PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final team....

Judas Iscariot
18-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Ok, I know it's a bit early but what would your starting 11, formation & subs be for the final?!

For arguments sake, at this point in time lets say all of our 1st team squad are match fit and available/injury free/not been done for shoplifting etc etc :greengrin

I'd go for...

http://footballformation.co.uk/team/4411/180413142754.png

Subs
Murdoch
Stevenson
Handling
Wotherspoon
Taiwo

Really unsure of how to set the team up, I'm sure Pat will think long and hard and we may see a few different lineups in our remaining games..

Midfield area is key again, Celtc will be without Wanyamamamma, Kayal & most likely Broonie so we MUST get the middle of the park right!

SteveHFC
18-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Williams

Clancy McPake(c) Hanlon McGivern

Handling Claros Thomson Harris

Griffiths Doyle

Subs
Murdoch
Stevenson
Kuqi
Daffy Duck
Taiwo

Stringer
18-04-2013, 02:35 PM
-------------------------------------Williams

Clancy ------------ McPake------------- Hanlon ---------------McGivern

---------------------------------Claros

Doyle ------------------------- Thompson------------------- Harris

-----------------------------------Taiwo

-----------------------------------Griffiths

theonlywayisup
18-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Ok, I know it's a bit early but what would your starting 11, formation & subs be for the final?!

For arguments sake, at this point in time lets say all of our 1st team squad are match fit and available/injury free/not been done for shoplifting etc etc :greengrin

I'd go for...

http://footballformation.co.uk/team/4411/180413142754.png

Subs
Murdoch
Stevenson
Handling
Wotherspoon
Taiwo

Really unsure of how to set the team up, I'm sure Pat will think long and hard and we may see a few different lineups in our remaining games..

Midfield area is key again, Celtc will be without Wanyamamamma, Kayal & most likely Broonie so we MUST get the middle of the park right!

Cairney:confused: He was very poor in the final. I think he has played himself out of contention.

Saorsa
18-04-2013, 02:41 PM
The team that finished on the park against Falkirk

Judas Iscariot
18-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Cairney:confused: He was very poor in the final. I think he has played himself out of contention.

I totally agree..

But a fully fit & switched on Paul Cairney is a great attacking and creative outlet!

18-04-2013, 02:46 PM

Agreed, he didn't look fit.

Captain Trips
18-04-2013, 02:54 PM

The match is what 5/6 weeks away plenty of time for folk to come and grab place or lose place or are we just writing off the next 4/5 matches and picking team based on Semi Final 2nd half regardless? Im still looking for points in SPL to get out this utterly dreadful run there are 5 teams to pick before final and I hope that the 2nd half can help get some points on board as I am certainly not writing off the next few matches. The manager and team still have a job to do over next few weeks I expect them to be getting on with it starting with 3pts v Aberdeen.

S4uzee
18-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Cairney - not for me on a big pitch like Hampden, better with the young guys who have the legs

Brightside
18-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Cairney - not for me on a big pitch like Hampden, better with the young guys who have the legs

Cairney is broken and should be put out to grass until next season.

Team picks itself imho... only chance of winning is to fight for every ball and take them on..

Williams

Clancy McPake Hanlon McGivern

Handling Claros Thomson (C) Harris

Griffiths Doyle

Caldwell on the bench and coming on start of 2nd half to replace Doyle.

Thomson capt as he does the job anyway.

Hibeesmad
18-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Harris
Claros
Thomson
Stevenson

Doyle
Griffiths

Subs:
Murdoch
Maybury
Taiwo
Deegan
Cairney

.Sean.
18-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Williams

Clancy------McPake------Hanlon------McGivern

Doyle------Taiwo------Thomson------Claros------Harris

Griffiths

trev the hat
18-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Far too early for me to be suggesting a CF team, still a few league games to be winning first. Questions need to be asked however over a possible Hampden start for Cairney & IMO Clancy who was woeful in the semi. Forest would tear him a new one.
depending on what happens between now & then I can see a chance for Deegan to come back to the fore as we will need to boss the midfield to win in SCF.
We'll see more in coming weeks.

Albanian Hibs
18-04-2013, 05:56 PM
I think Taiwo should be in the middle with Claros.

hibbydog
18-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Cairney is broken and should be put out to grass until next season.

Team picks itself imho... only chance of winning is to fight for every ball and take them on..

Williams

Clancy McPake Hanlon McGivern

Handling Claros Thomson (C) Harris

Griffiths Doyle

Caldwell on the bench and coming on start of 2nd half to replace Doyle.

Thomson capt as he does the job anyway.

This.

I don't think pat will do it, but we have to pick an attacking formation and go at them from the off.

Wondered why we've not seen more of Caldwell? Like him. Big brute! Reminds me if a young Garry O Connor - y'know, fit one with the good attitude. (Yeah I struggled to remember it too!)

Wotherspiniesta
18-04-2013, 09:14 PM
I think there's a few places nailed down and a few up for grabs.

Right back, Right midfield and a partner in centre midfield for Claros all up for grabs IMO.

Williams

RB McPake Hanlon (will be fit by then) McGivern

RM Claros Thomson/Taiwo/Deegan Harris

Doyle Griffiths

The change of shape changed the match against Falkirk and the sheer presence of a partner for Sparky made a difference. Doyle was sharp and composed when he came on and really looked the part. Wotherspoon, Handling, Cairney, Robertson can fight it out for the RM slot and Clancy looked very unsure at RB. Would maybe even try Stevenson there before the final. I think Claros plays better alongside Taiwo, but Thomson can have a bigger impact on the game than Taiwo, so thats a bit of a balancing act. I think the shape of the team is a lot more important than the personnel TBH. If we start with Griffiths up top on his own again, we're asking for trouble. It's not really a case of flooding the midfield to try and frustrate Celtic because we seem to just play sideways, cant see any movement, then look to launch it over the top to Leigh anyway. The midfield gets bypassed when we play 4-5-1 and hopefully its something Pat's noticed. Playing 4-4-2 meant there was two guys up there, dragging centre backs and full backs, allowing us to find our wide men in a bit more space. Get the formation right and we've got a good chance, IMO.

Sir David Gray
18-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Williams

McGivern
Hanlon
McPake
Clancy

Harris
Claros
Thomson
Stevenson

Doyle
Griffiths

SUBS

Murdoch
Maybury
Cairney
Taiwo
Handling

Assuming Brown doesn't make it, they'll probably line up with;

Forster

Izaguirre
Ambrose
Wilson
Lustig

Mulgrew
Commons
Ledley
Forrest

Stokes
Hooper

SUBS

Zaluska
Matthews
Lassad
Watt
Samaras

Rambo1875
18-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Williams

Stevenson/Forster
Mcpake
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Handling
claros
thompson
harris

sparky
doyler

Clancy not fit enough just now and think either Stevenson or young Forster would cope better with pace.