PDA

View Full Version : Cup final display

DH1875
15-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Has to involve;

First to wear the hoops, in it some how :-)

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2013, 12:11 PM
CELTC, stealing from hibs since 1888

Leighonel
15-04-2013, 12:15 PM
I would like to contribute to the final display.

The display on saturday was brilliant, better than last year in my opinion. Hopefully the final can be even better.

Ross4356
15-04-2013, 12:18 PM
The Semi final one looked really good, well done S43 as usual

Pretty Boy
15-04-2013, 12:19 PM
A big Ireland flag covering all the sections.

Not because I want that but just because it would make half of their support explode trying to comprehend it.

15-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Can I just start off by saying a massive well done to everyone involved with the display on saturday, thought it looked absolutely fantastic. Will be more than happy to donate something towards a cup final display! Maybe you could ask the club for permission to do bucket collections again at the home games? Good way to to catch folk who don't look on here and it made a fair bit the last time. Last years cup final display with the sunshine on leith card display and the flags looked fantastic, if only the players that day put in as much effort as you guys did!

Defiantly need to have something to do with being first to wear the green :flag:

You guys are a credit to the club, keep up the good work :top marks:flag:

Boyle89
15-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Every display has been brilliant. Will be donating for the final display for sure (after payday ofcourse). Keep up the good work guys. Makes you feel proud to be a hibby when you see the displays.
I think the display should ignore the fact it's Celtic we are playing. We are hibs, who gives a **** who they are. We all know we were the original an that's good enough for me :).

Vini1875
15-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Every display has been brilliant. Will be donating for the final display for sure (after payday ofcourse). Keep up the good work guys. Makes you feel proud to be a hibby when you see the displays.
I think the display should ignore the fact it's Celtic we are playing. We are hibs, who gives a **** who they are. We all know we were the original an that's good enough for me :).

Agree with ignoring them. They will have some sort of display themselves so I would think something that was clearly Hibs like the 1875 at the semi or a huge Irish tri-colour with HFC across might be funny to confuse the poor souls.

PerfectlyFranck
15-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Absolutely not OP.

I think Celtc 'fans' will be anticipating this and will have a 'green success' theme in response.

I think it would be sad to waste a display that, let's be honest, is more of a dig at Celtc than a proud display of our own heritage.

Something that would need to be choreographed well (and some persuasion need for the sad chaps that refused to lift a card last year) will be needed for a good display. It will be a near-impossible task to one-up Celtc's display, in my opinion.

frazeHFC
15-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Absolutely not OP.

I think Celtc 'fans' will be anticipating this and will have a 'green success' theme in response.

I think it would be sad to waste a display that, let's be honest, is more of a dig at Celtc than a proud display of our own heritage.

Something that would need to be choreographed well (and some persuasion need for the sad chaps that refused to lift a card last year) will be needed for a good display. It will be a near-impossible task to one-up Celtc's display, in my opinion.

The first bit in bold will be they key to the second bit. We can easily match if not outdo Celtc display as we have people who are very good at organising and planning displays. It'll then be down to each and every person to take part to make it the best Hampden will have ever seen. :agree:

Alex Trager
15-04-2013, 01:27 PM
IMO it should be held up before the players are coming out and the. When they do come out everyone turns it over to reveal the Scottish cup amongst other things related to the club. Hard to coordinate but would be very very good.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Did Man Utd not do one a few years ago that was of the European Cup with Believe below it? For a semi I think and they went on to win it.

Something like that would be good but with other wording as believe is a bit yammish.

IanM
15-04-2013, 01:54 PM
I think we should mix tradition with new..

Green card with a yellow harp and the words allez allez allez oh underneath then as the teams come out we all turn the cards to and it shows a picture of neil lennon with a veiny schlong protruding from his mooth

hibs class

:idea:

GreenCastle
15-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Man Utd - Champions League Final - " Believe" - though quite yammish - they wish there were in the Champions League :greengrin

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DtQm_g_VI44/TeBMcVcTTfI/AAAAAAAAE9I/mSOlYIkXwh8/s1600/believe.jpg

I like the idea of Erin Go Bragh or a harp and maybe PERSEVERE across the whole section behind the goal ?

Cheaper option than card may be something like this - http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hS4JLP_qQcc/Tbw9B3agveI/AAAAAAAAFRU/lZgOUzTaH-0/s1600/table%2Brolls.jpg

A large banner with the "The team that wouldn't die" would look great also :agree:

It's a great chance to show to the world what a great support we have - you saw recently the Dortmund effort in the Champions League and that went viral. While we may not be on the same level as that there will be worldwide audience watching so something clever and different would be great.

Stantons Angel
15-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Some good ideas put forward here.

Id also like to say a well done to those who took the time to think and organise the display on Saturday it was so brilliantly done.

We shouldnt worry about outdoing Celtics display because thats theirs, we are HIBERNIAN FC and thats all that should motivate us!

I personally think the cup and believe is a great idea and inspirational. The team will now be looking for the display when they run out. So asking them to believe and the cup SHOULD help motivate the motivated! I hope!!!

A quick request to the club for a bucket collection would go down well with the support, go for it!

I would like to donate something for the final display and will look for the pay in details when they come up.

Well done again and keep up the good work, it IS appreciated!

Liams
15-04-2013, 04:01 PM
I would first like to say that our boys do one hell of a display! Well done!
I would want something to show celtic that we are hibernian and no way related to them however.. We all know the coverage will be about last years final and our performance so something relating to how well we bounced back (back to back finals) amd that we dont turn our back on hibs and support them regardless

Moon unit
15-04-2013, 04:05 PM
I would like to contribute to the final display.

The display on saturday was brilliant, better than last year in my opinion. Hopefully the final can be even better.

A huge blow up of the original Hibs hooped kit with the old HFC in the middle, bet that would get them seething!

Green Cabbage 7
15-04-2013, 04:14 PM
How about a big 07 just to remind the them if the greatest game in history

aunty joyce
15-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Some good ideas put forward here.

Id also like to say a well done to those who took the time to think and organise the display on Saturday it was so brilliantly done.

We shouldnt worry about outdoing Celtics display because thats theirs, we are HIBERNIAN FC and thats all that should motivate us!

I personally think the cup and believe is a great idea and inspirational. The team will now be looking for the display when they run out. So asking them to believe and the cup SHOULD help motivate the motivated! I hope!!!

A quick request to the club for a bucket collection would go down well with the support, go for it!

I would like to donate something for the final display and will look for the pay in details when they come up.

Well done again and keep up the good work, it IS appreciated!

What about using the word 'Persevere' in the display - as a link to the Leith motto and also our perseverance as a club, team and supporters.

Apologies if anyone thinks this would be derogatory - I was born in Leith, raised a Hibee and I mean it as a link to the past, a link to the home of our football club and a little subtle humour to those who would 'Get it'.

GGTTH

Hibdan12
15-04-2013, 04:43 PM
How about a big 07 just to remind the them if the greatest game in history

:agree::thumbsup::top marks

hibee19
15-04-2013, 05:24 PM
One part of our support with cards to spell out first to wear the green. Another part should spell the lesser greens with an arrow pointing towards the Celtic fans.

.Sean.
15-04-2013, 05:28 PM
How about 'Stop pretending you're Irish ya bunch of fannies, it's embarassing' :agree:

PerfectlyFranck
15-04-2013, 05:30 PM
How about something for our own team! :brickwall

I'm sure the Sect43 lads will do themselves proud in what they decide to go with.

18Craig75
15-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Keep the faith

Sect43
15-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Announcement will be released tonight about this.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2013, 05:48 PM
How about we don't bother and just sing and watch the game, who gives a **** about a display anyway!

Pretty Boy
15-04-2013, 05:50 PM
How about we don't bother and just sing and watch the game, who gives a **** about a display anyway!

Carnage!!

PerfectlyFranck
15-04-2013, 05:59 PM

The players?

What a boost it must be to walk out and see how much effort your fans have put into the game themselves right before you kick-off.

The players have said it numerous times this season that the support has been invaluable, fantastic, pushed them on, etc.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2013, 06:02 PM
The players?

What a boost it must be to walk out and see how much effort your fans have put into the game themselves right before you kick-off.

The players have said it numerous times this season that the support has been invaluable, fantastic, pushed them on, etc.

Bollox, the players would get just as much encouragement from a full house of Hibs supporters in full song urging them on. Was there another display that I missed at the beginning of the second half or after each goal?

PerfectlyFranck
15-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Bollox, the players would get just as much encouragement from a full house of Hibs supporters in full song urging them on. Was there another display that I missed at the beginning of the second half or after each goal?

You must know the players well then to be certain enough to label my post as bollocks.

I can imagine you being one of the chaps that told me to '**** off' when I asked them to join in the display last May.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2013, 06:09 PM
You must know the players well then to be certain enough to label my post as bollocks.

I can imagine you being one of the chaps that told me to '**** off' when I asked them to join in the display last May.

No if you asked me to join in I would have done, I certainly wouldn't tell a fellow Hibs supporter to **** off for asking such a question regardless of their posts on here. :greengrin

Eyrie
15-04-2013, 06:12 PM
If you want to piss off the Septic fans, make the display a pic of a bar of soap. Other than that, keep it pro-Hibs and ignore them.

007 Mickey Weir
15-04-2013, 06:20 PM
I have to agree with the pro Hibs display. 'First to wear the Green' might work. But prefer we just stick with celebrating us rather than trying to annoy them.

Carheenlea
15-04-2013, 06:27 PM
A simple "WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC" stretching over a few sections would look stunning. Forget any point scoring with Celtic

green viper
15-04-2013, 06:37 PM
what about HIBS SINCE 1875 CELTIC COPYCATS SINCE 1888 ha ha

green viper
15-04-2013, 06:41 PM
its a pity we couldnt get everyone in the different areas to wear the same colour to end up like a massive hibs flag remember rangers fans all wore orange in a cup final before

Speedy
15-04-2013, 06:44 PM
How about "**** off Samaras!" followed by the chant from the game at Easter Road earlier in the season :greengrin

PerfectlyFranck
15-04-2013, 06:45 PM
A simple "WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC" stretching over a few sections would look stunning. Forget any point scoring with Celtic

:agree:

what about HIBS SINCE 1875 CELTIC COPYCATS SINCE 1888 ha ha

:yawn2:

bigwheel
15-04-2013, 07:02 PM
I have to agree with the pro Hibs display. 'First to wear the Green' might work. But prefer we just stick with celebrating us rather than trying to annoy them.

Agree with this...thats the one for me..... all around our end ...will be spectacular :)

lord bunberry
15-04-2013, 07:09 PM
I dont understand why everyone seems to want to piss the celtic fans off so much, what have they done to us that makes so many people annoyed. We should be concentraiting on a positive message to inspire the team

RoYO!
15-04-2013, 07:16 PM
I would first like to say that our boys do one hell of a display! Well done!
I would want something to show celtic that we are hibernian and no way related to them however.. We all know the coverage will be about last years final and our performance so something relating to how well we bounced back (back to back finals) amd that we dont turn our back on hibs and support them regardless

"Ma tears are dryin!" ? After all, they think we're all still moping about the last CF. the songs about hope and taking inspiration.

pacorosssco
15-04-2013, 07:17 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/9851230a9cdbb24f395489a10090dd71/tumblr_ml8bxnRLuV1qlxwjno1_1280.jpg

still on the hunt for scottish cup. were addicted to you

http://stefanschipper.nl/wp-content/uploads/sfeer-fct.jpg

yeezus.
15-04-2013, 07:19 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/9851230a9cdbb24f395489a10090dd71/tumblr_ml8bxnRLuV1qlxwjno1_1280.jpg

Absolutely amazing. I recorded that game against Malaga to watch it back.

vercol36
15-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Thank goodness the Sect43 boys have their heads screwed on, they always come up with something effective and Hibs-related. Some of the Celtic-orientated idea on this thread are cringe-inducing. What have they got to do with us trying to finally win the cup? If we were playing against Dundee United, would we have a banner saying 'First to have the word Hibernian in our club's name'?

pontius pilate
15-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Our tears have dried now. In reference to That game in may that supposedly killed us

nonshinyfinish
15-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Like the idea of something involving 'Persevere'.

DH1875
15-04-2013, 07:45 PM

http://stefanschipper.nl/wp-content/uploads/sfeer-fct.jpg

Dont think we'd be allowed the fireworks though :-[

sbell1875
15-04-2013, 09:48 PM
I'd like to offer my services in any way I can be it putting out cards etc.

A huge well done to all the guys involved last year and this year with all of the displays. Our support compared to Celtic's yesterday was night and day, we put them to shame.

lucky
15-04-2013, 09:56 PM
The wee flags last season was brilliant. The display on Saturday was excellent. So hopefully a mixture of the two

Alex Trager
16-04-2013, 09:47 AM
I think it should be, as i said yesterday, two sided cards if poss. So something before the players come out then when they come out,
Say the north turn their cards around revealing

'Looking for the'

Then the east has the Scottish cup made from card and not tin foil

South has
'Holy grail'

So
It would read
Looking for the - picture of SC- holy grail.

With green and white/ black everywhere else.

GlenrothesHibee
16-04-2013, 09:53 AM
I think it should be, as i said yesterday, two sided cards if poss. So something before the players come out then when they come out,
Say the north turn their cards around revealing

'Looking for the'

Then the east has the Scottish cup made from card and not tin foil

South has
'Holy grail'

So
It would read
Looking for the - picture of SC- holy grail.

With green and white/ black everywhere else.

I will be such a drunken emotional wreck even turning a bit of card around will be beyond me

Onion
16-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Thank goodness the Sect43 boys have their heads screwed on, they always come up with something effective and Hibs-related. Some of the Celtic-orientated idea on this thread are cringe-inducing. What have they got to do with us trying to finally win the cup? If we were playing against Dundee United, would we have a banner saying 'First to have the word Hibernian in our club's name'?

Here here. Point scoring is small minded crap. We need something that inspires the team and avoids anything that reminds them of enormity of the task or history in the SC. Plain simple inspirational.

GlenrothesHibee
16-04-2013, 10:11 AM
"Become legends" Right along our half of Hampden

JimBHibees
16-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Here here. Point scoring is small minded crap. We need something that inspires the team and avoids anything that reminds them of enormity of the task or history in the SC. Plain simple inspirational.

Completely agree should be about Hibs no-one else.

Kato
16-04-2013, 10:24 AM

That's cool. All the "Holy Grail" stuff "Legends" etc is putting a bit pressure on our players that they don't need. The "get it up Celtic" stuff isn't supporting Hibs.

"WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC", says it all.

Alex Trager
16-04-2013, 10:56 AM
That's cool. All the "Holy Grail" stuff "Legends" etc is putting a bit pressure on our players that they don't need. The "get it up Celtic" stuff isn't supporting Hibs.

"WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC", says it all.

I feel the last 111 years has put the pressure on the players haha. And after all we are searching for the holy grail

Ross4356
16-04-2013, 11:05 AM
We are Hibernian fc would look great, I personally would prefer a full card display instead of the flags like last year, but no matter what you do I’m sure it will be great as always

cleanyman
16-04-2013, 11:11 AM
I like the become legends suggestion.

The displays have been absolutely fantastic and i'm really looking forward to it. I live in Glasgow so would be happy to help out with the cards etc.

mmmmhibby
16-04-2013, 11:36 AM
how do I donate money for section 43 final display?

Winston Ingram
16-04-2013, 12:20 PM
As long as it doesn't have 'first to wear the green'.

Any planned displays would need to merit more than a 'big deal' response:agree:

GreenCastle
16-04-2013, 12:38 PM
A good video of the making of that epic Dortmund Tifo in the Champions League

http://www.thickaccent.com/2013/04/13/watch-the-making-of-borussia-dortmunds-tifo-choreography-vs-malaga/

:top marks