you cant just expect to be automatically granted two tickets. Me and my Dad didnt renew our season tickets this year for the first time in years and we know that because of that we may not get tickets. Thats even after attending over three quarters of the home games and about half of the away games this season.

Big90inOz
20-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Not saying that you should buy season tickets but you cant just expect to be automatically granted two tickets. Me and my Dad didnt renew our season tickets this year for the first time in years and we know that because of that we may not get tickets. Thats even after attending over three quarters of the home games and about half of the away games this season.

only asking what the go is and is there is a chance there is two tickets out there. dont expect special treatment. I ll go on ebay if I have to

Brooster
20-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Gave it a look, can only get the tickets delivered to a UK address, so unfortunetly I am back to square one and needing the kindness of a fellow Hibee!

Feel free to have them delivered to my house. Always willing to help. I've got a season ticket just in case you think I'm looking for a free ticket for the match.

Billy Whizz
20-04-2013, 01:42 PM

You can pick them up from the Hibs shop if your lucky in the draw on Monday night

Big90inOz
20-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Feel free to have them delivered to my house. Always willing to help. I've got a season ticket just in case you think I'm looking for a free ticket for the match.

I ve sent you a pm

hibee
20-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Don't you actually have to attend the Aberdeen game to be in the draw?

down-the-slope
20-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Don't you actually have to attend the Aberdeen game to be in the draw?

nope as its based on seat number / ticket purchase....

PerfectlyFranck
20-04-2013, 07:44 PM
only asking what the go is and is there is a chance there is two tickets out there. dont expect special treatment. I ll go on ebay if I have to

I doubt you'll see cup final tickets on eBay. Selling cup final tickets at face value on top of listing costs isn't very enticing.
There will probably be plenty for the Celtc end going for silly prices, but Hibs done a good job of cutting out ticket touters last year.

:wink:

Do hibs.net not have a spare ticket scheme where they try to get as many tickets to Hibbies as possible if they're going spare?
You could put your name down for that? Better chance doing that than the 'x' amount that will be posting more threads asking for tickets.

You could always try the Aberdeen game, get entered into the draw for 100 pairs of tickets. Like you said, better than paying for a ST or hospitality if you're not part of the priority sales.

Billy Whizz
20-04-2013, 07:46 PM
I doubt you'll see cup final tickets on eBay. Selling cup final tickets at face value on top of listing costs isn't very enticing.
There will probably be plenty for the Celtc end going for silly prices, but Hibs done a good job of cutting out ticket touters last year.

:wink:

Do hibs.net not have a spare ticket scheme where they try to get as many tickets to Hibbies as possible if they're going spare?
You could put your name down for that? Better chance doing that than the 'x' amount that will be posting more threads asking for tickets.

I think we did last year, but as the tickets aren't on sale yet, nothing for a few weeks yet!

Big90inOz
21-04-2013, 09:14 AM
I can confirm this is not my post but is in fact Hibby junior who woke up in Thailand with the before mentioned Qantas tattoo has blatantly taken my user name.
I travelled back last year with no doubts that we would definitely lift the cup that day, sadly the dream quickly died on the day.
I'm hoping I will qualify for a ticket based on my Hibs TV "season ticket" so junior may only need one ticket.
For some strange reason I will find myself in Bali this year when the Cabbage take the field and have serious doubts I will even get to see the game on TV. Imagine not realising we would make the final two years running