PDA

View Full Version : mcgivern

chrisski33
15-04-2013, 09:42 AM
"Defender Ryan McGivern is certain Hibs' name is on the Scottish Cup trophy this year, which would end the Leith club's 111-year wait to win it. (Various)"

As quoted from bbc. Please can the players not say such things! Personnally think this jinxs us grrrr

SmashinGlass
15-04-2013, 09:46 AM
"Defender Ryan McGivern is certain Hibs' name is on the Scottish Cup trophy this year, which would end the Leith club's 111-year wait to win it. (Various)"

As quoted from bbc. Please can the players not say such things! Personnally think this jinxs us grrrr

Would rather they had belief than to skirt the question to be honest

Lucius Apuleius
15-04-2013, 09:48 AM
What do you think they should say when questioned?

iwasthere1972
15-04-2013, 09:49 AM

Well that's us doomed then. The reply to such questions should always be "No comment - next question"

CropleyWasGod
15-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Given that we won it in 1902, is it not correct to say that our name IS on the Cup?

Pretty Boy
15-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Must admit i've thought the same thing myself a few times since Saturday.

Deflected goal v Hearts in the 1st round.

Deegan wonder goal and about 5 class saves from Williams v Aberdeen.

Bell and Sissoko having absolute shockers for Killie.

Then Saturday.

It's like we are getting 111 years of luck and good fortune in one go.

Of course it doesn't work like that but it feels like it.

SaulGoodman
15-04-2013, 10:03 AM
If Mcgivern in particular plays like he played tht second half, I'll be very happy..

Some of those passes he played were sensational!

Treadstone
15-04-2013, 10:17 AM
If Mcgivern in particular plays like he played tht second half, I'll be very happy..

Some of those passes he played were sensational!

He has been 'phoning' it in for months. Although whole back four were especially culpable on Saturday.

MacBean
15-04-2013, 10:44 AM
He was in Why Not on Saturday and was hoping We'd get Celtic as "He'd never have to buy a pint in Belfast ever again, WHEN we win it":cb

Aldo
15-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Attack as a team defend as a team.

GraniteCityHibs
15-04-2013, 10:52 AM
I would rather Mr McGivern concentrated on improving his performances as a left back before the final.

He was brutal on Saturday.

Ryan91
15-04-2013, 11:13 AM
I would rather Mr McGivern concentrated on improving his performances as a left back before the final.

He was brutal on Saturday.

Thought he played much better in the second half, and his pass to Harris that led to the second was a thing of beauty.

Sir David Gray
15-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Yep would much rather hear our players saying that we have no chance of beating Celtic in the final and we would be as well handing them the trophy now. :aok:

Gatecrasher
15-04-2013, 11:17 AM
since we haven't won it in 111 years I'm sure the players can say what they like without jinxing us lol

GraniteCityHibs
15-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Thought he played much better in the second half, and his pass to Harris that led to the second was a thing of beauty.

Aye, he did much better once Cairney got out of his road to be fair. His pass was great but Harris' movement was tremendous!

I just don't see McGivern as a left back at all. Not pacey enough.

Andy74
15-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Aye, he did much better once Cairney got out of his road to be fair. His pass was great but Harris' movement was tremendous!

I just don't see McGivern as a left back at all. Not pacey enough.

What do you see him as seeing as he has played his entire career as a left back?

15-04-2013, 11:45 AM
I want the players going in with confidence and belief rather than a "awck well lets just make sure its not a hammering" attitude and their heads down. Although I don't want us to get over cocky and set ourselves up for a fall, we need to go in with a positive attitude.

Come on Ryan, make yourself an imortal hibs legend son!

:pfgwa

JohnStephens91
15-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Ryan McGivern isn't a jinx. This Pokemon is though:
http://davidhealy1.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/jynx_large_answer_3_xlarge1.gif

Alex Trager
15-04-2013, 12:06 PM
After last season I'm sick of saying we'll jinx it. It's nonesense. Anyone who hasn't seen hibs win at Hampden etc etc utter balls. Some part of me believed it last season, this season no.

Since we've put hearts out I've felt nothing but confidence. Mostly due in part to the performances in the cup. Not saying they've been good, but they've fought and fought for the games they've won. Defended one goal leads twice and took our chances well against killi. Up until half time on Saturday I've felt nothing but confidence. And as soon as it went 1-3 It was back. I said at that point we will win this game, they won't score again and most of all the cup is coming to leith. Say what you want about that, it's how I feel.

Last may has helped us so much I feel. There is so much desire for it. And I genuinely believe it's won.

'Not been supporting hibs long enough etc etc' I'm sure will come my way. It's just how I feel. I've seen very committed performances in the cup this season. First half on sat being the exception. Obviously you can say look at the second half, the desire commitment etc was all there.

