PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final Card Display Announcement - Donations Required

Sect43
15-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Firstly, thanks to all those who supported us in making our semi final display achievable, whether it was financially, during flag making or setting up.

http://i.imgur.com/Xim3FRZ.jpg

http://youtu.be/0fbWqXG-v44

For the final, we are planning a card display for our entire allocation. As ever, we will make it original and Hibs orientated.

Our display for the semi final cost approximately £600 – this takes into account the card, materials, paints, brushes, van hire to transport card and other bits and pieces.

Due to us covering approximately 22,000 seats for the final the cost will be a lot higher although I am sure our supplier (a fellow Hibee) will give us his best possible price for the card.

This will be by far our biggest display to date and we are finalising the exact details as we speak. As ever, we will not release the exact details until the day of the match; however we trust we’ve proved before that we are capable of pulling this off.

Unfortunately, Hibs are unable to grant us a bucket collection at one of our remaining home matches due to them being booked up already. Last season our bucket collection raised a spectacular £1,600 which covered the costs of the final display (and various others towards the end of 2013).

Therefore, to make this achievable we have to again turn our attention to the Hibs support and ask for your continued financial support. Every £ really does make a difference – to put into context, if every ST holder donated 50p the display we’d raise more than we need.

You can donate through the following methods:

PayPal – section43hibs@hotmail.co.uk

Bank Transfer – PM for details

Face-to-face – in Section 43, row CC-DD (just ask for one of us)

We will ensure you are updated on a regular basis and given details of donations to date, progress of display and banner making days. We will also be looking for volunteers to help us lay out the card at Hampden the day before the match (Saturday 25 May).

If you can't donate financially, donating your time at one of our display making days is the next best thing.

Finally, many thanks for your continued support. With your backing, we will ensure the Hibs end of Hampden is a sea of green and white as the teams walk onto the pitch on Sunday 26 May.

Glory, Glory

Section 43

Pretty Boy
15-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Good stuff guys.

Will send a few pennies as usual after payday on Thursday.

whiskyhibby
15-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Well done guys ill put something in the pot shortly

pontius pilate
15-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Ill be sending a few pennies next week after payday fantastic display on Saturday

15-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Can't praise you guys enough, all the displays have been top class and the effort you all go to to make the occassions extra special is amazing!

Can't wait to see what you guys have planned for our big day in May, will be more than happy to give a contribution towards it :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work everyone, you are a credit to the club :flag:

Johnny Clash
15-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Well impressed with all work you guys do for us all -

Just collected a tenner each off my two sons so a donation coming your way soon.

brog
15-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Brilliant display, well done. Please PM me bank details.

.Sean.
15-04-2013, 07:59 PM
I'll meet up with one of you at the Aberdeen game. :aok:

O'Rourke3
15-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Contribution sent via Paypal. Thought the display looked great from underneath Saturday, just caught it on the big screens. Same again and more for the final

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

RoYO!
15-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Are crabbies likely to get involved again?

Fife-Hibee
15-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Count us in' catch you at the next home match !

ZS DOOM
16-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Donated! :flag:

GORDONSMITH7
16-04-2013, 06:25 PM
St. Patrick's Branch of the Hibernian Supporters Association were proud and privileged to have paid for the magnificent Edward Hannan flag for the Semi- Final display.

BIG G

StevieC
16-04-2013, 06:32 PM
You should set up a "target meter" to encourage donations.

I've sent a little via the paypal link. :wink:

GORDONSMITH7
16-04-2013, 06:33 PM
The thought of a card display over all areas that we will be in is utterly immense. Cannae wait. Well done for the last one.

BIG G

Sect43
16-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Update on cost will be detailed in the next few days.

S.sct
16-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Sorted, all the best and thanks for your efforts.

Makaveli
16-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Would Hibs allow you to have collection buckets inside ER when folk are there to pick up tickets?

lyonhibs
16-04-2013, 07:41 PM
A card display over ALL our allocation? That's 20,000+ seats FFS.

Mental, and brilliantly ambitious. Will send over a few sheckels post payday.

Billy Whizz
16-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Would Hibs allow you to have collection buckets inside ER when folk are there to pick up tickets?

Great idea

Matty_Jack04
16-04-2013, 08:25 PM
I can't make the final boooo hisssss so after payday il donate my ticket money via PayPal

keep up the good work :aok:

madabouthibs
16-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Inspirational stuff guys, the semi display was brilliant, even though, being in the East I didn't get the best view it still looked spectacular. A half the stadium display is massively ambitious, but having seen what you guys can do I'm confident you'll pull it off no problem. I'll be donating toot sweet. :agree::greengrin

Sweep
16-04-2013, 08:45 PM
£20 sent via PayPal. Keep up the good work. :pfgwa

Seveno
16-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Sent a fiver via Paypal. Well done guys.

Boyle89
16-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Donated (I hope). Cant wait to see whats being planned! Thinking about the displays help to take away from the nerves of the match, for me at least. All hail Sect43:not worth.

hibee_nation
16-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Donation sent, goodluck. :aok:

Pete
17-04-2013, 02:54 AM
St. Patrick's Branch of the Hibernian Supporters Association were proud and privileged to have paid for the magnificent Edward Hannan flag for the Semi- Final display.

BIG G

Looked fantastic!:thumbsup:

Pete
17-04-2013, 03:01 AM
small donation sent!

donnmaac
17-04-2013, 04:01 AM
Well impressed with your displays, I'll donate via PayPal when I get home today

ACLeith
17-04-2013, 06:26 AM
If you look at the centre part of the display, there are two rows between the cards and the flag where nothing is happening. Guess where I was seated? We had to step over the rolled up flag to get to our seats and then not invited to take part :boo hoo: :wink:. Hope to be allowed to next month :greengrin

Onion
17-04-2013, 07:20 AM
Doing a great job, well done. Cannot understand why Hibs can' t sort out a match collection for you as that seems the most obvious and best way to get your funds. If there are no places left can't they ask one of them to stand down or move to a different match? I'm sure they'd understand.

JIm
17-04-2013, 06:53 PM
Doing a great job, well done. Cannot understand why Hibs can' t sort out a match collection for you as that seems the most obvious and best way to get your funds. If there are no places left can't they ask one of them to stand down or move to a different match? I'm sure they'd understand.

I agree, think that this should be a priority ahead of for example local boys clubs etc. These displays enhance what is a great day and club should be doing more to support this.

Springbank
17-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Well done everyone - this is fantastic, was brilliant at the Semi and lump in the throat stuff at an otherwise awful day at Hampden last May.

Delighted youre going the whole 9 yards for the final.

I for one am convinced the Celtic end will see nothing at all comparable, and will put them to shame with their Rangers/Ulster obsessed "banter". They've nothing else, nothing, while guys like you at Sect43 are a credit to a modern 21C football club like the Hibees!

Keep up the good work chaps!:flag::flag:

barcahibs
17-04-2013, 08:49 PM
I suspect I'll take more abuse for this but what the hell in for a penny in for a pound... :tin hat:

First off I don't mean to hijack this thread but not sure if its worth starting a thread on its own - admins please move/delete if desired.

Am I the only one who has reservations about card displays? I really just don't see the point in them. It comes across to me as trying to ape the behaviour of fans abroad who have a completely different sports watching culture. Next we'll be having some bloke with a megaphone down the front telling people what to sing.

To me its as bad as the Americanisation of sports events that we were all worried about when I was a kid - and which resulted in stuff like wheeling out a poor student in a cheap moth-eaten 'mascot' suit to trudge round Love Street on a wet Wednesday night in front of 30 fans whilst a group of local 8 year olds played at being cheerleaders in the background. Its just like watching the superbowl kids! :rolleyes:
The card displays done over here strike me in the same way, poor imitations of the real thing - because we're trying to ape someone else's culture instead of following our own.

I get that some fans enjoy these and that's fine but I do sort of object to it being forced on everyone. I made the point in the run up to the semifinal that I would be avoiding the section with the card display as I didn't want to take part - now the group behind the displays are saying that every section will be involved in the next one, like it or not.

I've got a couple of objections to this

1 - for me a big part of my matchday experience and tradition is standing applauding my team as it comes out onto the park. I don't want to hide in silence behind a wee bit of card. It strikes me as childish. (note I'm not saying that those who enjoy this are acting like children just that I personally find it daft and childish.)

I don't want to change how I approach and enjoy matches in order to satisfy someone else's idea of fun and I'm not going to.

B - For perfectly valid reasons the design of the display is kept pretty much a secret till its unveiled.
The problem I have with this is that there is a danger I'm not going to agree with the message being displayed! The whole thing is planned and executed by a small group of people that I (and the vast majority of fans) don't know.

Just by reading this messageboard you can see there's loads of issues that divide the support, there has to be a danger here that those behind the displays will come up with something that some sections of the support would object to. For example what if they came up with a display this time that celebrated the supposed Green White and Gold, hands across the M8, brothers separated by a motorway, friendship that some celtc fans (and a few Hibs fans) seem to think links our two clubs?

I'm not saying that is what is going to happen, nor am I saying that I think anyone in Sect43 holds these views. In all likelihood the planned display will be something impressive and positive, I'm just pointing out that I don't know and I don't like that and would worry about being part of making a statement I didn't agree with.

Tl;dr?

(iii) I've got a stubborn streak in me and I don't like being told what to do. Its a very Scottish/British (but particularly Scottish) outlook on life IMO, we're not the sort of people that easily fall into "follow the leader" patterns of behaviour, you can pretty much see this throughout our history and culture. Its the reason, again IMO, why things like this haven't caught on here in the past and are unlikely to be much more than a passing fad in the present.

Anyway, apologies for the hijack of the thread. Again I'll point out (in the hope of avoiding the response I got last time :greengrin ) that while I don't necessarily want to be part of it I broadly support what the 12thman/Singing section/Sect43 are trying to do.
I admire your dedication and, whilst I still don't get the appeal of card displays, I think your past displays have been well thought out and done as well as possible.
I doubt I'll be holding my piece of card up at Hampden but I guess one gap out of 20 odd thousand won't make much of a difference :greengrin Unless I'm in that crucial catchphrase centre square :wink:

I can't afford much of a donation (unemployed) but if I do see a bucket collection at any point I'll chuck some change in it. (Though I also disagree with bumping other worthy causes who've already got their bucket collection lined up :duck: )

Sect43
17-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Appreciate your points and opinions.

The display will be connected with our club and have zero to do with who we are playing.

Jamie
17-04-2013, 09:08 PM

1 - for me a big part of my matchday experience and tradition is standing applauding my team as it comes out onto the park. I don't want to hide in silence behind a wee bit of card. It strikes me as childish. (note I'm not saying that those who enjoy this are acting like children just that I personally find it daft and childish.)
I don't want to change how I approach and enjoy matches in order to satisfy someone else's idea of fun and I'm not going to.
B - For perfectly valid reasons the design of the display is kept pretty much a secret till its unveiled.
The problem I have with this is that there is a danger I'm not going to agree with the message being displayed! The whole thing is planned and executed by a small group of people that I (and the vast majority of fans) don't know.

Just by reading this messageboard you can see there's loads of issues that divide the support, there has to be a danger here that those behind the displays will come up with something that some sections of the support would object to. For example what if they came up with a display this time that celebrated the supposed Green White and Gold, hands across the M8, brothers separated by a motorway, friendship that some celtc fans (and a few Hibs fans) seem to think links our two clubs?

Firstly, I apologise for my tone on the semi final display thread, i was out of order after a few drinks (wasnt drink just merry and stupidly looked in here and kind of got unmerry lol) and was uncalled for, I was a little pissed off because I spent a great deal of time helping on the display and was dishearted by your comments but each to their own I suppose..

I can tell you thou that I have seen the final plans and in no way shape or form is any of the above planned, sect43 is better than that and you'd only expect that from GB or BlueOrder.

I hereby invite you to come help out and see what hard work goes on to produce these kind of displays, we'll even let you see the plans and you can comment on them there and then?

I think the displays are magical and look amazing and from what ive heard they inspire the players, althou sats first half you wouldnt think so and at the end of the day its only for about a minute when the teams come out and its not as if its silent either, far from it, the noise generated from behind my card was louder than clapping the team IMHO!

Anyhow invites open for you to come see what goes on, a lot of people spend hours of time for a minutes display, if sect43 felt that the majority of the support were against it then they wouldnt do it!

Thanks for reading :aok:

HibeeB
18-04-2013, 12:36 AM
Am I the only one who has reservations about card displays? I really just don't see the point in them. It comes across to me as trying to ape the behaviour of fans abroad who have a completely different sports watching culture. Next we'll be having some bloke with a megaphone down the front telling people what to sing.

Aye, you are.

The display was brilliant! Made me proud of all our fans who were there. Shows how together we are in our support of Hibs.

The display was by the fans, for the fans and the team and everyone watching.

No connection to plastics with megaphones or mascots parading in front of fans who ignore them.

It was us, Hibees, that arranged it and did it. If you're not one of us keep yer neb oot!

PerfectlyFranck
18-04-2013, 01:14 AM
Aye, you are.

The display was brilliant! Made me proud of all our fans who were there. Shows how together we are in our support of Hibs.

No connection to plastics with megaphones or mascots parading in front of fans who ignore them.

It was us, Hibees, that arranged it and did it. If you're not one of us keep yer neb oot!

I doubt he is. There were plenty that refused to take part in the cup final display.
I got told where to go when I asked a few people to take part too.

I think a card display - with 20,000-odd Hibbies singing behind the cards, as the teams come out, will be more inspiring and motivational than the standard clap.
It's a big occasion and the players have noted the displays & support frequently in interviews.
It's their choice but I'll be very disappointed if I see people refusing to take part again.

HibeeB
18-04-2013, 01:30 AM
I doubt he is. There were plenty that refused to take part in the cup final display.
I got told where to go when I asked a few people to take part too.

I think a card display - with 20,000-odd Hibbies singing behind the cards, as the teams come out, will be more inspiring and motivational than the standard clap.
It's a big occasion and the players have noted the displays & support frequently in interviews.
It's their choice but I'll be very disappointed if I see people refusing to take part again.

Well maybe it's just me, but I can't understand why any Hibee turning up for the semi final would not want to get behind the team as they come out.

To actively choose not to support your team when you are there to watch them is just ****** weird!

Onion
18-04-2013, 05:56 AM
Well maybe it's just me, but I can't understand why any Hibee turning up for the semi final would not want to get behind the team as they come out.

To actively choose not to support your team when you are there to watch them is just ****** weird!

Football has strong traditions, which are part of the game. I always join in, but can see where those reluctant are coming from. It does feel weird not to applaud your team onto the pitch - particularly at a Cup Final - just like it was to sing SOL on Saturday right after the final whistle when we should have been celebrating and applauding with the players.

The card display is brilliant and everyone involved does a fantastic job. But personally, I see no reason for the message to be kept secret. IMHO telling the fans beforehand can only help to engage everyone and give them a sense of being involved. Without knowing "the bigger picture", all I'm doing is holding a card in the air :cb Also, it's one thing to know the message, another entirely to see it spread right around Hampden by 20,000 Hibs fans.

Beefster
18-04-2013, 06:00 AM

You're equating not holding up a bit of card with not supporting the team. As barcahibs explained, he'd rather clap the team onto the pitch so he is planning on supporting the team.

wearethehibs
18-04-2013, 07:05 AM
Im sure all the players hear when they come out is some crap pop song blaring out the speakers. So what better way to show them how much it means to us in a visual way. Instead of just standing clapping like we do every other week.

marinello59
18-04-2013, 07:11 AM

Surely you can see both sides? The displays are great and look superb but so does a stand full of Hibees bedecked in green, chanting, singing and waving flags etc. That can be just as inspirational can't it?
I held my card up on Saturday but I would still rather be able to enjoy seeing the team come out of the tunnel and there were others sat near me saying the same thing. No need for dismissing the way others choose to show their support, with choose being the important word.

Onion
18-04-2013, 08:53 AM
Surely you can see both sides? The displays are great and look superb but so does a stand full of Hibees bedecked in green, chanting, singing and waving flags etc. That can be just as inspirational can't it?
I held my card up on Saturday but I would still rather be able to enjoyout seeing the team come of the tunnel and there were others sat near me saying the same thing. No need for dismissing the way others choose to show their support, with choose being the important word.

Cards were extra helpful for hiding behind in the first 45 :aok:

IanM
18-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Football has strong traditions, which are part of the game. I always join in, but can see where those reluctant are coming from. It does feel weird not to applaud your team onto the pitch - particularly at a Cup Final - just like it was to sing SOL on Saturday right after the final whistle when we should have been celebrating and applauding with the players.

The card display is brilliant and everyone involved does a fantastic job. But personally, I see no reason for the message to be kept secret. IMHO telling the fans beforehand can only help to engage everyone and give them a sense of being involved. Without knowing "the bigger picture", all I'm doing is holding a card in the air :cb Also, it's one thing to know the message, another entirely to see it spread right around Hampden by 20,000 Hibs fans.

we can clap them when they come out then and when the 2 teams line up when they come out we could get the display up.. best of both worlds

DC_Hibs
18-04-2013, 10:14 AM
1. The card displays done over here strike me in the same way, poor imitations of the real thing - because we're trying to ape someone else's culture instead of following our own.

2. I get that some fans enjoy these and that's fine but I do sort of object to it being forced on everyone. I made the point in the run up to the semifinal that I would be avoiding the section with the card display as I didn't want to take part - now the group behind the displays are saying that every section will be involved in the next one, like it or not.

3. - For perfectly valid reasons the design of the display is kept pretty much a secret till its unveiled.

4. I've got a stubborn streak in me and I don't like being told what to do. Its a very Scottish/British (but particularly Scottish) outlook on life IMO, we're not the sort of people that easily fall into "follow the leader" patterns of behaviour

1. I went home and away in Germany most weeks for 6 seasons and the Sect43 displays compare well. You are probably comparing them against the 1% that you see on youtube which catch the attention as they are the stand out ones. Look back at displays c10-15 years ago when these foreign groups were starting out and you will see they were nothing special. They also have hundreds of members, a lot of funding and 95% participation from fans who embrace it. I saw plenty at Hampden who didn't.....that is their choice. If Sect43 continue to concentrate on improving matchday atmosphere through singing and displays they will do fine as they have buy in from the club and most fans. Forget about any Ultras tag.

2. You say in fourth point above that you have a stubborn streak and don't like being told what to do. Yet you moved section because a bit of card was to be placed in the back of your seat!!!! Plenty others just ignored it and watched/clapped the team coming out so why couldn't you? They are saying every section will have a bit of card. Its the ticketholders choice what to do with it, as everyone realises except you for some reason.

3. St Pats branch were heavily involved in the semi final display choice I believe and I'm sure there will be a few others outside their group who it's discussed with. Your suggestion of a Celtic linked display was ridiculous as you well know.

Good luck on the job front.

GreenCastle
18-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Some very petty posts here - I can't believe we have fans moaning about Hibs fans trying to bring some colour and atmosphere to the game.

We are talking about holding up a piece of card for around 30 seconds - and some fans are taking the hump and not taking part / moving sections etc.

If you really want to cheer the team on turn up as soon as they open the gates to the stadium - cheer them in the warm up - clap before you hold the card up and shout and scream for the rest of the 90 mins plus.

Section 43 have added good noise and made these games more of an occasion to supporters recently. While an older man may not see it as the top of the reason he attends games - what about those future Hibs kids watching and seeing something fun happening who want to be part of it in years to come and even support the team for a life time - even if the product on the pitch is poor at times.

All the flags at least years final was a great sight and I don't see any reason not to trust these guys with getting it right for the final.

Don't forget a world wide audience will be watching and anything to visually show what we are about as a club can only be a good thing to those watching.

Beefster
18-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Some very petty posts here - I can't believe we have fans moaning about Hibs fans trying to bring some colour and atmosphere to the game.

We are talking about holding up a piece of card for around 30 seconds - and some fans are taking the hump and not taking part / moving sections etc.

If you really want to cheer the team on turn up as soon as they open the gates to the stadium - cheer them in the warm up - clap before you hold the card up and shout and scream for the rest of the 90 mins plus.

Section 43 have added good noise and made these games more of an occasion to supporters recently. While an older man may not see it as the top of the reason he attends games - what about those future Hibs kids watching and seeing something fun happening who want to be part of it in years to come and even support the team for a life time - even if the product on the pitch is poor at times.

All the flags at least years final was a great sight and I don't see any reason not to trust these guys with getting it right for the final.

Don't forget a world wide audience will be watching and anything to visually show what we are about as a club can only be a good thing to those watching.

There's been one poster objecting to the display[s].

hibIBZ
18-04-2013, 10:53 AM
we can clap them when they come out then and when the 2 teams line up when they come out we could get the display up.. best of both worlds

i like the sound of this if it could be coordinated

Ross4356
18-04-2013, 12:41 PM

That is a brilliant idea

PerfectlyFranck
18-04-2013, 01:03 PM

i like the sound of this if it could be coordinated

That is a brilliant idea

Except, the point is to raise them as the teams come out and take a look at the crowd - not when they're facing away/focused elsewhere.

At the very least, I wouldn't change anything as it'll only cause more people to not raise it at all
(or at the right time - we don't want a checkered display)

Still plenty of singing to be had! :aok:

barcahibs
18-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Appreciate your points and opinions.

The display will be connected with our club and have zero to do with who we are playing.

Firstly, I apologise for my tone on the semi final display thread, i was out of order after a few drinks (wasnt drink just merry and stupidly looked in here and kind of got unmerry lol) and was uncalled for, I was a little pissed off because I spent a great deal of time helping on the display and was dishearted by your comments but each to their own I suppose..

I can tell you thou that I have seen the final plans and in no way shape or form is any of the above planned, sect43 is better than that and you'd only expect that from GB or BlueOrder.

I hereby invite you to come help out and see what hard work goes on to produce these kind of displays, we'll even let you see the plans and you can comment on them there and then?

I think the displays are magical and look amazing and from what ive heard they inspire the players, althou sats first half you wouldnt think so and at the end of the day its only for about a minute when the teams come out and its not as if its silent either, far from it, the noise generated from behind my card was louder than clapping the team IMHO!

Anyhow invites open for you to come see what goes on, a lot of people spend hours of time for a minutes display, if sect43 felt that the majority of the support were against it then they wouldn't do it!

Thanks for reading :aok:

Cheers guys I really appreciate you taking the comments so well, I'm not trying to attack you. I do apologise if my post came across at all patronising or aggressive (which having re-read it it might do - I think I was psyching up for more of a fight :thumbsup:)

I was brought up to take other Hibbies at their word so if you guys say it will be a message no Hibs fan could object to then I'm happy to believe you. Of course you guys have got more class than the likes of celtc's and sevco's versions that goes without saying. I am glad that you are aware that there is the potential for your messages to be contentious and are taking this into account.

(as for the comments on the other thread don't worry about it, if that wasn't a night for a having a couple of drinks and letting loose then when is? :greengrin )

Aye, you are.

Thats just the point mate, I'd like to keep my neb oot, but by extending the display round the whole stadium I don't get that choice.
I'm glad sect43 exists. I'm glad they enjoy their card displays. I fully support there being a section of the ground available for those who want to go a bit more radge at games than others. I don't want to sit (stand!) there though. Easter Road and Hampden are both big enough that there should be room for everybody to do their own thing.

Where do I say I don't want to support my team? I want to support them in the same way I have done for the last 30 years and the way my father did before me. By standing and applauding not hiding behind a card in silence.

Cards were extra helpful for hiding behind in the first 45 :aok:

I'm sold! :thumbsup:

1. I went home and away in Germany most weeks for 6 seasons and the Sect43 displays compare well. You are probably comparing them against the 1% that you see on youtube which catch the attention as they are the stand out ones. Look back at displays c10-15 years ago when these foreign groups were starting out and you will see they were nothing special. They also have hundreds of members, a lot of funding and 95% participation from fans who embrace it. I saw plenty at Hampden who didn't.....that is their choice. If Sect43 continue to concentrate on improving matchday atmosphere through singing and displays they will do fine as they have buy in from the club and most fans. Forget about any Ultras tag.

2. You say in fourth point above that you have a stubborn streak and don't like being told what to do. Yet you moved section because a bit of card was to be placed in the back of your seat!!!! Plenty others just ignored it and watched/clapped the team coming out so why couldn't you? They are saying every section will have a bit of card. Its the ticketholders choice what to do with it, as everyone realises except you for some reason.

3. St Pats branch were heavily involved in the semi final display choice I believe and I'm sure there will be a few others outside their group who it's discussed with. Your suggestion of a Celtic linked display was ridiculous as you well know.

Good luck on the job front.

You're right I probably am comparing them unfavourably against unrealistic expectations - but then I suspect so is everyone. Most people don't see the week in week out normal not very good displays, they only see the big ones. Of course its going to compare unfavourably. I don't get how that changes my point though.

Again I'm glad sect43 exists and I'm glad they enjoy doing what they're doing. I personally find the whole ultras thing a bit embarrassing so I'm glad they're not intending to go down that route - but at the end of the day its got nothing to do with me as I'm not part of it. if they don't find it embarrassing, and they do choose to go that route, that's their choice and I'd have no problem with it - as long as I don't have to join in!

I moved section because I have a stubborn streak and don't like being made to participate in things I don't enjoy. I might be stubborn but I'm also a grown up - I see no point in spoiling someone else's fun or possibly risking confrontation when I can defuse the whole thing by just moving a couple of rows over at a one off game. We all knew where the display would be at the semi it was no hardship to make sure I wasn't in it - that way everyone got to do what they wanted. This time I around I don't have that option.
Again I don't object to card displays, just to being forced to participate.

I'm happy to take the word of those involved that there will be nothing objectionable about the display - but the suggestion that the possibility is ridiculous is wrong IMO. You know as well as I do that there are small sections of the Hibs support who think that way - how am I to know they are not the leaders of the display making committee? The Hibs support is a broad church - that to me is one of Hibs greatest strengths and assets - but it does mean there is a potential for conflicting views.

As another example what if there were to be a future display at Easter Road in which the whole East Stand was expected to participate and which turned out to be a statement celebrating the fact that Wallace Mercer is dead? Some sections of the support would find that hilarious and very appropriate, other sections would be horrified to find out that they were part of making it. How am I to know what side of the fence sect43 comes down on that or any other issue? It is something that has to be considered if you expect the whole of the fanbase to take part.

(Cheers for the good wishes on the job front :thumbsup: )

Anyway. I'll leave my card down but I hope the display goes well for you guys. Hopefully you get loads of donations from folk reading this thread and wanting to piss me off :greengrin

smack
18-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Am I right in saying you get 1 ticket for the cup final if you donate money for the display and an additional cup final ticket if you help lay out the display

Sect43
18-04-2013, 06:25 PM
We finalised the display and worked out our total cost which includes 22,000 pieces of A2 card, material, paint, bags, delivery of card and van hire to transport card. This has came to approx. £1,750. In 3 days we have received over £400 from dozens of supporters which is outstanding. A huge thanks must also go out to those who have PMed and offered their support to help set out the display. We will keep everyone updated with the donations we receive as promised.

Sect43
18-04-2013, 06:28 PM
PS - tried to update title, but it doesn't appear to be pulling through.

18-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Getting paid next week so will defo be sending a wee donation your way. I have prior arrangements the night before the final so unfortunately I can't offer my services in helping setting it up but like I say ill be more than happy to give a financial contribution:flag:

Onion
18-04-2013, 06:33 PM
We finalised the display and worked out our total cost which includes 22,000 pieces of A2 card, material, paint, bags, delivery of card and van hire to transport card. This has came to approx. £1,750. In 3 days we have received over £400 from dozens of supporters which is outstanding. A huge thanks must also go out to those who have PMed and offered their support to help set out the display. We will keep everyone updated with the donations we receive as promised.

Well done,sounds good. Is the club making a contribution eg matching the fans donation ?

GreenCastle
18-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Surely Crabbies would be keen to print something on one side of the card for a small donation also ?

Sect43
18-04-2013, 06:36 PM
The club won't be making any financial contribution nor would we ask them to. We'd rather they put all their available cash behind signing Leigh on a permanent deal!

ronaldo7
18-04-2013, 06:48 PM

What size van do you need?

Sect43
18-04-2013, 06:55 PM
What size van do you need?

It took a full van for 4,000 pieces for the semi final so one of the boys involved who works in logistics is trying to obtain a 17 ton HGV. The weight of the card last time was 220kg so we are looking at over a ton for this one. Work in progress with regards to transport. We're hoping our man can get a freebie/discounted hire.

ronaldo7
18-04-2013, 07:04 PM
It took a full van for 4,000 pieces for the semi final so one of the boys involved who works in logistics is trying to obtain a 17 ton HGV. The weight of the card last time was 220kg so we are looking at over a ton for this one. Work in progress with regards to transport. We're hoping our man can get a freebie/discounted hire.

:taxi

So my Renault Trafic is too wee:greengrin

The van is available if you require it. I will pay the diesel and deliver whatever you want on the Friday/Saturday.:aok:

Sect43
18-04-2013, 07:32 PM
We're getting better at this and have various contacts along with supportive suppliers. Something we struggled with last year. To put it another way, Hearts paid £8,000 for their 'BIG' flag and couple hundred streamers last year...

essexhibee
18-04-2013, 09:33 PM

The van is available if you require it. I will pay the diesel and deliver whatever you want on the Friday/Saturday.:aok:

Love hibees coming together :thumbsup:

KdyHby
20-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Donation sent, more to follow post pay day.

Bob Box Fish
20-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Just sent you £5. Should be from hibernian0762@....

Let me know u got it.

Cheers

shezer
20-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Microscopic donation sent

josef k
21-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Donation just sent - thanks for all the work you and the others involved in section 43 put in :not worth

Mister P
21-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Pm sent. I can offer my services and equipment to host a race night. Guaranteed wee fundraiser. Just need a venue (Kano might be willing to offer the 4 in hand if you ask nicely)
Could easily raise £500-£1,000

Just need around 5/6 of your lads to volunteer working the betting desks on the night. All profits going straight to u!

Let me know?

Mister P
21-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Ps. The guys who posted above re not being into the displays etc, absolutely entitled to their opinions (thankfully they've been quite respectful to u guys) but I'm sure I share with the majority is saying you guys are doing a ****ing phenomenal job.

Keep up the good work lads.

Frazerbob
21-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Pm sent. I can offer my services and equipment to host a race night. Guaranteed wee fundraiser. Just need a venue (Kano might be willing to offer the 4 in hand if you ask nicely)

Just need around 5/6 of your lads to volunteer working the betting desks on the night. All profits going straight to u!

Let me know?

Race nights have been suggested several times in the past. Get 100 punters along and you should raise 2 or 3 grand easily.....and have a good night into the bargain. The Hibs Club would surely welcome this.

GORDONSMITH7
26-04-2013, 01:13 AM
32 lads and lassies at the St. Patrick's Branch meeting tonight at the Hibs Club agreed unanimously to donate £100.

BIG G

RIP
26-04-2013, 05:12 AM

Let me know?

JP that's a great offer. If nobody from Sect has been in touch please goes a phone and I'll help you connect.Might be able to offer some more help from folk at LWT.

Let me know. Gogs

GORDONSMITH7
26-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Race nights have been suggested several times in the past. Get 100 punters along and you should raise 2 or 3 grand easily.....and have a good night into the bargain. The Hibs Club would surely welcome this.

If this comes to fruition I will personally book the appropriately sized lounge/hall in the Hibernian Supporters Club and attend on the night.

BIG G

Seveno
26-04-2013, 11:36 AM
How is the fundraising going ? Anywhere near the total required ?

.SeventyFive
26-04-2013, 12:41 PM
10 bucks on their way to you. Make it a good 'un! :thumbsup:

MacBean
26-04-2013, 01:14 PM

Let me know?

JP that's a great offer. If nobody from Sect has been in touch please goes a phone and I'll help you connect.Might be able to offer some more help from folk at LWT.

Let me know. Gogs

If this comes to fruition I will personally book the appropriately sized lounge/hall in the Hibernian Supporters Club and attend on the night.

BIG G

JOhn has organised a few Race Nights for the hibs.net resident football team (not so much these days) Hibeernian AFC and they have been very successful, even with numbers as low as 50 folk attending. Our strips/league fees etc have been paid for, for three years running following successful race nights. Can't stress how good an avenue of income this is.

RIP
26-04-2013, 02:29 PM
JOhn has organised a few Race Nights for the hibs.net resident football team (not so much these days) Hibeernian AFC and they have been very successful, even with numbers as low as 50 folk attending. Our strips/league fees etc have been paid for, for three years running following successful race nights. Can't stress how good an avenue of income this is.

Thanks Paul. Can you goes a bell. Maybe we can work together on this, leaving the Sect dudes to plan, make flags etc

Sect43
27-04-2013, 09:09 AM
£708 raised so far.

Some news may be coming soon - it's been a difficult week, but there's light at the end of the tunnel.

nonshinyfinish
27-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Donation sent. :aok:

Jack Hackett
27-04-2013, 10:16 AM
Good luck with the show lads :flag:

Piqué
27-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Sent 10 quid your way. Keep up the good work!

Slicer
02-05-2013, 03:43 AM
20GBP sent :thumbsup:

ano hibby
02-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Just sent donation via paypal. Sure the display will look great, keep up excellent work guys.

DC_Hibs
02-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Hopefully the end of the month saw a fair amount come in when all of those "after pay day" promises materialised..............

alan1875
02-05-2013, 10:29 AM
I admire your work guys. Thanks for all the efforts. Small donation made via PayPal.

cocopops1875
02-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Gave Ross a ten spot on Saturday in the pub, keep up the good work

PerfectlyFranck
08-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Sent what little I can, I hope it's going well lads.

Any update on amount raised/needed and when it's due?

pontius pilate
08-05-2013, 03:20 PM
As I said earlier ill be making a donation when I get paid which will be next tues if that's ok?

Nakedmanoncrack
08-05-2013, 07:03 PM
I suspect I'll take more abuse for this but what the hell in for a penny in for a pound... :tin hat:

First off I don't mean to hijack this thread but not sure if its worth starting a thread on its own - admins please move/delete if desired.

To me its as bad as the Americanisation of sports events that we were all worried about when I was a kid - and which resulted in stuff like wheeling out a poor student in a cheap moth-eaten 'mascot' suit to trudge round Love Street on a wet Wednesday night in front of 30 fans whilst a group of local 8 year olds played at being cheerleaders in the background. Its just like watching the superbowl kids! :rolleyes:
The card displays done over here strike me in the same way, poor imitations of the real thing - because we're trying to ape someone else's culture instead of following our own.

I get that some fans enjoy these and that's fine but I do sort of object to it being forced on everyone. I made the point in the run up to the semifinal that I would be avoiding the section with the card display as I didn't want to take part - now the group behind the displays are saying that every section will be involved in the next one, like it or not.

I'm not saying that is what is going to happen, nor am I saying that I think anyone in Sect43 holds these views. In all likelihood the planned display will be something impressive and positive, I'm just pointing out that I don't know and I don't like that and would worry about being part of making a statement I didn't agree with.

Tl;dr?

(iii) I've got a stubborn streak in me and I don't like being told what to do. Its a very Scottish/British (but particularly Scottish) outlook on life IMO, we're not the sort of people that easily fall into "follow the leader" patterns of behaviour, you can pretty much see this throughout our history and culture. Its the reason, again IMO, why things like this haven't caught on here in the past and are unlikely to be much more than a passing fad in the present.

Anyway, apologies for the hijack of the thread. Again I'll point out (in the hope of avoiding the response I got last time :greengrin ) that while I don't necessarily want to be part of it I broadly support what the 12thman/Singing section/Sect43 are trying to do.
I admire your dedication and, whilst I still don't get the appeal of card displays, I think your past displays have been well thought out and done as well as possible.
I doubt I'll be holding my piece of card up at Hampden but I guess one gap out of 20 odd thousand won't make much of a difference :greengrin Unless I'm in that crucial catchphrase centre square :wink:

I can't afford much of a donation (unemployed) but if I do see a bucket collection at any point I'll chuck some change in it. (Though I also disagree with bumping other worthy causes who've already got their bucket collection lined up :duck: )

:agree:

I appreciate the work that goes into these displays, but its Hibs playing in a cup final and I'd rather like to see the teams take to the field.

Kris1875
08-05-2013, 07:49 PM
How's the money count going are you nearly there ?

down-the-slope
08-05-2013, 08:43 PM

I've still got the pics of my livingroom when you delivered card for last years final....:greengrin

Likewise I will be taking the A-Team van through on the Saturday early (to hotel) so can do same as last year plus 4 vols for laying out again (as long as champs league final viewing in pub is not affected :wink:)

Let me know

monktonharp
08-05-2013, 10:35 PM
I've looked at this thread for the first time, and thought it might all be about raising cash to support the display. I noticed that a van is available? if it is a further cost, to hire that van, cancel it...... I am available and prepared to supply for free, a large luton van ,fully manned,and the staff are always Hibbies:greengrin to pick-up and deliver the goods to the site on the day before the game. if this is of any assistance to you, please PM me and we can get things organised. wish I had offered earlier now, as you may already have this done.

Ross4356
09-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Donation sent keep up the great work, can't wait to see it