PDA

View Full Version : 17000

The Harp Awakes
17-04-2013, 11:56 PM
Now that the dust has settled on last Saturday's Semi Final, it should be recognised that 17000 fans for a lunchtime kick off in Glasgow v a 1st division team is an impressive support:thumbsup:

Outside the Old Firm I don't think any other Club in Scotland could have taken as many supporters in the same circumstances.

Well done Hibees:flag:

California-Hibs
18-04-2013, 01:47 AM
Yet you'll still have deluded Jambos talk all sorts of nonsense about attendance figures. Words fail me with that pathetic lot! Great attendance on Saturday from us!

RoxburghHibs
18-04-2013, 05:19 AM
18000 to be exact

Devilstorment
18-04-2013, 05:52 AM
Agreed. I can't believe that Hertz fans think they can have a go at us over our attendance. But I guess they do have 400k fans so would never have a Pish attendance :crazy:

SouthMoroccoStu
18-04-2013, 06:12 AM
Agreed.

What makes the attendance even more impressive is the fact the attendance was only about 2000 less of the other semi final which featured 2 top flight teams one of which is from the same city as the national stadium venue.

Well done Hibs and Falkirk

GlenrothesHibee
18-04-2013, 07:18 AM
18000 to be exact

Was going to say the same thing. Very nearly as big as Celtic support there on the Sunday

Brightside
18-04-2013, 08:15 AM
Just think how great our squad could be if those 18000 turned up most weeks? :wink:

Pat 0-7
18-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Agreed.

What makes the attendance even more impressive is the fact the attendance was only about 2000 less of the other semi final which featured 2 top flight teams one of which is from the same city as the national stadium venue.

Well done Hibs and Falkirk

This.

Great turnout, especially with the game live on TV as well. :aok:

Billy Whizz
18-04-2013, 08:30 AM
This.

Great turnout, especially with the game live on TV as well. :aok:

Live on 2 channels, BBC1 and Sky

WHAM
18-04-2013, 08:49 AM
Has the attendance for the other semi final been released? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

clerriehibs
18-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Agreed. I can't believe that Hertz fans think they can have a go at us over our attendance. But I guess they do have 400k fans so would never have a Pish attendance :crazy:

At school in the west of Edinburgh, and many years at work in Edinburgh ... there always seems to have been, at the very least, as many calling themselves hibbies as jambos. Anything they spout to the contrary is simply foulkes trousers (pish).

hibs0666
18-04-2013, 11:59 AM
At school in the west of Edinburgh, and many years at work in Edinburgh ... there always seems to have been, at the very least, as many calling themselves hibbies as jambos. Anything they spout to the contrary is simply foulkes trousers (pish).

It used to be Hibs against the rest in my year at St. Augustines. Mind you Mikey Weir was in my registration class so it wasn't exactly yesterday.

givescotlandfreedom
18-04-2013, 12:05 PM

It's hilarious when they were miles from selling out their semi in their own city at £15 a pop at a decent time for a game not on TV! Gimmers!

LeighLoyal
18-04-2013, 12:10 PM
We took 20,000 to the 00 semi vs Livi but that was without live BBC coverage and it was a 3pm ko. Shows our support is still there and massive. :aok:

CorrieHibs
18-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Yet you'll still have deluded Jambos talk all sorts of nonsense about attendance figures. Words fail me with that pathetic lot! Great attendance on Saturday from us!

Those clowns didn't even sell out their league cup final allocation..........Sorry I forgot they are above the the league cup.

18-04-2013, 05:56 PM
It's hilarious when they were miles from selling out their semi in their own city at £15 a pop at a decent time for a game not on TV! Gimmers!

Exactly, and they call themselves the "big team" :faf:

silverhibee
18-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Wonder if we will get 18000 at ER on Monday night.

Keith_M
18-04-2013, 06:20 PM

That would be nice.

Are the tickets 15/5 quid, with a place in the Cup Final for the winner? That might just have a say in it :wink:

Aldo
18-04-2013, 06:21 PM

In a word ... NO but Heay you never know??

sbell1875
18-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Has the attendance for the other semi final been released? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Not to my knowledge. I've been searching for it since Sunday. My mate who is a Celtic fan was having a right go about it being a 50/50 split for the final so knowing we took almost as much to the semi would be great ammunition!

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2013, 06:33 PM

I wonder if all the folk that want a cup final ticket but don't have the means of getting one and are able to get to ER will actually go to take part in the ballot?

clerriehibs
18-04-2013, 07:35 PM
I wonder if all the folk that want a cup final ticket but don't have the means of getting one and are able to get to ER will actually go to take part in the ballot?

You don't "wonder" that at all.

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2013, 07:38 PM
You don't "wonder" that at all.

Oh but I do!

iwasthere1972
18-04-2013, 07:41 PM

Hope not.

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Hope not.

Why's that?

iwasthere1972
18-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Why's that?

Because I don't want too many ticket stubs in that box with mine. Hoping to be a lucky winner just like last year. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Because I don't want too many ticket stubs in that box with mine. Hoping to be a lucky winner just like last year. :greengrin

:greengrin Okay then, I hope the place is empty just for you.

NAE NOOKIE
18-04-2013, 10:20 PM
Great turn out all things considered. I guess there will always be a fair few folk who will be up for supporting Hibs in the bigger games.

One thing it does show is that if we were to take a few risks with investment in the team there is a fair number of sleeping fans out there who could be persuaded back on a more regular basis.

In fact come to think of it, considering the crap we were subjected last season and the slump in form since the new year the turn out was a real tribute to the loyalty of the folk who follow Hibs ..... and by that I mean that even though it might be the case that a fair few of them had perhaps only seen Hibs a few times since last May, or in some cases not at all they were still up for supporting the club instead of chucking it forever.

To my mind that should give us real hope for the future ...... so long as the club play their cards right of course, which is never guaranteed.

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Just think how great our squad could be if those 18000 turned up most weeks? :wink:

:hmmm::hmmm:

Keith_M
19-04-2013, 06:51 AM

I would love to go every week but it costs me the equivalent of an Adult Season Ticket just to get to two home games

:wink:

superfurryhibby
19-04-2013, 07:30 AM
Now that the dust has settled on last Saturday's Semi Final, it should be recognised that 17000 fans for a lunchtime kick off in Glasgow v a 1st division team is an impressive support:thumbsup:

Outside the Old Firm I don't think any other Club in Scotland could have taken as many supporters in the same circumstances.

Well done Hibees:flag:

Support was magnificent. I was very proud:hibees of us all for turning up and for the backing we gave the team.

Any other club out with the OF, according to some on here Aberdeeen have a bigger support than:devil:us. Perhaps not though, eh

GlenrothesHibee
19-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Support was magnificent. I was very proud:hibees of us all for turning up and for the backing we gave the team.

Any other club out with the OF, according to some on here Aberdeeen have a bigger support than:devil:us. Perhaps not though, eh

Aberdeen have the benefit of being the only club in their city. They have a good traveling support but i genuinely dont think that any team in Scotland outwith the OF can match us on the big occasion. We have a huge support. I know many people on here can trump this but in my 29 years ive seen us take 40k and 30k to Hampden, 7k to Ibrox, 5k to Killie, 4k to Bolton plus others i cant remember. I shudder to think what we would have taken to last years final if the ground was big enough

clerriehibs
19-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Aberdeen have the benefit of being the only club in their city. They have a good traveling support but i genuinely dont think that any team in Scotland outwith the OF can match us on the big occasion. We have a huge support. I know many people on here can trump this but in my 29 years ive seen us take 40k and 30k to Hampden, 7k to Ibrox, 5k to Killie, 4k to Bolton plus others i cant remember. I shudder to think what we would have taken to last years final if the ground was big enough

We're bigger than aberdeen
we're bigger than hearts

clerriehibs
19-04-2013, 08:17 PM

For me, the killie qf game has been the one this season ... phenomenal!

Devilstorment
20-04-2013, 06:39 AM
The trouble is though. It's all fair enough saying we can take bigger crowds through to cup semi's and final's but we need to get more along weekly to ER for it to make an impact on club finances

WindyMiller
20-04-2013, 10:11 AM

:agree:

Great day out.

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2013, 10:46 AM

For me too ... to be honest I was amazed when I saw we had sold out our whole end. Considering the game was on the telly it was a great turn out and what a backing.

Ayr Utd was the same last year.