PDA

View Full Version : More than just legends

Liams
16-04-2013, 06:17 AM
With the final countdown well on its way now, it got me and my mate at work thinking, this is more aimed at the boo boys, what would your opinion on a player that you slated all season be IF they scored that winning goal? And your view on PF be? Would some fans still dislike KT if he score a 90min winner? What about if it was spoony, stevenson or even maybury, ect. And what player would you love to see score that fairytale winner? For me - sparky to top of a great two years at hibs or Hanlon.

down-the-slope
16-04-2013, 07:17 AM
one of the youngsters Handling / Harris etc who we have on decent contracts who we can see value rise in and also when they go on (at huge fee :wink:) to bigger things it will be forever the starting point of that greatness.......

HibeeN
16-04-2013, 07:32 AM
And what player would you love to see score that fairytale winner? For me - sparky to top of a great two years at hibs or Hanlon.

Any of them! :thumbsup:But for various reasons:

Sparky - loves Hibs, best striker we've had since I started watching Hibs, great send-off for him
Doyle - final goodbye before he leaves, great start to the season but has been unlucky with poorer form for a while now, I still really like him!
McPake - cheer him up a bit, scoring the winning goal and then going up to lift the cup!
Harris - would top off a wonderful debut season for him, proof that we can still produce good young players
Claros - would be so unexpected and can imagine it would mean so much to the guy!

And finally...

Kuqi - attaining him legendary status and achieving Konte-levels of glory :thumbsup:

Just_Jimmy
16-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Stokes own goal.

Liams
16-04-2013, 09:05 AM
I want doyle to score but i feel like the scorer has to be in the team next year! It wouldnt feeel right if say doyle and sparky score and then they both arent there to suppport

Beefster
16-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Stokes own goal.

Only for our first one. I'd like to see Kevin Thomson batter the ball off Scott Brown's head for an injury time winner for us.

Pretty Boy
16-04-2013, 09:11 AM
91st minute deflection of referee Craig Thomson after he gives Celtic 3 dodgy penalties, all of which are saved by Big Ben.

Hainan Hibs
16-04-2013, 09:12 AM
It still doesn't sit well with me seeing Kevin Thomson playing for us, so much so I'm still unsure on whether I'm flying back for the final. I was hoping that last years molesting had finally been the wake up call regarding our soft touch culture, but it appears the Hibernian rehab and recovery centre is still on the go. He could score a hat trick next month and I'd still he want him gone.

Beefster
16-04-2013, 09:13 AM
It still doesn't sit well with me seeing Kevin Thomson playing for us, so much so I'm still unsure on whether I'm flying back for the final. I was hoping that last years molesting had finally been the wake up call regarding our soft touch culture, but it appears the Hibernian rehab and recovery centre is still on the go. He could score a hat trick next month and I'd still he want him gone.

You might not be flying back for a Scottish Cup final that you would normally, purely because Kevin Thomson plays for Hibs?

WeAreHibs
16-04-2013, 09:18 AM

No offense sir, BUT, you must be a massive FUD!!!!!!!!

hibsmad
16-04-2013, 09:27 AM
I have always said that any player or manager who is involved with winning this cup will go down as a legend regardless of what they go on to do in the rest of their career.

Ok maybe it wouldn't be a case of them being able to do anything, but they would literally have to sign for Hearts while pissing on our badge, and at the same time displaying a **** the Hibs tatoo on their forehead, for me to start viewing them as anything other than a hero.

And since that's not going to happen, they would be hero's forever! :not worth

bighairyfaeleith
16-04-2013, 09:31 AM
No offense sir, BUT, you must be a massive FUD!!!!!!!!

Lol not sure how that can not offend

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

WeAreHibs
16-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Lol not sure how that can not offend

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

Careful use of "must" !!

Mr White
16-04-2013, 10:05 AM
If you're not on the windup with this then you got problems buddy.

Vini1875
16-04-2013, 10:52 AM
There are individual players that I don't like for a variety of reasons, but I never boo Hibs players. If one of the players I don't like scored a goal to help us win the cup all would be forgiven and they would never have to buy a drink in my compnay ever again. I wouldn't let them sleep with my wife but they would defintely get a pint or two from me.

Pat 0-7
16-04-2013, 11:37 AM
Big Ben with a header as he goes up for a corner in the last minute with the score at 0-0.........:aok:

JMac
16-04-2013, 12:11 PM
I think the best person to get our winner would be Kuqi or Maybury, they'd be legends forever, but my favourite would be a Scott Brown own goal

hibsmad
16-04-2013, 12:26 PM
I think the best person to get our winner would be Kuqi or Maybury, they'd be legends forever, but my favourite would be a Scott Brown own goal

Really hope he doesn't make it. It's not a case of being fearful of him, but a Celtic midfield with no Wanyama or Brown would give us a far better chance in my opinion.

I suppose the good side would be that even if he does play then he couldn't be 100% match fit.

southfieldhibby
16-04-2013, 12:30 PM

I think it's probably for the best you don't bother coming back for the final, you're clearly a mentalist.

HibeeMG
16-04-2013, 12:41 PM
I've been a huge critic of Doyle for the latter part of the season. I think his movement and finishing aren't good enough. I was going mental when he missed the glorious chance he had in the Semi.

However....

I proclaimed that all was forgiven when he scored. :greengrin

TAHibby
16-04-2013, 12:56 PM
It's deep into stoppage time with no goals scored as of yet. Late substitute Shefki Kuqi charges at the celtic defense knocking them all to the ground as they try to make challenges. Kuqi then strikes the ball with huge amount of force but sadly it is nowhere near on target. The powerful shot twangs off the very bottom of the corner flag just keeping it in play where it then comes back and rebounds off a bewildered Craig Thomson and nestles comfortably in the back of the celtic net. The referee then looks at his watch in sheer desperation but he is forced to blow for full time.

16-04-2013, 03:46 PM
I don't care who scores the winner as long as its someone for us!

I have been hugely critical of Kuqi, thinks he's a dreadful signing but if he scored the winner for us I would love him forever. Although, having said that I want him no where near the team on cup final day!

DH1875
16-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Would love it if Claros scored the winner. Would mark a remarkable turn around for him from last year and a great way for him to say adios.

hibs4thecup1988
16-04-2013, 05:17 PM
I know/hope its in jest about kuqi...but he won't be near the 16 cup final day.

I'd love cairney or Harris to get the winner. Harris deserves it for turning the game around on saturday

Sir David Gray
16-04-2013, 06:15 PM
If we win, there should be a statue of Pat Fenlon built outside Easter Road and a stand should be named after the player who scores the winning goal.

That is how significant this win would be.

Seveno
16-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Would anyone mind if I was asked to guest for Hibs, come of the bench in the 92nd minute and score the winner in the 93rd ?

Awwwww, thanks guys. :greengrin

essexhibee
16-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Honestly couldn't care who scored the winner.

Fact is if we win the thing every player who played in the game will be immortal forever.