PDA

View Full Version : Starting lineup for next season?

FromTheCapital
17-04-2013, 08:40 PM
A possible staring eleven next season based on players that you would like to see kept at Easter Road and a couple of players leaving...
Sadly, I think Super Leigh will be leaving after the final as I think that Wolves will take that one-year extension on him.
Another player I can see leaving for good is Claros? Praying to god that we keep him but just can't see it happening.
As for Kevin Thomson I think he'll get a better offer from down South and he'll leave in my opinion.
Doyle is already away and I can see Deegan, Kuqi and potentially Maybury joining him.
As for players coming to the club...
I think we'll get Lyle Taylor along with Nicky Clark for some reason? They're scoring for fun in Division 1 and Division 2 so I'd try to snap them up.
Looking at pre-contracts, I'd make a move for Tom Hateley from Motherwell to slot into right back.
Also, Barry Douglas from Dundee United on a pre-contract and Liam Craig also coming in to the squad.
I'd like to see another winger at Hibs and I'd love it to be Chris Humphrey on another pre-contract deal from Motherwell.
But for some reason, I desperately want Owain Tudur-Jones from Caley... On another pre-contract :greengrin

So with that in mind, my starting eleven would be:

--------------------Williams-------------------------

Hateley------McPake--------McGivern--------Douglas

Humphrey------T.Jones-------Craig------------Harris

--------------Taylor---------Clark------------------

Clearly not unrealistic at all... :na na:

JMac
17-04-2013, 10:06 PM
I'd be happy enough with a team like that but I seriously doubt we can keep McGivern, also it's unlikely we could get Taylor either considering everyone will be looking at him, would love to see us sign Hateley

Leighonel
17-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Currently we are looking at quite a few players leaving: deegan, wotherspoon, claros, mcgivern, leigh, thompson, doyle, kuqi and maybury, iv probably missed someone.
Leaving us with:
Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Booth/Stevenson

Cairney/Stanton
Taiwo
Craig/Robertson
Harris

Handling
Caldwell

Looking at this we need quite a few signings. We probably need a rb, a lb, rm, 2 cm's and at least 1 striker. This is probably the minimum requirement.

I would like to see some of the young players used, its the way forward for scottish clubs. So fenlon should definitely be looking at the u20's before he signs anyone else.

Edit: Just looked at the list of out of contract players in the spl and there are a few that could improve us.

Nicky Law
Paul McGowan
Murray Davidson (he would need a fee/will be away to england)
Humphrey
McCourt
Flood
Armstrong
Andrew Shinnie (I think he is away down south too though)
James Dayton (Dont like him though so he can get tae, diving wee baw)

Stringer
17-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Williams

Clancy Mcpake Hanlon Booth

Harris Taiwo Craig Handling

T.Jones

Caldwell

GreenOnions
18-04-2013, 09:47 AM
It must be very difficult for Pat at the moment planning for next season not knowing what's going to happen with the loan players. I found it easier to imagine first of all what we need to do anyway to strengthen the team given those that are definitely leaving (Done, Kuqi, Kujabi, Doyle) plus those that look likely to do so (Deegan, Wotherspoon, Maybury). IMHO losing those seven players could perhaps leave us being able to bring in four (including Liam Craig) to strengthen the first team in particular areas:

..........................Williams

Clancy...McPake/Hanlon/McGivern...Left Back
..............(Two out of these three)

...................Claros....Thomson
Right Winger..............................Craig

.................Striker.........Griffiths

Squad: Murdoch, Stevenson, Booth/Smith, Taiwo, Robertson, Harris, Cairney, Handling, Stanton, Caldwell

So that's a left back (unless Booth or Scott Smith is ready to step up), a right winger and a striker plus Liam Craig to bring in plus whatever we need to do to replace which of the loanees leaves.

FWIW - I also like the look of Chris Humphrey and Lyle Taylor. Paul McGowan and Higdon would also be excellent. Also - what's the story with Kenny Miller? Not sure about left backs.

Aldo
18-04-2013, 10:13 AM
I would add that I think Flood would be an excellent signing for us.

We should also be looking to sign Higdon, Hateley and maybe even Law from well??

Cocaine&Caviar
18-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Ideal scenario for me:

GK: Williams,

RB: Clancy, Stevenson
CB: Hanlon, ***New CB***
CB: McPake, Donaldson
LB: ***McGivern***, S. Smith

RM: ***NEW RM*, Wotherspoon
CM: ***Claros***, Craig, Cairney
CM: Thomson, Taiwo, Robertson
LM: Harris, Booth

ST: ***Griffiths***, Handling
TM: ***New Tm***, Caldwell

So the keeping of McGivern, Claros, Thomson & Griffiths.

And the scouting of a 3rd CB, and Starting Target Man, and Right Winger.

Paisley Hibby
18-04-2013, 02:23 PM
To start with, I'd be much happier if our line up for next season was being put together by a new manager :tin hat:

SteveHFC
18-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Makalamby

Gathuessi
Konde
Joneleit
Grounds

De Graaf
Kerr
Noubissie
O'Brien

Konte
Kuqi

scoopyboy
18-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Makalamby

Gathuessi
Konde
Joneleit
Grounds

De Graaf
Kerr
Noubissie
O'Brien

Konte
Kuqi

My word, how easy it is to forget how much crap has passed through ER in recent seasons.