PDA

View Full Version : Raging

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 12:16 PM
I've just found out that although I've supported Hibs for over 40 years and had a season ticket for 20 odd years, just because I haven't bought one for the last couple of seasons, I won't be automatically given priority for the final.

No doubt some Johnny come lately student who rocked along this season and got a season ticket for the first time, at concession prices no less, cos he's got nothing better to do will get one no problem.

If Hibs want folk like me to come back into the fold, they should be treating us properly.

Like what banks, mobile networks, bookies and TV companies etc do to attract new customers.

I realise that rewarding new clients only extremely pisses off existing ones, but I can see the benefit of doing so now.

Get with the programme, Petrie.

It's a liberty, so it is.

Saorsa
17-04-2013, 12:18 PM
:aok:

clerriehibs
17-04-2013, 12:18 PM
I've just found out that although I've supported Hibs for over 40 years and had a season ticket for 20 odd years, just because I haven't bought one for the last couple of seasons, I won't be automatically given priority for the final.

No doubt some Johnny come lately student who rocked along this season and got a season ticket for the first time, at concession prices no less, cos he's got nothing better to do will get one no problem.

If Hibs want folk like me to come back into the fold, they should be treating us properly.

Like what banks, mobile networks, bookies and TV companies etc do to attract new customers.

I realise that rewarding new clients only extremely pisses off existing ones, but I can see the benefit of doing so now.

School of hard knocks
Thick and thin.

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 12:19 PM

Cheers, DD. I knew you'd understand.

TowerHibs
same boat as me - u wouldn't have got one last year anyway.

it's tough **** though, this is What happens if ur not a St holder. mug

Kenny1875
:fenlon:giruy:

silverhibee
17-04-2013, 12:20 PM

Buy one for next season and strangely enough it will get you a ticket for this seasons final. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
17-04-2013, 12:21 PM

Some valid points Radge. There will be some folk entitled to 2 tickets for the Final because they've paid £25 (x2) for a Kids ST. It's unfortunate for guys like you though that folk use these loopholes - in fact why don't you buy a £25 ticket for next season to gurantee your Final ticket.

Hermit Crab
17-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Everybody knows the only way to guarantee a final ticket is to have a season ticket.

clerriehibs
17-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Some valid points Radge. There will be some folk entitled to 2 tickets for the Final because they've paid £25 (x2) for a Kids ST. It's unfortunate for guys like you though that folk use these loopholes - in fact why don't you buy a £25 ticket for next season to gurantee your Final ticket.

They will have had to buy full price adult too.

Danderhall Hibs
17-04-2013, 12:30 PM
They will have had to buy full price adult too.

You sure? If they check (which I'm not convinced of) you could buy a 11 - 16 y/o ticket at a reduced price, all you need is a valid childs name and DOB.

Winston Ingram
17-04-2013, 12:30 PM
:tumble:

clerriehibs
17-04-2013, 12:32 PM
You sure? If they check (which I'm not convinced of) you could buy a 11 - 16 y/o ticket at a reduced price, all you need is a valid childs name and DOB.

has to be bought in conjunction

wearethehibs
17-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Anyone that really wants a ticket will get 1. If not from a ST holder who may be entitled to 2 tickets, you will get 1 on general sale. People had the same panic last year. I dont know of anyone that didn't get a ticket.

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 12:37 PM
:tumble:

:agree:

LioNeilMessi
17-04-2013, 12:39 PM

This made me laugh as it pretty much sums me up :greengrin Sad to admit but I was quite fair weather before coming to uni (pre-2010). Too busy recording hits with my rock band :cb

Seriously though, a sort of loyalty scheme based on support over 2-5 years would probably be fairer to fans who have dropped out a season for whatever reason (also takes PATG and away matches into account). I heard the Yams have something like this in place, not familiar with the details though.

PerfectlyFranck
17-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Perhaps Hibs should state at the start of the season, more clearly - if not clear enough, that ST holders will get priority for the cup finals.
I suppose it's the luck of the draw that Hibs have managed to get into 2 cup finals since you haven't had a ST.

You could always get a one for next season?

I think the club did very well with the ticketing arrangements last season, they seemed to do a fair bit in stopping touters on websites too.

God Petrie
17-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Buy a season ticket for next season - problem solved.

Since90+2
17-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Do we really need another thread on cup final tickets? :greengrin

Geo_1875
17-04-2013, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. I'm sure it'll be on the telly.

DaniAndersson
17-04-2013, 12:48 PM

Put your toys back in the pram. It's a well-known fact that if you buy a season ticket, you're guaranteed a cup final brief. Been the same for a good number of years now.

Just because you've stumped up cash in previous seasons doesn't mean you've got more entitlement than someone who has paid for this campaign. It's done season by season, not through some uberfan-I've-supported-Hibs-all-my-life mythical status that you've conjured up.

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Put your toys back in the pram. It's a well-known fact that if you buy a season ticket, you're guaranteed a cup final brief. Been the same for a good number of years now.

