PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a holiday booked/missing the final?

macca70
16-04-2013, 10:33 PM
The girlfriends Dad is taking the family to Kefalonia in Greece for 10 days, flying out 24th May. All booked up a couple of months ago.

I don't think I have any way out of it :(

Anyone else got something booked and absolutey gutted to be missing the Final?

Was speaking to someone who was paying £400 to change there holiday as they also had it booked and clashing with the final.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 10:36 PM
The girlfriends Dad is taking the family to Kefalonia in Greece for 10 days, flying out 24th May. All booked up a couple of months ago.

Was speaking to someone who was paying £400 to change there holiday as they also had it booked and clashing with the final.

Can I have your ticket, I don't need it but would like it anyway to add to other ones I don't really need.

InterviewLoI
16-04-2013, 10:43 PM
I have exams so I cant make it. Also, its Sellick so flights are crazy if I decide to go last minute...

Kenny1875
16-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Buy your ticket and leave the seat empty so a lucky fan has a place for their sandwiches.

SteveHFC
16-04-2013, 10:49 PM

Can i get your ticket and sell it for £200? :greengrin

PerfectlyFranck
16-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Give your ticket to this passionate Hibbie, here he is after Hibs made it 4-3...

http://www.randomfunnypicture.com/pictures/1009daffy-duck-being-naughty.gif

SteveHFC
16-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Give your ticket to this passionate Hibbie, here he is after Hibs made it 4-3...

http://www.randomfunnypicture.com/pictures/1009daffy-duck-being-naughty.gif

:faf: :faf:

garys
16-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Had a cruise booked for about a year that leaves on 24 may but decided after the quarter final to give it 2 someone else for free as i bought it for my mums 70th birthday and would've been harsh leaving her 2 go herself!! :-D

NOLA
16-04-2013, 11:23 PM

Dump the girlfriend?

Mister P
16-04-2013, 11:35 PM
My bro has a holiday booked, 5 days, canny mind where. He flies out on the Friday and there's no other flights till the Wednesday, no chance in hell he can re arrange or travel later. On the plus side, I'm getting his ticket.... Unless he finds a solution then I'm we shafted!

ian cruise
17-04-2013, 12:09 AM
I'm on honeymoon, will be on a plane back from borneo. Safe to say there no chance of me making the final.

Mixu62
17-04-2013, 02:58 AM
The other half is expecting the latest addition to the Hibee-nation and could happen any time from Mid May onwards, so I might not even see it online. Selfish wee sprog!! :devil::greengrin

MSK
17-04-2013, 05:50 AM
Were away to Turkey the week after for 10 days ..perfect way tae soak up the cup win ..:pfgwa

IWasThere2016
17-04-2013, 06:04 AM
The Greeks/the airline/the holiday co/the father-in-law could go bust before the final :thumbsup:

johnbc70
17-04-2013, 06:05 AM
Anyone else know someone that is choosing not to go? After last year my Dad said he would never go to a final again, and true to his word he is not going to go.

hibee_girl
17-04-2013, 06:13 AM
I booked my holiday for the day after the final, just in case :greengrin

cocopops1875
17-04-2013, 06:18 AM
I'm running the half marathon in the morning so will miss my bus no doubt, My cousin who is not one of us is giving me a lift to where our bus Is booked in for pre match drinks, thank Christ I didn't sign up for the full marathon or I would have had some real problems

NYHibby
17-04-2013, 06:18 AM
I'm going back to America for the second half of May to visit my family so I will be missing the final.

Maybe I should be posting this in the omen thread, but I missed the final last year too after going to all the other cup games because my parents came here to visit me & we were in London on the day of the final. Maybe my family doing the opposite is a sign Hibs will get the opposite result this year.

Jack Ferrigan
17-04-2013, 07:41 AM
Yes we have a holiday booked to mainland Greece leaving on the 25th.
Having never missed a Hibs Scottish Cup Final since the 70's I see it as possibly the best good luck omen Hibs could have!!!
Where will I find a bar in Kalambaka (Meteora) to watch the game?
Then again if Samaras is listed to play there could be a good chance.
Could be the start of an even more enjoyable holiday. GGTTH.

DarlingtonHibee
17-04-2013, 07:49 AM
Wife booked a "surprise" holiday three months ago- flying Sat 25th - Montego Bay - can't believe it :rolleyes:

I suppose I may as well ask - options

1. Try and find an Americian channel that may cover the game.

2. Live pay stream.

3. Hibs TV ?

Any advice please (apart from not going on holiday)

lyonhibs
17-04-2013, 07:53 AM
I've got a long weekend break booked for a couple of months now....to come back to Scotland :greengrin

Feel really sorry for those that find themselves lumbered with a holiday and no chance of being at the game.

McGrawzy
17-04-2013, 08:03 AM
I fly back into Glasgow airport from Orlando 7:30am on Sunday 26th May!! fingers crossed my flights not delayed!! :flag:

Billy Whizz
17-04-2013, 08:04 AM
Around for the final of course, but heading to Spain with 10 Jambos on 7th June, would be nice to be able to wear a Scottish Cup winners t shirt for the week!

Hibby70
17-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Baby not due till 7th June. Just been told she's being induced round about 23rd. Could get tight.

Do you have to pay for a day old kid or do you think I could just "lift him over"

Kojock
17-04-2013, 08:17 AM
At last years final I got talking to the old boy sitting beside me, there was a spare seat next to him and I asked him why that was.

