PDA

View Full Version : Overseas fans - more good news about Hibs TV Xtra

hongkonghibee
17-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Club have announced that ALL the remaining 5 league matches will be shown live on HibsTV Xtra. Up to now the new HibsTV Xtra product has only been for home matches, but from now on ( for this season) it will be for all matches home and away. Cost is 10 pounds/match or 5 pound for the 2 away matches for Xtra half-season ticket holders. Available here http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/xtra
Really happy about this - all our hard work to get the Club to re-introduce this service to overseas supporters has paid-off. The quality of streaming is now good - the picture and sound quality for the semi-final was excellent IMO. Credit to Hibs for also now taking our own newly bought video camera to away matches too, and thanks to the volunteers who are making this possible.:thumbsup:

scott7_0(Prague)
17-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Club have announced that ALL the remaining 5 league matches will be shown live on HibsTV Xtra. Up to now the new HibsTV Xtra product has only been for home matches, but from now on ( for this season) it will be for all matches home and away. Cost is 10 pounds/match or 5 pound for the 2 away matches for Xtra half-season ticket holders. Available here http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/xtra
Really happy about this - all our hard work to get the Club to re-introduce this service to overseas supporters has paid-off. The quality of streaming is now good - the picture and sound quality for the semi-final was excellent IMO. Credit to Hibs for also now taking our own newly bought video camera to away matches too, and thanks to the volunteers who are making this possible.:thumbsup:

Has anyone tried streaming theses links from HIBS TV via a smart TV and does it work?

hongkonghibee
20-04-2013, 11:53 PM
Has anyone tried streaming theses links from HIBS TV via a smart TV and does it work?

I just watch it on my large screen PC, but I should be try linking it to my bigger TV shouldn't I. Need to work out what cables to get. Please let me know if the quality of picture is the same if you try this out.

NYHibby
22-04-2013, 09:22 AM

I haven't tried streaming directly to a TV, but worst case you could always connect a laptop to your TV via a hdmi cable.

HiBremian
22-04-2013, 10:26 AM

Great news :thumbsup:

Also see that an email from Andrew has just landed in my inbox confirming that Xtra half-season ticket holders will be entitled to a Cup Final ticket. Barry :flag:

HibsMax
22-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Great news :thumbsup:

Also see that an email from Andrew has just landed in my inbox confirming that Xtra half-season ticket holders will be entitled to a Cup Final ticket. Barry :flag:

I have no mail from Andrew but I do have a subscription to Hibs TV....not sure if that means I'm covered or not. I didn't get any half season ticket or anything like that though.

HiBremian
22-04-2013, 12:32 PM
I have no mail from Andrew but I do have a subscription to Hibs TV....not sure if that means I'm covered or not. I didn't get any half season ticket or anything like that though.

It came with the half season ticket offer.

HibsMax
22-04-2013, 02:35 PM
It came with the half season ticket offer.

I'll see what Hibs say. I have a subscription and was already able to watch games so there was no reason for me to buy any other package. I would think / hope that people who are paid-up members of Hibs TV are included.

IberianHibernian
22-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Confusing having 2 Hibs TV offers at same time . I watched tonight ( only last hour cause of work ) on Hibs XTRA with half season ticket but think I could have watched on Hibs TV ( currently paying 7 pounds per month for highlights and some away matches ) . 2 remaining away matches will also be on both services I suppose . Next season I suppose will see all home and hopefully a lot of away matches shown on one service with a season ticket for home matches at least . Thanks to all involved .

HibeesLA
23-04-2013, 12:28 AM
Confusing having 2 Hibs TV offers at same time . I watched tonight ( only last hour cause of work ) on Hibs XTRA with half season ticket but think I could have watched on Hibs TV ( currently paying 7 pounds per month for highlights and some away matches ) . 2 remaining away matches will also be on both services I suppose . Next season I suppose will see all home and hopefully a lot of away matches shown on one service with a season ticket for home matches at least . Thanks to all involved .

Agree, and posted something on the H.I.B.S. forum about seeing what Hibs do for next year. I signed up for today's game on XTRA because the quality was supposed to be so much better than the old Interactive service (which I discontinued paying for thinking Xtra would become a one stop shop), but honestly, it really wasn't. The pictures were from ESPN, or whoever was showing the game, but instead of being a 16:9 image, it was anamorphic 4:3. I did a quick look up on a streaming site to confirm that the pictures were the same. Bit disappointed in paying $10 for a single game to be honest, but if the money goes towards helping to improve, then I will look seriously at a season ticket for Xtra next year.

The Green Goblin
23-04-2013, 12:56 AM
Hmm. No email from Andrew and I am a Hibs TV Xtra subscriber. I'll drop him a line tomorrow.