Just because you've stumped up cash in previous seasons doesn't mean you've got more entitlement than someone who has paid for this campaign. It's done season by season, not through some uberfan-I've-supported-Hibs-all-my-life mythical status that you've conjured up.

lol

Hermit Crab
17-04-2013, 12:53 PM

I think he might be at the lash..... :-D

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2013, 12:55 PM

What's known as a "Gotcha" :greengrin

lyonhibs
17-04-2013, 12:56 PM
lol

Never ceases to amaze me the hit rate of blatant fishing trips on this board :greengrin

killie-hibby
17-04-2013, 12:56 PM

Absolute disgrace. I hope the UK Lotto company are more sympathetic to my claim for a share of last Saturdays jackpot. I havent bought a ticket for two years but have advised them in writing that the numbers I regularly entered came up on Saturday night.

Saorsa
17-04-2013, 12:57 PM

Just because you've stumped up cash in previous seasons doesn't mean you've got more entitlement than someone who has paid for this campaign. It's done season by season, not through some uberfan-I've-supported-Hibs-all-my-life mythical status that you've conjured up.:hilarious

EdinMike
17-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Up until 2 years ago I had a season ticket for maybe 13 years prior. Due to work I couldn't commit to a ST. I try to get to as many games as I can. I'm one of the few who enjoy Sunday/Monday/Tuesday... etc Kick offs !

I made the Aberdeen game (taking time off work) and the Final (Again time off work) last year no problem. And the Falkirk game (Again time off work.. Hibs should be paying me..)

You'll be fine getting a ticket ! :aok:

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Absolute disgrace. I hope the UK Lotto company are more sympathetic to my claim for a share of last Saturdays jackpot. I havent bought a ticket for two years but have advised them in writing that the numbers I regularly entered came up on Saturday night.

:tee hee:

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Never ceases to amaze me the hit rate of blatant fishing trips on this board :greengrin

If I said "I'm serious - honest" would you retract that?

jonty
17-04-2013, 01:06 PM

Auld radges like you shouldn't be at the game anyway. too often we hear of 'you've never had it so good' 'famous 5' 'standing should be brought back'

Away back to your lanzarote retirement home.

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Auld radges like you shouldn't be at the game anyway. too often we hear of 'you've never had it so good' 'famous 5' 'standing should be brought back'

Away back to your lanzarote retirement home.

If I went back there, I should be entitled to a ticket as I'd be an overseas supporter.

You selfish Jonty come lately section 43, education types are ruining our club.

And, if the truth be known, ruining our beloved country.

It's a disgrace, so it is.

jonty
17-04-2013, 01:18 PM
If I went back there, I should be entitled to a ticket as I'd be an overseas supporter.

You selfish Jonty come lately section 43, education types are ruining our club.

And, if the truth be known, ruining our beloved country.

It's a disgrace, so it is.

:rolleyes: Move on from yesteryear grandpa radge. if you want loyalty points, grab a nectar card. you're the disgrace, turning up with your moth-eaten 1970's scarf and corduroy trousers.

BroxburnHibee
17-04-2013, 01:19 PM

You didn't even make the effort of getting back for the semi.........

Stantons Angel
17-04-2013, 01:20 PM
[QUOTE=Hibbyradge;3570462]I've just found out that although I've supported Hibs for over 40 years and had a season ticket for 20 odd years, just because I haven't bought one for the last couple of seasons, I won't be automatically given priority for the final.

No doubt some Johnny come lately student who rocked along this season and got a season ticket for the first time, at concession prices no less

You are just trying to wynd everyone up with this aint you?

S4uzee
17-04-2013, 01:22 PM

Im a STUDENT (been a season ticket holder for years) and have renewed again for next year meaning I will more than likely be able to get 2 - lovely jubbly

Lucius Apuleius
17-04-2013, 01:28 PM
As an aside and in the same vein. Student STs should not be taken into consideration in my opinion. The vast majority of them appear to be doing "nothing degrees". I guess if it is an 'ology and they can prove that they will get at least at 1:2 and they commit to future STs for say a period of 10 years, at adult prices, then they may be considered.

Pete
17-04-2013, 01:33 PM
I've been playing the lottery for years and have won next to nothing.

Some fat weegie plays it once in a blue moon and walks away with £160 million!

If anyone should be raging it's me.

Saorsa
17-04-2013, 01:42 PM
As an aside and in the same vein. Student STs should not be taken into consideration in my opinion. The vast majority of them appear to be doing "nothing degrees". I guess if it is an 'ology and they can prove that they will get at least at 1:2 and they commit to future STs for say a period of 10 years, at adult prices, then they may be considered.:agree:

Never agreed with student discounts anyway, even when I was a student I had a full adult ST. :agree:

Hiber-nation
17-04-2013, 01:44 PM
What's known as a "Gotcha" :greengrin

What's known as not in the least bit funny!

Hibernian Verse
17-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Yeah I hate those student types. The ones who go to uni and support themselves away from home, working part-time (which is more like 20hrs a week) whilst struggling to achieve a 2:1 - because nothing less is acceptable in the workplace now - who buy a cheapish season ticket. It's awful that they get reduced prices because the club recognise that he or she wouldn't be able to buy a full priced one and support their team.

