PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fan in sickening refusal to Hampden Park

1875HFC
15-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Shocked to see this story in the paper today. Does not surprise me considering I had a 5 minute argument with one G4S security 'boy' who insisted my seat was at the other end of the stand until i pointed to him that the sign above his head indicated I was infact in the correct location for section F7...he had pink hair...

Anyway I hope this guy gets a big apology for not being allowed in

SmashinGlass
15-04-2013, 08:49 AM
Shocked to see this story in the paper today. Does not surprise me considering I had a 5 minute argument with one G4S security 'boy' who insisted my seat was at the other end of the stand until i pointed to him that the sign above his head indicated I was infact in the correct location for section F7...he had pink hair...

Anyway I hope this guy gets a big apology for not being allowed in

I know the guy's daughter. Absolutely disgusting treatment from what she's said. They deserve a hospitality day at the final and nothing less, as well as a full and formal apology

marinello59
15-04-2013, 08:51 AM
What happened?

Steve-O
15-04-2013, 08:52 AM
What about the fact they had been drinking and turned up 30 minutes after kick off? I too thought it sounded harsh until I read that bit which perhaps casts a bit of doubt on the story? :confused:

danhibees1875
15-04-2013, 08:58 AM
What about the fact they had been drinking and turned up 30 minutes after kick off? I too thought it sounded harsh until I read that bit which perhaps casts a bit of doubt on the story? :confused:

Maybe he only likes to see Hibs score and not concede? :dunno:

1875HFC
15-04-2013, 09:06 AM

considering there were a large majority of people smelling like a brewery around me at the match, I would say his illness 100% played a factor regardless of alcohol. I agree with above, paying good money to see your team only to be rejected is terrible and deserves final hospitality.

p.s. he can only be commended for missing the first 30 minutes IMO

Steve-O
15-04-2013, 09:12 AM
considering there were a large majority of people smelling like a brewery around me at the match, I would say his illness 100% played a factor regardless of alcohol. I agree with above, paying good money to see your team only to be rejected is terrible and deserves final hospitality.

p.s. he can only be commended for missing the first 30 minutes IMO

Just saying it seems strange to be 30 minutes late for a semi final and yet he and his mate still had time to go to the pub beforehand? And if he smelt of drink and was slurring or whatever the symptoms are, you're more than likely to think the person is drunk are you not? It is harsh for the guy, however I think it is a bit harsh on a steward who is presumably no expert on the symptoms of Huntington's Disease!

SmashinGlass
15-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Just saying it seems strange to be 30 minutes late for a semi final and yet he and his mate still had time to go to the pub beforehand? And if he smelt of drink and was slurring or whatever the symptoms are, you're more than likely to think the person is drunk are you not? It is harsh for the guy, however I think it is a bit harsh on a steward who is presumably no expert on the symptoms of Huntington's Disease!

Totally respect your opinion here but from what I've been told (from the horses mouth no less) is that there was a crowd of them with everyone relatively sober. That's not to say they hadn't been for a pnt as that would be a downright lie, but it would seem strange that only one person showed signs of drunken-ness within a larger group. That would raise questions to me. I think the unfortunate thing here for these guys is that the stewards were well within their rights to ask for proof, although how you prove a mental and neurological illness is a tough one. Personally, I am diabetic and carry a card that says so as we'll as wearing a bracelet. However, as these are freely available, that is not proof as anyone could carry a card or wear a bracelet. I think with the press coverage, they will gain some recompense and, at the very least, raise awareness of the condition, which can only be a good thing.

1875HFC
15-04-2013, 09:42 AM

Again totally understand where you are coming from in terms of geenral assumptions on the stewards part but I am sure the Guy will have put forward a strong case trying to prove he has this disease as his mates will have backed him up aswell. But in face of all of that they refuse him entry. He doesn't look like the type of person you would expect to cause trouble so discretion should have been used by the stewards IMO but a shame nonetheless.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-04-2013, 09:46 AM
What do people that you would expect to cause trouble look like?

SmashinGlass
15-04-2013, 09:49 AM

This :greengrin

Stantons Angel
15-04-2013, 09:54 AM
I know the guy's daughter. Absolutely disgusting treatment from what she's said. They deserve a hospitality day at the final and nothing less, as well as a full and formal apology

Although i have empathy with the gentleman concerned i have to point out that the grip here is not with Hibs but with the Hampden security co ordinator.

I wont go on about the ability of the G4 stewarding at football games but the choice of persons chosen does not give me any hope for my security at a game at all.

but If the party concerned were able to get to a pub prior to the game and they chose to stay and finish their drinking and to miss the kick off by 30 minutes.

i dont think its Hibs they have the gripe with?

I think it would be advisable to direct a letter of complaint to the Hampden security co ordinator as this sort of incident may have been advised to the steward's supervisor for noting.

Then you will get the stewards view of the incident and can take it from there.

I hope this helps.

SmashinGlass
15-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Although i have empathy with the gentleman concerned i have to point out that the grip here is not with Hibs but with the Hampden security co ordinator.

I wont go on about the ability of the G4 stewarding at football games but the choice of persons chosen does not give me any hope for my security at a game at all.

but If the party concerned were able to get to a pub prior to the game and they chose to stay and finish their drinking and to miss the kick off by 30 minutes.

I think it would be advisable to direct a letter of complaint to the Hampden security co ordinator as this sort of incident may have been advised to the steward's supervisor for noting.

I hope this helps.

I agree. I can see things from both sides here. The gripe is clearly with the security staff at Hampden. When I say they deserve some sort of recompense I wasn't meaning at the hands of hibs. Just to clarify :thumbsup:

danhibees1875
15-04-2013, 10:02 AM

I hope this helps.

I would imagine if a fuss was created at the time (which I assume it would have) that it will have been passed up and written in reports.

I'd also be very curious to find out more about the part of your post I highlighted. :greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
15-04-2013, 11:08 AM
saw the dude opp Asda lurching around the pavement and road. I presumed he was p****d. Maybe not so :confused:

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Guy smells of alcohol and looks pissed, the stewards have to make a decision based on that, they can't get it right all of the time. A non story IMO.

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2013, 11:22 AM

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-04-2013, 11:38 AM

I'm surprised it took you so long. It was the first thing that crossed my mind when I made my post!

hungryhibs
15-04-2013, 12:03 PM
well a was with them on the bus and in the pub before the game the man had 2 drinks and was really looking forward 2 the game but that was not meant 2 be as for being 30 mins late that is the biggest lot of crap we where 5/10 mins late no later as someone eals has said its not hibs fault its g4s but something really has 2 be done about it coz this is not on

Lang Toun Hibs
15-04-2013, 01:05 PM

Surely denying him entry at that time saved him from walking back out in disgust?! :wink:

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm surprised it took you so long. It was the first thing that crossed my mind when I made my post!

I struggled to get it on, its like the krypton factor to me using a bloody computer. :greengrin

hibbysam
15-04-2013, 02:58 PM
I can assure you all, whether two pints or not, you can tell from a mile off that he has an illness... It is nothing like drunk symptoms and there bus was 10 minutes late as they had to come from shettleston not half an hour as they are saying... Total jobsworths and also disabled discrimination... Shocking behaviour!

Stantons Angel
15-04-2013, 03:05 PM
I would imagine if a fuss was created at the time (which I assume it would have) that it will have been passed up and written in reports.

I'd also be very curious to find out more about the part of your post I highlighted. :greengrin

My reasons for feeling like i do come from personal experience with G4 Security staffing at football games.

An experience i would not even like to befall on a Jambo!!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-04-2013, 06:28 PM

I stayed to the end but i did miss out on all the fighting, so i punched myself a couple of times in the eye.

I hope you handed yourself in to the police, theres not a place in the game for such conduct! :greengrin

oconnors_strip
15-04-2013, 06:30 PM
the family have been advised on contacting hampden park ltd from the scottish disabled supporters association and the hibs disabled association

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2013, 07:29 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4887681/Hibee-Dereks-fury-over-Hampden-knockback.html

A DISABLED Hibs fan told how stewards barred him from his team’s remarkable Scottish Cup semi-final win — when they mistook his illness for being DRUNK.