PDA

View Full Version : Hibs-Celtic half and half shirts

Jamesie
14-04-2013, 10:23 PM
Thinking back to the 2001 Final and remember hearing about a couple of guys who decided it would be a good idea to turn up at Hampden wearing half a Hibs shirt and half a Celtic shirt stitched together, and to sit in the Hibs end. They were, quite understandably, given it tight by the Hibs support and I think made a sharp exit.

Anyone else remember this, and what on earth possessed them? :confused:

God Petrie
14-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Celtic seem to think we have a "friendship" with them. I've already heard a lot of pish about hampden being covered in green white and gold bla bla bla. Embarrassing.

To any Celtic fans, your club is a disgrace and I hope we absolutely destroy you 7-0 with Neil Lennon storming out of hampden in tears with SOL ringing in his ears.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-04-2013, 10:32 PM
I was subjected to the all tims together pish from an old Celtic supporter in Alfredo's yesterday. Boring!

14-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Celtic seem to think we have a "friendship" with them. I've already heard a lot of pish about hampden being covered in green white and gold bla bla bla. Embarrassing.

To any Celtic fans, your club is a disgrace and I hope we absolutely destroy you 7-0 with Neil Lennon storming out of hampden in tears with SOL ringing in his ears.

:agree: Hate their idea that we are a mini version of them etc. I don't want hibs associated with those bigots in any way, shape or form!

.Sean.
14-04-2013, 10:36 PM
I despise them and their terrorist-sympathising supporters more than the Huns and Hearts put together and they can ram their patronising 'green, white and gold' final nonsense up their arse.

LancsHibs
15-04-2013, 07:43 AM
**** Celtic, hope we smash them on 26th May, hate them and their disgraceful fans. glory to the Hibees:pfgwa

spike220
15-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Well based on those quick survey results I dont think we will be selling them at the shop.

CraigHibee
15-04-2013, 07:54 AM
i can remember seeing a couple of folk wearing them, was it not some dodgy minister/priest that used to have a column in the evening news that started it all off?

cant mind what his name was but i can remember him having to leave his post for some reason

Cinderella
15-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Overheard a conversation between two jakies on the bus: "It's gid we got Sellick in the final, doesny matter who wins now"

What the ****?

Lucius Apuleius
15-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Walking back to the car after the '01 final I was treated to the most condescending crap ever from some Celtc supporters about how great it was that at least they wore green. Seemingly **** off was not the answered they expected.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2013, 08:14 AM
I'd encourage sect 43 to make sure any display at the final makes it clear what our feelings on Celtc are.

A big banner saying 'first to wear the green, first to wear hoops, founded for charity not business, know your history!!'

Might be a tad tough to coordinate though.

Ryan91
15-04-2013, 08:46 AM
I'd encourage sect 43 to make sure any display at the final makes it clear what our feelings on Celtc are.

A big banner saying 'first to wear the green, first to wear hoops, founded for charity not business, know your history!!'

Let's just make it clear that without us they'd be nothing, they'd have never existed. Loathsome bunch they are.

marinello59
15-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Thinking back to the 2001 Final and remember hearing about a couple of guys who decided it would be a good idea to turn up at Hampden wearing half a Hibs shirt and half a Celtic shirt stitched together, and to sit in the Hibs end. They were, quite understandably, given it tight by the Hibs support and I think made a sharp exit.

Anyone else remember this, and what on earth possessed them? :confused:

They were sitting a couple of rows in front of us. I think they were turfed out after the lesser greens first goal.

adhibs
15-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Hampden will look superb on the 26th. As for the half and half shirts, oh dear. Not surprised they neved caught on

Pat 0-7
15-04-2013, 09:21 AM
:agree: Hate their idea that we are a mini version of them etc. I don't want hibs associated with those bigots in any way, shape or form!

:top marks

JohnStephens91
15-04-2013, 12:06 PM
****my club and ****my fans. Not associated with them except at the formative years of their minging existence. They can get to **** and ram all the condescending pish up their Cameron Toll. Hope we shaft them good and proper.

Geo_1875
15-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Could we get the cards organised to read "If it Wisnae for the Hibees You'd Be Huns"?

cleanyman
15-04-2013, 12:45 PM

This.

*****. Anything less than 5-0 Hibs and I will be screaming for Paddy's sacking.

Cabbage East
15-04-2013, 12:46 PM
They are a tiresome bunch.

McSwanky
15-04-2013, 02:02 PM
ram all the condescending pish up their Cameron Toll.

:rotflmao::top marks

SkintHibby
15-04-2013, 02:33 PM
I was there in 2001 and most of you won't like to hear it but I thought the atmosphere between both sets of fans that day was tremendous.

I was in the Horseshoe bar in Central station and the one off showing of mutual despising of Rangers and Hearts was brilliant.:na na:

I've not got a lot of time for the tims but I have to admit, I don't hate them as much as Rangers or Hearts.:agree:

weonlywon6-2
15-04-2013, 02:41 PM
I despise them and their terrorist-sympathising supporters more than the Huns and Hearts put together and they can ram their patronising 'green, white and gold' final nonsense up their arse.

You cannae say that...............................they have a chip on their shoulder dont you know:greengrin

Pretty Boy
15-04-2013, 02:42 PM
I was there in 2001 and most of you won't like to hear it but I thought the atmosphere between both sets of fans that day was tremendous.

I was in the Horseshoe bar in Central station and the one off showing of mutual despising of Rangers and Hearts was brilliant.:na na:

I've not got a lot of time for the tims but I have to admit, I don't hate them as much as Rangers or Hearts.:agree:

I do seem to remember both fans enjoying a mutual 'no huns/hearts at Hampden' chant.

connerg
15-04-2013, 02:51 PM

Might be a tad tough to coordinate though.:top marks

PerfectlyFranck
15-04-2013, 03:03 PM

I'd encourage the opposite.

The first to wear green & first to wear hoops is more of a dig at Celtc than a celebration of our own heritage.

Let the players walk onto the pitch inspired by a Hibs display and not some petty 'we did it before you' nonsense.
I have no doubt that the Celtc fans would be anticipating such a display with one akin to their 'success in green' or their love of all players Hibs.
If they rise above this then I think they'll go for green and gold, the giant cross in the middle to 'celebrate' their 125th anniversary.

Pete
15-04-2013, 03:05 PM
I'd encourage the opposite.

The first to wear green & first to wear hoops is more of a dig at Celtc than a celebration of our own heritage.

Let the players walk onto the pitch inspired by a Hibs display and not some petty 'we did it before you' nonsense.
I have no doubt that the Celtc fans would be anticipating such a display with one akin to their 'success in green' or their love of all players Hibs.
If they rise above this then I think they'll go for green and gold, the giant cross in the middle to 'celebrate' their 125th anniversary.

Spot on.

Lucius Apuleius
15-04-2013, 03:27 PM

Then on that we will have to disagree. I think they are a bunch of condescendingunwashedhubcapstealingdrugdealingtwat s.

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2013, 03:35 PM

this :agree:

although i do enjoy it when they beat hertz :greengrin

Franck Stanton
15-04-2013, 04:17 PM
I must admit to supporting the sellik, -------4 times a year ---whenever they play the yam fuds. I do however do the same for St Mirren,Dundee,Aberdeen, Motherwell etc etc etc

DH1875
15-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Stand up if you hate jam tarts should be good though :)

PerfectlyFranck
15-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Stand up if you hate jam tarts should be good though :)

7-0 display, first to team to wear green & hoops display, sing 'stand up if you hate jam tarts'

:coffee: Deary me...

:yawn2:

NAE NOOKIE
15-04-2013, 05:15 PM
My main memory from 2001 was after the game watching the celtic fans leaving the ground ... you honestly would have thought they had just won a bog standard league game ... no dancing about, no beaming smiles ... nothing. Imagine if it had been us who had won, the picture would have been totally different.

Half & half Hibs / celtic shirts WTF?

One side of the sectarian coin if you ask me .......... nae time for them whatsoever.

DH1875
15-04-2013, 05:22 PM
7-0 display, first to team to wear green & hoops display, sing 'stand up if you hate jam tarts'

:coffee: Deary me...

:yawn2:

So what you saying? You no taking part?

hibee_nation
15-04-2013, 05:34 PM
I don't particularly like the mini me assertions of their fans but one thing is for sure, you will be able to mix in the pubs have a bit banter and after the game if we win most of them will pat you on the back saying if we don't win it i'm glad you did. To those that hate the Huns just as much what sort of reception do you think you would get getting off at Mount Florida if the polis would even let you near that end. At best you would get the usual verbal abuse and bile directed towards you. They have there faults but most of them are ok.

PerfectlyFranck
15-04-2013, 05:36 PM
So what you saying? You no taking part?

In singing about Hearts at a Hibs v Celtc cup final, in a love-in with their supporters?

No.

I'll be equally embarrassed and irritated if I hear such chants.
I hope we can drown them out with Hibs songs.

Let's inspire the players and sing for the team, not sing petty songs about the other side - or a side that isn't even bloody there! :grr:

DH1875
15-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Have you never sang stand up if you hate jam tarts at a game when we weren't playing the yams? Don't get this love in talk but if celtic fans want to join in and the whole stadium (except you) sang it, Id find it funny.

Eyrie
15-04-2013, 06:05 PM
My only regret when Sevco Huns were told to start life in Division Three was that Septic weren't down there with them. Until the maroon supremacist crap started I used to hate the Ugly Sisters even more than the Yams.

PerfectlyFranck
15-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Have you never sang stand up if you hate jam tarts at a game when we weren't playing the yams? Don't get this love in talk but if celtic fans want to join in and the whole stadium (except you) sang it, Id find it funny.

Nope.

adhibs
15-04-2013, 06:39 PM
I do seem to remember both fans enjoying a mutual 'no huns/hearts at Hampden' chant.

:agree: bet that wound quite a bit of the tv audience up

Sir David Gray
15-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Any Hibs fan who's not that bothered about what the score's going to be on the 26th May, because the cup's going to have green and white ribbons on it regardless, should stay away.

I hate all that nonsense.

I will be just as upset if we lose this one, as I was last year.

And any Celtic fan who's expecting to have some love in with us during the game should be having other ideas.

I despise them and their terrorist sympathisers.

And any Celtic fan who sneaks into our end because they couldn't find a ticket for their end, and ends up sitting near me, will be sorry.

Celtic FC GTF. :bye:

:giruy:

.Sean.
15-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Any Hibs fan who's not that bothered about what the score's going to be on the 26th May, because the cup's going to have green and white ribbons on it regardless, should stay away.

And any Celtic fan who's expecting to have some love in with us during the game should be having other ideas.

And any Celtic fan who sneaks into our end because they couldn't find a ticket for their end, and ends up sitting near me, will be sorry.

Telling it how it is as per :top marks

Sir David Gray
15-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Telling it how it is as per :top marks

I don't see any need to sit on the fence! :greengrin

greenlex
15-04-2013, 07:42 PM

I think "If You Know You're History" would suffice. Would probably be lost on them right enough.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2013, 07:47 PM
I think "If You Know You're History" would suffice. Would probably be lost on them right enough.

Yep.

I was being a bit tongue in cheek with the rest of it.

I'm on a massive anti Celtc crusade for the next few weeks though.

Pete
15-04-2013, 08:08 PM
I'm glad the final is against our brothers who share our roots. Not a single butchers apron will be on show...a sea of tricolors and harps will be some sight.

Will there really be a need for segregation? If there is then surely it will be hibs and Celtic fans in the east, with a corner of the west being reserved for the British and the Huns who pretend to be hibs fans....and those who don't like the Wolfe tones.

We could even call it "green day" or something.

Brizo
15-04-2013, 08:14 PM
I'm glad the final is against our brothers who share our roots. Not a single butchers apron will be on show...a sea of tricolors and harps will be some sight.

Will there really be a need for segregation? If there is then surely it will be hibs and Celtic fans in the east, with a corner of the west being reserved for the British and the Huns who pretend to be hibs fans....and those who don't like the Wolfe tones.

Sounds a splendid idea.

Who could possibly object?

PerfectlyFranck
15-04-2013, 08:17 PM

:agree:

Ever since the semi-final draw, I have been getting texts from people I didn't even know had my mobile number - they probably didn't until the draw was made. Most of these aren't even people I know well or even remotely friendly with yet they have the audacity to ask for a ticket. I've had umpteen different requests now each getting the same answer:

"At least you like watching games on the tele."

NAE NOOKIE
15-04-2013, 08:22 PM

Brilliant .... but this is small time thinking to my mind.

Why dont we play the final at Croke park. The teams could walk out through an honour guard of Leprechauns and at half time instead of the usual pipe band or fans penalty shoot out we could have a big stage like at the Superbowl and have a 15 minute revival of Riverdance ..... at the end the cup could be presented by Graham Norton.

TrinityHibs
15-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Overheard a conversation between two jakies on the bus: "It's gid we got Sellick in the final, doesny matter who wins now"

What the ****?

Its all about context my boy. You missed the next bit which was " as we are in Europe unlike the windae lickers who are just doon the skank" You can try one of those translating programmes but I think it means The Big Team are fracked

Johnny Clash
15-04-2013, 08:58 PM
There's always rivalry with our opponents regardless. The difference with Celtic is that you won't be gobbed on or knifed for wearing green.

I've generally found Celtic fans alright (despite their glory hunting arrogance) but what I don't get is Hibees who say they prefer the Paris Buns over Celtic.... I made the mistake of walking out of Ibrox underground station a few years ago before a game wearing my Hibs scarf and the level of mass hatred was unreal. Being called a Fenian has never bothered me either coz I see nothing wrong with an organisation that tried to unite Protestants and Catholics against oppression but I sure never hung around trying to explain that one to the 'Sons of William'. **** that!!

I really hope we stuff Celtic on the 26th. Hibs winning is all that matters.

joe breezy
15-04-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm getting a green and white banner that says 'thanks Celtc for reminding us of our Irish roots, you guys really are the best'

Will probably get the half and half football top and a half Hibs half Celtic ski hat too

Can't wait for the all green final with our Catholic cousins

Hibrandenburg
16-04-2013, 06:04 AM
Brilliant .... but this is small time thinking to my mind.

Why dont we play the final at Croke park. The teams could walk out through an honour guard of Leprechauns and at half time instead of the usual pipe band or fans penalty shoot out we could have a big stage like at the Superbowl and have a 15 minute revival of Riverdance ..... at the end the cup could be presented by Graham Norton.

Add to that a Whiskey drinking competition pre match and a 21 gun salute carried out by masked gunmen in honour of the winners, then I'm in.

Newry Hibs
16-04-2013, 07:49 AM
Add to that a Whiskey drinking competition pre match and a 21 gun salute carried out by masked gunmen in honour of the winners, then I'm in.

All players to carry a pig under their arm and have a large hat with a belt round it.

tartanhibee
16-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Maybe as its a Sunday we could have the pope say mass before the game and we could all sing and bless each other for being catholic brothers.

I hate Celtic terrorist sympathetic noncence who gives a **** what they do let's get right behind our team and bring the cup back to Leith.

Steve-O
16-04-2013, 09:54 AM

We should have a halftime show with The Pogues, The Proclaimers, and Green Day playing :agree:

McSwanky
16-04-2013, 10:56 AM
We should have a halftime show with The Pogues, The Proclaimers, and Green Day playing :agree:

:agree:

How about we, for one season only, rename the competition "The Irish Cup"?