I don't make many matches, but I still make sure that I support my club however I can which is buying a season ticket. Sorry for continuing to support my club in my absence from Edinburgh. I know that it's unfair I get a ticket to the final when I don't even get along to Easter Road very often. :agree:

I agree with a lot of stuff you post, Radge, but this one is a load of *****. Which I now see was the intention, but the point still stands - folk have a thing against Students and people entitled to cheap tickets whether you do or not!

iwasthere1972
17-04-2013, 01:52 PM
My brother who only does semi finals and finals is guaranteed a ticket. He went along to Easter Road yesterday and explained to the wee girl at the ticket office that he buys all the newspapers so he can read the match reports on his beloved Hibs. Even goes down the newsagent if it's raining or snowing. That's dedication. Anyway the wee girl said that if he could provide all the match reports for this season (good job he's a hoarder and keeps all the papers) that she will put him on the Cup Final priority list. Gets even better as he's getting two tickets and he's going to give one to me. I'll just put mine on ebay and watch the game on the tellybox.

Well done Hibs.

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 01:54 PM
I agree with a lot of stuff you post, Radge, but this one is a load of *****.

How come the word "irony" is caught by your swear filter. :rolleyes:

HibeeEmma
17-04-2013, 01:59 PM
:agree: Never agreed with student discounts anyway, even when I was a student I had a full adult ST. :agree: What is the point in that? At least get a student ST and then buy yourself some kit out the shop. Give it to kids if you don't want it.

Saorsa
17-04-2013, 02:01 PM
What is the point in that? At least get a student ST and then buy yourself some kit out the shop. Give it to kids if you don't want it.The point is giving money tae my club, oh and I bought the kits as well. :wink:

Newcastlehibby
17-04-2013, 02:01 PM
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the responses of those who took this seriously.

Pray4Marc
17-04-2013, 02:04 PM
This is absolute bollocks, complete contradiction. If you where such a loyal supporter you would have been a season ticket holder this season. Complaining that students are supporting the club? Who else is going to support the club in the future when people like your loyal self (sarcasm) cant attend? Get a grip.

scottp1875
17-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Can understand your point completely and as has been mentioned loyalty points could be used.

I do however think anyone who has continued to purchase season tickets during the last couple of seasons deserves to be rewarded for this loyalty

ronaldo7
17-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Just spoke to petrie and he said if you bought a vinette on the last euro jaunt he'll give you 4 tickets. Proof of purchase is all he asks.:cb

FranckSuzy
17-04-2013, 02:07 PM
I don't think those who have used the payment plan to renew for next season should be entitled to a cup final ticket. Well, you don't actually own your house until you have paid off the mortgage, do you?

HibeeEmma
17-04-2013, 02:08 PM
The point is giving money tae my club, oh and I bought the kits as well. :wink:

Plenty more under priviledged kids around Edinburgh who could do with a strip for conversion.

Anyway, leave this debate for later.

Saorsa
17-04-2013, 02:08 PM
better get ashore now, the boat is starting tae sink with the weight of the fish :agree:

http://smileys.smilchat.net/smiley/leisure/exterieur/pecher.gif

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 02:16 PM

It wasn't really meant to be funny, it was an ironic comment on the unbelievably self centred arguments we get on here when we have a scarcity of tickets

Frankly, however, some of the knee jerk responses were stunning.

I can't believe anyone could take that post seriously. Read it again. Jeez. I don't know how it could be more obviously tongue in cheek.

How could anyone really believe I expected any sort of priority having been without a season for 2 years. :confused:

It's blindingly clear that the only way to guarantee a ticket for cup finals etc is to buy a season ticket, but every year we get folk mumping on that it's a disgrace that they haven't got one, I can't go on Saturdays cos I have to watch the dog, play golf, go on the pish etc etc.

If you have car insurance for 10 years loyally with the same company, but forget to renew, they will not pay out if you have an accident, even if it's only a few hours past renewal deadline, never mind 2 years!

As has been pointed out, if you play the same lottery numbers every week for 10 years, but forget to put it on the one time they come up, tough.

If you don't buy a season ticket, you don't have an automatic right to priority.

Yet people still complain about not getting a ticket.

There are more ways than one to make a point and I can't help it if you don't like the way I make mine.

PeeKay
17-04-2013, 02:32 PM
It wasn't really meant to be funny, it was an ironic comment on the unbelievably self centred arguments we get on here when we have a scarcity of tickets

I can't believe anyone could take that post seriously. Read it again. Jeez. I don't know how it could be more obviously tongue in cheek.

How could anyone really believe I expected any sort of priority having been without a season for 2 years. :confused:

It's blindingly clear that the only way to guarantee a ticket for cup finals etc is to buy a season ticket, but every year we get folk mumping on that it's a disgrace that they haven't got one, I can't go on Saturdays cos I have to watch the dog, play golf, go on the pish etc etc.

If you have car insurance for 10 years loyally with the same company, but forget to renew, they will not pay out if you have an accident, even if it's only a few hours past renewal deadline, never mind 2 years!

