PDA

View Full Version : Mass Hibsteria Cup Final Special 2013

MassHibsteria
15-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Although plans are still at a very early stage, the MHHM Politburo has decreed that a Cup Final special will be published and available for sale as part of the build up to the big day.

Although we've not had any kind of meaningful discussion, I imagine it'll be similar to last year's in terms of cost (£2), with a donation being made to a worthy cause from any surplus raised from sales.

We're doing a PayPal mail order service for out of town and overseas Hibbies. Paypal account is mail@grahamewing.co.uk. Please make sure your address is correct when making the order. All orders will be sent first class. All overseas orders will be sent air mail. If everything goes to plan, I'll do the mailings on Saturday 18 May. Any orders received after that date may not reach you in time for the game. Costs are:

GB, NI & BFPO

One issue £3
Two issues £5.75
Three issues £8.50
Four issues £10.50
Five issues £12.50

Rest of Europe

One issue £5
Two issues £8
Three issues £12.00
Four issues £14.00
Five issues £16.00

Rest of World

One issue £6
Two issues £9.50
Three issues £14.00
Four issues £16.00
Five issues £18.00

Any other quantities, please email me for a quote.

Football Nation in Lothian Road have very kindly agreed to keep a supply for sale. We'll also be approaching some of the good Hibbie hostelries in Easter Road to ask if they'll sell on our behalf.

If you'd like to be involved in any capacity, please let me know via this thread or PM me. Although I can't absolutely guarantee it, if you write, we'll most likely find space for your article. Equally, if you have any ideas on what we can include (as an example, the Hibbies High Above page from last year was a belter of an idea) please let me know or PM me. You're also welcome to contact me via twitter @GDEwing.

I'll keep you all updated on events via this page and Twitter.

Admins: can you sticky this please?

GGTTH

FranckSuzy
15-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Although plans are still at a very early stage, the MHHM Politburo has decreed that a Cup Final special will be published and available for sale as part of the build up to the big day.

Although we've not had any kind of meaningful discussion, I imagine it'll be similar to last year's in terms of cost (£2), with a donation being made to a worthy cause from any surplus raised from sales.

We'll be doing a PayPal mail order service for out of town and overseas Hibbies. I'll confirm prices once I know publishing and postage costs.

Football Nation in Lothian Road have very kindly agreed to keep a supply for sale. We'll also be approaching some of the good Hibbie hostelries in Easter Road to ask if they'll sell on our behalf.

If you'd like to be involved in any capacity, please let me know via this thread or PM me. Although I can't absolutely guarantee it, if you write, we'll most likely find space for your article. Equally, if you have any ideas on what we can include (as an example, the Hibbies High Above page from last year was a belter of an idea) please let me know or PM me. You're also welcome to contact me via twitter @GDEwing.

GGTTH

Superb :thumbsup: What about a page on where everyone is travelling back from (if that wasn't in last years-can't remember :greengrin)?

CraigHibee
15-04-2013, 10:09 PM
I loved last years edition and definitely want to get my paws on a copy if this one

InterviewLoI
16-04-2013, 07:40 AM

We'll be doing a PayPal mail order service for out of town and overseas Hibbies. I'll confirm prices once I know publishing and postage costs.

GGTTH

Id definetley write something mate! When do you need it for?

MassHibsteria
16-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Id definetley write something mate! When do you need it for?

Probably deadline for articles will be 10 May to allow time for editing over that weekend. Email address is masshibsteria@gmail.com

PS - thanks to all for showing an interest, it makes us feel loved. Not in a Graham Rix sort of way, you understand; but loved nonetheless.

MB62
16-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Probably deadline for articles will be 10 May to allow time for editing over that weekend. Email address is masshibsteria@gmail.com

PS - thanks to all for showing an interest, it makes us feel loved. Not in a Graham Rix sort of way, you understand; but loved nonetheless.

A Raving Mad idea.

I'll see what I can come up with.

MassHibsteria
16-04-2013, 02:46 PM
A Raving Mad idea.

I'll see what I can come up with.

Yer a star, Michael. all well with you, comrade?

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Definitely buy a couple again. Was great last year. The simple but brilliant "Pat on the Back" had us in stitches :aok:

franks
17-04-2013, 07:48 AM
Well done lads again. Looking forward to the up coming publication.

Northernhibee
17-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Would love to contribute. Already write for a music magazine/website so can chip in.

MassHibsteria
17-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Thanks for all the supportive words and PMs, comrades. Lots of great ideas already.

MassHibsteria
19-04-2013, 08:45 PM
I've updated the initial post with mail order details, folks.

Nazz
25-04-2013, 12:32 PM
I'd like to place a mail order. Please tell me how to order and get my address details to you. Thanks.

MassHibsteria
25-04-2013, 07:04 PM
I'd like to place a mail order. Please tell me how to order and get my address details to you. Thanks.

Do you have a PayPal account?

Nazz
26-04-2013, 04:16 AM
Do you have a PayPal account?

Yes. Do you want me to add the delivery address in the payment notes?

MassHibsteria
26-04-2013, 05:18 AM
Yes. Do you want me to add the delivery address in the payment notes?

It should appear, but you could add it anyway. Cheers for the order ;)

MassHibsteria
04-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Comrades, just a wee progress update on your favourite* fanzine.

Thanks to everyone who has submitted articles so far. There's a couple of belters in the can already and I can exclusively reveal that Grumpy Gibby has agreed to pen an article, having successfully negotiated use of his Olivetti 80 in exchange for a few pints of McEwans 80.

A gentle reminder to those who would like to send something in that the deadline is next Friday, Saturday at the very, very latest. We'll be adding the finishing touches on Sunday so it's with the printer first thing Monday morning.

Thanks also to everyone who has made a mail order so far. Details are at the top of the thread for those who want to receive MHHM by mail.

We might receive delivery in time to sell before the Dundee game on the 18th. If anyone is able to give up an hour of their time before the game to sell, please drop me a PM.

GGTTH

Graham

* - Only

HH81
04-05-2013, 05:33 PM
I have just paid for 2 can you check its been received? :aok:

TamHibs
04-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Just sent payment across for a copy :)

Mary Hinge
06-05-2013, 12:14 PM
I'd like to buy a copy of last year's cup final edition ..... what do I do ?

MassHibsteria
06-05-2013, 04:33 PM
I'd like to buy a copy of last year's cup final edition ..... what do I do ?

If you buy a copy via PayPal for £4, I'll chuck a copy of last year's edition too, Mary. PM yer address so I can match up the PayPal order.

tetley
10-05-2013, 05:10 AM
I've just paid for a copy, had a good laugh reading the last one

MassHibsteria
10-05-2013, 08:30 AM
I've just paid for a copy, had a good laugh reading the last one

Cheers, T. (see what I did there :wink:)

MassHibsteria
10-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Comrades, it's 'final cut' weekend, where we're putting everything together, before it heads off to the printer.

One of the phenomenal successes of last year's issue was the 'Angels High Above' page, where we listed the names of Hibbies sadly no longer with us. In recognising its popularity but wishing to do something a wee bit different, I received a suggestion that those who have suffered bereavement over the past year write a few words about their loved one. I appreciate demand may well outstrip supply on terms of space available, and to that end there will be less pics in the Fanzine (still a few Nuns, mind you!) to accommodate as many tributes as possible.

If you've suffered such a loss this year, please send an email to us - masshibsteria@gmail.com - and we'll do everything we can to include every tribute we receive. I'd be grateful if you keep the tribute to 30-50 words.

Thanks for all your help with this, and all other support ou've given MHHM for this issue.

Cheers

Graham

MassHibsteria
12-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Just an update to let you know that MHHM has been sent to the printers. All being well, it'll be available for sale at Football Nation from Friday, with MHHM gadgies posted at the usual spots before the Dundee game on Saturday.

Mail orders still being gratefully accepted.

Right, I'm away to my bed!

Cheers & GGTTH

Graham

Off the bar
14-05-2013, 03:30 PM
just sent payment for 2, good work putting it together great effort! can't wait to get mine!

DevonLoch
15-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Just sent payment for 10 Graham. Arriving back in Edinburgh on the 25th and looking forward to reading it with mates on the bus to Hampden on the 26th!

GGTTH

Purple & Green
16-05-2013, 08:41 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKX423cCMAAEUNd.jpg

Mister P
16-05-2013, 11:38 AM
paypal payment sent for 4 copies.

think I might have overpaid though lol.

let me know u got it ok.

MassHibsteria
16-05-2013, 08:05 PM
paypal payment sent for 4 copies.

think I might have overpaid though lol.

let me know u got it ok.

Got it mate, thanks.

CallumLaidlaw
17-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Got it mate, thanks.

Just so I make sure I get one, where the guys be selling them tomorrow? Or will I get one in the Iona?

MassHibsteria
17-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Just so I make sure I get one, where the guys be selling them tomorrow? Or will I get one in the Iona?

Should be at Albion/Easter Road junction. Will ask the Iona if they will sell too.

MassHibsteria
17-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Football Nation have now taken delivery of Mass Hibsteria, folks. Fill yer boots!

TamHibs
17-05-2013, 10:58 AM
When will the copies be posted to those who paid for that option?

MassHibsteria
17-05-2013, 02:18 PM
When will the copies be posted to those who paid for that option?

They've just been posted in the last half hour. Maybe tomorrow, definitely Monday.

CallumLaidlaw
17-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Should be at Albion/Easter Road junction. Will ask the Iona if they will sell too.

Cool. Will look out, but will ask in the Iona when I go in first!

MassHibsteria
18-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Just a wee reminder (yes, yet another one) that save a monsoon, we'll be selling MHHM at the usual entry points to the ground before the game today. If anyone wants to help with selling, please contact me via PM with your mobile number and I'll call you to arrange a meeting place. I'm afraid that the only incentive I can offer is Hibsteria-embroidered papyrus, AKA a free copy.

Also, to clarify, I'm still happy to accept mail orders with everything going out first class. The pre-orders went out yesterday. Whilst no cast-iron guarantee can be given, if an order is received by lunchtime Thursday it should reach you in time for the big day next Sunday.

Finally, bus/pub/club conveners: if you'd like to take a few copies for your bus, please get in touch with me and we'll try to arrange something.

Thanks again for all your support.

Cheers & GGTTH

Graham

tetley
18-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Thank you got my copy in the post today :-)

wazoo1875
18-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Just read it after the game tonight guys. An excellent read as ever. Very funny and a few memories were jogged. Thanks for that and I hope to read many more cup final specials in the future \o/

MassHibsteria
18-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Well, that ******g monsoon did fall upon us and rather mess things up, guys and girls. Gibby and me did manage to sell for a wee while, but understandably many folks passed us by to get some cover from the conditions at the stadium.

Sincere apologies to anyone that was looking to buy one before the game approaching from the Hawkhill Road end. I did a stint there after the game and sold a few.

Just a reminder for those who didn't get a copy that mail orders will be sent immediately* upon receiving the order, thanks to mobile PayPal sending me details on my phone when payment is completed.

*If I receive an order before 4:30, it'll go out in the mail same day, first class.

HH81
18-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Received today. :thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
18-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Bought a couple in the Iona, and although I'm tryin to save it for cup final day, had a wee glance at a couple of the pictures. The caption with Sparky hugging Fenlon is brilliant!

hibeg
19-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Are they for sale in the programme shop on Albion Road??

MassHibsteria
19-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Are they for sale in the programme shop on Albion Road??

Sorry, not any more. Only outlet is Football Nation on Lothian Road. They have a good supply.

Teapot
19-05-2013, 10:59 AM
I got one at the game. I thought the interviews with Pat and McPake were especially good. Interesting to see that Pats planning to change the preparations for the final this year.

Although they weren't as good as the back page :greengrin

MassHibsteria
19-05-2013, 11:11 AM
I got one at the game. I thought the interviews with Pat and McPake were especially good. Interesting to see that Pats planning to change the preparations for the final this year.

Although they weren't as good as the back page :greengrin

Thank you, sir! As far as I' aware, this is the first time that we've done 'photoshopping to order'. I thought up the ideas, they were brilliantly executed by our new resident Photoshop guru.

tetley
19-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Got to say really enjoyed reading it this morning and had a good laugh

FranckSuzy
21-05-2013, 07:03 PM
My copy arrived today :thumbsup: Thanks for the swift service and the good laughs. GGTTH

Mister P
21-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Pat on the back _ just do one
:top marks

PerfectlyFranck
22-05-2013, 02:08 AM
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx309/HibernianFitbaClub/1906418159-1_zpscfee3b0e.jpg

If anyone hasn't bought a copy yet or hasn't bought a copy before, you'd be daft not to!
The content is excellent, even the generous quantity is outdone by the quality of the articles.

Although I didn't contribute to the articles, I feel honoured to have helped in the capacity that I did!

hibsforeurope
23-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Does anyone know if Football nation still has copies in store?

MassHibsteria
23-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Does anyone know if Football nation still has copies in store?

Aye, they do. Was in touch with the owner today.

MassHibsteria
23-05-2013, 05:59 PM
One thing that I've not mentioned yet is who we're going to give a donation to from our surplus. That's because we hadn't decided.

We have now and I'm really pleased to announce that we'll be making a donation to the Section 43 guys for all their sterling, selfless work in making fitba' a wee bit more fun for Hibbies. This is the first they know about it too!

Also, this is really the last night to make mail orders. All orders received by 4:00 tomorrow afternoon will be sent first class and will almost certainly reach you Saturday morning.

Finally, if you're a bus convener and would like a few copies for your bus, please give me a shout and I'll try to fix something up with you.

FranckSuzy
23-05-2013, 08:25 PM
One thing that I've not mentioned yet is who we're going to give a donation to from our surplus. That's because we hadn't decided.

We have now and I'm really pleased to announce that we'll be making a donation to the Section 43 guys for all their sterling, selfless work in making fitba' a wee bit more fun for Hibbies. This is the first they know about it too!

Also, this is really the last night to make mail orders. All orders received by 4:00 tomorrow afternoon will be sent first class and will almost certainly reach you Saturday morning.

Finally, if you're a bus convener and would like a few copies for your bus, please give me a shout and I'll try to fix something up with you.

Hibs class :agree: :flag: