PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final ref

RoxburghHibs
16-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Can the same referee get the cup final, two years in a row, or does this rule Craig 'Jambo' Thomson out of Mays final?

JimBHibees
16-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Can the same referee get the cup final, two years in a row, or does this rule Craig 'Jambo' Thomson out of Mays final?

As far as I know the referees in the semis dont get the final so that rules out Brines and Thomson. Would imagine either Calum Murray or Willie Collum.

Gus Fring
16-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Brines is injured anyway :wink:

Mikey
16-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Given the THREE dreadful decisions we suffered in the semi final then a referee that just gets it right for a change would suit me fine.

Expect it to be Collum :wink:

RoxburghHibs
16-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Callum Murray please :)

A Jambo but he dislikes the old Firm :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Whoever it is needs to be made fully aware of how many decisions are required to "even things up over the season"

#FromTheCapital
16-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Callum Murray please :)

A Jambo but he dislikes the old Firm :agree:

Most jambos hate the old firm especially Celtic, but I'm sure they will all be Celtic fans on the 26th of May. They want us to lose this game badly

McHibby
16-04-2013, 02:46 PM
I think I would maybe actually cry if Craig Thomson was announced.

I was desperate for Dundee Utd to get through - and not because I believe they would be any easier to beat on the day - just because I think we'd have been more likely to get a fair crack of the whip against non Old Firm opposition.

JimBHibees
16-04-2013, 02:48 PM

I was desperate for Dundee Utd to get through - and not because I believe they would be any easier to beat on the day - just because I think we'd have been more likely to get a fair crack of the whip against non Old Firm opposition.

Very good point.

darwenhibby
16-04-2013, 03:08 PM

Any chance of Doug McDonald coming out of retirement

Treadstone
16-04-2013, 03:23 PM
I think three domestic finals in a row would be unprecedented. Although with the SFA you never know, have a nightmare in final and the punishment is referee the next final. Incredible.:aok:

JimBHibees
16-04-2013, 03:26 PM
I think three domestic finals in a row would be unprecedented. Although with the SFA you never know, have a nightmare in final and the punishment is referee the next final. Incredible.:aok:

Totally agree you have got to wonder what all the other refs were thinking when the clown was given a second final on the bounce after making 2 or 3 massive errors.

EH54
16-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Not to forget he made a arse of himself in the champions league this year

16-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Most jambos hate the old firm especially Celtic, but I'm sure they will all be Celtic fans on the 26th of May. They want us to lose this game badly

Agreed, it is there worse nightmare us winning it as they love taunting us about 1902.

Anyway, back to the original point, hopefully that cheating, jambo clown is nowhere near the final, wouldn't even want him as fourth official as i'm sure he would still try and play his part in trying to hurt hibs even from there. Absolute disgrace that a man with a hearts supporting background was put in charge of such an important derby game last year, ****ing joke!

16-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Not to forget he made a arse of himself in the champions league this year

Embarrasing to say the least. The fact he is considered Scotlands best ref is an embarrasment and just shows exactly how incrediably shocking our refereeing standards are in this country.

Hermit Crab
16-04-2013, 05:18 PM

They most definitely are all Celtic fans now despite their claims they hate Celtic. http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/126976-Celtic-or-Hibs?

wee 162
16-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Pretty sure that refs never get both cup finals in a season so we should be saved from him.

Hibs Class
16-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Whoever it is needs to be made fully aware of how many decisions are required to "even things up over the season"

:thumbsup:

snooky
16-04-2013, 06:27 PM

And it would be a much more pleasant atmosphere before and after the game (no matter who won), IMO

Treadstone
16-04-2013, 06:31 PM
They most definitely are all Celtic fans now despite their claims they hate Celtic. http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/126976-Celtic-or-Hibs?

It defines them.