PDA

View Full Version : Pitch invasion

Zazu62
18-04-2013, 10:51 PM
Just a thought. If we beat Celtic in the final would we be able to contain ourselves and resist running on the pitch?

Boyle89
18-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Nope I'm right on the pitch. Now that I've said that I won't get a ticket :(.

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Knock yourself out, I imagine Glasgow's finest police officers, would stand back and let you crack on with it......

Sir David Gray
18-04-2013, 10:56 PM
I highly doubt it.

I think some allowances would need to be made, given the circumstances.

As long as it didn't go too far, of course.

marinello59
18-04-2013, 11:14 PM
Just a thought. If we beat Celtic in the final would we be able to contain ourselves and resist running on the pitch?

Only a brain dead ******** would think that was a good idea. I think you ready knew that before you asked the question though.

Ozyhibby
19-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Pitch is for players.

PerfectlyFranck
19-04-2013, 12:06 AM
Why would anyone want to run onto the pitch? :confused:

If it's to replace Done, then by all means, but why would you do it in any other case?

'Sunshine On Leith' would be spectacular! Though I think the verses will be a lot quieter in a cup final… :wink:

-as will the chorus until the they get to the words: sunshine on Leith.

I heard a lady in last year's semi-final shout 3 words: sunshine on me. :rolleyes:

fat freddy
19-04-2013, 12:39 AM
i think this is a great idea and i fully intend to do it if we win the final as i would love to miss the open top bus tour of the city and the party afterwards....theres nothing better than a night in the cells in glasgow when a celebration is taking place 45 miles away in the capital...anyone who wants to donate towards my fine can make a payment at iamatube.co.uk

hibbill2002
19-04-2013, 05:20 AM
Why would anyone want to run onto the pitch? :confused:

If it's to replace Done, then by all means, but why would you do it in any other case?

'Sunshine On Leith' would be spectacular! Though I think the verses will be a lot quieter in a cup final… :wink:

-as will the chorus until the they get to the words: sunshine on Leith.

I heard a lady in last year's semi-final shout 3 words: sunshine on me. :rolleyes:
Not like you to "mishear" lyrics, did you not think you heard Falkirk fans singing words they were not?

Pretty Boy
19-04-2013, 05:42 AM
Why?

The players would immediately be taken off and you would risk a night in the cells

I always think pitch invasions look a bit daft, loads of folk just wandering about aimlessly.

1875er
19-04-2013, 05:53 AM
Why?

The players would immediately be taken off and you would risk a night in the cells

I always think pitch invasions look a bit daft, loads of folk just wandering about aimlessly.

This. After the initial elation of getting on the Pitch people just wander about thinking "what will I do now" and "how do I get back to my seat" and generally look daft.

Although my favourite Pitch invader was when fans of Oldco ran onto the park at ER after winning the league and someone ran on from the East took a swipe at one of them and then ran back.

If the unthinkable does happen then stay in your seat and take it all in.

Gatecrasher
19-04-2013, 06:14 AM
folk invading the pitch ruined the celebrations at ER in 07, If the dream were to come true folk should go mental at their seat.

Keith_M
19-04-2013, 06:39 AM
I think we should run on the pitch....

....but only if we lose.

Zazu62
19-04-2013, 06:53 AM
Good points obviously I'm not wanting to get lifted. All I'm saying is if u eventually lift a trophy that u haven't won in 100+years people might get a bit excited

MSK
19-04-2013, 06:55 AM
Good points obviously I'm not wanting to get lifted. All I'm saying is if u eventually lift a trophy that u haven't won in 100+years people might get a bit excited:hmmm: .. ..

Phil D. Rolls
19-04-2013, 07:09 AM
:hmmm: .. ..

:hmmm:

A hundred plus years you say? That certainly makes a case for a pitch invasion. After all it could be the beginning of a very special relationship.

stoneyburn hibs
19-04-2013, 07:18 AM
If we won, I would be too emotionally disabled to run anywhere

rcarter1
19-04-2013, 07:21 AM
Definitely against any pitch invasion, will bring a cigar instead..:cb

But if we score a last minute winner having been 3-0 down who knows... :woohoo::faint:

Lovin this Cup Final anticipation. Surely we cant lose 10 scottish cup finals in a row??? :cup: :pray:

trev the hat
19-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Pitch is for players.

Completely THIS

Pat 0-7
19-04-2013, 08:55 AM
The only time I have been on the pitch was when that Smeltic tube threw the CS gas canister into the old East........ :grr:

Otherwise, as above - pitch is for players and incompetent officials...........

cabbageandribs1875
19-04-2013, 08:57 AM
it's really quite simple

the pitch is for players

the seats are for fans(and no, you cant take the seat on to the pitch and sit on it...that's unacceptable as well)

no degree in law is necessary to know this

:)

Zazu62
19-04-2013, 09:08 AM
:hmmm: .. ..

No need for that .. I'm a hibs fan just trying to get a point across

MSK
19-04-2013, 09:16 AM
No need for that .. I'm a hibs fan just trying to get a point acrossWhat point are you trying to get across ?

lord bunberry
19-04-2013, 09:26 AM
What point are you trying to get across ?

That there might be a pitch invasion if we win. I personally think there will be

MSK
19-04-2013, 09:31 AM
That there might be a pitch invasion if we win. I personally think there will beNo chance !!

Zazu62
19-04-2013, 09:39 AM
What point are you trying to get across ?

Funny I was thinking the same thing

MSK
19-04-2013, 09:41 AM
Funny I was thinking the same thingI think post 5 about sums your "point" up ..:aok:

Beefster
19-04-2013, 09:42 AM
I've never really understood why anyone over the age of 12's first instinct would be to run onto the pitch. If we win the cup, I'll be too busy getting home to make Mrs Beefster do all the things that she's promised 'when you win the Scottish Cup'.

matty_f
19-04-2013, 09:44 AM
folk invading the pitch ruined the celebrations at ER in 07, If the dream were to come true folk should go mental at their seat.

:agree: what should have been a great night was partially spoiled due to a few selfish f***wits.

lord bunberry
19-04-2013, 09:45 AM
No chance !!

There was a pitch invasion when we won the 1st division, so I assume there will be a few who try and get on the pitch if we win the cup

Phil D. Rolls
19-04-2013, 09:46 AM
:yawn: LTYF

MSK
19-04-2013, 09:51 AM
There was a pitch invasion when we won the 1st division, so I assume there will be a few who try and get on the pitch if we win the cupThat happens the length & breadth of Britain when teams win leagues or avoid relegation..however in a national cup final ..wont happen ..

lord bunberry
19-04-2013, 09:56 AM
That happens the length & breadth of Britain when teams win leagues or avoid relegation..however in a national cup final ..wont happen ..

You may be right but I wouldn't be so sure

theonlywayisup
19-04-2013, 10:00 AM
All I can say is "don't be so ******* stupid". Anyone that can recall the 1980 Scottish Cup Final riot, when one set of supporters ran onto the pitch, which led to the others running onto the pitch, will know that this is an extremely stupid and dangerous thing (for Hibs, for them, for the young kids that will be attending) to do.

Don't let the minority spoil the day for the majority.

Admins - please delete this thread.

Beefster
19-04-2013, 10:08 AM
All I can say is "don't be so ******* stupid". Anyone that can recall the 1980 Scottish Cup Final riot, when one set of supporters ran onto the pitch, which led to the others running onto the pitch, will know that this is an extremely stupid and dangerous thing (for Hibs, for them, for the young kids that will be attending) to do.

Don't let the minority spoil the day for the majority.

Admins - please delete this thread.

Why? It might put some people off a pitch invasion, given that the responses have been almost totally against the idea.

theonlywayisup
19-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Why? It might put some people off a pitch invasion, given that the responses have been almost totally against the idea.

Good point!

Keith_M
19-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Is Hibernian KickBack still here?

Zazu62
19-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Is Hibernian KickBack still here?

That's a bit harsh pal

Onion
19-04-2013, 10:45 AM
I've never really understood why anyone over the age of 12's first instinct would be to run onto the pitch. If we win the cup, I'll be too busy getting home to make Mrs Beefster do all the things that she's promised 'when you win the Scottish Cup'.

Classic ! Lol

cocopops1875
19-04-2013, 11:29 AM

Beef Wellington and chips, and vanilla cheesecake at yours too 😃

joe breezy
19-04-2013, 11:39 AM
There is some kind of obstacle at the front of all the seats - a couple of wires strategically placed that would be hard to get over, that was my impression at the semi as i was thinking how easy or not a pitch invasion could be

I love pitch invasions but the media get carried away, they frighten the players and also mean that the team can't stay and celebrate so being realistic it would just spoil things

scoopyboy
19-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Invading the pitch is the last thing we should do if we win.

Knowing our luck the SFA would withhold the trophy and award it to Celtic.

Simply stand in your area of the fround and enjoy the players bringing the cup round.

AllyF
19-04-2013, 11:41 AM
I'd rather the players invaded the stands. Look at Dortmund after beating Malaga, amazing scenes.

MrRobot
19-04-2013, 12:11 PM
There was a pitch invasion when we won the 1st division, so I assume there will be a few who try and get on the pitch if we win the cup

To be fair, they couldn't arrest thousands for doing it but they'd probably make an example of a couple. That said, I plan on celebrating if it happens by going mental in the stand and allowing the players to lap up the applause that they'll deserve.

After that, the celebration will involve as much alcohol as possible.

19-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Why would you run on the pitch and risk being chucked out and missing the players lift the cup and all the celebrations :confused: Only a complete arse would think that is a good idea.

If we did the unthinkable and won I would be completely over come with emotion and be going absolutely mental but I will be doing it in the stand and hope everybody else does too. Don't disrupt the celebrations.

BonnieFitbaTeam
19-04-2013, 12:24 PM
If we won, I would be too emotionally disabled to run anywhere

This. I suspect my reaction will be to callapse in a heap and sob quietly into my scarf :greengrin

Time For Heroes
19-04-2013, 12:48 PM
That happens the length & breadth of Britain when teams win leagues or avoid relegation..however in a national cup final ..wont happen ..

So it depends on the occasion?

Hibernia Na Eir
19-04-2013, 01:27 PM
a great idea.

marinello59
19-04-2013, 01:28 PM
a great idea.

Did you forget the punchline? :confused:

marinello59
19-04-2013, 01:33 PM

And they would be fools. At best the cretins that run on would be hit with a fine and a banning order. At worst we wouldn't see the players receive the cup or do a lap of honour.
BUT..............it's all hypothetical, winning the bloody thing will take an extraordinary performance.

Hibernia Na Eir
19-04-2013, 02:00 PM
its some idea.

MSK
19-04-2013, 02:20 PM
So it depends on the occasion?Do you actually watch football ?...there are a lot of situations where Police/Stewards make a half hearted attempt to stop fans invading pitches in the situations mentioned ...however Hampden is specifically designed (as someone has already mentioned) to prevent that ..added to the masses of Stewards & Police who will ringfence the support then be rest assured any attempt to invade will be short lived & over rather quickly ..

Lucius Apuleius
19-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Do you actually watch football ?...there are a lot of situations where Police/Stewards make a half hearted attempt to stop fans invading pitches in the situations mentioned ...however Hampden is specifically designed (as someone has already mentioned) to prevent that ..added to the masses of Stewards & Police who will ringfence the support then be rest assured any attempt to invade will be short lived & over rather quickly ..

:agree: Leading to some on here telling us how badly they were treated by the horrible weedgie polis

Franck Stanton
19-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Invading the pitch is a yam thing, they sure do have a history of doing it, even when the game is still on, so lets stop all this nonsense and leave that rubbish to them eh.

iwasthere1972
19-04-2013, 02:37 PM
I would probably have to empty the contents of my undies first before I attempted getting over the wall.

Pete
19-04-2013, 02:48 PM
I tthink most people would get noticed half way through the assault course.

.Sean.
19-04-2013, 04:44 PM
If Hibs win the cup i'll probably stand greeting in sheer disbelief until i remember i've to phone every Jambo in my phonebook

DH1875
19-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Pitch invasion? erm.....NO thanks. Please, please dont spoil the party. IF we win this Im not planning on leaving Hampden till they kick us out.

Owain_1987
19-04-2013, 06:01 PM
I agree a pitch invasion at Hampden is not a good idea put you can't tell me this does not look great! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22178191#asset

joe breezy
19-04-2013, 06:32 PM
I agree a pitch invasion at Hampden is not a good idea put you can't tell me this does not look great! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22178191#asset

It did look tremendous, lots of my pals were on my pitch but just as many have boycotted Cardiff City games due to the colour change

clerriehibs
19-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Good points obviously I'm not wanting to get lifted. All I'm saying is if u eventually lift a trophy that u haven't won in 100+years people might get a bit excited

trolling ...

clerriehibs
19-04-2013, 09:11 PM

SoL on the terraces looks better. Way better.

gegs70
19-04-2013, 09:17 PM
If ww won the cup I would want to go bak to Leith not spend the night in a cell!

Zazu62
19-04-2013, 09:20 PM
trolling ...

Slaver people on here get far to excited wish I hadn't even bothered

Albanian Hibs
19-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Ltyf

Steve-O
19-04-2013, 09:24 PM
I like a good jubilant pitch invasion, can't see the problem. The real issue is that I doubt the spoilsport polis would see it the same way so probably a bad idea...

