PDA

View Full Version : Would you play Griffiths at the PBS?

Mikey
16-04-2013, 02:05 PM
I wouldn't.

I wouldn't trust them not to boot him off the park. I don't even trust Locke not to instruct his "players" to boot him off the park.

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Agreed. We've got to prioritise and the derby is insignificant.

Westie1875
16-04-2013, 02:10 PM
No chance, would even rest Claros and Williams too!

HibeeN
16-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Nope. Maybe give Caldwell and Handling a run up front together.

Edit: Or Kuqi, to really confuse them! I'd actually love to see him and Ngoo on the same pitch!

The Sea-gull
16-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Not worth the risk in my opinion.

As has been said, could see Locke asking his players to give LG "a bit of treatment" and even if he doesn't could see some of their players being hell bent on endearing themselves to their supporters by halfing him and/or trying to wind him up with a view to him gettting sent off.

Appreciate that even if he did get sent off it is a different competition so unlikely to affect him playing in the final but we and he could do without any bad publicity in the run up to the final. All it would take is their fans winding him up and a wee set to with them in the form of a verbal or a gesture then he is up before the SFA.

Would love to beat them at Tynie but would much rather give ourselves every chance of winning the cup and not do anything to jeapordise our already fairly slim chances. Although it doesn't seem like it, we get more chances to win at the PBS than we do to win the cup.

#FromTheCapital
16-04-2013, 02:23 PM
No chance, we need to be giving our key players a rest for this one. Couldn't give a toss about this meaningless end of season derby, it may as well be a friendly but I wouldn't trust ginger tattoo freakshow and friends not to go out to seriously injure our better players

SteveHFC
16-04-2013, 02:26 PM
I would start Kuqi and Kujabi :aok:

The Sea-gull
16-04-2013, 02:26 PM
In general, PF has got to give careful consideration to getting the balance right in the final five fixtures, which relative to what is at stake on 26th May, mean very little.

He's got to keep the players fit both mentally and physically but not over-risk them either.

Think we'll see some varied, inconsistent and experimental line ups which will be reflected in results and performances between now and end of SPL campaign.

The key is to avoid injuries and burn out of important players but keep fitness and match sharpness up, build moral, ideally by winning a couple of games but certainly performing well and perhaps most improtantly, avoid too many shoddy performances/heavy moral damaging defeats.

I actually think, with the pressure of making the top 6 and making the cup final removed, having achived one of these two, we might go on and do ok in the remainder of the season.

Mikey
16-04-2013, 02:28 PM
In general, PF has got to give careful consideration to getting the balance right in the final five fixtures, which relative to what is at stake on 26th May, mean very little.

He's got to keep the players fit both mentally and physically but not over-risk them either.

Think we'll see some varied, inconsistent and experimental line ups which will be reflected in results and performances between now and end of SPL campaign.

The key is to avoid injuries and burn out of important players but keep fitness and match sharpness up, build moral, ideally by winning a couple of games but certainly performing well and perhaps most improtantly, avoid too many shoddy performances/heavy moral damaging defeats.

Yep, it's five training matches as he puts together the perfect team, formation and mentality for the 26th.

There'll be much gnashing of teeth if we lose those five games but in the grand scheme of things they're nowhere near as important as our sixth game.

Captain Trips
16-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Not only has PF managed to get us to another final it appears and I stress appears it looks like he might have got some just to write off rest of SPL campaign as some folk since half time now think he is man to take us forward due to reaching the final alone have people just written off our last games and PF can do as he likes?

On to Mikeys point in terms of above unfortuantly the fixture v Hearts I would write off drop LG and others we without doubt need everyone fit a brusing Derby is the last thing we need. 100% drop LG and a fre others even Williams the rest of the games we need momentum we need to see that 2nd half carry into our next 3/4 matches, we do not want to be sitting 10th 11th again do we with poor form.

#FromTheCapital
16-04-2013, 02:31 PM

:agree:

Last year was a much differnt situation as we were fighting for survival whilst trying to keep an eye on the final at the same time. We have breathing space this year but ideally we want to win most of our remaining games to get a bit of momentum going into the final.

We should be focusing on the first 3 games after the split, but after that I think we will need to give better players a seat on the bench

The Sea-gull
16-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Yep, it's five training matches as he puts together the perfect team, formation and mentality for the 26th.

There'll be much gnashing of teeth if we lose those five games but in the grand scheme of things they're nowhere near as important as our sixth game.

Nobody would really remember what happens in the last five games if we win the big one on 26th May and the results would only get a mention if we lose the final and/or start next season badly. And rightly so. That's all ifs and buts though. We have to live in the here and now. We haven't lost a cup final yet, even Hibs can't be slated for losing a game they have not yet played and while we still have the game to play we have to give ourselves every opportunity of winning it.

neilmartinrocks
16-04-2013, 02:35 PM
I ken what you boys mean but.... meaningless friendly? Its a DERBY ffs US-v-them play a lighter team by all means but go out tae win the game surely?

Captain Trips
16-04-2013, 02:39 PM
I ken what you boys mean but.... meaningless friendly? Its a DERBY ffs US-v-them play a lighter team by all means but go out tae win the game surely?

We cannot go on not winning SPL matches regardless of 26th May we have to see that we are moving on, I would though say that the Hearts game is one I wouldnt care about the points more on the fitness.

Stevie Reid
16-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Would put a shadow team out (might not be too different from our usual performances there anyway!)

hibsbollah
16-04-2013, 02:42 PM
As much as I want to keep the unbeaten derby run going, I'd rest Griffiths, McPake and Claros as well.

Captain Trips
16-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Would put a shadow team out (might not be too different from our usual performances there anyway!)

Doing this you may also just get a wild card player that throws himself onto maybe even a bench place because we are very inconsitant there is time just about to come in and show you have the papers.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Personally, id play doyle and handling up front and rest griffiths for may 26.

Fife-Hibee
16-04-2013, 02:55 PM
I think fielding a few youngsters for the derby might go in our favour anyway. The big players will want to stay away from injuries thus meaning shirking out of 50/50s and the young guns will be more up for the fight !

legends of 73
16-04-2013, 02:56 PM
I would rest Williams to give Murdoch a run out just incase he's needed, Thomson and Claros to be rested put in deegan and Robertson deegan just to boot **** out of them Robertson cos he'll not play in the final up front Doyle, Handling and Caldwell . Might even take mcpake and McGivern out the team as these mutant cants will boot **** out of our top guys

SteveHFC
16-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Murdoch

Forster
Donaldson
Clancy
Kujabi

Cairney
Deegan
Stevenson
Harris

Kuqi
Handling

Subs:
Williams
McPake
Hanlon
Thomson
Robertson
Caldwell
Doyle

neilmartinrocks
16-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Murdoch
Maybury Donalson Foster Kujabi
Cairney Horribine Wotherspoon Stevenson
Kuqi Doyle

some team eh? and Doyles only there coz we dinnae hae another striker.

:greengrin

GlenrothesHibee
16-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Tattoo man worries me. They guys an idiot. Wouldnt put it past him to fly 2 footed into somebody again. Id play a few of the youngsters and rest a few of the big players. Now until 26th may should be about preparing for the cup final and nothing else

Judas Iscariot
16-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Williams

Maybury
Clancy
McGivern
Stevenson

Wotherspoon
Deegan
Roberston
Cairney

Kuqi
Handling

Kato
16-04-2013, 03:03 PM
Cotton wool for a few players. Particularly that fixture.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 03:05 PM
How do some people on this board cope with real life?

neilmartinrocks
16-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Or we cuild put a wee nut job on the pitch and just kick tats clean off it afore he gets the chance tae hack anybody. just a thought.:greengrin

Jones28
16-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Nah. Play to win

Franck Stanton
16-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Difficult question to answer really. Which game is the most important - Derby or Cup Final. Head ,[ quite rightly] says Cup Final, however goes against the grain [big time] to conceed anything to those puddle-drinkers. This derby, is , for me, one of - if not THE, most insignificant in my living memory. Obviously want a win, however if we play a weakened team and they lot do manage a lucky win, does it really matter [apart from bragging rights/keeping our unbeaten run alive] ? Weighed up against the risk of losing some of our star turns for the final I have to conceed that we should play a weakened team as those hammer throwers would definately go out to maim as many as they could with Leigh the most obvious target.