As has been pointed out, if you play the same lottery numbers every week for 10 years, but forget to put it on the one time they come up, tough.

If you don't buy a season ticket, you don't have an automatic right to priority.

There are more ways than one to make a point and I can't help it if you don't like the way I make mine.

I have been enjoying this thread. I hope that doesn't bring an end to it.

silverhibee
17-04-2013, 02:33 PM
I don't think those who have used the payment plan to renew for next season should be entitled to a cup final ticket. Well, you don't actually own your house until you have paid off the mortgage, do you?

:worms: :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2013, 02:36 PM

:shhhsh!:

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2013, 02:39 PM

Excellent point, as a matter of principle I will now refuse my 4 tickets................................Anyone got spares?

Lucius Apuleius
17-04-2013, 02:50 PM
This is absolute bollocks, complete contradiction. If you where such a loyal supporter you would have been a season ticket holder this season. Complaining that students are supporting the club? Who else is going to support the club in the future when people like your loyal self (sarcasm) cant attend? Get a grip.

Tautological claptrap. Students have one purpose in life. Revolution. We don't want that sort at ER, oh no.

scott7_0(Prague)
17-04-2013, 02:50 PM

:greengrin

And what about me, my last game was the 5-1 game and i am guaranteed a ticket again this time round. The wonders.......................

Just a pity i wont make it over.

hibsbollah
17-04-2013, 02:53 PM
This made me laugh as it pretty much sums me up :greengrin Sad to admit but I was quite fair weather before coming to uni (pre-2010). Too busy recording hits with my rock band :cb

Seriously though, a sort of loyalty scheme based on support over 2-5 years would probably be fairer to fans who have dropped out a season for whatever reason (also takes PATG and away matches into account). I heard the Yams have something like this in place, not familiar with the details though.

'Johnny come latelys' are better for the club. Younger, more naive, less attuned to years of underachievement so less doom n gloomery, more affluent, higher average spend on merchandise.

Go on Petrie, get more johnnys into ER, you know it makes sense.

Cropley10
17-04-2013, 03:07 PM

Join the queue with the rest of the glory hunters I say

AugustaHibs
17-04-2013, 03:10 PM
i don't see the problem? this person with a ST is paying roughly 300 pound so i agree that they should have priority?

jeffers
17-04-2013, 03:27 PM
I was so moved by the original post I had decided to hand over the 2 tickets to Hibbyradge I will be entitled to. I was even going to pay for them and deliver them personally and even though I wouldn't now be able to attend myself was going to give him a lift through to Hampden and pick him up after the game. But it turns out his original post was just a jolly jape. I'm just not sure what to do now.

Saorsa
17-04-2013, 03:29 PM
I was so moved by the original post I had decided to hand over the 2 tickets to Hibbyradge I will be entitled to. I was even going to pay for them and deliver them personally and even though I wouldn't now be able to attend myself was going to give him a lift through to Hampden and pick him up after the game. But it turns out his original post was just a jolly jape. I'm just not sure what to do now.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?262109-Best-way-for-me-to-get-Cup-Final-Tickets :wink:

jeffers
17-04-2013, 03:34 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?262109-Best-way-for-me-to-get-Cup-Final-Tickets :wink:

None of those posters have touched me like Hibbyradge has Dan. No wait a minute that doesn't sound right.

robinp
17-04-2013, 03:35 PM

Some nice fishing there fella, see you had a few bites too.

Saorsa
17-04-2013, 03:35 PM
None of those posters have touched me like Hibbyradge has Dan. No wait a minute that doesn't sound right.:tee hee:

marinello59
17-04-2013, 03:36 PM

Have you thought about posting this same thing over and over again on every ticket thread that appears between now and the final? That might just work.:greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
17-04-2013, 03:36 PM
None of those posters have touched me like Hibbyradge has Dan. No wait a minute that doesn't sound right.

And believe me, if you know him you don't want him touching you.

Hiber-nation
17-04-2013, 03:40 PM

Fair enough, I just get fed up with all this "gotcha" nonsense if someone with less than 40 million posts doesn't know that the OP has a bit of form in the fishing dept.

Was the 2001 mantra a wind up as well? :wink:

CropleyWasGod
17-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Personally, I reckon that all those who reacted to the OP should automatically be disbarred from getting tickets. Seriously, we are an intelligent, classy support, and the last thing we want to be is associated with such idiocy.

LeighLoyal
17-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Maybe should buy a season then. :confused:

CropleyWasGod
17-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Maybe should buy a season then. :confused:

There's one. Perfect timing. :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
17-04-2013, 03:56 PM
There's one. Perfect timing. :greengrin

:greengrin Never fails

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-04-2013, 05:37 PM

I was a bit sad to read this post as there were still a few bites to be had as can be seen from folk still taking the OP seriously even after he posted the above!

Unbelievable Jeff! :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Go on Petrie, get more johnnys into ER, you know it makes sense.

Not much point if Leigh isn't going to be here next season! :boo hoo:

CorrieHibs
17-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Anyone that really wants a ticket will get 1. If not from a ST holder who may be entitled to 2 tickets, you will get 1 on general sale. People had the same panic last year. I dont know of anyone that didn't get a ticket.

I have to say I knew a lot of folk that didn't. I don't think they deserved one either as a few hadn't been in a while but they still tried.

It is unlucky for folk that have had season tickets for years and have lapsed them due to numerous reasons. That's why I think having a points system might of been fairer.

Centre Hawf
17-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Lets be honest we all knew this is how cup final ticket allocations would work at the start of the season if you discussed it. Season Tickets get priority over anyone at any club in any season, its a fact. Just because some student rocks up and buys a season ticket the year someone doesn't, doesn't mean he should step aside for anyone who has decided to not go for a few year for what ever reason they had. The fact of the matter is this season that student or first timer has put money into the club and wen't to the games this season and next season they will have to do the same to be eligible for next season if we were to achieve another final.

If anyone has chosen to not renew this season purely for the reason of "We were utter Tam Kite last season so am no renewing next season likes eh" then i have no sympathy if you don't manage to get a ticket. Swing and Roundabouts.

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Have you thought about posting this same thing over and over again on every ticket thread that appears between now and the final? That might just work.:greengrin

Might...just...work....

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 07:16 PM

:faf:

:top marks

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Lets be honest we all knew this is how cup final ticket allocations would work at the start of the season if you discussed it. Season Tickets get priority over anyone at any club in any season, its a fact. Just because some student rocks up and buys a season ticket the year someone doesn't, doesn't mean he should step aside for anyone who has decided to not go for a few year for what ever reason they had. The fact of the matter is this season that student or first timer has put money into the club and wen't to the games this season and next season they will have to do the same to be eligible for next season if we were to achieve another final.

If anyone has chosen to not renew this season purely for the reason of "We were utter Tam Kite last season so am no renewing next season likes eh" then i have no sympathy if you don't manage to get a ticket. Swing and Roundabouts.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8540/kippingitrealfacepalmho.jpg

Up The Bracket
17-04-2013, 07:24 PM
We're not playing in a cup final 40 years ago though are we? It's a cup final this season, if you want a ticket, go and buy a season ticket, otherwise stop moaning.

CropleyWasGod
17-04-2013, 07:25 PM
We're not playing in a cup final 40 years ago though are we? It's a cup final this season, if you want a ticket, go and buy a season ticket, otherwise stop moaning.

:spammy:

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2013, 07:26 PM
we're not playing in a cup final 40 years ago though are we? It's a cup final this season, if you want a ticket, go and buy a season ticket, otherwise stop moaning.

Tee hee

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 07:29 PM

Phil MaGlass
17-04-2013, 07:29 PM

quite f,n right, yi dinnae wipe yir erse til yiv hud a 5hite eh, shmoke and a pancake man, shmoke and a pancake

CropleyWasGod
17-04-2013, 07:31 PM

Yes you do. :wink:

FranckSuzy
17-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Yes you do. :wink:

Ssssht you! :greengrin

Hibbyradge
:spammy:

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/guns/shot-in-head.gif

MSK

It's a liberty, so it is.Disgraceful post ..worst Ive ever read on hibs.net ..ya slavering **** ..its you that needs tae get with the programme ..:blah:

FranckSuzy
17-04-2013, 07:34 PM
quite f,n right, yi dinnae wipe yir erse til yiv hud a 5hite eh, shmoke and a pancake man, shmoke and a pancake

Have you been on the Dutch :smokin? :greengrin

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Disgraceful post ..worst Ive ever read on hibs.net ..ya slavering **** ..its you that needs tae get with the programme ..:blah:

I'm no paying for a programme.

I should get one free with my ticket.

Which should also be free. For me.

CropleyWasGod
17-04-2013, 07:35 PM
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/guns/shot-in-head.gif

Is there one that says ReadTheFreakingThreadBeforeMakingATrumpetOfYersel ?

MSK
17-04-2013, 07:36 PM

Which should also be free. For me.:greengrin

hibee_nation
17-04-2013, 07:37 PM

Sometimes it actualy pays to read the whole thread before jumping in and making a :clown: of oneselves. :greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
17-04-2013, 07:38 PM

Which should also be free. For me.

You do, do you not?
Does a free bus ticket and timetable count?

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Is there one that says ReadTheFreakingThreadBeforeMakingATrumpetOfYersel ?

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/readthethread.gif

How's that? :greengrin

Saorsa
We're not playing in a cup final 40 years ago though are we? It's a cup final this season, if you want a ticket, go and buy a season ticket, otherwise stop moaning.:hilarious

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/whooshg.gif (http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/JDPH1875/media/smilies/whooshg.gif.html)

Pretty Boy
Can I nominate this as an early contender for thread of the year?

The number of bites even after radges 2nd post is quite brilliant.

Hibbyradge
Sometimes it actualy pays to read the whole thread before jumping in and making a :clown: of oneselves. :greengrin

Not yet, but I do get free golf at Liberton.

Or I did last year! :wink:

hibee_nation
17-04-2013, 07:45 PM

That's nice :confused:

CropleyWasGod
17-04-2013, 07:50 PM
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/readthethread.gif

How's that? :greengrin

If that was there before I posted, then that's me clamped too. :aok:

I'm_cabbaged
17-04-2013, 07:54 PM

Patience auld yin:) It's no me that goes gallivanting down south ;)
I'm snookered till the end of the month, will give ye a bell.

Phil MaGlass
17-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Have you been on the Dutch :smokin? :greengrin

nah, just bevvied fae a little mix of Torres Rose and Austrian Obstler, wee bit mingin likes.

I'm_cabbaged
17-04-2013, 07:56 PM

Lol, think he meant to quote me ;)

hibs4thecup1988
17-04-2013, 08:04 PM
I read this on my way to work at 1:30 today. I am still absolutely wetting myself 4 pages on. I think that has to be classsic thread of the year :S

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Nae need for a Mass Hibsteria Cup Final Special whilst this thread is on the go!

Reaper
17-04-2013, 08:14 PM

I agree. Its a disgrace. Loyalty should be rewarded. In fact, I think I should get a ticket fir every one of the fourteen years I held a ST. Im going to march on ER right now wi an angry strut and a painted bedsheet and then patiently wait until morning when it re-opens and ask to speak tae Dougie Cromb and explain I love this club more than anyone and deserve it more than anyone. Then al explain your situation HR and collect yer ten tickets fir ye........maybe then we can fire roond the Uni an gie sum students a clip roond the ear?

J-C
17-04-2013, 08:20 PM

I had this last year too, gave up season ticket the season before, couldn't make the semi and had to do the 3 phones at once scenario to get 2 tickets, nothing taken into account I'd had a season ticket for many years prior.

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 08:20 PM

Ha ha, sorry, wrong quote!

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 08:23 PM
I agree. Its a disgrace. Loyalty should be rewarded. In fact, I think I should get a ticket fir every one of the fourteen years I held a ST. Im going to march on ER right now wi an angry strut and a painted bedsheet and then patiently wait until morning when it re-opens and ask to speak tae Dougie Cromb and explain I love this club more than anyone and deserve it more than anyone. Then al explain your situation HR and collect yer ten tickets fir ye........maybe then we can fire roond the Uni an gie sum students a clip roond the ear?

I should get over 20 tickets, though, no ten, ya thieving bass.

J-C
17-04-2013, 08:27 PM

Could you not get a ticket due to the amount of posts you post on .net lol:greengrin

Reaper
17-04-2013, 08:27 PM

Aye but am thinking if ah ask fir twenty theyll gie me ten....Naw???? Real fitba folk ken whits gaun oan. Plus ah wis goin tae ask fir free entry intae the ballot fir Monday anaw. Its only fair....................In fact **** it am goin to advise them itll be easiest jist tae gie me aw the tickets and al make sure ther right folk get them.

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Could you not get a ticket due to the amount of posts you post on .net lol:greengrin

Oh, I get one of them, but it's a matter of principle that I should get one for only not having had a season ticket for two years.

Gerard
17-04-2013, 08:36 PM

:devil:

Hibby Bairn
17-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Priority before current ST holders should be given to the following:-

- Those with ticket stub from Rosenborg game circa 1974

- Those who can prove entry to East Stirling away circa 1981

- Those who have a programme with HT results filled in on back page copied from Dunbar End scoreboard

In reverse order.

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Priority before current ST holders should be given to the following:-

- Those with ticket stub from Rosenborg game circa 1974

- Those who can prove entry to East Stirling away circa 1981

- Those who have a programme with HT results filled in on back page copied from Dunbar End scoreboard

In reverse order.

Check.

Check.

Check.

Just Alf
17-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Good point.... Well made.

:D

Up The Bracket
17-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Just had a proper read of the thread :doh:, apologies for the reply earlier. Only read the OP and sarcasm doesn't always work on the internet. Apologies :greengrin.

lapsedhibee
18-04-2013, 06:13 AM
sarcasm doesn't always work on the internet

Course it doesn't.

silverhibee
18-04-2013, 06:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SltkDYwzyPE :cb :greengrin

Since the Radge felt left out. :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
18-04-2013, 10:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SltkDYwzyPE :cb :greengrin

Since the Radge felt left out. :thumbsup:

Sylar
19-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Class as ever D :thumbsup:

"Bazinga!"

Keith_M
19-04-2013, 10:41 AM
I heard there's a loyalty scheme been in place at Scorpio's Leisure the whole season that guarantees regulars a ticket for the final.

silverhibee
19-04-2013, 12:32 PM
I heard there's a loyalty scheme been in place at Scorpio's Leisure the whole season that guarantees regulars a ticket for the final.

The guy say's that me and Jonty were such good customers that not only was he getting us 4 tickets he is giving us his Aston Martin for the day as well. :greengrin

Time For Heroes
19-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Hibbyradge I take my hat off to you, superb fishing trip!

superfurryhibby
19-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Hibbyradge I take my hat off to you, superb fishing trip!