Moon unit
16-04-2013, 11:06 AM
My main memory from 2001 was after the game watching the celtic fans leaving the ground ... you honestly would have thought they had just won a bog standard league game ... no dancing about, no beaming smiles ... nothing. Imagine if it had been us who had won, the picture would have been totally different.

Half & half Hibs / celtic shirts WTF?

One side of the sectarian coin if you ask me .......... nae time for them whatsoever.

My memory of 2001 final, was being stuck motionless on the bus near to Hampden after the game and lots of their village idiots banging on the windows, goading us!...but one guy sneaked off the bus at the back , casually walked round to the noisiest one ,lamped him and returned to his seat!....instant Karma!

Aldo
16-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Was near the back if the west 2001 and amidst the green and white all around was this guy in a blue Scotland top... He sat and didn't say a thing but when they scored jumped up and cheered. Strathclydes finest had already been given a heads up but chose to ignore the warning then bang the boy got a punch as did loads of others and he was then ejected for his trouble.

vercol36
16-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Just a quick word of warning to folk looking at this thread, never having been to a game against Celtic in Glasgow. Yes, most of the posters are correct: you won't get much trouble, as a lot of Celtic fans see us as 'cousins.' However, this does not apply to bars in the East End. If you walk into some of the pubs near Barrowlands with a Hibs top on, you will be launched/spat on/punched.

proud_and_green
16-04-2013, 11:32 AM

I wonder if we could get the band that played at King Paddy's testimonial, i'm sure they would be happy to come out of retirement for Green day.

Jamesie
16-04-2013, 12:36 PM
I wonder if we could get the band that played at King Paddy's testimonial, i'm sure they would be happy to come out of retirement for Green day.

Too young to remember this match but sounds like there is a story here?!

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 01:06 PM
So where can I get one of these Hibs/Celtic shirts from? I quite like the idea and it will go perfect with my matching scarf.

RoxburghHibs
16-04-2013, 01:15 PM

Yip that's exactly how I recall 2001 Final. I was in a mixed pub pre-match with no bother.

The way it should be!

Newry Hibs
16-04-2013, 02:20 PM
So where can I get one of these Hibs/Celtic shirts from? I quite like the idea and it will go perfect with my matching scarf.

I might just wear my Celtc top to the match anyway. Maybe with a Hibs hat. I'm sure everyone else will be mix and matching their footy outfits as well.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 02:51 PM
I might just wear my Celtc top to the match anyway. Maybe with a Hibs hat. I'm sure everyone else will be mix and matching their footy outfits as well.

I was wearing my Celtic scarf on Saturday and no one noticed, it was a simple mistake to make as I rushed out I often do it, even took the wrong ST to ER this season.

EH54
16-04-2013, 03:05 PM
I hate celtic just as much as I hate rangers or hearts and the fact they think we're so called cousins etc makes me hate them even more got no time for them or there fans... There fans stil signing outdated songs and are generally just ********s

DH1875
16-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Wonder if the celtic fans who were in our end last year will be in our end this year.

proud_and_green
16-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Too young to remember this match but sounds like there is a story here?!

It was a flute band complete with dark sunglasses and combat jackets!

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 10:34 PM
any hibs fan who's not that bothered about what the score's going to be on the 26th may, because the cup's going to have green and white ribbons on it regardless, should stay away.

I will be just as upset if we lose this one, as i was last year.

And any celtic fan who's expecting to have some love in with us during the game should be having other ideas.

and any celtic fan who sneaks into our end because they couldn't find a ticket for their end, and ends up sitting near me, will be sorry.

celtic fc gtf. :bye:

:lol:

yeezus.
17-04-2013, 08:48 AM

You call it terrorism, I call it resistance, let's settle this on the Holy Ground ya right wing nutter! :cb

Irishlight
20-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Sounds a splendid idea.

Who could possibly object?

Two teams with Irish roots playing in the final of Scotlands national cup competition
brings a smile to my face. Celtic and Hibs are different but making a big deal out of
the Green Day thing would do no harm

clerriehibs
20-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Two teams with Irish roots playing in the final of Scotlands national cup competition
brings a smile to my face. Celtic and Hibs are different but making a big deal out of

Eh, naw. Shut the door on your way out.

LancashireHibby
20-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Green Day? I'm hoping for a "Hibs smashing Celtc out of sight" day, personally.

Bostonhibby
20-05-2013, 07:19 PM

I think we are just talking about a Yeovil Town strip here:greengrin

http://www.ytfc.net/news/article/16052013--824559.aspx

joe breezy
20-05-2013, 07:21 PM
My wardrobe is sorted

IRA Balaclava, AK47, Hibs shorts and Celtic top....

I'm gonnae look barry

Hibercelona
20-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Can't we just show them who the better greens are by pumping them on the park?...

Malthibby
20-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Don't have any celtic stuff, can I pish ma breeks before the start of the game & fill my hip flask with buckie instead?

Bostonhibby
20-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Don't have any celtic stuff, can I pish ma breeks before the start of the game & fill my hip flask with buckie instead?

:faf: I'm going to get my front teeth knocked out and the rest painted black just to show some cameraderie.

Hibercelona
20-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Just a quick word of warning to folk looking at this thread, never having been to a game against Celtic in Glasgow. Yes, most of the posters are correct: you won't get much trouble, as a lot of Celtic fans see us as 'cousins.' However, this does not apply to bars in the East End. If you walk into some of the pubs near Barrowlands with a Hibs top on, you will be launched/spat on/punched.

My take on Celtic fans is that it doesn't matter where you meet them. If their club wins, they'll give you the whole friendly/sympathy/Irish connection chat.

If their team lose however...... they can be worse than the orcs.

HibeeHendo
20-05-2013, 07:32 PM
My wardrobe is sorted

I'm gonnae look barry

Don't for get the republican flag draped around you.

Pretty Boy
20-05-2013, 07:34 PM
My wardrobe is sorted

I'm gonnae look barry

I believe this look was first modeled at Milan fashion week as Adams chic.

green day
20-05-2013, 07:36 PM
All this chat about Green Days, just feels like a Walking Contradiction.......

Eyrie
20-05-2013, 07:37 PM

The only thing you got right is that we are different. Very different. And I look forward to that smile being wiped off your patronising face on Sunday.

Bostonhibby
20-05-2013, 07:39 PM
The only thing you got right is that we are different. Very different. And I look forward to that smile being wiped off your patronising face on Sunday.

:agree: the rangers?, celtc? 2 cheeks, same erse.

Squealing pig
20-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Whoever invented the word Barry needs shot init

Drem
20-05-2013, 07:41 PM
I hope if any poor sod turns up wearing crap like that, it is swiftly rammed up their buttocks.
Surprised nobody has come up with an "All Green Final" scarf.
Remember what happened when some Ayr United fans wanted half and half scarves for their Final against the other bigoted half.
I think they are still looking for the bodies.

Pete
20-05-2013, 07:47 PM
I hope if any poor sod turns up wearing crap like that, it is swiftly rammed up their buttocks.
Surprised nobody has come up with an "All Green Final" scarf.
Remember what happened when some Ayr United fans wanted half and half scarves for their Final against the other bigoted half.
I think they are still looking for the bodies.

I'll be wearing an "all green final" scarf. Green bars for us and white for them.

shezer
20-05-2013, 07:49 PM
I have never seen or heard of one Irish man wearing any junk like that. All the Irish Celtic fans I know have no time for Hibs or any other team. I spend most of my time taking abuse from them. I'd imagine that most of the neutrals here in Ireland are glad to see two teams with Irish roots in the final though. Understandable.

Eyrie
20-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Don't know about a half-Hibs/half-Septic shirt but John Terry will be wearing both strips so that he's suitably attired when lifting the Cup.

HKhibby
20-05-2013, 10:42 PM

spot on!, never would i want to have Hibs associated with these horrible pikey bigoted ****, they are a bunch of horrible self obsessed paranoid idiots!, i class both the old firm the same, along with the ****bos!