PDA

View Full Version : Ben Williams on 5 live

HH81
15-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Anyone catch the Interview around 8.15 tonight?

Ben was explaining that at half time the players were all going mad with each other before PF even said anything. He also went on about how he thought Hibs were still creating chances in first half and felt they could get back in it.

I would have thought PF would have been going mad all half time but seems it was not the case. He came across quite well though.

Billy Whizz
15-04-2013, 08:19 PM

Ben was explaining that at half time the players were all going mad with each other before PF even said anything. He also went on about how he thought Hibs were still creating chances in first half and felt they could get back in it.

I would have thought PF would have been going mad all half time but seems it was not the case. He came across quite well though.

Didn't hear the interview unfortunately, but suspect Fenlon lit the fire

nonshinyfinish
15-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Harris said 'he went a wee bit radge', and someone else (McPake?) said 'he went right through us'.

Billy Whizz
15-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Harris said 'he went a wee bit radge', and someone else (McPake?) said 'he went right through us'.

My enduring moment from Saturday was when Doyle scored the equaliser. Mcpake was sitting on the grass in his own half,on his own, banging the turf in relief!!!!

PerfectlyFranck
15-04-2013, 08:24 PM

Griffiths used a word I've heard all too little.

He gave Hibs a 'rollicking' :greengrin

Swedish hibee
15-04-2013, 08:34 PM
I heard McPake & Thomson had to be ripped apart. Well it worked.. Keep that passion going for the final boys :aok:

lugz
15-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Every interview I've heard has said that both players and management were going mental. Good to see the players showing passion and not just taking a beating.

Sir David Gray
15-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Delighted to hear this.

It certainly did the trick.

Cropley10
15-04-2013, 08:46 PM

ben said the players got into the dressing room before Fenlon and they'd already started the half-time rollicking by the time he arrived.

came across very well IMHO

Devilstorment
15-04-2013, 08:50 PM
As much as I agree with a lot of the above, it should be treated with caution.

Imagine if we have been emptied out the cup and it came out that everyone was throwing down on each other at half time? would come across highly unprofessional and as though Fenlon had lost control.

Passion if certainly needed and its great to see, but people can get carried away. There is a reason that there is a term "Crime of Passion"

In a nut shell, its a fine line

Stringer
15-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Only reason I didn't leave was I expected a reaction from the players. Fenlon clearly sorted them out. Putting them out early is a classic move.

link for interview?

Also think Ben is captain material

dodecar
15-04-2013, 08:54 PM

I caught the end of it .It was interesting that John Hartson thought it was only Fenlon's job to take control at half time. I consider it no bad thing that players sort it out between themselves. Anyway the bottom line is that whatever happened it worked!

Cropley10
15-04-2013, 08:56 PM

Imagine if we have been emptied out the cup and it came out that everyone was throwing down on each other at half time? would come across highly unprofessional and as though Fenlon had lost control.

Passion if certainly needed and its great to see, but people can get carried away. There is a reason that there is a term "Crime of Passion"

sorry, I've absolutely no idea what you're talking about?

have you heard what our keeper actually said??

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2013, 09:04 PM
I expected (well hoped) the senior players were going to kick some baws. When I saw mcpake sprint up the tunnel on the HT whistle I was sure it was going to happen.

Delighted we have some leaders again.

Devilstorment
15-04-2013, 09:05 PM
sorry, I've absolutely no idea what you're talking about?

have you heard what our keeper actually said??

No, I was talking about the folk above saying that the likes of McPake and Thomson being pulled apart

Kato
15-04-2013, 09:08 PM

Would you prefer they discussed it quietly over a quick game of cribbage.

Devilstorment
15-04-2013, 09:11 PM
no thats not what I said or meant.

All i was meaning was that unless kept under control these things can turn in to the kind of thing you end up reading about in the hun and getting the pish ripped out you by yams for years to come

Winston Ingram
15-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Whatever happened it worked. That's all I care about:agree:

pontius pilate
15-04-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm glad they had to be prised apart and having a go at each other it proves that no-one in that dressing room takes what they produced in the first half as satisfactory. I wonder if having KT back has reignited some of the passion that James McPake seems to have lost recently.lets hope they keep it going right through from now to the final whistle on the 26th may.
GGTTH

Hibrandenburg
15-04-2013, 09:20 PM
I heard McPake & Thomson had to be ripped apart. Well it worked.. Keep that passion going for the final boys :aok:

Maybe Katie was giving McPake a few tips on how to behave as team captain?

PatHead
15-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Maybe Katie was giving McPake a few tips on how to behave as team captain? What like shouting at the referee after you have been booked and committing a couple of fouls that could have seen a second booking? KT wasn't perfect in the first half either.

Westie1875
15-04-2013, 09:39 PM
What like shouting at the referee after you have been booked and committing a couple of fouls that could have seen a second booking? KT wasn't perfect in the first half either.

He seemed to forget he was wearing a Hibs top and we don't get the same treatment he was used to when he was wearing blue!

Hibrandenburg
15-04-2013, 09:43 PM
What like shouting at the referee after you have been booked and committing a couple of fouls that could have seen a second booking? KT wasn't perfect in the first half either.

Was pretty much my point. Apologies for lack of smiley but my mobile doesn't do them. :o)

Cropley10
15-04-2013, 09:56 PM
no thats not what I said or meant.

All i was meaning was that unless kept under control these things can turn in to the kind of thing you end up reading about in the hun and getting the pish ripped out you by yams for years to come

Really? You think? Players have a go at each other from about U13 upwards in my experience. What normally happens is that what gets said in the dressing room stays there.

i wouldn't worry about the yams, or them ripping anything out of us. The yams are going to have years of us taking the Michael out of their desperate little club, with their run down pink little stadium. Don't you agree?

Bobby's Cinema
15-04-2013, 10:05 PM

Dinnae worry mate, heres one that can see where you're coming from

seanshow
15-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Link to the show, the Ben Williams interview is right at the end with John Hartson

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/fivelive/5lfd/5lfd_20130415-2045a.mp3

Col2
15-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Celtic will destroy us in the first half if we start like that again and we won't come back. If lessons are learnt then this could go down as one of the most defining moments in our history if we win the cup.

Fergus52
15-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Dinnae worry mate, heres one that can see where you're coming from

yeah me too.

Delighted it worked yesterday. But it's 50/50 whether or not it will inspire the players or put their heads down further.

hibee19
15-04-2013, 11:48 PM
Came across much better than he did in the papers pre-game talking about "teaching Falkirk a lesson."

Hibercelona
16-04-2013, 02:37 AM
yeah me too.

Delighted it worked yesterday. But it's 50/50 whether or not it will inspire the players or put their heads down further.

Why would it be 50/50?

How the manager influences the players isn't based on a coin toss. Fenlon needs to take what he did at half time and make it work straight from the start of the game. Make them hungry for it straight from the start.