He explained that his wife had died earlier that week and that was her seat. I asked why he didn't give her ticket to a friend or relative. He said he would have but they couldn't come as they were all at the funeral. :wink:

EuanH78
17-04-2013, 08:36 AM
Baby not due till 7th June. Just been told she's being induced round about 23rd. Could get tight.

Do you have to pay for a day old kid or do you think I could just "lift him over"

1st baby due on 27th May.... Children are so selfish. Mind you, I'll be going anyway - just have to drive and keep an eye on phone which in no way will be on silent till at least full time.

Andy74
17-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Just been told she's being induced round about 23rd. Could get tight.

Oh I don't think so. :wink:

Hibby Kay-Yay
17-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Yup, I'm in LaManga with the family. You'll hear me cheer if we win this thing :flag:

Hibby70
17-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Oh I don't think so. :wink:

I reckon she'll say tight. I may have a different view :)

Taz_hibee
17-04-2013, 09:13 AM
I was booked to go to the Algarve until 28th but paid £120 to bring forward a week so will now be nice & tanned for the final :-))

sauzee=legend
17-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Leave 22may for Malaysia - as soon as the holiday was booked I told the girlfriend it's the Scottish cup final whilst I am away and it will be the only time in my life time they will win the cup and I will miss the game, the parade and the massive party. Cause of the time difference I doubt I will even be able to watch it on tv.

Hibby Cam
17-04-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm running the Edinburgh marathon which means im gutted I will miss the final but I'm gonna run very fast to watch it on tv

Sioux
17-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Algarve 21 to 29 May. Flight back arr Prestwick at 12.40 on 26th €49. Back out 27th at canny mind the time for €59. Taxis to and from Faro €75 each way, o/night Glasgow or Prestwick say £60, plenty cash for bevvy food etc, makes it an expensive day oot (probbaly £350) and an even more expensive holiday. Need to leave other half on her own for best part of two days (no approached that subject yet).

Not sure what do do, and don't fanct travelling from Ayrshire on train that's probably going to be packed wi that shower of low life. On the other hand having seen all cup finals since 1969, I'd hate to miss the 'big one' if it was to happen.

Help:greengrin

Onion
17-04-2013, 09:51 AM
I'm on honeymoon, will be on a plane back from borneo. Safe to say there no chance of me making the final.

Normal route from Borneo is E to W. Fly back via the USA (W to E) and you'll catch the match no probs. Just ask your travel agent.

Hibby70
17-04-2013, 10:01 AM
What we need is a De Lorean with 1.21 gigawatts.

HibeeEmma
17-04-2013, 10:09 AM

I would change the ticket to 26th evening or 27th. If the holiday is paid for i'm sure you won't mind spending a little to change it.

Hibby70
17-04-2013, 10:15 AM
I would change the ticket to 26th evening or 27th. If the holiday is paid for i'm sure you won't mind spending a little to change it.

£200 for a flight.

down-the-slope
17-04-2013, 10:20 AM

I missed 6-2 game when flying out to Borneo in 2000 :rolleyes:

I also missed 2007 Cup Final as I was in Madrid on a weekend break that was Christmas pressie for Mrs DTS....:rolleyes:

This years trip to Berlin Pressie was arranged with great care dates wise ... missing St Mirren match.. so bank on us hammering them :greengrin

Come to think of it...maybe I should be paid NOT to attend final :Ummm:

aussie_hibee
17-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Just made the heartbreaking decision not to fly back. We are building a new home and I would have to dip in to the savings for the pool to pay for the trip. I just can't justify to my kids that they don't get the pool or have to wait longer for it so I can go back (AGAIN). Whilst its the right decision as a parent, it's the first time I've not done absolutely everything in my power to get to a game.

Jamesie
17-04-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm running the Edinburgh marathon which means im gutted I will miss the final but I'm gonna run very fast to watch it on tv

I know of someone who is also running the marathon but is considering a taxi to Hampden afterwards, if that would interest you at all? If so drop me a PM.

Hermit Crab
17-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Just made the heartbreaking decision not to fly back. We are building a new home and I would have to dip in to the savings for the pool to pay for the trip. I just can't justify to my kids that they don't get the pool or have to wait longer for it so I can go back (AGAIN). Whilst its the right decision as a parent, it's the first time I've not done absolutely everything in my power to get to a game.

Gutted for you mate. Kids will love you forever though.

Jamesie
17-04-2013, 11:46 AM
I've never really sat down and worked out how much it cost me to change my overland trip in Africa last year to be at the Cup Final but when I took into account flights and change fees it would be somewhere in the region of £500. When Kujabi was shown the red card and there was no way back I felt ashamed of myself to be honest. Still, on the basis of the original dates the Final was a week into the three week trip I was on and I would have struggled to really enjoy myself during that time. Could have put that money to better use though!

aussie_hibee
17-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Gutted for you mate. Kids will love you forever though.

Trust me, if we pull this off, I'll never let them forget it either...!

Hermit Crab
17-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Trust me, if we pull this off, I'll never let them forget it either...!

Haha I'll bet you won't.

Hibby Cam
17-04-2013, 12:09 PM
I know of someone who is also running the marathon but is considering a taxi to Hampden afterwards, if that would interest you at all? If so drop me a PM.

Thanks for that, by the time I get finished and smell which will be emanating from my body odour i will be cutting it fine so will have to drink heavily in front of the tv

happiehibbie
17-04-2013, 12:11 PM
I am missing the Final but hey ho there will be others :)