PDA

View Full Version : Official site cup final ticket info

down-the-slope
15-04-2013, 03:15 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130415/scottish-cup-final-2013_2262950_3145005

That will be ' get an ST or risk missing out' - if you read between the lines

Rush for renewals / new purchases this week then?

SteveHFC
15-04-2013, 03:18 PM
So those that currently have a ST and have renewed for next season should get at least 2 tickets :jmcp:

Broken Gnome
15-04-2013, 03:19 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130415/scottish-cup-final-2013_2262950_3145005

That will be ' get an ST or risk missing out' - if you read between the lines

Rush for renewals / new purchases this week then?

"Emphatic 4-3 win".

Are they taking the ****?

Lucius Apuleius
15-04-2013, 03:20 PM
"Emphatic 4-3 win".

:hibees:greengrin

I was going to post that. This will get some backs up. :greengrin

Stantons Angel
15-04-2013, 03:22 PM
thats what happened last season.

Season ticket holders got one and another if they had renewed by a certain date.

Getting a final ticket will make up the minds of the undecided on renewing their seat for next season.

Another way of raising money for the managers fund.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2013, 03:25 PM
So those that currently have a ST and have renewed for next season should get at least 2 tickets :jmcp:

That's how I read it
Makes sense from the clubs point of view as it will indoubtedly get a few more renewals in this week.

ronaldo7
15-04-2013, 03:27 PM

:jmcp:

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2013, 03:28 PM

if the article had actually stated that it would be the same format as last season then yes, but....it doesn't :)

can advise that full ticket information including prices and the format for distribution will be released by the end of this week

although i do agree ST holders should get two(imo)

down-the-slope
15-04-2013, 03:32 PM
if the article had actually stated that it would be the same format as last season then yes, but....it doesn't :)

can advise that full ticket information including prices and the format for distribution will be released by the end of this week

Its a teasy hint that it will be same as last year.....

but of course there might be a wee twist....:greengrin

Mikey
15-04-2013, 03:35 PM
The club is hoping to get ticketing info out by Friday but it's dependant on a few things being sorted such as price, and Celtic deciding which end they want.

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2013, 03:36 PM
The club is hoping to get ticketing info out by Friday but it's dependant on a few things being sorted such as price, and Celtic deciding which end they want.

i thought that was already decided :confused: sellick told the SFA what end they wanted + they got it...

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Its a teasy hint that it will be same as last year.....

but of course there might be a wee twist....:greengrin

oh i do luv a wee twist :greengrin

ronaldo7
15-04-2013, 03:38 PM

I think they'll go for the same prices as last year. £35 for the South:aok:

ekhibee
15-04-2013, 03:41 PM
"Emphatic 4-3 win".

I was just about to say the same thing!

HibbyAndy
15-04-2013, 03:45 PM

Mikey why the heck should Celtic get to decide ?.

Reaper
15-04-2013, 03:46 PM

It does say current ST holders and ST holders for next are guaruanteed.

Mikey
15-04-2013, 03:47 PM

Coz they're Celtic :greengrin

Aldo
15-04-2013, 03:47 PM

Andy cos they are Smellic... It's their RIGHT.

******g joke if you ask me.

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2013, 03:51 PM

It does say current ST holders and ST holders for next are guaruanteed.

yes i know that :confused: the point we are discussing is the point in bold above

HibbyAndy
15-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Sit them oan the roof :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2013, 03:59 PM
I hope it's not like last year where you had to make one journey to submit a form and then another to collect your tickets. (I never trust the post for tickets)

IWasThere2016
15-04-2013, 04:01 PM
I hope it's not like last year where you had to make one journey to submit a form and then another to collect your tickets. (I never trust the post for tickets)

I made one call and trusted the post - the mistake I made was to trust the team :greengrin

3pm
15-04-2013, 04:04 PM
"Emphatic 4-3 win".

The content of my pants was emphatic at about 1pm on Saturday.

Westie1875
15-04-2013, 04:04 PM
I don't care what end we're in, just win Hibs!

Reaper
15-04-2013, 04:38 PM
yes i know that :confused: the point we are discussing is the point in bold above

Ok. I was just saying. apologies.

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Ok. I was just saying. apologies.

no need to, tis fine :flag:

Onion
15-04-2013, 05:23 PM
"Emphatic 4-3 win".

Also liked this bit..

"Current Season Ticket Members and those who have renewed or bought a Season Ticket Membership for 2013-14 are guaranteed to be at this year's Scottish Cup Final"

Not just guaranteed the option of a ticket. Know clubs are poor at listening to its fans but that's going a bit far... PETRIE !!!

semaj64
15-04-2013, 05:32 PM

hopefully it will all be on line which work well for me anyway

JennaFletcher
15-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Was it really that difficult to get tickets on day of General sale at 10am as folk are making out?

jonny
15-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Was it really that difficult to get tickets on day of General sale at 10am as folk are making out?

I got through on the phone after about 2 hours of constant "redial" I have a few mates that tried all day and didn't though

DH1875
15-04-2013, 06:01 PM

If your doing it online, be quick as it times out and crashes so just when you think your getting somewhere you lose the tickets and have to try again.

PerfectlyFranck
15-04-2013, 06:02 PM

If they do 2 for current ST holders and then 1 for new ST holders, I don't think there'll be a chance of it going to general sale.

I renewed early but it's now just as good a time to get a ST - a cup final guaranteed and a season with European football to look forward to.

Part/Time Supporter
15-04-2013, 06:02 PM
"Emphatic 4-3 win".

Traumatic is more like it.

:greengrin

JennaFletcher
15-04-2013, 06:03 PM
I got through on the phone after about 2 hours of constant "redial" I have a few mates that tried all day and didn't though

Did you not try online too?

JennaFletcher
15-04-2013, 06:05 PM
If they do 2 for current ST holders and then 1 for new ST holders, I don't think there'll be a chance of it going to general sale.

I renewed early but it's now just as good a time to get a ST - a cup final guaranteed and a season with European football to look forward to.

I want to go with 2 others and gen sale is easiest way for us to at least be in same block.

Col2
15-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Mikey - do you have any idea if Rod is planning to wrap season tickets into an incentive plan which means those not season ticket holder this year or next may struggle to get a ticket aka last year?

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2013, 06:07 PM
We should have a thread on here for the final where all ST holders can donate their unwanted +1's to a worthy supporter. Each supporter wanting one has to post a reason as to why they desrve a ticket and we could all vote to see who gets them.

DH1875
15-04-2013, 06:09 PM

Is the 2 for current ST holders not only if they have renewed? Can see there being around 5k tickets for the general sale.

JennaFletcher
15-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Is the 2 for current ST holders not only if they have renewed? Can see there being around 5k tickets for the general sale.

True. It will be same as last year. 5,000 or so around for General Sale.

DH1875
15-04-2013, 06:15 PM
We should have a thread on here for the final where all ST holders can donate their unwanted +1's to a worthy supporter. Each supporter wanting one has to post a reason as to why they desrve a ticket and we could all vote to see who gets them.

Not me. If I renew my ticket is going to my brothers aunties uncle who might be my relative but I don't know them. Think they were at ER once upon a time though.

PerfectlyFranck
15-04-2013, 06:17 PM
True. It will be same as last year. 5,000 or so around for General Sale.

Scratch what I said about selling before general sale! I've just realised that they kept back an amount for general sale.

I remember there being a website meltdown with people trying to get tickets and getting kicked off the site right at the end of their waiting time.

JennaFletcher
15-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Scratch what I said about selling before general sale! I've just realised that they kept back an amount for general sale.

I remember there being a website meltdown with people trying to get tickets and getting kicked off the site right at the end of their waiting time.

It is weird they didn't do ticket office sales last year. Websites crash too easily with high traffic and phones are a mare. A Hunger Games style game is the only fair way :P

cwilliamson85
15-04-2013, 06:23 PM
I am praying that they allow fans to buy from the ticket office (in person) this year. I tried at public sale last year on the phone (£80 + bill) and still don't manage to get through. I managed to get a ticket 3 days before last years final but was an almighty task.

number9dream
15-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Can't remember seeing too many "I didn't get a ticket" hard luck stories last season, although I'm not sure hard luck applies given the result!
The online wait on the day of general sale was a test of the nerves but seemed to work out fine for most. The phone line was a different story - close to a scam, really... but, again, most fans were catered for in the end.
Still, a ST, which I've never had in four decades of following Hibs, removes any nagging doubts.
Do we have more ST holders this season than last? Did last cup final make much impact on sales?

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2013, 06:30 PM
It is weird they didn't do ticket office sales last year. Websites crash too easily with high traffic and phones are a mare. A Hunger Games style game is the only fair way :P

I got a couple in the online public sale last year - worked well; no issues.

Billy Whizz
15-04-2013, 06:34 PM

They won't do what your saying. Max 1 for this year season ticket holder and another 1 if they have renewed = 2 in total

DH1875
15-04-2013, 06:42 PM
I want to go with 2 others and gen sale is easiest way for us to at least be in same block.

If you can guarantee a ticket then take it. You can then try for the others and if you get 2 swap the first with someone in yhe section.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2013, 06:45 PM
They won't do what your saying. Max 1 for this year season ticket holder and another 1 if they have renewed = 2 in total

Yep.

This is the best way. It's an incentive to renew and an incentive to buy. And should still leave plenty for a general sale as well.

Hibs Class
15-04-2013, 06:48 PM
"Emphatic 4-3 win".

Says "dramatic" on my pc - have they edited it?

Baldy Foghorn
15-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Says "dramatic" on my pc - have they edited it?

Been edited on official site.....I couldn't believe reading the original, saying it was emphatic......:greengrin

pacorosssco
15-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Can't remember seeing too many "I didn't get a ticket" hard luck stories last season, although I'm not sure hard luck applies given the result!
The online wait on the day of general sale was a test of the nerves but seemed to work out fine for most. The phone line was a different story - close to a scam, really... but, again, most fans were catered for in the end.
Still, a ST, which I've never had in four decades of following Hibs, removes any nagging doubts.
Do we have more ST holders this season than last? Did last cup final make much impact on sales?

it was horrific and as were people phone bills who called 70/80 times.

loyalty scheme. simples

Baldy Foghorn
15-04-2013, 07:00 PM

loyalty scheme. simples

We have a loyalty scheme, it's called a season ticket

DH1875
15-04-2013, 07:02 PM

loyalty scheme. simples

And not forgetting that there will be more folk looking for tickets as they wont be in the Yams end this year.

pacorosssco
15-04-2013, 07:13 PM
We have a loyalty scheme, it's called a season ticket

ouch, yes seasons i salute you but then those who make games(home or away) when possible or even those who attend semi finals

Baldy Foghorn
15-04-2013, 07:24 PM
ouch, yes seasons i salute you but then those who make games(home or away) when possible or even those who attend semi finals

Sorry if my response seemed snippy......Every time we get to a Final, the same arguments/discussions appear......

