PDA

View Full Version : first half analysis

Mister P
14-04-2013, 10:36 PM
ok, I stayed for the full 120+ minute....thankfully. was considering bailing at half time (don't get all high and mighty, more people did than will admit) but decided to grow a pair and hang on.
my head said its over, but my heart said Falkirk were there for the taking, just wasnt sure if 45 minutes would be long enough.

Hibs were pish in the first half fact.

the falkirks 3rd goal has pissed me off more than their other two.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DQs_w6bCZls#!

from 2:11
Cairney is caught napping, hes, actually got a bit time but just stands and allows himself to be closed down far too easily.....No.33 (no sure who that was?) allows his man to just get away, static and even when he sees him go past he still just stands their and doesnt try to make up any ground, then when Alston goes through no one attempts to get close to him, no one is gambling there might be a rebound to defend. this has all came from him being allowed to run from the midfield. utter shambles and needs sorted out. far too many mistakes all in one go!

the kids. Handling and Harris. both young lads who dont have the experience yet to be scared to mistake, for that reason they are willing to get the head down and have a go, hence a penalty and Harris's goal, what a strike.

great second half and spirited effort but lets not paper over the cracks, theres some serious problems to be sorted out there.

Happy today but anxious for the final!!

feel sorry for falkirk, any team being 3-0 up after half an hour can be excused for thinking they had it wrapped up.

Humo
14-04-2013, 10:43 PM
ok, I stayed for the full 120+ minute....thankfully. was considering bailing at half time (don't get all high and mighty, more people did than will admit) but decided to grow a pair and hang on.
my head said its over, but my heart said Falkirk were there for the taking, just wasnt sure if 45 minutes would be long enough.

Hibs were pish in the first half fact.

the falkirks 3rd goal has pissed me off more than their other two.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DQs_w6bCZls#!

from 2:11
Cairney is caught napping, hes, actually got a bit time but just stands and allows himself to be closed down far too easily.....No.33 (no sure who that was?) allows his man to just get away, static and even when he sees him go past he still just stands their and doesnt try to make up any ground, then when Alston goes through no one attempts to get close to him, no one is gambling there might be a rebound to defend. this has all came from him being allowed to run from the midfield. utter shambles and needs sorted out. far too many mistakes all in one go!

the kids. Handling and Harris. both young lads who dont have the experience yet to be scared to mistake, for that reason they are willing to get the head down and have a go, hence a penalty and Harris's goal, what a strike.

great second half and spirited effort but lets not paper over the cracks, theres some serious problems to be sorted out there.

Happy today but anxious for the final!!

feel sorry for falkirk, any team being 3-0 up after half an hour can be excused for thinking they had it wrapped up.

:top marks

And number 33 is Harris

Mister P
14-04-2013, 10:46 PM
:top marks

And number 33 is Harris

haha, fair enough. lol my ass off now. maybe that was inexperience then?

if we have youngsters who can do that, why are we going with one up front all the time. Im willing to give Fenlon the benefit of the doubt that he's maybe playing to the strngth of his squad, and that maybe he doesn't believe hes got a 2nd striker worth playing, but not too sure now.

Doyle done well when he came on but I think its right for him to move on next season.

Is Harris an out n out forward or an attacking midfieldrer?

Humo
15-04-2013, 08:41 AM
haha, fair enough. lol my ass off now. maybe that was inexperience then?

if we have youngsters who can do that, why are we going with one up front all the time. Im willing to give Fenlon the benefit of the doubt that he's maybe playing to the strngth of his squad, and that maybe he doesn't believe hes got a 2nd striker worth playing, but not too sure now.

Doyle done well when he came on but I think its right for him to move on next season.

Is Harris an out n out forward or an attacking midfieldrer?

Winger i believe but handling is a forward or he can play winger and he was smashing last Saturday