Really, superb?

I'll post something a bit topical, take the piss out of those that bite and feel self important afterwards eh no. Not very funny in my opinion

jdships
19-04-2013, 01:46 PM

:top marks:not worth

Time For Heroes
19-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Really, superb?

I'll post something a bit topical, take the piss out of those that bite and feel self important afterwards eh no. Not very funny in my opinion

Someone still annoyed because they bit???

superfurryhibby
19-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Someone still annoyed because they bit???

That was my first comment and not annoyed just dinnae find that kind of self congratulatory wind up thing very funny. Most people would indicate the irony or whatever with a smiley. Otherwise it's a wee bit tasteless to make fun of those who do bite.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Its not worth upsetting yourself about, its just a bit of a laugh! :wink:

Hibbyradge
19-04-2013, 03:33 PM
That was my first comment and not annoyed just dinnae find that kind of self congratulatory wind up thing very funny. Most people would indicate the irony or whatever with a smiley. Otherwise it's a wee bit tasteless to make fun of those who do bite.

Which part was self congratulatory?

KeithTheHibby
19-04-2013, 03:36 PM

Deal with it, you knew the script at the start of the season.:wink:

marinello59
19-04-2013, 04:17 PM

Will there be a happy ending then?

Hibbyradge
19-04-2013, 04:19 PM

superfurryhibby
19-04-2013, 04:47 PM

All of it.

Time For Heroes
19-04-2013, 11:03 PM
All of it.

More likely falls into the category of banter no?
Think you need to lighten up.
Maybe you are fishing also?

StevesFamau5
19-04-2013, 11:17 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that my broke student lifestyle is affecting yours. Please accept my humble apologies that I may get a ticket as priority. God forbid that my low income slacker status should be rewarded. Sod the future generations and let's make sure they don't have anything fun. In fact why don't we send them down t' mines. Show them what real hardwork is. In fact sign them all up for national service.

Wow snap back to reality Steve. Sorry ladies and gentlemen. I may have gone on a rant there. My bad. :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-04-2013, 11:21 PM
There's that "my bad" phrase again, really does my head in!

Scouse Hibee
19-04-2013, 11:39 PM

Awww did the silly little man upset you with his wee jokey you precious little thing you.

Lucius Apuleius
20-04-2013, 05:10 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that my broke student lifestyle is affecting yours. Please accept my humble apologies that I may get a ticket as priority. God forbid that my low income slacker status should be rewarded. Sod the future generations and let's make sure they don't have anything fun. In fact why don't we send them down t' mines. Show them what real hardwork is. In fact sign them all up for national service.

Wow snap back to reality Steve. Sorry ladies and gentlemen. I may have gone on a rant there. My bad. :D

Shame, there is so much truth in what you say.

lyonhibs
20-04-2013, 07:37 AM
That this thread has got to 5 pages, with no signs of abating, must surely rank among HibbyRadge's greatest lifetime achievements :greengrin

MrRobot
20-04-2013, 07:49 AM
If I said "I'm serious - honest" would you retract that?

Realistically, I don't think there will be a problem getting tickets for this game, even when they go on general sale. We've had a declining support for quite some time and while yes they came out and turned up to last years final, I don't see it being the same this year. Last year it was Hearts which made it more special. Don't get me wrong, I cant wait for this and think we have a chance, but I don't think well have as many people flying back from overseas for the occasion cause its bit out biggest rivals.

That said, I've got a season ticket and i cant wait for the final. If memory serves me correct? This will be the 3rd Scottish Cup final we've been in in my lifetimes, 3rd time lucky and all that. Here's hoping anyways.

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2013, 09:12 AM
There's that "my bad" phrase again, really does my head in!

Same here. On a similar note, one that's really annoying (and increasing in popularity) is the use of "of" instead of instead "have", i.e. "I should of done that"

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Realistically, I don't think there will be a problem getting tickets for this game, even when they go on general sale. We've had a declining support for quite some time and while yes they came out and turned up to last years final, I don't see it being the same this year. Last year it was Hearts which made it more special. Don't get me wrong, I cant wait for this and think we have a chance, but I don't think well have as many people flying back from overseas for the occasion cause its bit out biggest rivals.

That said, I've got a season ticket and i cant wait for the final. If memory serves me correct? This will be the 3rd Scottish Cup final we've been in in my lifetimes, 3rd time lucky and all that. Here's hoping anyways.

Sorry tae burst yer bubble mate, but last year was my 3rd SC final ...... :dummytit:

Anyway ... was talking to uncle Rod yesterday and he said that students get cheap tickets now because once they leave school they always get jobs where they earn 100k or more and can pour millions into the club later on.

Kids get cheap tickets coz they might become students.

I do believe though that considering you need a ticket to get into any game at ER these days that Hibs should introduce a scheme where if you can produce ticket stubs for at least half the home games you get next dibs after ST holders. Do it on a sliding scale ( say we have had 20 home games ) 20 stubs on day 1 then 19 day 2, 18 day 3 etc etc. Not everybody can afford a ST so its only fair.