Dinkydoo
15-04-2013, 12:15 PM
The players need to have belief in themselves.

The Falkirk players certainly had that in the first half but when we started to get back into the game you could see a distinct change in thier mentality, they weren't playing like winners anymore.

15-04-2013, 12:15 PM
After last season I'm sick of saying we'll jinx it. It's nonesense. Anyone who hasn't seen hibs win at Hampden etc etc utter balls. Some part of me believed it last season, this season no.

Since we've put hearts out I've felt nothing but confidence. Mostly due in part to the performances in the cup. Not saying they've been good, but they've fought and fought for the games they've won. Defended one goal leads twice and took our chances well against killi. Up until half time on Saturday I've felt nothing but confidence. And as soon as it went 1-3 It was back. I said at that point we will win this game, they won't score again and most of all the cup is coming to leith. Say what you want about that, it's how I feel.

Last may has helped us so much I feel. There is so much desire for it. And I genuinely believe it's won.

'Not been supporting hibs long enough etc etc' I'm sure will come my way. It's just how I feel. I've seen very committed performances in the cup this season. First half on sat being the exception. Obviously you can say look at the second half, the desire commitment etc was all there.

Agreed, last May hurt but its because of that hurt that i feel it has made the players far more eager to come back and do it right!

Thecat23
15-04-2013, 12:20 PM
The way I see it is, How many years do we keep saying "Don't mention the Scottish Cup". Yet every year we have been punted out. How about we change it this year and actually start saying it because believe me we have every chance. So yeah for me Hibs WILL WIN THE SCOTTISH CUP!

Big Frank
15-04-2013, 12:21 PM

:top marks

The players need to have belief in themselves.

The Falkirk players certainly had that in the first half but when we started to get back into the game you could see a distinct change in thier mentality, they weren't playing like winners anymore.

:agree:

JeMeSouviens
15-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Given that we won it in 1902, is it not correct to say that our name IS on the Cup?

It's on for 1887. The last year on the actual cup itself is 1892. :wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-04-2013, 12:25 PM

Nicki Minaj, is that you?

SunshineOnLeith
15-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Actual quotes from Ryan McGivern:

“When you look at the three games we won to get to Hampden for the semi-final and then the way we have recovered from 3-0 down to win that, you think it can be our year.

“Of course, we know we’ll need to perform better for a full 90 minutes in the Final, but maybe we can do that and get some silverware. At this stage of the competition, it’s about being in the final and giving yourself that chance. We’ve done that now.”

Hardly the over-confidence that the tabloids' sub-editors seem to be suggesting with their headlines.

Boyle89
15-04-2013, 12:30 PM

Hahaha, almost choked on my lunch!

Prof. Shaggy
15-04-2013, 12:30 PM

Nah, it looks like Hertz new head coach to me.

JohnStephens91
15-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Nah, it looks like Hertz new head coach to me.

Nah this is Gary Locke:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120904005143/jadensadventures/images/8/83/Jan1h.gif

Greentinted
15-04-2013, 12:43 PM
I think you'll find this is bears much more of a resemblance to Captain Yam

Pretty Boy
15-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Nah this is Gary Locke:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120904005143/jadensadventures/images/8/83/Jan1h.gif

Nah Gary Locke is seen at his finest in this video.

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F

iwasthere1972
15-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Now we've got Jackie Mac senior saying on SSN that our name is on the cup.

Wish they would just keep quiet.

hibee_nation
15-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Now we've got Jackie Mac senior saying on SSN that our name is on the cup.

Wish they would just keep quiet.

.There is nothing anyone says between now and the final gonna make a blind bit of difference.

THE CUPS AS GOOD AS OURS GGTTH

pontius pilate
15-04-2013, 07:20 PM
I for one fully believe that this is our year after that game on Saturday anything is possible. Completely buzzing for the final 5 games of the season as well. Following hibs is never easy and I vented my fury on Saturday at half time but the team will always get my support.

down-the-slope
16-04-2013, 06:05 AM
I for one fully believe that this is our year after that game on Saturday anything is possible. Completely buzzing for the final 5 games of the season as well. Following hibs is never easy and I vented my fury on Saturday at half time but the team will always get my support.

Except when -0-3 down at HT :wink:

pontius pilate
16-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Except when -0-3 down at HT :wink:

I vented my fury and asked the question if PF the Board and the players I wanted to know how it could've happened and what they would do to get us back in the game. I also wanted to know what their vision was for OUR club. They proved me wrong and came out in the second half and proved many of us wrong. I still gave them my support I've learnt through the years of following our club that you always take the good with the bad.