FWIW there is no easy answer. I wrote to Hibs some time in 2005, asking them to look at loyalty systems and points, but was told it could not be implemented....I don't believe that a software package can't be bought, that would allow alll games attended to gain points.....I know that buying tickets for away games, you need to provide address and client reference number, and along with the database, surely it could be better utilised?

pacorosssco
15-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Sorry if my response seemed snippy......Every time we get to a Final, the same arguments/discussions appear......

FWIW there is no easy answer. I wrote to Hibs some time in 2005, asking them to look at loyalty systems and points, but was told it could not be implemented....I don't believe that a software package can't be bought, that would allow alll games attended to gain points.....I know that buying tickets for away games, you need to provide address and client reference number, and along with the database, surely it could be better utilised?

no offense taken and seasons are the loyalty scheme and the soul of the club.

a loyalty scheme could be done(farts have one)and sadly for a long time we have been behind the times or we aren't given the honest answer of its too much hassle or a cost we can avoid from club. scott lindsay told me last year that being in a final was unprecedented and hibs had no experience of handling ticket allocations. my mobile bill was over a hundred quid calling a number that some people were sold tickets and i was told to keep calling option 1.

If I remember correctly(maybe not) those who went to the semi against Livingstone in 2001 were guaranteed a ticket to final with stub over ten years ago and we have been in 4 finals in last ten years, hardly unprecedented

i live abroad i am a huge hibs fan as anyone who knows me will tell. last year i made the killie game and traveled for semi . I knew people with tickets that haven't been to ten hibs games in their life. I only got a ticket last minute through a family member(cheers again mark still owe you) and did fear I wouldnt be there. Any time I'm in Edinburgh I'm at Easter road. I know friends who go as many homes games as they can . It would be nice to know it was worth it when it comes to these games.

Baldy Foghorn
15-04-2013, 08:00 PM

a loyalty scheme could be done(farts have one)and sadly for a long time we have been behind the times or we aren't given the honest answer of its too much hassle or a cost we can avoid from club. scott lindsay told me last year that being in a final was unprecedented and hibs had no experience of handling ticket allocations. my mobile bill was over a hundred quid calling a number that some people were sold tickets and i was told to keep calling option 1.

If I remember correctly(maybe not) those who went to the semi against Livingstone in 2001 were guaranteed a ticket to final with stub over ten years ago and we have been in 4 finals in last ten years, hardly unprecedented

i live abroad i am a huge hibs fan as anyone who knows me will tell. last year i made the killie game and traveled for semi . I knew people with tickets that haven't been to ten hibs games in their life. I only got a ticket last minute through a family member(cheers again mark still owe you) and did fear I wouldnt be there. Any time I'm in Edinburgh I'm at Easter road. I know friends who go as many homes games as they can . It would be nice to know it was worth it when it comes to these games.

Not surprised by the response from Mr Lindsay, not having a clue is being kind to him.....Surely in this day and age, a points system is the way forward.....

Billy Whizz
15-04-2013, 08:06 PM

Do you subscribe to Hibs TV for live matches? If you buy a season ticket for this, does it entitle you to a cup final ticket?

pacorosssco
15-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Do you subscribe to Hibs TV for live matches? If you buy a season ticket for this, does it entitle you to a cup final ticket?

thats another can of worms.

Billy Whizz
15-04-2013, 08:17 PM
thats another can of worms.

Why........

Hermit Crab
15-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Simple. Season tickets get first shout. 2 each. Then memberships, then if any left a general sale. If any left after that those who left early get a a chance. :-)

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Simple. Season tickets get first shout. 2 each. Then memberships, then if any left a general sale. If any left after that those who left early get a a chance. :-)

Why 2? You can only use 1...

Unless the 2nd one's to get back in after storming out after 30 minutes?

Hermit Crab
15-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Why 2? You can only use 1...

Unless the 2nd one's to get back in after storming out after 30 minutes?

Yeah like the team having to pay to get back in after 30 minutes. Stonewaller that season ticket holders will get 2. One for your ticket this season and one for next season if you renew your season ticket.

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Yeah like the team having to pay to get back in after 30 minutes. Stonewaller that season ticket holders will get 2. One for your ticket this and one for next season if you renew your season ticket.

Might be a stonewaller but why?

Hermit Crab
15-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Reward for 1. Having a season ticket 2. Renewing it.

PatHead
15-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Re the "Celtic end" I am sure this will be a police decision as I doubt they will want Celtic supporters drinking in pubs at the wrong end. Re the loyalty scheme I am sure Hibs are looking into this and it won't be too long before such a scheme is in place. Unfortunately not in time for the final.

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Reward for 1. Having a season ticket 2. Renewing it.

Doesn't make sense. You're being rewarded with something you can't use - like the free OF tickets this year.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Doesn't make sense. You're being rewarded with something you can't use - like the free OF tickets this year.

You can give it to a mate who wants to sit next to you.

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2013, 09:06 PM
You can give it to a mate who wants to sit next to you.

Bit hypocritical? Bang on about being rewarded for being loyal then giving it to a part timer?

Hermit Crab
15-04-2013, 09:08 PM

Oh well I won't use it then.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Bit hypocritical? Bang on about being rewarded for being loyal then giving it to a part timer?

Eh! Who said give it to a part timer? Unless you are assuming that anyone not having a ST is a part timer :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Oh well I won't use it then.

Well technically you can't use it.

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Eh! Who said give it to a part timer? Unless you are assuming that anyone not having a ST is a part timer :confused:

That's one of my assumptions mate. Give me a shout if you're stuck on anything else.

Hermit Crab
15-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Well technically you can't use it.

If I can't use it then no one can

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2013, 09:14 PM
That's one of my assumptions mate. Give me a shout if you're stuck on anything else.

:faf: So I assume you're talking pish then

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2013, 09:14 PM
If I can't use it then no one can

Will you buy it and leave a seat empty?

Hermit Crab
15-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Will you buy it and leave a seat empty?

That's my business surely?

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2013, 09:15 PM
:faf: So I assume you're talking pish then

Nah you're confused.

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2013, 09:16 PM
That's my business surely?

Yes but my point is you shouldn't have the choice.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Nah you're confused.

:faf: You're bitter and confused or.......................................on the wind up.

Hermit Crab
15-04-2013, 09:20 PM
:faf: You're bitter and confused or.......................................on the wind up.

I reckon he's at the lash.

Bristolhibby
16-04-2013, 06:58 AM
Re the "Celtic end" I am sure this will be a police decision as I doubt they will want Celtic supporters drinking in pubs at the wrong end. Re the loyalty scheme I am sure Hibs are looking into this and it won't be too long before such a scheme is in place. Unfortunately not in time for the final.

Thing is, it was in place last year.

They stopped it, (no idea why).

I would have joined in a heartbeat.

J

Bristolhibby
16-04-2013, 07:01 AM
I suppose the only good thing about STs getting two is that the other one usually goes to someone who would just be calling in on the general sale.

Meaning the general sale numbers will be lower as a consequence.

Just annoyed they stopped the membership scheme.

As a moot point any Members were Members for part of this season.

Membership ran from 28th December 2011 to 27 December 2012.

C'mon Petrie, reward your Members who were Members for part of this season.

J

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2013, 07:12 AM
As a moot point any Members were Members for part of this season.

Membership ran from 28th December 2011 to 27 December 2012.

C'mon Petrie, reward your Members who were Members for part of this season.

J

Half a season membership = half a cup final ticket.

Brightside
16-04-2013, 07:18 AM
If you want a Cup Final ticket buy a season ticket. If you want a better product on the pitch buy a season ticket. If you want the team to survive long term - Buy a season ticket! The 2 tickets are a reward for the contribution that season ticket holders make to the club.

lyonhibs
16-04-2013, 07:20 AM

I'll be using a renewing ST holder's +1, assuming that is how it pans out.

Location means I've only seen 5 games this season, but the passion and how miserable/great Hibs can make me feel has abated not one bit since I used to live 15 minute walk from Easter Road.

Am I a part timer? What qualifies as a part timer? Someone who only gets to a few games a season for perfectly valid reasons?

I think - in the run up to the SC Final ticket scramble - Danderhall Hibs + anyone else who thinks a non ST holder is by default a "part timer", should get together one evening and flesh out their definition to the nth degree.

Just so the rest of us know where we stand........ :cb

3pm
16-04-2013, 07:22 AM
Half a season membership = half a cup final ticket.

Fine. As long as it's the 2nd half.

down-the-slope
16-04-2013, 07:30 AM
I'll be using a renewing ST holder's +1, assuming that is how it pans out.

Location means I've only seen 5 games this season, but the passion and how miserable/great Hibs can make me feel has abated not one bit since I used to live 15 minute walk from Easter Road.

Am I a part timer? What qualifies as a part timer? Someone who only gets to a few games a season for perfectly valid reasons?

I think - in the run up to the SC Final ticket scramble - Danderhall Hibs + anyone else who thinks a non ST holder is by default a "part timer", should get together one evening and flesh out their definition to the nth degree.

Just so the rest of us know where we stand........ :cb

Last time out 'Hibernians' got 1 - as they are regular contributors to the youth development - this time i would hope they get the same. Its a great way for those who love and want to contribute to club (but can't attend matches) can feel involved

This time there is no cheapy 'membership' scheme so there will be less tickets going out that way.

Lyon - just out of interest. How would you feel if you could buy a ST and use it on the few occasions you are able (and receive its additional benefits such as Cut Tickets etc) but have it used for Kick for Kids when you are not able?

* this is not currently an option but being involved with Lets Work Together I would be willing to debate this with management if there was sufficient interested parties.

Bristolhibby
16-04-2013, 09:18 AM
If you want a Cup Final ticket buy a season ticket. If you want a better product on the pitch buy a season ticket. If you want the team to survive long term - Buy a season ticket! The 2 tickets are a reward for the contribution that season ticket holders make to the club.

Cant, Live in Wiltshire.

J

JimBHibees
16-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Cant, Live in Wiltshire.

J

No excuse. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 09:23 AM
Cant, Live in Wiltshire.

J

That's okay there is no catchment area, you can buy one wherever you live. :-)

Bristolhibby
16-04-2013, 09:29 AM

OK, I cant get to the games.

I have met a number of hibees from the North of England, a 3 hour drive every second weekend is doable.

For me its 7 and 1/2 hours. I just cant phisically do that every fortnight.

This precludes me from buying a season ticket. But I think you knew that anyway.

J

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 09:33 AM
OK, I cant get to the games.

I have met a number of hibees from the North of England, a 3 hour drive every second weekend is doable.

For me its 7 and 1/2 hours. I just cant phisically do that every fortnight.

This precludes me from buying a season ticket. But I think you knew that anyway.

J

Err yes hence the smiley!!!

Bristolhibby
16-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Err yes hence the smiley!!!

Ahhhh, je comprende.

J

FranckSuzy
16-04-2013, 09:37 AM
My brother lives in Australia, was a season ticket holder until he emigrated, is a shareholder and forked out big time to return last year to watch that shambles. If it's OK with the ticket polis, can I give him my + 1 if the arrangements are the same as last year? :wink:

GordonHFC
16-04-2013, 09:38 AM

Or a no timer?

JimBHibees
16-04-2013, 09:40 AM
My brother lives in Australia, was a seson ticket holder until he emigrated, is a shareholder and forked out big time to return last year to watch that shambles. If it's OK with the ticket polis, can I give him my + 1 if the arrangements are the same as last year? :wink:

Let me get back to you on that. :greengrin

Leishy1995
16-04-2013, 09:42 AM
I have been to all of our Scottish cup games, I work in Saturday afternoons so a season ticket simply doesn't benefit me in anyway.

I have all my tickets as memories, surely I should be able to go to the final.

Brightside
16-04-2013, 09:44 AM

Exactly. I know a lot of people live in other parts of the country but the bottom line is the club can only invest using money it actually has. You can sign players in the hope that another 8000 walk ups will turn up each week. So as a club we have to live within our means. The quality of player we have is what you get when we only get 10k must weeks.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Exactly. I know a lot of people live in other parts of the country but the bottom line is the club can only invest using money it actually has. You can sign players in the hope that another 8000 walk ups will turn up each week. So as a club we have to live within our means. The quality of player we have is what you get when we only get 10k must weeks.

Just to be clear I wasn't suggesting that BristolHibby or anyone else for that matter who cannot attend on a regular basis should still buy a ST. There maybe some that do but personally I wouldn't either.

Onion
16-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Still not sure why non-ST holders are panicking. There will be more than enough tickets. The assumption seems to be that ST holders will all take up their 2 ticket allowance. I didn't make last year's final so bought none, which would have gone to general sale. Also been a few occasions where I've only bought 1 when 2 allowed. There will be a lot of ST holders in same position. Then there's the 10k earmarked for debentures, sponsors and other clubs, many of which will end up on the market.

Brightside
16-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Just to be clear I wasn't suggesting that BristolHibby or anyone else for that matter who cannot attend on a regular basis should still buy a ST. There maybe some that do but personally I wouldn't either.

Yes - I agree also. I just think we need to be realistic as fans. Hibs will only ever spend what they can earn.

Hermit Crab
16-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Still not sure why non-ST holders are panicking. There will be more than enough tickets. The assumption seems to be that ST holders will all take up their 2 ticket allowance. I didn't make last year's final so bought none, which would have gone to general sale. Also been a few occasions where I've only bought 1 when 2 allowed. There will be a lot of ST holders in same position. Then there's the 10k earmarked for debentures, sponsors and other clubs, many of which will end up on the market.

I think there will be plenty tickets on general sale. 7-8 k is my guess.

Pretty Boy
16-04-2013, 10:45 AM
I think there will be entry tickets on general sale. 7-8 k is my guess.

This.

Even if every ST holder took 2 there would still be nearly 6k left.

.Sean.
16-04-2013, 10:53 AM
I reckon he's at the lash.

I hope he doesn't get a ticket, then I can send a picture of me and the empty seat beside me on final day.

Mikey
16-04-2013, 10:57 AM
I've added a sticky on the main board as a guide. There are reasonable options for non season ticket holders to secure entitlement but I suspect that a full season ticket for next season is the only one that will be available now.

There's still plenty of time to get yourself priority for next season's finals though :greengrin

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?261991-Who-s-(Probably)-Entitled-To-A-Cup-Final-Ticket

If I've missed something be sure to let me know :wink:

Baker9
16-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Last year I spent days trying to get a ticket for the final. I'm a registered ticket buyer but after 3 hours online and no luck with the Dunfermline ticket draw I was saved by a poster on here who's pal couldn't make it. I'm all for season ticket holders getting priority but how about us more mature guys who have actively supported the team to varying degrees (jobs, families, location allowing) for in my case 50+ years. How about an allocation for old f*rts? We've suffered for the cause more than most.:greengrin

Bill Milne
16-04-2013, 11:04 AM
I understand that people who live a long way from Edinburgh won't buy STs. Given the way the distribution was structured last year, however, being a Hibernian member would have secured a ticket. It's perhaps too late now but did this not occur to the people involved? A relatively cheap way to show support and take advantage of these occasions IMHO.

GlenrothesHibee
16-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Hampden really isnt big enough for cup finals

Purehibee_MYB
16-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Does anyone know if I'd be able to use a Ticketmaster voucher to buy my cup final ticket (got a season ticket for next season). Got a voucher and seem to remember our tickets being sold via ticketmaster

Bristolhibby
16-04-2013, 11:06 AM
I understand that people who live a long way from Edinburgh won't buy STs. Given the way the distribution was structured last year, however, being a Hibernian member would have secured a ticket. It's perhaps too late now but did this not occur to the people involved? A relatively cheap way to show support and take advantage of these occasions IMHO.

My point exactly, only problem is that Hibs did not renew the Membership scheme. I would have paid more than the £20 for one calendar year.

Never knew why we had it for one season then nothing.

J

Hermit Crab
16-04-2013, 11:10 AM
I hope he doesn't get a ticket, then I can send a picture of me and the empty seat beside me on final day.

I might go dressed as a seat then, and send him a photo.

MacBean
16-04-2013, 11:17 AM
My cousin lives in Perth and has been to 9 of our home league games this season and all of our SC games. He has sat beside me and my old man who are ST holders. My brother plays football on Saturday, works Sundays, therefore seldomly makes games. He has however been to 5 of our home games this season and both home SC ties (he couldnt make Saturday past due to football. This has happened for the last few seasons.

We renewed for next season the day they were released. Our additional tickets (Should that be the case) will go to deserving fans who cannot commit to every week for several reasons, including finances, but have done when available.

I'm not saying that their attendances are any better or more deserving than the next walk up punter, but the additional tickets are going to ensure that two people who are deserving of a ticket get one as opposed to someone who will only turn up for whatever incentive Hibs offer over the coming weeks, or just the big games. I think this will be the case with a lot of people.

I can understand people's frustration at situations where people who havent been to ER for the whole season get handed a ticket from their relative who is a ST holder, but I would have to say that additional ticket it is an added benefit of being a ST holder.

Mikey
16-04-2013, 11:17 AM
My point exactly, only problem is that Hibs did not renew the Membership scheme. I would have paid more than the £20 for one calendar year.

Never knew why we had it for one season then nothing.

J

I think it's "The Hibernians" monthly subscription that Bill's referring to.........

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TheHiberniansMembers/0,,10290,00.html

They got a ticket last year but the cut off date was 31st December (I think) so you couldn't sign up now to get a ticket this time round.

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2013, 11:35 AM

I might go dressed as a seat then, and send him a photo.

Give me a shout and I'll come across and take your pictures for you. :na na:

Carheenlea
16-04-2013, 11:41 AM
I don't think there will any problems getting a ticket for this. I know a few folk who were at the final last year but didn't go to this year's semi (or indeed supported the team since last May) with only a minibus required at the weekend there from my home town. I still think we will sell out, but wouldn't be surprised if a number of tickets remain unsold.

Beefster
16-04-2013, 11:46 AM

I'm being rewarded by giving my spare ticket to my Auntie Ethel. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

1875Hibees
16-04-2013, 11:47 AM
There were 40k hibbies who went to the Livi game a while back and 35k to the Kilmarnock game. This in itself proves that there will not be enough tickets. Also I had about 10 pals who last year failed to even get near tickets for the final. There are not nearly enough tickets.

.Sean.
16-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Give me a shout and I'll come across and take your pictures for you. :na na:

All joking aside there will be plenty tickes. My spare will be going to my mate who's been home and away this season when work has permitted, hopefully it's folk like this who are seen alright for tickets rather than taking your bird/ mate who follows another team.

1875Hibees
16-04-2013, 12:01 PM
All joking aside there will be plenty tickes. My spare will be going to my mate who's been home and away this season when work has permitted, hopefully it's folk like this who are seen alright for tickets rather than taking your bird/ mate who follows another team.
Enough tickets for ST holders but it will be a struggle to get tickets for anyone else unless Hibs introduce some sort of "turn up to the 3 league games at ER and be guarenteed a chance to purchase a ticket" in which will boost the home attendances as well as getting some Non ST holders a chance to get tickets.

Billy Whizz
16-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Enough tickets for ST holders but it will be a struggle to get tickets for anyone else unless Hibs introduce some sort of "turn up to the 3 league games at ER and be guarenteed a ticket" in which will boost the home attendances as well as getting some Non ST holders a chance to get tickets.
They should but limit to around 2.000 or so, to create demand

Since90+2
16-04-2013, 12:08 PM
There were 40k hibbies who went to the Livi game a while back and 35k to the Kilmarnock game. This in itself proves that there will not be enough tickets. Also I had about 10 pals who last year failed to even get near tickets for the final. There are not nearly enough tickets.

Really?

Every Hibee I know , and I know a fair few , who wanted a ticket for the final last year got one.

Hermit Crab
16-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Enough tickets for ST holders but it will be a struggle to get tickets for anyone else unless Hibs introduce some sort of "turn up to the 3 league games at ER and be guarenteed a chance to purchase a ticket" in which will boost the home attendances as well as getting some Non ST holders a chance to get tickets.

As already pointed out if every season ticket holder bought their allocation of 2 tickets then there would still be around 6k left for others. That's more than enough given our attendances this season.

1875Hibees
16-04-2013, 12:11 PM
They should but limit to around 2.000 or so, to create demand
Yup. Maybe give the chance for 1,000 or so who turn up for the 3 league games a chance to buy tickets. It will be a real struggle for non ST holders to get one anyway but at least this would give people a chance.

1875Hibees
16-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Really?

Every Hibee I know , and I know a fair few , who wanted a ticket for the final last year got one.
Yes mate. I had many friends who failed to get a ticket. And I am sure a lot of people were in the same boat. Considering that we sold out before Hearts and they have over 300,000 fans lol.

1875Hibees
16-04-2013, 12:15 PM
As already pointed out if every sradon ticket hder bought their allocation of 2 tickets then there would still be around 6k left for others. That's more than enough given our attendances this season.
But remember the glory hunter Hibs fans will be out lol.

Dashing Bob S
16-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Two to ST holders is the best bet.

Yes, there will be the odd ST holder who uses the spare ticket on a family member or friend who rarely, if ever, goes. However, most will sort out friends who are regular attenders and/or old pals have moved out of town for work/family reasons.

No system of allocation is perfect; entrusting the bulk of it to the regular supporters is less flawed than most.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 12:26 PM
I have just been asked by someone at work who has never been to a Hibs game in his life (but is thinking of going PATG next season) if i can get him TWO tickets for the final. He has been told that as a ST holder I am the one to ask!!!

Hermit Crab
16-04-2013, 12:35 PM
I have just been asked by someone at work who has never been to a Hibs game in his life (but is thinking of going PATG next season) if i can get him TWO tickets for the final. He has been told that as a ST holder I am the one to ask!!!

When you replied I hope the 2nd word you used was "off".

Hermit Crab
16-04-2013, 12:36 PM
But remember the glory hunter Hibs fans will be out lol.

***** Thum

Billy Whizz
16-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Just been googling what happened last year.
We got 20,000 or so and then got around another 1,100 that debenture holders didn't take up. Can't guarantee that they will be there this year, as a number of them maybe Celtic supporters.
Hibs declared last year that there was unlikely to be a public sale, but I think there was??!!! plus the ballot from the Dunfermline game. I think they ring fenced 200 tickets for this ballot!
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120420/cup-final-tickets-_2262950_2742379

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120422/cup-final-tickets-update-_2262950_2744684

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120508/cup-final-ticket-sale_2262950_2764394

There were a few put on the sale the week before the game due to Hampden returns

The question is how many went on public sale?

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 12:52 PM
When you replied I hope the 2nd word you used was "off".

NO, I explained to him the moral issues surrounding his innocent request and hoped that he would understand where I was coming from................................he didn't so I then told him to **** off

1875Hibees
16-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Just been googling what happened last year.
We got 20,000 or so and then got around another 1,100 that debenture holders didn't take up. Can't guarantee that they will be there this year, as a number of them maybe Celtic supporters.
Hibs declared last year that there was unlikely to be a public sale, but I think there was??!!! plus the ballot from the Dunfermline game. I think they ring fenced 200 tickets for this ballot!
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120420/cup-final-tickets-_2262950_2742379

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120422/cup-final-tickets-update-_2262950_2744684

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120508/cup-final-ticket-sale_2262950_2764394

There were a few put on the sale the week before the game due to Hampden returns

The question is how many went on public sale?
There was a very small ballot at the Dunfermline game to give I think is was 200 non ST holders to get tickets when the tickets were already sold out at this point.

Hermit Crab
16-04-2013, 01:01 PM
NO, I explained to him the moral issues surrounding his innocent request and hoped that he would understand where I was coming from................................he didn't so I then told him to **** off

Good stuff. 😄 👍

EH54
16-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Last year I got my ticket anyway but for others I went online and found it relatively easy it took its time and server was slow but I managed to get on the website several times to get tickets at least that was my experience with it and everyone I know who needed a ticket got one.

SwanseaHibs
16-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Last time out 'Hibernians' got 1 - as they are regular contributors to the youth development - this time i would hope they get the same. Its a great way for those who love and want to contribute to club (but can't attend matches) can feel involved

This time there is no cheapy 'membership' scheme so there will be less tickets going out that way.

Lyon - just out of interest. How would you feel if you could buy a ST and use it on the few occasions you are able (and receive its additional benefits such as Cut Tickets etc) but have it used for Kick for Kids when you are not able?

* this is not currently an option but being involved with Lets Work Together I would be willing to debate this with management if there was sufficient interested parties.

I am a long-distance season ticket holder, I have renewed for next season, but I only saw 3 games this season. The proposed option of which you speak makes perfect sense and I'd get involved in that. Other than the 3 games I attended this season my season ticket has gone begging.

DH1875
16-04-2013, 03:30 PM

All I know is that last time we played them in the final it went to a ballot and I missed out. Thank duck I've no worries this time round.

Hermit Crab
16-04-2013, 03:55 PM
All I know is that last time we played them in the final it went to a ballot and I missed out. Thank duck I've no worries this time round.

I'm sure I remember it being fairly easy to get tickets last time.

DH1875
16-04-2013, 04:09 PM

Nope. NO public sale. Semi final ticket got you into a ballot. Around 1k fans missed out. I was one of them and never made the final.

on-the-level
16-04-2013, 04:26 PM

Hope something will be done to stop the 'soap doggers', who don't all

come fae Glasgay, getting Hibs end ticket online or over the phone

when the remaning ticket go on genaral sale?:bandit:

CropleyWasGod
16-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Hope something will be done to stop the 'soap doggers', who don't all

come fae Glasgay, getting Hibs end ticket online or over the phone

when the remaning ticket go on genaral sale?:bandit:

If they're not on the database, they won't get one.

DH1875
16-04-2013, 04:40 PM
All ready had 2 uncles on the phone asking for tickets and their both celtic ST holders. My brother who is a hun has also asked about coming along. On top of that my daughter who was at the semi last year but is a celtic fan also wants to come. Dont know who to give my extra ticket to :(

on-the-level
16-04-2013, 04:46 PM
All ready had 2 uncles on the phone asking for tickets and their both celtic ST holders. My brother who is a hun has also asked about coming along. On top of that my daughter who was at the semi last year but is a celtic fan also wants to come. Dont know who to give my extra ticket to :(

Give your spare ticket to Hermit crab! then he could have an empty seat on
both sides and noboday would have to listen to him moaning all day:greengrin

1two
16-04-2013, 04:46 PM
None of them

Give it to a hibby mate

Danderhall Hibs
16-04-2013, 04:48 PM

Don't take the option on it. It's not compulsory!

JimBHibees
16-04-2013, 04:50 PM

None of the above.

andy1875
16-04-2013, 04:51 PM
I've signed upto the payment plan for the East Terracing ST next season. Hoping that will get me one for the final.

FWIW I've missed two home games this season, Hearts cup game and the Dundee Utd game when Skacel played. I should have got a bloody season ticket this year. Oh and I bought a tile at Xmas as well as spending a small fortune at the shop on Hibs kids days wi the bairn.

I deserve at least 4 tickets :greengrin

Hermit Crab
16-04-2013, 04:53 PM

None of that lot anyway.

Hermit Crab
16-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Give your spare ticket to Hermit crab! then he could have an empty seat on
both sides and noboday would have to listen to him moaning all day:greengrin

Oi! I don't moan that much.

Saorsa
16-04-2013, 04:54 PM
All ready had 2 uncles on the phone asking for tickets and their both celtic ST holders. My brother who is a hun has also asked about coming along. On top of that my daughter who was at the semi last year but is a celtic fan also wants to come. Dont know who to give my extra ticket to :(how about not taking it and leaving it for a Hibs fan?

down-the-slope
16-04-2013, 05:08 PM
I am a long-distance season ticket holder, I have renewed for next season, but I only saw 3 games this season. The proposed option of which you speak makes perfect sense and I'd get involved in that. Other than the 3 games I attended this season my season ticket has gone begging.

:aok: thats 1 :greengrin any others?

EH6 Hibby
16-04-2013, 06:11 PM
how about not taking it and leaving it for a Hibs fan?

Am I the only one that thinks he was joking?

DH1875
16-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Am I the only one that thinks he was joking?

I was indeed :) If I do renew there's No chance my extra ticket is going to any of them.
It's going to my jambo aunty ;)

Reaper
16-04-2013, 06:39 PM
I was asked yesterday by a neighbour if I could get a ticket for her. I said probably not as I know plenty regulars to be sorted out if I had spares. They started ranting about how STs getting priority is pish and it should be priority points system as the 'ONLY' reasonshe didnt go every week was work. I lost the heid a bit and said Id sell her my second ticket for £405. Her retort was 'no chance, I widnae pay that tae watch that pish every week'. You couldnt make it up.

Carheenlea
16-04-2013, 06:49 PM
I was asked yesterday by a neighbour if I could get a ticket for her. I said probably not as I know plenty regulars to be sorted out if I had spares. They started ranting about how STs getting priority is pish and it should be priority points system as the 'ONLY' reasonshe didnt go every week was work. I lost the heid a bit and said Id sell her my second ticket for £405. Her retort was 'no chance, I widnae pay that tae watch that pish every week'. You couldnt make it up.

If she doesn't go every week she wouldn't be rattling up many points under any loyalty scheme, so I don't see what her beef is!

Baldy Foghorn
16-04-2013, 07:34 PM
If she doesn't go every week she wouldn't be rattling up many points under any loyalty scheme, so I don't see what her beef is!

:agree::agree::agree:

Imagine Hibernian FC having the audacity to guarantee tickets for Season Ticket holders, I mean they pay their money up front, watch week in week out, and still they are being rewarded, it's insane....:greengrin

Whilst getting to the Final is fantastic, I hate the one game wonders, who think they should get a ticket......

surreyhibbie
16-04-2013, 08:21 PM
:agree::agree::agree:

Imagine Hibernian FC having the audacity to guarantee tickets for Season Ticket holders, I mean they pay their money up front, watch week in week out, and still they are being rewarded, it's insane....:greengrin

Whilst getting to the Final is fantastic, I hate the one game wonders, who think they should get a ticket......

Yup, I agree.

I shouldn't get a ticket. No no no.

But if anyone has a spare it would be a shame to let it go to waste...:greengrin

Reaper
16-04-2013, 08:28 PM

That was my point when I started to lose it.

Hermit Crab
16-04-2013, 09:17 PM

There's just no pleasing sone people.

Lucius Apuleius
17-04-2013, 05:57 AM
There's just no pleasing sone people.

:shocked::rotflmao::LOL::tee hee:

:big grin:

Onion
17-04-2013, 07:41 AM

Brilliant story which only goes to support Hibs decision to prioritise those who ARE prepared to pay to watch that pish every week :)

hibsbollah
17-04-2013, 07:49 AM
I support the clubs stance. I would go further and actively stop anyone who hasnt renewed or paid up front for a new ST from attending the final. Season ticket holders and family only, that would sort out the uber fans from the gloryhunters :agree:

Aint no romance with no finance, as Gwen Guthrie so rightly said.

JimBHibees
17-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Brilliant story which only goes to support Hibs decision to prioritise those who ARE prepared to pay to watch that pish every week :)

:greengrin