A wee word of warning ....... I was told I was entitled to 4 tickets last year but wasnt sure I would actually get 4. I stupidly promised 3 folk a ticket ...... I had to sweat for weeks in case I ended up letting somebody down. Dont promise nuffin' until you have the briefs in yer hot sweaty wee hand :confused:

StevesFamau5
20-04-2013, 10:50 AM
Shame, there is so much truth in what you say.

Which part is full of the truth?

MrRobot
20-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Sorry tae burst yer bubble mate, but last year was my 3rd SC final ...... :dummytit:

Anyway ... was talking to uncle Rod yesterday and he said that students get cheap tickets now because once they leave school they always get jobs where they earn 100k or more and can pour millions into the club later on.

Kids get cheap tickets coz they might become students.

I do believe though that considering you need a ticket to get into any game at ER these days that Hibs should introduce a scheme where if you can produce ticket stubs for at least half the home games you get next dibs after ST holders. Do it on a sliding scale ( say we have had 20 home games ) 20 stubs on day 1 then 19 day 2, 18 day 3 etc etc. Not everybody can afford a ST so its only fair.

A wee word of warning ....... I was told I was entitled to 4 tickets last year but wasnt sure I would actually get 4. I stupidly promised 3 folk a ticket ...... I had to sweat for weeks in case I ended up letting somebody down. Dont promise nuffin' until you have the briefs in yer hot sweaty wee hand :confused:

Only 22 mind..
Don't believe in superstition anyways... Haha

Lucius Apuleius
20-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Which part is full of the truth?

All of it bar the last sentence.

Hibby D
20-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Can I nominate this as an early contender for thread of the year?

The number of bites even after radges 2nd post is quite brilliant.
Hmm it's all about perception. It's a volatile subject and was intended to have a dig at those who are faced with the prospect of not getting to Hampden and chose to vocalise their disappointment on here about it. I empathise with them. I really do! But even if I didn't, it would never cross my mind to start a thread in the hope of reeling them in.

Its not worth upsetting yourself about, its just a bit of a laugh! :wink:

That this thread has got to 5 pages, with no signs of abating, must surely rank among HibbyRadge's greatest lifetime achievements :greengrin

Nae accounting for taste; especially when it comes to what is and isn't funny :wink:

lapsedhibee
20-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Nae accounting for taste

We can count wirselfs lucky. Here on hibs.net there's no accounting for taste; over on brokethebankas.co.uk there's no taste for accounting.
'Hobonomics' :faf: :giruy:

Hiber-nation
20-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Hmm it's all about perception. It's a volatile subject and was intended to have a dig at those who are faced with the prospect of not getting to Hampden and chose to vocalise their disappointment on here about it. I empathise with them. I really do! But even if I didn't, it would never cross my mind to start a thread in the hope of reeling them in.

Nae accounting for taste; especially when it comes to what is and isn't funny :wink:

Spot on :agree:

Hibbyradge
21-04-2013, 08:35 AM

As I pointed out, it wasn't intended to "reel people in".

It was a comment on what inevitably happens when Hibs get to cup finals.

I am genuinely surprised that anyone thought that I seriously believed I should have any sort of priority when I haven't had a season ticket for 2 years.

Did people really think I was "raging"?

I also thought the bit about people getting pissed off when new customers were rewarded was a bit of a giveaway too, but as someone said, maybe even obvious irony doesn't translate well on the MB.

"It's a liberty, so it is"??? I mean come on!

This is very true, Diane. :wink:

clerriehibs
21-04-2013, 09:07 AM

Coming your way, Roy "Chubby" Brown at the Playhouse ...

Now, he's bad taste ... but funny ... hibbyradge was funnier!

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Same here. On a similar note, one that's really annoying (and increasing in popularity) is the use of "of" instead of instead "have", i.e. "I should of done that"

I'm just waiting for "oh my days" to make an appearance to get the double up! :-)

Pretty Boy
21-04-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm just waiting for "oh my days" to make an appearance to get the double up! :-)

Maybe someone will 'touch base' in a bit.

Pat 0-7
21-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Maybe someone will 'touch base' in a bit.

Or maybe they will 'go figure'........:rolleyes:

mcculloch1875
21-04-2013, 08:36 PM
What's with all the student bashing?

Saorsa
21-04-2013, 08:59 PM
What's with all the student bashing?What's wrong with student bashing like? :dunno:

Hibby D
21-04-2013, 09:28 PM
What's wrong with student bashing like? :dunno:I'm still a student - wanna try it?????? :gun::greengrin

greenlex
21-04-2013, 09:29 PM
I'm still a student - wanna try it?????? :gun::greengrin
I used to be a student but I cut it back a bit. Now I'm just a stud.

silverhibee
21-04-2013, 09:30 PM
What's wrong with student bashing like? :dunno:

They will all be out the night getting drunk on £3. :agree:

Hi Fraz. :thumbsup:

Saorsa
21-04-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm still a student - wanna try it?????? :gun::greengrin:panic: :offski:

Saorsa
21-04-2013, 09:48 PM
They will all be out the night getting drunk on £3. :agree: