PDA

View Full Version : First Post!...... Hello Hibs.net....

Seven up
19-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Just a wee thought......If some Mystical figure appeared to you on the morning of May 19th last year and said "Hibs will win the Scottish Cup NEXT year BUT you have to live through a hammering by Hearts this year"...would you have taken it? Is the long term pain (in their eyes) of continued gloating worth it by winning the Cup!....I would say YES!...as I'm over any hurt caused by last years result...genuine post! GGTTH!:flag:

Purehibee_MYB
19-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Good luck mate! :tin hat:

FranckSuzy
19-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Sorry, but what a strange first post :confused:

clerriehibs
19-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Ltyf

Albanian Hibs
19-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Ltyf

Reaper
19-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Sniff Sniff. Funny smell.............

Baldy Foghorn
19-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Just a wee thought......If some Mystical figure appeared to you on the morning of May 19th last year and said "Hibs will win the Scottish Cup NEXT year BUT you have to live through a hammering by Hearts this year"...would you have taken it? Is the long term pain (in their eyes) of continued gloating worth it by winning the Cup!....I would say YES!...as I'm over any hurt caused by last years result...genuine post! GGTTH!:flag:

Genuine post you say, why would we have to endure the worst result in our history just to win it the following year???? I would have rather beaten the merrick's so that we could have bragging rights to end all bragging rights.....That day in May last year will stay with me forever.......

Hibs Class
Tiresome...

SteveHFC

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae247/Mainboy/Pleasing%20Gif%20against%20Hearts/jambo_zpsfda4f4e9.gif

clerriehibs
19-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Genuine post you say, why would we have to endure the worst result in our history just to win it the following year???? I would have rather beaten the merrick's so that we could have bragging rights to end all bragging rights.....That day in May last year will stay with me forever.......

I'm buying it as genuine ... I'm way over last year, and judging by our cup attendances, so are most Hibs fans.

surreyhibbie
19-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Sorry,you maybe a true Hibby, but as a first post that smacks of yam fud, 100%

I may be wrong but I doubt it.

#FromTheCapital
19-04-2013, 09:22 PM
http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae247/Mainboy/Pleasing%20Gif%20against%20Hearts/jambo_zpsfda4f4e9.gif

:top marks:faf:

LioNeilMessi
19-04-2013, 09:22 PM

:top marks

PerfectlyFranck
19-04-2013, 09:28 PM

I think the hypothetical he means is, would you rather have got beaten by the ****s and win the Scottish Cup the next season OR not won it at all if it meant avoiding the ****s beating us in the cup final?
(in other words neither side won the cup or both sides with ****s beating us then us beating Celtc)

Obviously it was painful and one of the biggest games we've played. However, the nature of last year's final (the team, situation of both sides and decisions), is completely void in my mind. People will claim that is bias, but it's just how I viewed the event/game.

The final coming up is far greater, for me.

Everyone accusing him of being a Jambo for asking a hypothetical that I was thinking of myself - not a great way to welcome a new poster… :yawn:

Pete
19-04-2013, 09:28 PM
They have nothing better to do.

iwasthere1972
19-04-2013, 09:29 PM
:fenlon :lolyam:

Seven up
19-04-2013, 09:31 PM
I'm buying it as genuine ... I'm way over last year, and judging by our cup attendances, so are most Hibs fans.

Thanks clerrie.....thankfully someone has taken the question for what it was...perhaps a little too ambitious for my first post...lesson learned!
While I agree that there's no getting away from their bragging rights I'm honestly not as fussed as some on here...We've had it for years...22 in a row, John Robertson blah blah.....defo winning the Cup this year especially after knocking them out first would shut up the whole 1902 thing...that's all i was trying to say.....albeit not very well!

Baldy Foghorn
19-04-2013, 09:31 PM
I think the hypothetical he means is, would you rather have got beaten by the ****s and win the Scottish Cup the next season OR not won it at all if it meant avoiding the ****s beating us in the cup final?
(in other words neither side won the cup or both sides with ****s beating us then us beating Celtc)

Obviously it was painful and one of the biggest games we've played. However, the nature of last year's final (the team, situation of both sides and decisions), is completely void in my mind. People will claim that is bias, but it's just how I viewed the event/game.

If indeed that is what the OP meant, he never made a very good job of saying it........

PerfectlyFranck
19-04-2013, 09:33 PM
If indeed that is what the OP meant, he never made a very good job of saying it........

He did actually, he expressed it quite simply.

