PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Matures

Johnny Clash
16-04-2013, 07:29 AM
I've noticed how Leigh never throws a tantrum anymore when a decision goes against him. Even being denied a blatant penalty or a goal that's two feet behind the line. He shakes his head - shows he's not happy then gets on with it.

I think he's matured a lot at Hibs and is a better player for it. No doubt Pat Fenlon has had an influence on him so he should get some credit too.

HibeeN
16-04-2013, 07:35 AM
Threw a bit of a tantrum after the penalty miss when Doyle went in for the rebound! :greengrin

But in general, yes, he has cut a lot of the silly stuff out which is great to see. I think it sums it up in the QF v Killie when he scored and McPake of all people was encouraging him to go into the fans and Griffiths refused, not wanting to pick up a booking and risk being suspended in a later tie.

Johnny Clash
16-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Threw a bit of a tantrum after the penalty miss when Doyle went in for the rebound! :greengrin

But in general, yes, he has cut a lot of the silly stuff out which is great to see. I think it sums it up in the QF v Killie when he scored and McPake of all people was encouraging him to go into the fans and Griffiths refused, not wanting to pick up a booking and risk being suspended in a later tie.

yes...he couldn't help that one right enough ... jumping up and down with frustration :) but shows how desperate he is to always score.

Wish we can hold on to him but if he does return to Wolves I just hope they appreciate they're getting back a much improved player thanks to Hibs.