Was fun in 99 though :agree:

heretoday
19-04-2013, 09:35 PM
We spilled onto the Hampden pitch in 1972 because of a hail of bottles and cans! Not an unusual occurence in those days.

PerfectlyFranck
19-04-2013, 09:36 PM
I like a good jubilant pitch invasion, can't see the problem. The real issue is that I doubt the spoilsport polis would see it the same way so probably a bad idea...

Was fun in 99 though :agree:

It's a good job you're staying in the Southern hemisphere then!

I'd rather witness a great finale and the greatest SoL ever than a bunch of people swarming over the pitch for no apparent reason.
It would partly spoil the event and spectacle of a momentous occasion, for me.

The pitch is for players. If they want to be with the fans, they'll go over to them.

clerriehibs
19-04-2013, 09:41 PM

aye, I know the feeling.

hibee_nation
19-04-2013, 09:57 PM

Now there's something we can all agree on. :kbacker:

iwasthere1972
19-04-2013, 10:10 PM
We spilled onto the Hampden pitch in 1972 because of a hail of bottles and cans! Not an unusual occurence in those days.

If you're talking about the Scottish Cup Final that year then I'll second that. I was standing (sometimes crouching) somewhere up the top of the what is now the west stand and to be truthful hardly saw any of the game due to the total mayhem. Maybe that was a good thing considering the result. 106,000 there that day. 6,000 more than the English F.A. Cup final.

hibee_nation
19-04-2013, 10:19 PM
If you're talking about the Scottish Cup Final that year then I'll second that. I was standing (sometimes crouching) somewhere up the top of the what is now the west stand and to be truthful hardly saw any of the game due to the total mayhem. Maybe that was a good thing considering the result. 106,000 there that day. 6,000 more than the English F.A. Cup final.

The only good thing about my dad taking me to the wrong end of hampden and being on that massive east terrace was i was so wee i couldn't see any of the game. We left at 4 - 1 but never threw any scarves away. :greengrin

Zazu62
05-08-2016, 07:21 PM
Haha I started this thread over 3 years ago .. Sorry for bringing it up but it's interesting to see some peoples views on a cup final pitch invasion back then to
What they are now? Discuss please

cabbageandribs1875
05-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Haha I started this thread over 3 years ago .. Sorry for bringing it up but it's interesting to see some peoples views on a cup final pitch invasion back then to

well, my views on the post i made on page 1 haven't changed, pitch is for players :)

hibee_nation
05-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Pitch invasions are wrong end of. But by **** ours was a beauty.

MSK
05-08-2016, 07:43 PM
Do you actually watch football ?...there are a lot of situations where Police/Stewards make a half hearted attempt to stop fans invading pitches in the situations mentioned ...however Hampden is specifically designed (as someone has already mentioned) to prevent that ..added to the masses of Stewards & Police who will ringfence the support then be rest assured any attempt to invade will be short lived & over rather quickly ..Do you actually watch football ? 😮😆

Sammy7nil
05-08-2016, 07:53 PM
Police Scotland had no intelligence to suggest a pitch invasion was likely :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Who is in charge Cleoseau ?

HibsNutter
05-08-2016, 07:55 PM
Only cool kids do pitch invasions

Pretty Boy
05-08-2016, 08:56 PM
well, my views on the post i made on page 1 haven't changed, pitch is for players :)

Same for me.

Said on page 1 pitch invasions are a bit daft and I stand by that. I understand why some people got involved in May but I just don't see the point.

Ronniekirk
05-08-2016, 09:08 PM
If ever there was an occassion when it was likely to happen this was it imo Sheer unbridaled joy erupted like a volcanoe as all that pent up emotion found its voice
However i assume the Official DVD will have edited all that out

marinello59
05-08-2016, 09:16 PM

Digging up old threads is pretty *****.

Sergey
05-08-2016, 09:20 PM

It's pretty useful for seeing who's been punted from the forum, though.

marinello59
05-08-2016, 09:23 PM
It's pretty useful for seeing who's been punted from the forum, though.

Shocked to see you are still here. :greengrin

Sergey
05-08-2016, 09:29 PM
Shocked to see you are still here. :greengrin

:aok:

I'm a completely reformed poster - my Eustachian Tube Dysfunction and the meds I'm on are working wonders.

There's a wee mob of us travelling up for the Dunfermline match. Modern medicine is amazing.

#FromTheCapital
05-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Can't beat a pitch invasion!

Zazu62
05-08-2016, 10:10 PM

I did say sorry 😄