Except everyone's knees went flying up when they seen someone mention Hearts. Quite sad really as it's a decent post.

Baldy Foghorn
19-04-2013, 09:34 PM
Thanks clerrie.....thankfully someone has taken the question for what it was...perhaps a little too ambitious for my first post...lesson learned!
While I agree that there's no getting away from their bragging rights I'm honestly not as fussed as some on here...We've had it for years...22 in a row, John Robertson blah blah.....defo winning the Cup this year especially after knocking them out first would shut up the whole 1902 thing...that's all i was trying to say.....albeit not very well!

Imagine lifting the Cup and beating your fiercest rivals in the Final....That is what could have happened last Year, it never, so the monkey on our back is carried over......Whenever we eventually win it, I hope the wait for the next win afterwards, is a lot shorter.....

Baldy Foghorn
19-04-2013, 09:35 PM
He did actually, he expressed it quite simply.

Except everyone's knees went flying up when they seen someone mention Hearts. Quite sad really as it's a decent post.

Is it?:confused:

clerriehibs
19-04-2013, 09:36 PM

errm ... you can stop now ... best to start with some good news story on the hibs ... or some bad news story on the yams

iwasthere1972
19-04-2013, 09:54 PM

What an absolute load of bollox. No way in hell would I have travelled through to Hampden last year knowing that we were going to get humped by them in a bargain with some mystical figure that we would win it this year. Jesus wept get real man.

Hypothetical or not it's a really stupid post and even dafter for being your first one. :hnet:

scuttle
19-04-2013, 10:03 PM
What an absolute load of bollox. No way in hell would I have travelled through to Hampden last year knowing that we were going to get humped by them in a bargain with some mystical figure that we would win it this year. Jesus wept get real man.

Hypothetical or not it's a really stupid post and even dafter for being your first one. :hnet:

This

Kenny1875
19-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Do one.

hibee_nation
19-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Give the guy some slack so what in his first post he managed to get in May 19th, hammered by hearts, long term pain, gloating and hurt. And just because he slipped in bragging rights, 22 in a row, John Robertson and 1902 in his second does not mean he is a yam fud no siree. :greengrin

fat freddy
19-04-2013, 10:11 PM
the best way to get through the difficult first 100 posts when jambo suspicion is easily aroused is to agree with anyone with over 2000 posts....you really shouldn't start your first thread until you have made over 500 posts and then it should be on the subject of something bad happening in the lithuanian banking sector caused by vlad...the most important thing for any new poster to remember is...You are a jambo until proven innocent.

in the case of this particular first poster i think it is too early to say...a poor start by the boy and he has a long way to go if he is going to win the fans over but if he gets his head down and plays for the team there is still a chance he might be a hibby.

personally i think he's gary locke.

iwasthere1972
19-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Give the guy some slack so what in his first post he managed to get in May 19th, hammered by hearts, long term pain, gloating and hurt. And just because he slipped in bragging rights, 22 in a row, John Robertson and 1902 in his second does not mean he is a yam fud no siree. :greengrin

Plus it only took him three words to mention "wee" :wink:

Hermit Crab
19-04-2013, 10:13 PM
I smell a yam. Ltyf

Baldy Foghorn
19-04-2013, 10:13 PM

Exactly

onionman
19-04-2013, 10:21 PM

Well I think I would have got a lift instead of driving

Seven up
19-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Ok guys, I made a serious error of judgement on my OP...but for the avoidance of doubt I am and have been a Hibee all my days. I'm no Puddle drinking Yam scarf twirling pink mutant..(but I can see why you mostly all thought so)...I'm gonna have to come up with MUCH better next time. I just wont mention them! :pfgwa

PerfectlyFranck
19-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Ok guys, I made a serious error of judgement on my OP...but for the avoidance of doubt I am and have been a Hibee all my days. I'm no Puddle drinking Yam scarf twirling pink mutant..(but I can see why you mostly all thought so)...I'm gonna have to come up with MUCH better next time. I just wont mention them! :pfgwa

To answer your OP, as I thought it was perfectly reasonable, I would absolutely have taken that particular defeat last year if it meant winning the cup against Celtc the season later, in-turn knocking Hearts out in the first round entered.

Given the circumstances of last season, I'd have bitten your hand off for us to finally win the Scottish Cup this season in return.
This year is set-up to be an absolute cracker. The Celtc game will be the greatest spectacle I've ever witnessed.
Hopefully we can see the drama of our/Falkirk's semi-final and as good a game of football as United/Celtc's.

Captain Trips
Fenlon out, Seven up in

hibee_nation

Ease yourself in gently next time. Slag off Spoony or Stevenson and you'll have them eating out yer hand. :greengrin

Seven up
19-04-2013, 10:32 PM
:aok:
To answer your OP, as I thought it was perfectly reasonable, I would absolutely have taken that particular defeat last year if it meant winning the cup against Celtc the season later, in-turn knocking Hearts out in the first round entered.

Given the circumstances of last season, I'd have bitten your hand off for us to finally win the Scottish Cup this season in return.

SaulGoodman
19-04-2013, 10:33 PM

The sites not the most welcoming anyway, it's best not to say anything about Hearts until you have 20 million posts.

Seven up
19-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Ease yourself in gently next time. Slag off Spoony or Stevenson and you'll have them eating out yer hand. :greengrin

Cheers for the advice....noted!

7Hero
19-04-2013, 11:07 PM
The simple answer to the original poster is no.

What we all went through is unacceptable and it should never have been allowed to happen. Weve all had countless dissapointments over the years, that was easily the worse....

The worst team ever, in the worst result ever. My worst day as a hibs fan EVER !

We may win the scottish cup, it may happen this year, but while it will help a lift a lot of gloom i still feel about THAT day, it certainly won't be able to make up for it or indeed make me forget it.

Funny thing is that when folk asked last year if we would take relegation if it meant beating the jambos, some folk actually preferred to stay up !! Bonkers !!

Stringer
19-04-2013, 11:17 PM

Hearts fans are absolutely obsessed with us by the way! Sort him out mods!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-04-2013, 11:19 PM
Yesterdays news about a soon to be defunct football club.

Can anyone remember when Third Lanark won the Scottish Cup?

matty_f
19-04-2013, 11:24 PM
The big question is surely would you swap a Scottish cup for oblivion for your team?

lord bunberry
20-04-2013, 03:33 AM
The simple answer to the original poster is no.

What we all went through is unacceptable and it should never have been allowed to happen. Weve all had countless dissapointments over the years, that was easily the worse....

The worst team ever, in the worst result ever. My worst day as a hibs fan EVER !

We may win the scottish cup, it may happen this year, but while it will help a lift a lot of gloom i still feel about THAT day, it certainly won't be able to make up for it or indeed make me forget it.

Funny thing is that when folk asked last year if we would take relegation if it meant beating the jambos, some folk actually preferred to stay up !! Bonkers !!

Bonkers is how i'd describe most of what you have said there

Devilstorment
20-04-2013, 06:32 AM
The sites not the most welcoming anyway, it's best not to say anything about Hearts until you have 20 million posts.

:top marks

scuttle
20-04-2013, 07:33 AM

In that case welcome then

clerriehibs
20-04-2013, 08:03 AM
Bonkers is how i'd describe most of what you have said there

Have to agree ... think there may have been some underlying psychological scarring going on there.

WestEndHibee
20-04-2013, 08:05 AM
The big question is surely would you swap a Scottish cup for oblivion for your team?

THIS :aok: maybe sevenup can enlighten us?

H18sry
20-04-2013, 08:26 AM

Hibs90
20-04-2013, 09:41 AM
How obvious can it be? Look at all the wee mentions hes getting in. Bet he'll be sat there loving this, texting all his ugly yam pals telling them how great he is.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1691043584/h27E35AED/

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Welcome to the board 7Up ......... Though if you are a Yam .... GTF

My first post on sickbag would go like this.

Did last years cup win wipe out the memory of 7 - 0 ... 7 - 0 has been a blight on our club for years, but now perhaps 7 - 0 can be put to rest, 7 - 0 is something no club should have to live with so thank goodness 7 - 0 can perhaps now be forgotten.

In fact it surely wipes out 6 - 2 as well ... 6 - 2 was a disaster for our club. I will always blame Jeffries for 6 - 2. We scored first in that game so 6 - 2 was hard to take, but now 6 - 2 can perhaps be forgotten the same as 7 - 0. Though it must have been harder for the folk at the 7 - 0 game than the 6 - 2 game.

To be utterly utterly humiliated 7 - 0 at your own ground is better than to be crushed 6 - 2 away from home.

Thecat23
20-04-2013, 11:18 AM

The first post I wasn't sure if you were a yam or not. But this post for me makes it easy to say 100% you are. The amount of digs in there is unreal. Robbo, 22 in a row, 1902. I don't ever suspect anyone because of a low post count or they are new. But this is to obvious!