Captain Trips
16-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Difficult question to answer really. Which game is the most important - Derby or Cup Final. Head ,[ quite rightly] says Cup Final, however goes against the grain [big time] to conceed anything to those puddle-drinkers. This derby, is , for me, one of - if not THE, most insignificant in my living memory. Obviously want a win, however if we play a weakened team and they lot do manage a lucky win, does it really matter [apart from bragging rights/keeping our unbeaten run alive] ? Weighed up against the risk of losing some of our star turns for the final I have to conceed that we should play a weakened team as those hammer throwers would definately go out to maim as many as they could with Leigh the most obvious target.

I would then look to be picking my cup final team or as close to v Dundee cannot drop them for what would be nearly 3 weeks by final time.

16-04-2013, 03:21 PM
No, this might be the biggest game on hearts calendar but we have bigger priorities and hearts will be determined to hack and kick lumps out us (more so than usual) to try cause key players to miss the final. Although a derby win would be a great confidence booster, we can't afford the likes of Sparky, Harris, McPake etc. getting injured and missing the big one in May.

Mikey
16-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Does anyone remember the circumstances of Sauzee's injury in 2001? Wasn't it in the last few minutes of the last league game?

I do remember the fuss because McLeish hadn't subbed him or rested him altogether :greengrin

Hiber-nation
16-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Full team please. A Derby win would be a massive confidence booster.

neilmartinrocks
16-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Does anyone remember the circumstances of Sauzee's injury in 2001? Wasn't it in the last few minutes of the last league game?

I do remember the fuss because McLeish hadn't subbed him or rested him altogether :greengrin

Achiles thing wasn't it?

JimBHibees
16-04-2013, 03:31 PM

We played Rangers in the last game at Ibrox which was 6 days before the final. Celtc had won the league and played a shadow team. GJP picked a full team which got horsed 4-0 and Franck pulled his hamstring near the end.

Captain Trips
16-04-2013, 03:36 PM

A great Hibs team then and to be fair Celtic were not to shabby but very confident going into that game and was surprised at the scoreline tbh.

Waxy
16-04-2013, 03:42 PM
No.i'd play our under 19s in this meaningless derby.
For once i dont care about the result.
Caring about the result in this is detrimental to our cup chance.

Bostonhibby
16-04-2013, 03:44 PM
I wouldn't.

I wouldn't trust them not to boot him off the park. I don't even trust Locke not to instruct his "players" to boot him off the park.

Nope, we should stick with the hugely succesful and entertaining 4 5 1 but Kuqi should be the 1 with the instruction to knock ten bells out of whatever they put up as a defence.

kentao
16-04-2013, 03:45 PM
I'd play the youngsters and prove once and for all who has the best in the country. We cant afford injuries to the spine of our team and Harris. If it wasn't for Harris dragging us back into the semi we would have been dead and buried.

Stevie Reid
16-04-2013, 03:48 PM

We were already losing heavily and someone was through on goal in a 1v1 in the last few minutes - Franck put his body on the line and ended up injured. McLeish should never have played him.

No way he was fit the following week, and that, coupled with the loss of Latapy, was that unfortunately.

Dashing Bob S
16-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Not so sure that the derby is meaningless.

After all, there will be other Scottish Cup finals...

Captain Trips
16-04-2013, 03:56 PM
I think league placings at time of match might be a factor in team selection, I think LG will want to play and not want dropped.

Billy Whizz
16-04-2013, 04:12 PM
I think we'll play our strongest team against Hearts, and a shadow side against Dundee

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Or we cuild put a wee nut job on the pitch and just kick tats clean off it afore he gets the chance tae hack anybody. just a thought.:greengrin

I'm not that wee but i'll definitely put my hand up for this task.

VickMackie
16-04-2013, 04:23 PM
No chance.

DH1875
16-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Rest the lot if them.

lyonhibs
16-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Whatever 11 players we put out at the PBS should know what that fixture means to the fans, and as it'll maybe be a chance for a few fringe players to put themselves in the shop window/stake a claim for next season - esp up front - then I think the "Irreplaceables" (or at least important players liable to be targeted by the Jamboids) should be rested, and only brough on if things go really tits up.

Griffiths, Thomson, Williams, Harris and McPake should all take a seat on the bench for me. We play pish at Tynie with our strongest 11, so I fail to see how resting key players for the cup final in this game should be discouraged.

As long as the mentality and application of those that come in is correct.

leithsansiro
16-04-2013, 05:02 PM
In fairness, if our roles were reversed, I'm sure that we'd be more than encouraging for a few hefty challenges being put into their key men.

hibsbollah
16-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Resting players will also serve to rub it in that we have bigger priorities, like the Cup we dumped them out of, not to mention European qualification. They will be even more sickly obsessive and bitter than normal. Beating them with a shadow team will be hilarious:greengrin

leithsansiro
16-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Resting players will also serve to rub it in that we have bigger priorities, like the Cup we dumped them out of, not to mention European qualification. They will be even more sickly obsessive and bitter than normal. Beating them with a shadow team will be hilarious:greengrin

Probably not going to happen, but I love the idea of Kuqi breaking free of the defence in the last minute to slip home a winner...

HibernianJK
16-04-2013, 05:17 PM
I'm pretty sure Leigh would be dying to play in what could be his and our last derby ever

16-04-2013, 05:20 PM
I'm pretty sure Leigh would be dying to play in what could be his and our last derby ever

True, he despises that ugly mob just as much as us all and i'm sure will be dying to score the winner against them in his last derby but i'm sure scoring the winner in the Scottish cup final would mean even more to him and i'm sure he would be absolutely devastated if he got injured at tynie and missed the chance to play in the final, even if he did score the winner at tynie before he went off.

chrisski33
16-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Wrap em all up in cotton wool i say! ffs why not just not play them at all til the final, i mean whats stopping them from not getting injured against aberdeen or during training?
Keep the faith play them win at pbs and win in the final

hibsbollah
16-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Wrap em all up in cotton wool i say! ffs why not just not play them at all til the final, i mean whats stopping them from not getting injured against aberdeen or during training?
Keep the faith play them win at pbs and win in the final

There is the other side of the coin, which is if you rest the majority of the first team squad for the next 6 weeks or so they're going to lose their match fitness and (technical term I know) 'zip'. I'm not a fitness conditioning expert but I imagine there's a fine line between the two extremes...

hibsbollah
16-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Probably not going to happen, but I love the idea of Kuqi breaking free of the defence in the last minute to slip home a winner...

Kuqi doing the swan dive in front of the yams, causing a small crater to appear in the Merrick penalty box:faf:

NOLA
16-04-2013, 06:02 PM
I think fielding a few youngsters for the derby might go in our favour anyway. The big players will want to stay away from injuries thus meaning shirking out of 50/50s and the young guns will be more up for the fight !
agree with that, subconciously the players wont be going into tackles 100% which is usually when you can pick up a sore one.

Sir David Gray
16-04-2013, 06:10 PM
I would rest every single player that is likely to play in the cup final.

My team against them would be;

Murdoch

Kujabi
Forster
Donaldson
Maybury

Deegan
Done
Horribine
Wotherspoon

Kuqi
Caldwell

I would put the under 14s on the bench!

I wouldn't even allow Leigh Griffiths to set foot inside Tynecastle to watch this game. I wouldn't put it past them to booby trap his seat.

weonlywon6-2
16-04-2013, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't.

Its a derby so he will put out his strongest team.I wouldnt expect anything less,meaningless or not.

understand what you are saying though

weonlywon6-2
16-04-2013, 06:15 PM
I would rest every single player that is likely to play in the cup final.

My team against them would be;

Murdoch

Kujabi
Forster
Donaldson
Maybury

Deegan
Done
Horribine
Wotherspoon

Kuqi
Caldwell

I would put the under 14s on the bench!

I wouldn't even allow Leigh Griffiths to set foot inside Tynecastle to watch this game. I wouldn't put it past them to booby trap his seat.

and we get beat 7-0 after fielding a weakend team,nah

Sir David Gray
16-04-2013, 06:16 PM

Hearts scoring seven goals in one game?

:faf:

NOLA
16-04-2013, 07:02 PM
We were already losing heavily and someone was through on goal in a 1v1 in the last few minutes - Franck put his body on the line and ended up injured. McLeish should never have played him.

No way he was fit the following week, and that, coupled with the loss of Latapy, was that unfortunately.
Sauzee wanted to play as it would be his last chance to experience ibrox

16-04-2013, 07:08 PM

We could play our under 14's and they STILL wouldn't be able to score 7. Last year, yes they proberly could have but not this season.

Kato
16-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Sauzee wanted to play as it would be his last chance to experience ibrox

?? Sauzee who had just signed a new contract?/

Kato
16-04-2013, 07:43 PM

Nobody else notice what Bob did here?

mca
16-04-2013, 08:08 PM

Nobody else notice what Bob did here?

He is not wrong.. :greengrin

Tyler Durden
16-04-2013, 08:14 PM
As much as I want to keep the unbeaten derby run going, I'd rest Griffiths, McPake and Claros as well.

The unbeaten derby run which we should be bothered about is Hearts current 13 game run against us. We've wasted the last 2 chances with our negative tactics. Probably this is Griffiths final opportunity to play against them, Id play our strongest team and go for a confidence boosting win ahead of the final.

Fenlon has to make the semi a turning point and go on the offensive more often.

NOLA
16-04-2013, 08:27 PM
?? Sauzee who had just signed a new contract?/
had he? oh well, i remember something about him saying he wanted to play at ibrox nevertheless, :greengrin

IWasThere2016
16-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Never! The puddle-drinking rat-eaters will 'do' him - no doubt in my mind.

Pat 0-7
16-04-2013, 08:48 PM
The unbeaten derby run which we should be bothered about is Hearts current 13 game run against us. We've wasted the last 2 chances with our negative tactics. Probably this is Griffiths final opportunity to play against them, Id play our strongest team and go for a confidence boosting win ahead of the final.

:top marks

We need a win against the mutants, maybe drop a player or two but put out a strong team.

Mikey
16-04-2013, 08:54 PM

It's funny how some will completely disregard the win over them in the cup just so that they can keep banging away at the club :hilarious

The current derby run is 4 unbeaten. And it aint them that's defending it :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2013, 09:04 PM
It's funny how some will completely disregard the win over them in the cup just so that they can keep banging away at the club :hilarious

The current derby run is 4 unbeaten. And it aint them that's defending it :wink:

They're unbeaten against us if you exclude all the times we've won.

Hibeesforever
16-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Murdoch
Maybury Donalson Foster Kujabi
Cairney Horribine Wotherspoon Stevenson
Kuqi Doyle

some team eh? and Doyles only there coz we dinnae hae another striker.

:greengrin

I am liking the Kuqi chat upfront leading the line. A victory with that set up would definitely be one to savour!

Tyler Durden
16-04-2013, 09:27 PM

Was intended to read 13 game SPL run as I'm sure you're aware!

Apologies that I'm keen on Hibs doing their best to beat Hearts, heaven forbid. It was telling after the last derby that Fenlon said he was satisfied as we remained unbeaten against them this season and that was important. Of course that is all true but id rather we focused on the importance of winning every game against them and approached the game with that mentality.

One step at a time perhaps....

Eyrie
16-04-2013, 09:32 PM

Why only SPL? Why would you want to disregard putting them out of their "special" cup?

Ryan91
16-04-2013, 09:46 PM

Apologies that I'm keen on Hibs doing their best to beat Hearts, heaven forbid. It was telling after the last derby that Fenlon said he was satisfied as we remained unbeaten against them this season and that was important. Of course that is all true but id rather we focused on the importance of winning every game against them and approached the game with that mentality.

One step at a time perhaps....

Of course we want to win against them, but I don't think we should be playing important first team players as they will be looking to kick lumps out of us.

We should be looking to hopefully sneak out a win against them but I think with a second string team out there we'll be looking more for a draw. Whilst that will mean they will be unbeaten in 14 league games against us, it will also mark the first time in I don't know how long that we've not lost to them in a season.

In addition it will be a good opportunity for fringe players to stake their claim for a possible place on the bench for the cup game and a good opportunity for our younger players to get big game experience.

Tyler Durden
16-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Why only SPL? Why would you want to disregard putting them out of their "special" cup?

They're unbeaten in 13 SPL games. This thread relates to the next SPL derby. I think it's a disgrace that we're 13 games since a league derby win and therefore we should field our strongest team to win the next one.

Is something unclear there?

Ryan91
16-04-2013, 10:03 PM
They're unbeaten in 13 SPL games. This thread relates to the next SPL derby. I think it's a disgrace that we're 13 games since a league derby win and therefore we should field our strongest team to win the next one.

Nothing unclear there, but there is a far more important game than a derby coming up soon and playing our strongest side against them is simply asking for trouble.

Everyone here knows that the pondlife across the road, will gladly kick lumps out of our best players in an attempt to keep them out of the final.

Don't take the risk, play a second string side, hope for a win and hope that we don't lose anyone to injury.

rcarter1
16-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Whatever 11 players we put out at the PBS should know what that fixture means to the fans, and as it'll maybe be a chance for a few fringe players to put themselves in the shop window/stake a claim for next season - esp up front - then I think the "Irreplaceables" (or at least important players liable to be targeted by the Jamboids) should be rested, and only brough on if things go really tits up.

Griffiths, Thomson, Williams, Harris and McPake should all take a seat on the bench for me. We play pish at Tynie with our strongest 11, so I fail to see how resting key players for the cup final in this game should be discouraged.

As long as the mentality and application of those that come in is correct.

This, and also anyone playing against Hearts should be paid danger money. :tin hat: That lot from ball boy, to 'owners' are seriously unhinged. Skeein doos all round just in case. :gun:

The Modfather
16-04-2013, 10:09 PM
If we put out a shadow team/weakened teams I assume Hibs will tailor the ticket price for these games? If not, I assume there's no issues with the fans following suit and saving their money for the final?

Sir David Gray
16-04-2013, 10:23 PM
If we put out a shadow team/weakened teams I assume Hibs will tailor the ticket price for these games? If not, I assume there's no issues with the fans following suit and saving their money for the final?

Ticket prices for the derby will be set by Hearts.

Onion
17-04-2013, 08:01 AM
We are their only reason for being and our Cup record is their Crown Jewels. They are not a professional football club, they are a small-minded, bitter and horrible bunch of thugs who will stop at nothing to reduce our chances of winning on 26 May. Hibs should forfeit the match in the interests of player safety, and deny them any more funding.

Kato
17-04-2013, 05:48 PM
We are their only reason for being and our Cup record is their Crown Jewels. They are not a professional football club, they are a small-minded, bitter and horrible bunch of thugs who will stop at nothing to reduce our chances of winning on 26 May. Hibs should forfeit the match in the interests of player safety, and deny them any more funding.

C'mon you, that's way to lenient.

Moon unit
17-04-2013, 07:03 PM
I am liking the Kuqi chat upfront leading the line. A victory with that set up would definitely be one to savour!

Use Kuqi up front against them and ask him to be a Human battering ram against any of them!

Eyrie
17-04-2013, 07:39 PM

The cup game was a derby. Is there something unclear there? I want to beat them in every game and not just in the SPL.

Phil MaGlass
17-04-2013, 07:47 PM
No I wouldnae play him at the PBS, he should be a sub but made to warm up for 85 minutes wearing a sumbrero, waving a passport and wearing a T-shirt saying "it might be a thumbhead but this thumbheed´s goin tae Europe this year"" GIRFUY windae lickers".

neilmartinrocks
17-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Thought about it and .......... Derby = strongest team play to win **** the hearts!!:greengrin

hibsbollah
17-04-2013, 08:12 PM

The '13 match unbeaten run' is an empty stat to me because you're leaving our cup win. I don't understand why anyone would do that unless they're trying to construct a point based on false stats. If anything beating Hearts in the Scottish cup is worth more (to me at least) than a SPL derby win, because it has at least the possibility of silverware at the end of it for one of the teams.

It's also more accurate to highlight the Hibs 4 games unbeaten stat because it has immediate relevance. Their Vlad era record against us is unrepresentative of current realities because they racked up those wins and draws paying five times the wages we were paying and cheating tax, none of which is going to happen anymore.

Im pretty happy about our derby present and future.

Kato
17-04-2013, 09:26 PM
No I wouldnae play him at the PBS, he should be a sub but made to warm up for 85 minutes wearing a sumbrero, waving a passport and wearing a T-shirt saying "SMELL THE THUMB".

Fixed

Hibercelona
18-04-2013, 01:46 AM
Lets take no chances against THEM....

----------------------Grant---------------------

----Maybury----Donaldson----Hanlon----Kujabi-----

-----Done---Horribine----Robertson---Stevenson---

--------- Handling--------------------------------

----------------------Kuqi--------------------------

SUBS: Williams, McPake, Clancy, Wotherspoon, Caldwell

lord bunberry
18-04-2013, 02:59 AM
We should be playing our strongest team in all our games except the dundee game. We need to get a bit of momentum going and have a team that's confident going into the final. After the derby they will have two weeks to prepare for the final.

Tyler Durden
18-04-2013, 06:29 AM
The '13 match unbeaten run' is an empty stat to me because you're leaving our cup win. I don't understand why anyone would do that unless they're trying to construct a point based on false stats. If anything beating Hearts in the Scottish cup is worth more (to me at least) than a SPL derby win, because it has at least the possibility of silverware at the end of it for one of the teams.

It's also more accurate to highlight the Hibs 4 games unbeaten stat because it has immediate relevance. Their Vlad era record against us is unrepresentative of current realities because they racked up those wins and draws paying five times the wages we were paying and cheating tax, none of which is going to happen anymore.

Im pretty happy about our derby present and future.

Hearts are unbeaten in 13 SPL derbies. That is an accurate, relevant stat, it's not false.

Throw in cup games and we're 1 from 15, not much to be happy about although I agree re the expected shift in trajectory.

I personally feel we've already missed 2 great chances to beat them this year, why waste another? This game could determine whether we finish above them, has to be strongest team. It's still almost a month away of course, think I'll bow out of this til nearer the time.

weonlywon6-2
18-04-2013, 08:27 AM
We could play our under 14's and they STILL wouldn't be able to score 7. Last year, yes they proberly could have but not this season.

would you be willing to take the gamble on getting humped,i wouldnt if i was Fenlon.If we win it would be a massive boost going into the final.

i do see and understand the point raised but i just cant help thinking that its a derby and he will put out a strong squad.Leigh may start on the bench though

IFONLY
18-04-2013, 08:57 AM
No I wouldnae play him at the PBS, he should be a sub but made to warm up for 85 minutes wearing a sumbrero, waving a passport and wearing a T-shirt saying "it might be a thumbhead but this thumbheed´s goin tae Europe this year"" GIRFUY windae lickers".

Why are Wolves in Europe next season?????

clerriehibs
18-04-2013, 12:33 PM
I eouldn't risk sparky or others such as claros. But I wouldn't do it piece-meal either.

Play the under-20s. Those boys might do it! If not; so what, it was only a 4 game unbeaten run, sparky will still have his legs, and we're still on course to hose on the gimps for yrars to come.

Humo
18-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Nope. Maybe give Caldwell and Handling a run up front together.

Edit: Or Kuqi, to really confuse them! I'd actually love to see him and Ngoo on the same pitch!

:top marks

Eyrie
18-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Hearts are unbeaten in 13 SPL derbies. That is an accurate, relevant stat, it's not false.

It is a false stat because you're deliberately missing out the Cup game which we won. Every derby is important but you're giving the impression that you'd rather we'd lost the Cup game and beaten them in the League instead. Surely that's not the case?

Sir David Gray
18-04-2013, 08:39 PM
It is a false stat because you're deliberately missing out the Cup game which we won. Every derby is important but you're giving the impression that you'd rather we'd lost the Cup game and beaten them in the League instead. Surely that's not the case?

It's not false but it is misleading, given our cup win.

Stats can be manipulated any way you want, depending on what point you want to prove but saying Hearts are unbeaten in 13 league derbies in a row is not false, sadly.

Eyrie
18-04-2013, 09:31 PM

Stats can be manipulated any way you want, depending on what point you want to prove but saying Hearts are unbeaten in 13 league derbies in a row is not false, sadly.

Omitting our most recent win is the sort of manipulative use of statistics that I'd expect the maroon supremacists to cling to and not something to be done by Hibs fans on a Hibs forum. Only one team has won a derby this season, and it isn't the Yams :thumbsup:

clerriehibs
18-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Omitting our most recent win is the sort of manipulative use of statistics that I'd expect the maroon supremacists to cling to and not something to be done by Hibs fans on a Hibs forum. Only one team has won a derby this season, and it isn't the Yams :thumbsup:

Talking of whom ... I just had a look over bye ... :tumble: ... their season really is over. Nothing happening whatsoever. Not even a 1-5.

Tyler Durden
18-04-2013, 10:26 PM

It's neither false or misleading.

Delighted to have prompted such debate though. Can't believe it's taken me the best part of 10 years on this forum to be compared to a "maroon supremacist". I'm touched.

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2013, 11:03 PM
Play Sparky for first twenty minutes, let him score his hat-trick, then sub him, letting him receive the adulation, and let Caldwell, Doyle or Handling, finish the merrick's off....... Give the mutant's a final cuffing, before we go into our last home game, then Hampden.....Then Europe, waving bye bye to the merrick's as they head to Seton Sands.................

Sir David Gray
18-04-2013, 11:04 PM
Play Sparky for first twenty minutes, let him score his hat-trick, then sub him, letting him receive the adulation, and let Caldwell, Doyle or Handling, finish the merrick's off....... Give the mutant's a final cuffing, before we go into our last home game, then Hampden.....Then Europe, waving bye bye to the merrick's as they head to Seton Sands.................

Can they afford that? :dunno:

Time For Heroes
19-04-2013, 01:45 PM
IMO anyone who thinks Hibs should play Sparky is a few sandwiches short of a picnic!
One man team we are not but that guy can produce a moment of magic.
What happens if we play him and he's crocked? Back to Pat, Rod and Whoever else getting sacked?
I'd take a loss at Tincastle for a win in the cup anyday

lord bunberry
19-04-2013, 01:53 PM
IMO anyone who thinks Hibs should play Sparky is a few sandwiches short of a picnic!
What happens if we play him and he's crocked? Back to Pat, Rod and Whoever else getting sacked?

But he could just as easily get injured in training. Our players don't seem to cope well with a break, after every international break we seem to get beat. I would play our best 11 eleven in every game and take certain players off at half time

Captain Trips
19-04-2013, 01:56 PM

Does he play the following week v Dundee?

Time For Heroes
19-04-2013, 02:00 PM
But he could just as easily get injured in training. Our players don't seem to cope well with a break, after every international break we seem to get beat. I would play our best 11 eleven in every game and take certain players off at half time

Yeah you are right, didn't David James injure himself in the shower (insert joke here)
I just don't think we should risk him against our rivals who could have a more sinister intent. Let's not wrap him in bubble wrap, however IMO common sense needs to be shown.
I agree with what you are saying but at the PBS it's too risky.

Keith_M
19-04-2013, 02:12 PM

Statistics are like Bikinis, they give you great ideas but hide the most important parts