Swedish hibee
23-04-2013, 01:04 AM
What's the difference beween the two? Can someone explain?

The Green Goblin
23-04-2013, 03:26 AM
What's the difference beween the two? Can someone explain?

In response to fans' requests for guaranteed broadcast of all home games (not all were shown by hibs tv) and one or two other frustrations over the 'new improved' hibs tv, the club offered a new "Hibs Xtra" option in January of this year. It was £65 for a "half season ticket" and would show all home games and remaining cup games. The old hibs tv carried on at the same time.

There were some weeks where both were technically broadcasting the same game, and others where only one of them was. For this reason, I and I'm sure a few others, kept both subscriptions. Recently, the club offered the Xtra half season ticket holders the option to add all remaining away games (including the derby) for £10. Presumably next season, with 63 people subscribing to Xtra in January, they will offer some kind of full season ticket. That's just my guess though.

Hope that explains it.

Time For Heroes
23-04-2013, 03:34 AM
I just watch it on my large screen PC, but I should be try linking it to my bigger TV shouldn't I. Need to work out what cables to get. Please let me know if the quality of picture is the same if you try this out.

An HDMI cable works perfectly mate if it will fit on your tv and laptop (it should) i use the one from my xbox and it work fine, no need to install anything etc

HibeesLA
23-04-2013, 05:12 AM
In response to fans' requests for guaranteed broadcast of all home games (not all were shown by hibs tv) and one or two other frustrations over the 'new improved' hibs tv, the club offered a new "Hibs Xtra" option in January of this year. It was £65 for a "half season ticket" and would show all home games and remaining cup games. The old hibs tv carried on at the same time.

There were some weeks where both were technically broadcasting the same game, and others where only one of them was. For this reason, I and I'm sure a few others, kept both subscriptions. Recently, the club offered the Xtra half season ticket holders the option to add all remaining away games (including the derby) for £10. Presumably next season, with 63 people subscribing to Xtra in January, they will offer some kind of full season ticket. That's just my guess though.

Hope that explains it.

I'm hoping they roll the two together and have the highlights/interviews etc, and the coverage in a season package, as well as split out with the option to add games akin to a PATG supporter.

The Tubs
23-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Agree, and posted something on the H.I.B.S. forum about seeing what Hibs do for next year. I signed up for today's game on XTRA because the quality was supposed to be so much better than the old Interactive service (which I discontinued paying for thinking Xtra would become a one stop shop), but honestly, it really wasn't. The pictures were from ESPN, or whoever was showing the game, but instead of being a 16:9 image, it was anamorphic 4:3. I did a quick look up on a streaming site to confirm that the pictures were the same. Bit disappointed in paying $10 for a single game to be honest, but if the money goes towards helping to improve, then I will look seriously at a season ticket for Xtra next year.

The weird thing is that the image quality on Hibs TV International is a million times better than on Hibs TV Xtra. Last night I had both on: I watched the images on International and listened to the commentary on Xtra.

Hopefully we'll have the best of both next season.

Stenny
23-04-2013, 10:11 PM
An HDMI cable works perfectly mate if it will fit on your tv and laptop (it should) i use the one from my xbox and it work fine, no need to install anything etc

Also use the HDMI cable, straight from the laptop into the back of tv and the sound through the speakers, works a treat. The two away games for a fiver is a nice offer.

The email from Andrew with the ticket info was in the email with the sections of the programme attached.

KWJ
24-04-2013, 12:10 AM
How feasible is it to have an option to view the game on demand? I've not bought any yet or a ST as I tend to miss games through work or have the option of a cheeky alternative when the times are changed for TV in UK.

And what's the overseas forum called again, can't seem to find it.

GGTTH :flag:

PeeJay
24-04-2013, 06:30 AM
How feasible is it to have an option to view the game on demand? I've not bought any yet or a ST as I tend to miss games through work or have the option of a cheeky alternative when the times are changed for TV in UK.

http://hibs-world.net/forum/

Dalkeith
24-04-2013, 06:42 AM

www.hibs-world.net (http://www.hibs-world.net)

KWJ
24-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Is the site down now? The links didn't work for me and a google search came up with it but site said naw.

Dalkeith
24-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Is the site down now? The links didn't work for me and a google search came up with it but site said naw.

Thats because the domain name ran out today will sort it in a bit

Dalkeith
24-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Thats because the domain name ran out today will sort it in a bit

should be back now:thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
25-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Thought this (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130425/hibernian-tv-time-to-vote_2262950_3156736) was a nice touch from Hibs and the family :agree:

hongkonghibee
25-04-2013, 12:56 PM
should be back now:thumbsup:

Thanks!:thumbsup: