PDA

View Full Version : Pre cup final drinking

Dav1986
15-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Any ideas on places to book into for before the final? Because its Celtic does that mean that their fans will be booked into places we were on Saturday/last year? Running another bus for it and just wondering for where to go pre match....

Hibrandenburg
15-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Ban drinking til after the game. Too many tubes can't take it.

Dav1986
15-04-2013, 06:26 PM

Cheers for your helpful reply...

Billy Whizz
15-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Cheers for your helpful reply...

I agree though

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2013, 06:31 PM

be even worse with the 3PM K.O.

PerfectlyFranck
15-04-2013, 06:32 PM

And perhaps with Bank Holiday on the Monday.

Dav1986
15-04-2013, 06:35 PM
I agree though

He isn't necessarily wrong but not really a helpful response to the question is it?

cabbageandribs1875
And perhaps with Bank Holiday on the Monday.

didn't realise it was a holiday the next day so even worserer than just worse :(

Scouse Hibee

True, I can't wait to see the nick of some of the idiots that couldn't keep it together for a 12.30 KO.
Also why do fat old guys who have a shaved head and go red in the face when shouting consider themself to be rock hard? Always been a mystery to me.............phannys.

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2013, 06:39 PM
True, I can't wait to see the nick of some of the idiots that couldn't keep it together for a 12.30 KO.
Also why do fat old guys who have a shaved head and go red in the face when shouting consider themself to be rock hard? Always been a mystery to me.............phannys.

i have no idea, name and shame :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Any ideas on places to book into for before the final? Because its Celtic does that mean that their fans will be booked into places we were on Saturday/last year? Running another bus for it and just wondering for where to go pre match....

they lot will have already expected to be in the final so wouldn't surprise me if they've booked the lot around hampden

PerfectlyFranck
15-04-2013, 06:43 PM

They were abundant in Newcastle on Sunday; fat or scrawny, shaved head, red-faced ****.

Looking for fights with anyone and everyone when they couldn't get near the Mackems.

lord bunberry
15-04-2013, 06:52 PM

Punishing the majority for the actions of a tiny minority is not the answer

Brizo
15-04-2013, 06:53 PM

:agree:

That and young dafties on coke. Too many people on saturday off their faces on not just drink. Class As at fitbas not just a "millwall" problem.

Everyone likes a bevvy before the game and while it would be punishing the majority it might also make it a less aggressive experience for that majority. Unfortunately the jakey pondlife who attend our big games will be out in force, pissed and coked up like last Saturday.

DH1875
15-04-2013, 06:53 PM
I'll no be drinking as dont think you can grab a fag in the West

Baldy Foghorn
15-04-2013, 06:54 PM
I'll no be drinking as dont think you can grab a fag in the West

The Whole ground is non smoking I thought?

Hibrandenburg
15-04-2013, 06:55 PM

Casual designer gear out, fat, bald and red bloated old phannys in.

clerriehibs
15-04-2013, 06:57 PM

By the same token; ban football altogether, because too many tubes can't behave?

Baldy Foghorn
15-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Casual designer gear out, fat, bald and red bloated old phannys in.

What if fat, bald and red bloated phannys like me, wear casual designer gear??:confused: I give up :greengrin

iwasthere1972
15-04-2013, 06:58 PM

Smoking allowed outside the east stand where they also have food vans. Media and away fans probably think that we're leaving when in fact we're just going for a smoke or a burger and chips. Maybe even both.

.Sean.
15-04-2013, 07:00 PM
There really are some miserable, boring ****ers on here.

Scottish Cup Final, in the Sun (wishful thinking) and a bank holiday the following day? :party:

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-04-2013, 07:00 PM
What if fat, bald and red bloated phannys like me, wear casual designer gear??:confused: I give up :greengrin

Dinnae put yourself down like that Mr Brockie.

You're not fat! :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
15-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Dinnae put yourself down like that Mr Brockie.

You're not fat! :greengrin

Awwww Cheers gorgeous x:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
15-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Smoking allowed outside the east stand where they also have food vans. Media and away fans probably think that we're leaving when in fact we're just going for a smoke or a burger and chips. Maybe even both.

Lucky beggars, I had to wait until after extra time to get a puff......Mind you I would have lit up a hamlet at 3-0 if I had one....

DH1875
15-04-2013, 07:06 PM

Nah, your allowed to smoke at the back of the East stand.

pacorosssco
15-04-2013, 07:09 PM
'Pre Cup final drinking'

starts noo

vercol36
15-04-2013, 07:14 PM

You have made the fatal mistake of forgetting that Hibs.net is full of miserable bar-stewards. The responses on this thread are worthy of Kickback. I'd quite like to know the answer myself.

Anyone?

Shettleston, perhaps? The Montford? Star Bar :greengrin

ruthven_raiders
15-04-2013, 07:19 PM
didn't realise it was a holiday the next day so even worserer than just worse :(

It's a Glasgow holiday next again day, Edinburgh holiday the week before, schools in Edinburgh will be open so if we win the cup will the parade be on Sunday night, which I think would be unfair to rush it! Will the council bend over backwards to let us have it on a Monday, quite happily take my son out of school (unauthorised absence) lol

hibee_nation
15-04-2013, 07:22 PM
City center for drinks train to mount florida seemed to work fine for the semi. :party:
Learnt my lesson last year not to overdo it though.

Cabbage East
15-04-2013, 07:23 PM
What a miserable bunch of people on here.

Nakedmanoncrack
15-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Plenty pubs at the West End of stadium, but being a Sunday won't be open before 12.30.

oconnors_strip
15-04-2013, 07:25 PM
depends what end hibs get, if we get the west side then i would say all drinking establishments at the "celtc end" will be booked by them.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Neither Alfredo's or The Iron Horse will be open before 1230 due to the game being moved to Sunday, pity, good banter in Alfredo's pre-match on Saturday. :thumbsup:

hibee_nation
15-04-2013, 07:31 PM
depends what end hisb get, if we get the west side then i would say all drinking establishments at the "celtc end" will be booked by them.

There is no depends about it. Anyone who thinks we are getting the east stand is off their rocker. It will be west for us and hooray for that.

hibsforeurope
15-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Peebles bus booked in to Boswell hotel pre match, they have applied for an 11am licence too.

Hibrandenburg
15-04-2013, 07:44 PM
What a miserable bunch of people on here.

Not miserable, just don't need booze to let my hair down and pity those of you who do. Plus it's not that great being there with the nipper and having drunk wallopers staggering all over the place spouting pish.

Always amazes me how folks stinking of booze with pishy breeks seem to think I'm not having a good time because my heads not ****ing wasted.

Nakedmanoncrack
15-04-2013, 07:51 PM
depends what end hibs get, if we get the west side then i would say all drinking establishments at the "celtc end" will be booked by them.

Remember the Celtic crowd at the final is only going to be around half what they get at a normal home game, so there isn't going to be a huge demand for booking into places etc. I'd imagine most will just go their usual pre-match haunts & the pubs around the East end of Hampden.

Dashing Bob S
15-04-2013, 08:11 PM
I shall be merrily three sheets to the wind that day, and have absolutely no intention of showing up in any other condition.

Some sorts display a distinct lack of Joie de vivre.

vercol36
15-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Not miserable, just don't need booze to let my hair down and pity those of you who do. Plus it's not that great being there with the nipper and having drunk wallopers staggering all over the place spouting pish.

Always amazes me how folks stinking of booze with pishy breeks seem to think I'm not having a good time because my heads not ****ing wasted.

So why post on a thread that is clearly for people who want to have a drink before the game?

Hibrandenburg
15-04-2013, 09:08 PM
By the same token; ban football altogether, because too many tubes can't behave?

Mainly because they've been drinking.

Hibrandenburg
15-04-2013, 09:10 PM
So why post on a thread that is clearly for people who want to have a drink before the game?

Because it's a free country and I'm entitled to my opinion even if you don't like it.

NAE NOOKIE
15-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Was going to post about how nice it is to have a drink and a sing song in the pub before a big game, but I cant be bothered.

15-04-2013, 09:20 PM
It's a Glasgow holiday next again day, Edinburgh holiday the week before, schools in Edinburgh will be open so if we win the cup will the parade be on Sunday night, which I think would be unfair to rush it! Will the council bend over backwards to let us have it on a Monday, quite happily take my son out of school (unauthorised absence) lol

IF we win we will have to do the parade etc all in same day which is pretty unfair considering last year they got to have all the parade and celebrations the next day and therefore more celebration time.

hfc-1875
15-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Right everyone, no one is allowed a bevy before the cup final. :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2013, 09:26 PM

Nah it's only the erseholes who should refrain.

Hibrandenburg
15-04-2013, 09:28 PM

Cool! Might keep the numpties away from the game and free up tickets for folks who want to go and watch the football.

ronaldo7
15-04-2013, 09:30 PM
We'll be having a wee drink in the Limo on the way through, and then some lunch and a drink in the Columba club prior to making our way to melt the manks.

Enjoy your day everyone:aok:

15-04-2013, 09:31 PM
The vast majority of people are able to have pre-match drinks and be absolutely fine but there are a small minority of idiots who can't handle it and go too far, turn up pissed and decided to try act the hard man, making it very unpleasant for people around them!

If your having a drink before the game then enjoy yourself but please bear in mind their are young kids at the game to so please just don't ruin the occassion by getting pissed and acting like a moron.

Killiehibbie
15-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Right everyone, no one is allowed a bevy before the cup final. :rolleyes:Especially if you've been drinking Friday and Saturday!

hfc-1875
15-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Cool! Might keep the numpties away from the game and free up tickets for folks who want to go and watch the football.

I am going for the football but would also like a drink before the game as the majority do, if that's ok.

Hibrandenburg
15-04-2013, 09:39 PM
I am going for the football but would also like a drink before the game as the majority do, if that's ok.

Only if you promise to behave. It might be selfish of me but I'd really like to take the nipper to the game and avoid pished up jakeys spoiling the experience for him and if that means a drinking ban before the game then so be it.

hfc-1875
15-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Only if you promise to behave. It might be selfish of me but I'd really like to take the nipper to the game and avoid pished up jakeys spoiling the experience for him and if that means a drinking ban before the game then so be it.

Course no one should have to put up with that at football, just thought it seemed like it was aimed at all fans. Not everyone who likes a pint or 2 before the game is a pished up jakey mate.

clerriehibs
15-04-2013, 09:51 PM

Sometimes, not always. It's a minority of drinkers who cause trouble, so why take the line of banning the recreation of the majority (but not yours) because of the behaviour of the minority?

Hibrandenburg
15-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Sometimes, not always. It's a minority of drinkers who cause trouble, so why take the line of banning the recreation of the majority (but not yours) because of the behaviour of the minority?

Sorry mate but it's the same **** everytime we play at Hampden. I know the vast majority like and can have a drink before the game but as always its the small minority who spoil it for everyone. It's a game that could decide whether my boy takes up the Hibs standard or not and I'm in two minds whether I take him or not.

If fathers can't take their kids to the football without them being confronted by drunken idiots then it's no wonder our game is in decline.

Hibrandenburg
15-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Course no one should have to put up with that at football, just thought it seemed like it was aimed at all fans. Not everyone who likes a pint or 2 before the game is a pished up jakey mate.

I enjoy a pint or two before the game as well but know when to stop. I have a right to take my kid to games without my kid being confronted by antisocial behaviour caused by drink. If the powers that be can't guarantee that right then I will not take him and Hibs will lose a future fan. It's not too much to ask surely?

clerriehibs
15-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Sorry mate but it's the same **** everytime we play at Hampden. I know the vast majority like and can have a drink before the game but as always its the small minority who spoil it for everyone. It's a game that could decide whether my boy takes up the Hibs standard or not and I'm in two minds whether I take him or not.

If fathers can't take their kids to the football without them being confronted by drunken idiots then it's no wonder our game is in decline.

If the vast majority are fine with it, then you can't justifiably use the few idiots as a reason to ban the vast majority's recreation.

Hibrandenburg
15-04-2013, 10:21 PM
If the vast majority are fine with it, then you can't justifiably use the few idiots as a reason to ban the vast majority's recreation.

Sure I can. That's why laws get made. Unfortunate but sometimes a necessary evil.

clerriehibs
15-04-2013, 10:25 PM
Sure I can. That's why laws get made. Unfortunate but sometimes a necessary evil.

You should campaign to get rid of motor vehicles then, because your boy is at high risk on the journey to Hampden. Much, much safer if everyone walks, cycles (if there's no motor vehicles), gets the train or flies to the ground.

.Sean.
15-04-2013, 10:51 PM

Bet Christmas is a barrel of laughs round your gaff.

Hibrandenburg
16-04-2013, 05:35 AM
Bet Christmas is a barrel of laughs round your gaff.

It is actually, but I only invite folks who don't wear pishy trousers and can refrain from kicking the cat after having two eggnogs.

Hibrandenburg
16-04-2013, 05:36 AM
You should campaign to get rid of motor vehicles then, because your boy is at high risk on the journey to Hampden. Much, much safer if everyone walks, cycles (if there's no motor vehicles), gets the train or flies to the ground.

Think guns would be better suited for your comparison but even that would be ridiculous.

lord bunberry
16-04-2013, 06:47 AM

Have you ever considered that it's you that's got the problem. Thousands of people take their kids to hampden, the vast majority just tell their kids to ignore anyone they think is acting like an idiot. In life there's always going to be a minority of idiots you can't hide your children away from it

Pretty Boy
16-04-2013, 07:12 AM
Can see both sides to the argument.

I like a few pints before a game, it's probably been what I look forward to far more than the football the last few years. A ban on drinking would hack me off no end because i, like the vast majority of people, can enjoy a few pints without wanting to punch anything that moves.

On the other hand there is a minority in our support, any support really, who seem unable to have a few without actin like total erseholes. They seem to always be far more prominent at Tynecastle and Hampden as well. Before anyone starts i'm not talking about folk who stand, sing or have a bit of a drunken laugh. I'm talking about the guys who are red in the face, spittin everywhere as they launch into tirades against everyone and anyone and guys who think paggering in a football stadium is acceptable. There's no need to get that drunk imo.

hfc-1875
16-04-2013, 07:37 AM
I enjoy a pint or two before the game as well but know when to stop. I have a right to take my kid to games without my kid being confronted by antisocial behaviour caused by drink. If the powers that be can't guarantee that right then I will not take him and Hibs will lose a future fan. It's not too much to ask surely?

I suppose but probably every single football team will have a minotity of f***ys, doesn't mean everyone who has a few drinks before is going to give you hassle. Anyway hope you take the lad to the game and he see's a famous win!

The Tubs
16-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Think guns would be better suited for your comparison but even that would be ridiculous.

Getting slightly off-topic but, in Europe, cars and booze are probably in the same ball park in terms of deaths caused; guns don't get anywhere close. Indeed the argument that they would be banned if they were invented today has been applied to both; unlike guns whose restricted use is close to a ban. Therefore I would say the comparison is perfectly valid.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Because it's a free country and I'm entitled to my opinion even if you don't like it.

I completely get your point mate but sadly your laddie is going to grow up witnessing many of the sad acts of lunacy that society has to offer both at football matches and away from it. Of course only you as his parent can decide how and when you deal with it and to what extent you are willing to expose him to environments that you simply can't control.

SaudiHibby
16-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Nah it's only the erseholes who should refrain.

Thanks for volunteering :not worth

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Thanks for volunteering :not worth

Keep trying!

clerriehibs
16-04-2013, 12:13 PM

so you think guns don't really need regulated, but pre-match beers for anyone is a no-no?

Unbelievable.

hibIBZ
16-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Only on here could a thread about drunken football fans turn in to should guns be banned

Kojock
16-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Not seen this mentioned anywhere else but did anybody else have their enjoyment of the game spoiled by pretentious little brats running around, screaming, shouting, waving flags and generally being a pain in the erchie, while their parents just sat ignoring them and basically letting them do what they want.

At one point in the second half I had to keep adjusting my seating position so as I could see over the 3 year old boy standing on the seat in front. Just as well he didn't have a flag or I would have had serious words with his mother.

And before anyone gets on their high horse, the reason for me being in the family section was I couldn't afford a more expensive ticket as I had spent all my money on lager.:wink:

Captain Trips
16-04-2013, 12:30 PM
We will be in West so I would suggest following as I think Celtic will book up the places that Hibs may use:

Clockwork Beer Co.
Florida Park
The Langside

Are 3 pretty near

Bank cafe and bar
Merrylee Rd Bar and Kitchen
Beechings
are bit further.

Velma Dinkley
16-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Anyone who thinks sober people can't and don't start fights and talk pish has probably been on the sauce

Cabbage East
16-04-2013, 01:13 PM
A kid behind me had had far too much irn bru and sweeties and would not shut up. Really spoiled my day. They should ban sugary sweets and drinks as the kids become total a*ses when they've had too much. I was trying to enjoy the game with my mates, they shouldn't have to put up with that screeching and jumping about from these kids all hyped up on sugar.

It's a joke that they can't enjoy the football without filling their face with sugar.

Disgrace.

MacBean
16-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Some very laughable comments on here. How on earth can you say nobody should drink before a final?

NEVER let the minority ruin it for the majority. Most fans will be having drinks to calm the nerves and enjoy the party. If you choose not to drink, then so be it, don't spoil it for others.

I have been to over a dozen Scotland games, home and away over the last couple years where 90% of the crowd have been drinking for a few days consecutively and not once have I seen any bother.

In the three trips I've made through to Hampden in the past 12 months for Hibs games I've not seen any bother (albeit I've heard reports of some crowd trouble, but nothing to the extent of what was seen down south).

Was it not too long ago that there was a teen who got his nose burst by a seemingly sober gent at EASTER ROAD?

99% of us who will be drinking before the game will be savouring the atmosphere and having a party. The 1% are those that are being publicised and criticised on this thread as the "trouble makers".

If someone is being overly aggressive towards the team, shouting some obsenities and being intimidating then ask a steward to keep their eye on them and speak to them. People getting involved themselves is how arguments kick off and fights break out.

P.S the Hibs Hospitality packages at hampden, promote that you get a 1/2 bottle of wine and that there is a cash bar available. I blame the hoity-toity's for causing all the trouble :devil:

Hibrandenburg
16-04-2013, 01:46 PM
so you think guns don't really need regulated, but pre-match beers for anyone is a no-no?

Unbelievable.

Eh!

Hibrandenburg
16-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Big thanks to all for helping me make up my mind. He definitely won't be going.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Can I have his ticket? My wee nephew is 5, but, he enjoys a pint without bothering anyone. Although, I remember he tried to batter a Lothian bus driver for trying to charge him for a childs fare the week before his 5th birthday.

Cabbage East
16-04-2013, 02:09 PM

I'm sure he'll thank you in years to come.

"How come you didn't take me to the cup final that year dad? How come I didn't get to see Hibs lift the cup for the first time in over a hundred years?"

"Well son, I was worried there might be a few drunk Hibbies that might swear and stand up during the game. And the police, incredibly, refused to agree to my proposed city-wide drinking ban. You'll understand when you're older."

clerriehibs
16-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Big thanks to all for helping me makue up my mind. He definitely won't be going.

Aw!

marinello59
16-04-2013, 03:16 PM

Dinna be silly. The vast majority do know how to behave in front of kids and do sympathise with your viewpoint. If we win you will regret not having him there to share the moment with.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 03:17 PM

As his Dad if you think that's the correct decision to protect your son then no-one has any right to argue with it.

IanM
16-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Ban women from the final while we're at it.

we had 2 drunken women behind us with **** tan who only knew 2 songs..

'Darren Dodds you're a w*****r' and 'you're s***e and you know you are' on repeat

for that, women OUT OUT OUT
:greengrin
:worms:

DH1875
16-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Think guns would be better suited for your comparison but even that
would be ridiculous.

Guns??? Now, that is ridiculous.

DH1875
16-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Ban women from the final while we're at it.

we had 2 drunken women behind us with **** tan who only knew 2 songs..

'Darren Dodds you're a w*****r' and 'you're s***e and you know you are' on repeat

for that, women OUT OUT OUT
:greengrin
:worms:

I agree :-). Should have seen the state of the two just down from us. Had a boat load if kids with them and couldn't control any of them. Their choice of language would have been enough to make any big fat bald red faced casual blush.

hibee_nation
16-04-2013, 05:05 PM

YEEHA now we can all get blootered with a clear conscience. :greengrin

leithsansiro
16-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Pre final drinks? Probably best if the Hibs players stay well clear. Surely would make them seem too complacent...

Hibrandenburg
16-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Dinna be silly. The vast majority do know how to behave in front of kids and do sympathise with your viewpoint. If we win you will regret not having him there to share the moment with.

More than likely you are correct but by judging the majority opinion on here it would appear that people's right to get wasted is more important than kids rights to attend games without being confronted by drunks.

Like Scouse says, at the end of the day it will be my decision no matter what the trolls on here say. It's not what I wanted but maybe I should put my selfish wishes aside and look at the many other sporting alternatives on offer over here.

ronaldo7
16-04-2013, 09:30 PM
More than likely you are correct but by judging the majority opinion on here it would appear that people's right to get wasted is more important than kids rights to attend games without being confronted by drunks.

Like Scouse says, at the end of the day it will be my decision no matter what the trolls on here say. It's not what I wanted but maybe I should put my selfish wishes aside and look at the many other sporting alternatives on offer over here.

I took my Grandson to Hampden on Saturday and we sat in the south stand. Not many kids in there but we had a good day. A wee bit steeper for the tickets but worth it imo.

My laddie has decided it's too quiet for him and he'll be in the North for the final.

Your decision bud, but it would be great if we won eh:aok:

Hibrandenburg
16-04-2013, 09:31 PM
As his Dad if you think that's the correct decision to protect your son then no-one has any right to argue with it.

100% correct. Others like yourself have found alternatives to their first love clubs in their adopted home towns, so maybe that's what I should be looking at. At German games the beer flows before, after and even during games without the same level of anti social behaviour. Culture eh!

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-04-2013, 09:38 PM

Any one got any answers now in response to the op?

Hibrandenburg
16-04-2013, 09:41 PM
I took my Grandson to Hampden on Saturday and we sat in the south stand. Not many kids in there but we had a good day. A wee bit steeper for the tickets but worth it imo.

My laddie has decided it's too quiet for him and he'll be in the North for the final.

Your decision bud, but it would be great if we won eh:aok:

Here's hoping Ronnie. Bit of a relief to hear a positive experience. Might be sensible to keep him away just for the jinx factor, he's no seen us win yet :aok:

Hibrandenburg
16-04-2013, 09:46 PM

Sorry mate, didn't intend to hijack your thread. My first post was a wee bit tongue in cheek after reading another thread about all the shenanigans that went on at the semi and I felt I had to reply to some of the trolls. I'll take a deep breath and stand back now. Hope you have a great day :aok:

clerriehibs
16-04-2013, 09:54 PM
100% correct. Others like yourself have found alternatives to their first love clubs in their adopted home towns, so maybe that's what I should be looking at. At German games the beer flows before, after and even during games without the same level of anti social behaviour. Culture eh!

aye :rolleyes:, it's amazing ... http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/20/borussia-dortmund-violence

Dav1986
16-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Sorry mate, didn't intend to hijack your thread. My first post was a wee bit tongue in cheek after reading another thread about all the shenanigans that went on at the semi and I felt I had to reply to some of the trolls. I'll take a deep breath and stand back now. Hope you have a great day :aok:

No worries mate. Can understand why you have the viewpoint you do. You are right, people shouldn't be drinking so much before games if they can't behave themselves. I hope that we all have a great day that day and bring home the cup!

Dav1986
16-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Also for anyone interested, shettleston juniors got back in touch with me and they said they'll have hibs fans there for the final!

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 10:12 PM
There really are some miserable, boring ****ers on here.

Scottish Cup Final, in the Sun (wishful thinking) and a bank holiday the following day? :party:

And Chaz to help you see the day out. :wink: :greengrin

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Plenty pubs at the West End of stadium, but being a Sunday won't be open before 12.30.

Thought it was a Saturday as well. :aok:

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Neither Alfredo's or The Iron Horse will be open before 1230 due to the game being moved to Sunday, pity, good banter in Alfredo's pre-match on Saturday. :thumbsup:

As was the same in the Iron Horse :thumbsup:

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 10:19 PM

:aok:

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 10:20 PM

And no coke either. :rolleyes: :greengrin

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 10:22 PM
The vast majority of people are able to have pre-match drinks and be absolutely fine but there are a small minority of idiots who can't handle it and go too far, turn up pissed and decided to try act the hard man, making it very unpleasant for people around them!

If your having a drink before the game then enjoy yourself but please bear in mind their are young kids at the game to so please just don't ruin the occassion by getting pissed and acting like a moron.

:top marks

hibee_nation
16-04-2013, 10:23 PM

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jdHGoFURYOQJffNSp1nzTrAPFCLw?docId=CNG.fa0c1 d0fdf91eca291f675a407f60b56.421

Seems those laugh a minute German fans are full of fun after all. :party::take that

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 10:27 PM
Not seen this mentioned anywhere else but did anybody else have their enjoyment of the game spoiled by pretentious little brats running around, screaming, shouting, waving flags and generally being a pain in the erchie, while their parents just sat ignoring them and basically letting them do what they want.

At one point in the second half I had to keep adjusting my seating position so as I could see over the 3 year old boy standing on the seat in front. Just as well he didn't have a flag or I would have had serious words with his mother.

And before anyone gets on their high horse, the reason for me being in the family section was I couldn't afford a more expensive ticket as I had spent all my money on lager.:wink:

:tee hee:

silverhibee
16-04-2013, 10:29 PM

Sad

clerriehibs
16-04-2013, 10:33 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jdHGoFURYOQJffNSp1nzTrAPFCLw?docId=CNG.fa0c1 d0fdf91eca291f675a407f60b56.421

Seems those laugh a minute German fans are full of fun after all. :party::take that

I hope for Germany's sake they don't take it up to the Hibs fans' level :drunk:

MacBean
17-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Drinking before games has and most likely always will be part and parcel of attending football matches for a significant part of any clubs' support. I don't do it every weekend, only every now and then, but to an extent where I can go to the game and enjoy it.

Football has primarily been an adult male working class source of entertainment. The point made on the kids' right to not be confronted by drunks is true but I too have a right to go to the football and not be confronted by anyone, regardless of their state.

The problem with Finals and Semi's is that it is a long day and buses tend to leave at time where the allow at least 2 hours spare before the game where most adults will drink. Some more excessively to a state where they cannot control their actions or behave out of character.

I am sure I speak on behalf of most of the people who have posted here, when they say they like to have a drink before the game as it helps them enjoy the game that bit more. It helps with the party atmosphere and enjoyment of the occasion. Of course it is not necessary but in today's society there are very little events where some sort of alcohol intake is available.

It is their choice and their right to drink, as it is any parent's right to leave their child at home if they fear that a tiny amount of a support will ruin it for them.

It is however the Stewards and SFA's responsibility to eject any rowdy, and out of control drunk people.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-04-2013, 07:24 PM
I believe boozers in Glasgow can now apply for one off licences to open at 11am on a Sunday after the law was changed last year. I'm assuming its true as I was in a boozer in Dundee on the day of this years league cup final which was open early for the Dundee Derby. Perhaps its only Edinburgh that enforces the 1230 law now.

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2013, 07:29 PM
I believe boozers in Glasgow can now apply for one off licences to open at 11am on a Sunday after the law was changed last year. I'm assuming its true as I was in a boozer in Dundee on the day of this years league cup final which was open early for the Dundee Derby. Perhaps its only Edinburgh that enforces the 1230 law now.

I thought Edinburgh had already relaxed this rule :confused:

Jamie
18-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Also for anyone interested, shettleston juniors got back in touch with me and they said they'll have hibs fans there for the final!

worst place ever, having to Q to buy tokens then Q in the tent to hand over your tokens :rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-04-2013, 07:46 PM
I thought Edinburgh had already relaxed this rule :confused:

Not for pubs AFAIK. Snooker/Pool Halls and hotels seem to be ok though.

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2013, 07:49 PM

Ah I see, hotels have always been okay though apart from the prices they charge!

Captain Trips
18-04-2013, 07:52 PM
I noticed in a pub on southside of Glasgow they had sign saying could now serve alcohol I think was 11 or 11:30 I cannot remember.

JIm
18-04-2013, 07:57 PM
And no coke either. :rolleyes: :greengrin

Not even a couple of lines?:devil: :greengrin:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2013, 10:28 PM

Pub I got booked into, is opening at 12.30........