PDA

View Full Version : I'd still sack Fenlon tomorrow

NW
14-04-2013, 04:35 PM
He is out of his depth and has not moved us on from last season. Give a new man 5 gives to assess his squad for the final and next season and it will give us a better chance of winning.

I look forward to the abuse now

green day
14-04-2013, 04:36 PM
He is out of his depth and has not moved us on from last season. Give a new man 5 gives to assess his squad for the final and next season and it will give us a better chance of winning.

- strong enough for you?

lord bunberry
14-04-2013, 04:39 PM

Stop it

NW
14-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Dunno? What size is it?

500miles
14-04-2013, 04:40 PM

Bloviating sockdolager .

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-04-2013, 04:41 PM

Your the one out of your depth. Im right behind fenlon!

Broken Gnome

I'd give the guy who's won 8 out of 9 Scottish Cup ties a chance to win a tenth.

That's probably crazy thinking though.

nonshinyfinish

You, sir, are both a cad and a bounder.

My sincere apologies to the admin pricks, but I will not moderate my tone.

Northernhibee
14-04-2013, 04:42 PM

You're a mongooses minge :greengrin

NW
14-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Your the one out of your depth. Im right behind fenlon!

I'm glad your happy with a woeful tactician who has built a woeful team. The league table doesn't lie. Motherwell Ross county, Caley and st j all spanked us. No wonder we have gone downhill when majority accept mediocrity

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Jings crivens, help ma boab

Northernhibee
14-04-2013, 04:45 PM
I'm glad your happy with a woeful tactician who has built a woeful team. The league table doesn't lie. Motherwell Ross county, Caley and st j all spanked us. No wonder we have gone downhill when majority accept mediocrity

Congratulations, I upgrade you from a mongooses minge to a seagulls snatch :greengrin

SaulGoodman
14-04-2013, 04:46 PM

Please go away you blubbering oaf

hibsbollah
14-04-2013, 04:47 PM
I say, the OP appears to be an awful cad and a bounder, don't you know?

Edit...
Blimey, nonshinyfinish has nobbled my game 6 minutes ago :grr: nothing is new anymore, is it?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-04-2013, 04:47 PM

Aye, very good.

Onion
14-04-2013, 04:49 PM

Are you for real ? By hook or by crook, Fenlon has just managed Hibs to a second successive Cup Final. He took over a club that was on its knees 18 months ago and along with the rest of us had to suffer the indignity of last May. IMHO he has EARNED his second crack at glory on 26 May and could well become the most revered manager since Turnbull.

Gatecrasher
14-04-2013, 04:49 PM
The first half is closer to the way we have been playing than the 2nd half. Despite me losing the head at him yesterday he has earned the chance to sort things out before the final.

nonshinyfinish
14-04-2013, 04:51 PM

Edit...
Blimey, nonshinyfinish has nobbled my game 6 minutes ago :grr: nothing is new anymore, is it?

It's a classic for a reason, old chap.

CropleyWasGod
14-04-2013, 04:51 PM

That's very harsh. Can we not give him at least 7 gives?

MWHIBBIES
14-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Pathetic, luckily its not up to you.

Yes Fenlon is party to blame for our slump but certain players (McPake, Wotherspoon, Cairney, Doyle etc) have dropped in form massively, injuries(Clancy, Hanlon, Cairney) and some very bad decisions (DU away, Hearts at home) haven't helped. He has got us to another cup final and is one game away from becoming immortal as a Hibs manager.

CropleyWasGod
14-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Pathetic, luckily its not up to you.

Yes Fenlon is party to blame for our slump but certain players (McPake, Wotherspoon, Cairney, Doyle etc) have dropped in form massively, injuries(Clancy, Hanlon, Cairney) and some very bad decisions (DU away, Hearts at home) haven't helped. He has got us to another cup final and is one game away from becoming immortal as a Hibs manager.

Fenlon out, Clark Kent in.

hibsbollah
14-04-2013, 04:54 PM
The first half is closer to the way we have been playing than the 2nd half. Despite me losing the head at him yesterday he has earned the chance to sort things out before the final.

Id say the first half was uniquely terrible. Worse than the cup final, worse than the 4-0 semi, worse than two goalless draws against Aberdeen I remember, worse than the Tommy Craig games. The second half was the best 45 minutes I can remember under Fenlon. The most ridiculous 90 minutes of football ever:flying:

NW
14-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Clearly no decorators on here, nothing more than paper over cracks. The board and fans have backed him, the players haven't and he brought majority of them in.

Progress?

FranckSuzy
14-04-2013, 04:56 PM

The wise man in the East? A bit of a stupid boy in the head I would say.

hibsbollah
14-04-2013, 04:56 PM
It's a classic for a reason, old chap.

Indubitably, old bean.

Gatecrasher
14-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Id say the first half was uniquely terrible. Worse than the cup final, worse than the 4-0 semi, worse than two goalless draws against Aberdeen I remember, worse than the Tommy Craig games. The second half was the best 45 minutes I can remember under Fenlon. The most ridiculous 90 minutes of football ever:flying:

It was worse than what we have playing but the tip tap hoof tactic was all we had to offer and have played like that since December.

Alfred E Newman
14-04-2013, 04:59 PM
At half time yesterday I would have driven him to the Birkenhead ferry myself. After watching his emotional interview after the game he deserves the chance to end our cup jinx.

Hibercelona
He hasn't signed enough Irish players for my liking. On that basis, he should be sacked.

MWHIBBIES
I'm glad your happy with a woeful tactician who has built a woeful team. The league table doesn't lie. Motherwell Ross county, Caley and st j all spanked us. No wonder we have gone downhill when majority accept mediocrityWe aren't a ''woeful'' team, we are a decent team on a poor run.

I highly doubt many are accepting our poor run but they are actually capable of seeing the bigger picture and not judging the season on one part of it.

MWHIBBIES
14-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Clearly no decorators on here, nothing more than paper over cracks. The board and fans have backed him, the players haven't and he brought majority of them in.

Progress?#Hibs.netfacts

FranckSuzy
14-04-2013, 05:01 PM
I'd give the guy who's won 8 out of 9 Scottish Cup ties a chance to win a tenth.

Jolly good show my man :agree:

NW
14-04-2013, 05:04 PM
We aren't a ''woeful'' team, we are a decent team on a poor run.

I highly doubt many are accepting our poor run but they are actually capable of seeing the bigger picture and not judging the season on one part of it.

We aren't woeful!!! A pint of what your having

Up The Bracket
14-04-2013, 05:07 PM

Progress?

Aye, last season we fought relegation this year we fought for top 6 :rolleyes:

MrSmith
14-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Very quick to blame managers! Was a mistake to get rid of Mixu in my view, however, others have been a little less than useful! Although, my feelings are, that those in charge above Pat are culpable for the mess we are in! And lets be clear, it is a mess! Our jewels were sold for 12 gold coins and replaced with penny arcade picks. There appears to me to be no leadership where required, no plan other than to stay right side of the balance sheet; no performance related indicators and no real disciplinary line. Dougie Cromb would not have allowed it to get as bad as this with players and egos. Ship up or shape out or play and be rewarded! Nothing in-between!

I'm pig sick of how soft and rudderless we are as a club!

Franck Stanton
14-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Okay, now, say you get your wish, just who do you think could/would do a better job ? With a whole 5 games pre-final, no chance to add to the squad, whoever it is would have to be a real magician. When Fenlon came he inherited a CLUB that was on it's knees, no scouting system, a bunch of on-loan journeymen, who, to be honest, didn't give a flying one for the Club. Are you honestly saying you can see no progress even after the short time Fenlon has been here? Even Sir Alex, when he took over at Man U started from the bottom up and got the infrastructure in place before he built the team. Yes , Fenlon has made mistakes, quite a few, but he needs time and our support to achieve a winning team as I am sure he will, why? his previous record speaks for itself, yes it was in an arguably lower standard league - not his fault he was there, now he has the chance to prove himself and I for one think he will succeed.

So, once again I ask the question - just who do you think could do a better job ? [keep it realistic, we cant affoard Murinho]. Be really interested in your suggestions.

JimBHibees
14-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Give the boy a break, we were awful first half, he isnt stupid he knows that however he changed it and we were magnificent for the last 75 mins of the games and deserved to go through. Lets take the positives out of that and see where we are at the end of the season.

scoopyboy
14-04-2013, 05:16 PM

Would it no be the chance to win a 9th?

scoopyboy
14-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Give the boy a break, we were awful first half, he isnt stupid he knows that however he changed it and we were magnificent for the last 75 mins of the gamer and deserved to go through. Lets take the positives out of that and see where we are at the end of the season.

Hampden me old son:greengrin

NW
14-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Aye, last season we fought relegation this year we fought for top 6 :rolleyes:

What fight did we show for top 6??? Did I blink

MWHIBBIES
14-04-2013, 05:19 PM
What fight did we show for top 6??? Did I blinkYou really are a

CropleyWasGod
14-04-2013, 05:19 PM

Yup. You did, and missed the first 6 months of the season. :wink:

Up The Bracket
14-04-2013, 05:22 PM

We were still in with a shout until the last day of the season............................................ ...

NW
14-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Yup. You did, and missed the first 6 months of the season. :wink:

And we gave up! The league doesnt last until December and we should have had top 6 sewn up.

14-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Aye thats what to do, lets sack the manager weeks before a cup final and unsettle everything! I'm not a massive Fenlon fan, I think some of his tactics have been awful this season but now is not the time to be making big decisions like that and causing disruption at the club. Right now we need to be completely focused on getting everyone prepared for the final. Things like manager sackings can have a bad affect on players.

Caversham Green
14-04-2013, 05:37 PM

Who would you appoint in his place that was within our reach and gave us a better chance of winning the cup?

AndyB_70
14-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Get rid of him now. Most of our performances this season have been shocking at best. Our team is so slow at doing anything. We pass sideways and then just hump it up the park. Playing with just a single lone striker beggers belief. His signings are terrible. He is unable to change things and is tactically unaware during most games.
Yesterday we were 3-0 down after 30 minutes to a 1st division team and if they has taken their chances it would have been more. He is out of his depth.
For all you Fenlon believers you really need to get your head out of your rear end and see that we are hopeless most of the time. It's just not about the cup run. We should be in the top 6. FFS we are only 3 points ahead of Hearts and with it current form there is a chance they will catch us. It's just not good enough.

greenlex
14-04-2013, 05:40 PM
This woeful tactician has won numerous league titles and cups with two different clubs. The woeful team as you put it is as much a product of our budget/and or scouting system as anything. It takes time to build something not a little over a year.

Kaiser1962
14-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Hampden me old son:greengrin

again.......:greengrin

Stringer
14-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Fenlon out. Who would you sign up thou?

IMO anything less than SAF is unacceptable.

Caversham Green
14-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Get rid of him now. Most of our performances this season have been shocking at best. Our team is so slow at doing anything. We pass sideways and then just hump it up the park. Playing with just a single lone striker beggers belief. His signings are terrible. He is unable to change things and is tactically unaware during most games.
Yesterday we were 3-0 down after 30 minutes to a 1st division team and if they has taken their chances it would have been more. He is out of his depth.
For all you Fenlon believers you really need to get your head out of your rear end and see that we are hopeless most of the time. It's just not about the cup run. We should be in the top 6. FFS we are only 3 points ahead of Hearts and with it current form there is a chance they will catch us. It's just not good enough.

We're in the cup final, we have five meaningless games before it, so I'll ask you as well:

[INDENT]

Who would you appoint in his place that was within our reach and gave us a better chance of winning the cup?

hibee_nation
14-04-2013, 05:59 PM
With the amount of seethe on here you would think that some posters were of the pink variety. In Paddy we trust. :pfgwa

Nakedmanoncrack
14-04-2013, 06:09 PM

:agree:

That there are people who are satisfied with Fenlon says it all about how standards have dropped, seems we are an established bottom six club now, unable to compete with the might of Ross County, Inverness, St Johnstone etc. All the talk of time to build a team..I despair, nobody gets years to build teams, you need to put together a new team nearly every season, others have done it yet its too much for us to expect the same. The manager, chair & board should be under intense pressure after another season of league failure, instead people are falling over themselves to make excuses. I want to see the back of Fenlon as soon as possible, but realistically he'll get the final.

JimBHibees
14-04-2013, 06:14 PM

That there are people who are satisfied with Fenlon says it all about how standards have dropped, seems we are an established bottom six club now, unable to compete with the might of Ross County, Inverness, St Johnstone etc. All the talk of time to build a team..I despair, nobody gets years to build teams, you need to put together a new team nearly every season, others have done it yet its too much for us to expect the same. The manager, chair & board should be under intense pressure after another season of league failure, instead people are falling over themselves to make excuses. I want to see the back of Fenlon as soon as possible, but realistically he'll get the final.

So getting to two consecutive Scottish cup finals is no achievement at all. We have been poor for a while however a couple of correct decisions and we would have been in top 6.

SaulGoodman
14-04-2013, 06:27 PM

We've been horrible for the best part of 4 years now. If not longer.

But whatever floats your boat, lets get rid of yet another manager so we can have another great rebuilding season with no success while other clubs laugh at us.

I think it's people like you that probably boo our own players and shout for managers to be sacked as soon as we hit a poor run of form that are running this club to the ground imo

AndyB_70
14-04-2013, 06:40 PM

But whatever floats your boat, lets get rid of yet another manager so we can have another great rebuilding season with no success while other clubs laugh at us.

I think it's people like you that probably boo our own players and shout for managers to be sacked as soon as we hit a poor run of form that are running this club to the ground imo

Run into a poor but if form!!!! Are you having a laugh? We have been woeful for most of this season. We rely on one player to dig us out of holes time after time. He probably won't be here next season. Will we get another inept player to add to the long list of inept players that he has brought to our club?

Up The Bracket
14-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Run into a poor but if form!!!! Are you having a laugh? We have been woeful for most of this season. We rely on one player to dig us out of holes time after time. He probably won't be here next season. Will we get another inept player to add to the long list of inept players that he has brought to our club?

We had this same player last season though and we finished 11th. Does it not occur to you that good players improve when they play with good players?

SaulGoodman
14-04-2013, 06:54 PM

We were that bad that we actually got to first place on merit the first half of the season..

For calling yourself a Hibs fan you're not really doing a good job supporting them.

StarMan10
14-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Seems some think Rome was built in a day. When he took over Fenlon had a mammoth of job to turn the club around. I think we've undoubtedly improved to an extent this season just not as much as we'd all hoped after an extremely promising start. Since the turn of the year we have been poor but in my opinion we are decent side playing poorly not a poor side who were punching above their wait at the start. I strongly believe that with a few more additions to the playing staff and hopefully the retention of the loanee's (bar Done) we will be challenging for European places next season.

Onwards and Upwards:pfgwa

Nakedmanoncrack
14-04-2013, 06:59 PM

If you want to start throwing insults about good luck, I know as much about you as you know about me so I won't lower myself to that level.

Next season will be another rebuilding effort regardless of who is the manager, as it will be for many other teams who probably won't be making the same feeble excuses we see on here.

Mikey
14-04-2013, 07:06 PM
He's not going to be sacked before the final so the options are.....

Give him the chance to win the cup for the first time since 1902

or

Criticise his every move right up until kick off on 26th May

CropleyWasGod
14-04-2013, 07:08 PM

or

I'll start.

Have you seen his trackie bottoms? Not Hibs class.

SaulGoodman
14-04-2013, 07:08 PM
If you want to start throwing insults about good luck, I know as much about you as you know about me so I won't lower myself to that level.

Next season will be another rebuilding effort regardless of who is the manager, as it will be for many other teams who probably won't be making the same feeble excuses we see on here.

I didn't throw any insults at you.

Next season won't be as much of a rebuild if we keep the same manager.

hibsbollah
14-04-2013, 07:09 PM

or

...or subject him to an 'unpleasant parcel' campaign. Park in his drive. Or bother him with nuisance calls in the middle of the night :agree:

Nuitdelune
14-04-2013, 07:10 PM
I'll start.

Have you seen his trackie bottoms? Not Hibs class.

And you'd think he could afford better specs

Phil D. Rolls
14-04-2013, 07:20 PM
I think the OP is nothing more than a glass of water, and I feel I should let the douche trolley know.

chrisski33
14-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Laughable thread!

AndyB_70
14-04-2013, 07:31 PM
We had this same player last season though and we finished 11th. Does it not occur to you that good players improve when they play with good players?

Yes I do realise that but what are we going to do with 11 goalkeepers?
Leigh has been here for a few seasons now so when are these players going to get better and who is Leigh going to emulate? The league doesn't lie. We are only 4 points from being 11th, 3 points ahead of a honking Hearts team and a massive 14 behind Motherwell. I don't call that progress in a league that is missing the huns. The players that he has brought in don't exactly inspire confidence for the future.

Brightside
14-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Yes I do realise that but what are we going to do with 11 goalkeepers?
Leigh has been here for a few seasons now so when are these players going to get better and who is Leigh going to emulate? The league doesn't lie. We are only 4 points from being 11th, 3 points ahead of a honking Hearts team and a massive 14 behind Motherwell. I don't call that progress in a league that is missing the huns. The players that he has brought in don't exactly inspire confidence for the future.

He#s brought in what he can afford...which isnt much. The other teams appear to have better youngsters coming through (in general)...i dont think Fenlon can be blamed for the current youth set up. We have the facilities and we need to start seeing these players coming through. Another half dozen Boozies would be nice!

NW
14-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Seems some think Rome was built in a day. When he took over Fenlon had a mammoth of job to turn the club around. I think we've undoubtedly improved to an extent this season just not as much as we'd all hoped after an extremely promising start. Since the turn of the year we have been poor but in my opinion we are decent side playing poorly not a poor side who were punching above their wait at the start. I strongly believe that with a few more additions to the playing staff and hopefully the retention of the loanee's (bar Done) we will be challenging for European places next season.

Onwards and Upwards:pfgwa

Another massive rebuild needed. We have no experienced strikers, our best midfielder and plenty others are out of contract. We leak goals in abundance. We are always rebuilding and with a budget bigger then most above us

NW
14-04-2013, 08:05 PM
[INDENT]

I am working on it. Somebody young and with passion to go with ability. Other teams seem to find them just our board not very capable

Broken Gnome
14-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Would it no be the chance to win a 9th?

Aye. Nonsense suggestion leads to a well-meaning but nonsense defence :greengrin

DH1875
14-04-2013, 08:45 PM
I'm far from his biggest fan and Id have shot him myself at HT but he did turn it around so I'll give him till the end of the season and take it from there. Will be interesting to see how he sets up the team in the next week or two.

sbell1875
14-04-2013, 09:04 PM

Deary me. There's just no pleasing some people is there?

hibbydog
14-04-2013, 09:09 PM
I am working on it. Somebody young and with passion to go with ability. Other teams seem to find them just our board not very capable

This is the problem I have with the argument for sacking the manager. It's easy to make big long negative rants listing endless problems that the manager either inherited or created. But none of the Fenlon hecklers have been able to come up with any positive, realistic suggestions as to who we could replace him with?

Probably because there aren't any.

Hibs are walking talking proof that changing managers makes things worse, not better. Don't believe me? Just look at our slump in the last 5 or so years.

Wee pat is not the greatest manager we could have, and whilst his tactics and decisions aren't great, he's shown a real bit of character turning things round yesterday.

We're 90 minutes away from winning the Scottish cup. So please....

BACK THE MANAGER. BACK THE TEAM!!!

Eyrie
14-04-2013, 09:49 PM
...or subject him to an 'unpleasant parcel' campaign.

Just don't send him any more books :wink:

Borderhibbie76
14-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Did we get beat yesterday??? Think some "fans" forget we have a cup final in 6 weeks time!!! Get a grip FFS....havent u all learned that constantly sacking managers doesnt work!! Like him or not, we need to stick by pf till at least midway thru next season!! I wonder what these fenlon hecklers will say ur we actually win the cup in 6 weeks time???

hibsbollah
14-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Just don't send him any more books :wink:

You think? I just want to contribute something :greengrin

SunshineOnLeith
14-04-2013, 10:39 PM

http://www.thisblogrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Attention-Seeker.jpg

Lucius Apuleius
15-04-2013, 07:09 AM

John 11:35

Edit...

Ecclesiates 1:9

:greengrin

Phil MaGlass
15-04-2013, 07:33 AM
ITīS A CUNUNDRUM, sack him, keep him, ah just dont know, although I am starting to fall into the sack him side,at the beginning of the season ah thought this guys doing alright, top of the league, keep it going and european fitba, who knows, then we go on a long dismal run of defeats tae St.J, Killie Dun,f,ndee etc,etc..... manager has looked clueless for the second half of the season, unable to make good or even half decent changes, 1 up front WTF.
Saturdays 1st half performance should have made even the most supportive of Fenlon sit up and wonder WTF is going on.
He has now taken us to 2 SC finals in consecutive years, this time knocking out SPL opponents on the way, I would not sack him at this moment,definitely not before a Scottish Cup Final, I do believe he should be given atleast the first 5-8 games of the new season before making any decision, he has to hit the ground running.
He inheritted a shambles of a club, it takes time to turn it around hopefully for him he can manage it and quickly.

MB62
15-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Deary me. There's just no pleasing some people is there?

That's just what Jesus said :wink: :greengrin

To the debate, I have been one of those yet to be convinced by P.F. I think the man is tactically inept and the changes he made on Saturday were down to desperation, fortunately for him and us, they worked.
For those saying changing managers doesn't work, examples to possibly prove that theory wrong are Falkirk themselves, Dundee Utd and Sunderland.

I think it would be wrong to sack P.F. now, the last 5 games and cup final will be a chance for him to prove his worth. I personally feel he has until Christmas (or the next AGM :greengrin) to show he is up to the task but for me, the jury is well and truly out on whether he is the right man for the job.

Onion
15-04-2013, 08:24 AM
That's just what Jesus said :wink: :greengrin

To the debate, I have been one of those yet to be convinced by P.F. I think the man is tactically inept and the changes he made on Saturday were down to desperation, fortunately for him and us, they worked.
For those saying changing managers doesn't work, examples to possibly prove that theory wrong are Falkirk themselves, Dundee Utd and Sunderland.

I think it would be wrong to sack P.F. now, the last 5 games and cup final will be a chance for him to prove his worth. I personally feel he has until Christmas (or the next AGM :greengrin) to show he is up to the task but for me, the jury is well and truly out on whether he is the right man for the job.

And if he manages Hibs to their first SC Win in 111 years, do you really think Hibs will sack him within 6 months ? More likely to put a statue outside the West Stand - and give him an open chequebook - and rightly so.

EuanH78
15-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Hibs was, and still is a rebuilding job. Chopping and changing managers all the time is part of the reason for this. We aren't in any danger and have a Scottish Cup Final to look forward to...again so lets just roll with it and support the team/ club as best we can.

Someone earlier mention Alex Ferguson - was it 4 years till Man Utd. won anything under him?

But staying with the Man U theme (not a fan btw) If you were a neutral watching a game between say Man U and fk it, anyone and they were 3 - 0 down at half time then went on to win the game 3 - 4 what would you be saying about it?

To come back and win that game on Saturday showed tremendous bottle and belief, especially considering last years final would be playing on the minds of quite a few, maybe some demons exorcised a little there as well.

Many positives from the weekend, I really cant understand all the negativity.

Captain Trips
15-04-2013, 08:51 AM
ITīS A CUNUNDRUM, sack him, keep him, ah just dont know, although I am starting to fall into the sack him side,at the beginning of the season ah thought this guys doing alright, top of the league, keep it going and european fitba, who knows, then we go on a long dismal run of defeats tae St.J, Killie Dun,f,ndee etc,etc..... manager has looked clueless for the second half of the season, unable to make good or even half decent changes, 1 up front WTF.
Saturdays 1st half performance should have made even the most supportive of Fenlon sit up and wonder WTF is going on.
He has now taken us to 2 SC finals in consecutive years, this time knocking out SPL opponents on the way, I would not sack him at this moment,definitely not before a Scottish Cup Final, I do believe he should be given atleast the first 5-8 games of the new season before making any decision, he has to hit the ground running.
He inheritted a shambles of a club, it takes time to turn it around hopefully for him he can manage it and quickly.

I agree with most of this except giving time next season. If you tjink not good enough after 16 months then giving him matches next season stops a new man getting in who he wants. He has got us to final he should complete the season and then review but league form hasnt been good enough. We do have a cup final but every points a pound and I am not writing off the next 4/5 spl games just because of final.

Collins won a trophy but league form dictated a lot of views on him and thats the bread and butter. I would only sack PF now if a target I had really really wanted became available, we just need to see what happens and with Hibs that could be anything.

Swedish hibee
15-04-2013, 08:56 AM
This thread :faf:

:pfgwa

Golden Bear
15-04-2013, 09:06 AM
I've already said all I'm ever going to say on the subject of Fenlon but I sincerely hope that when it's time for the next Managerial appointment then it's drummed into the candidates that they have a duty to produce a team that at least tries to play in an open and entertaining manner.

Saturday's second half display was a brilliant and refreshing change but it came about more from desperation than design. Hopefully a lesson has been learnt but I strongly suspect we'll revert back to the wee timorous beasties approach regardless of whoever the next opposition will be.

Fergus52
15-04-2013, 10:00 AM

Progress?

This is turning into my favourite hibs.net cliche. :greengrin

green glory
15-04-2013, 10:31 AM
2 Scottish Cup finals in 2 years, and into Europe next season. The league form needs to improve. But let's remember where Coco the clown left us.

JimBHibees
15-04-2013, 10:35 AM
2 Scottish Cup finals in 2 years, and into Europe next season. The league form needs to improve. But let's remember where Coco the clown left us.

That is the bottom line to me, the league form is a worry as was undoubtedly the first half on Saturday however he turned it round and got us into a final. He should be supported and to me has earned a bit more patience due to this.

vincipernoi
15-04-2013, 11:30 AM
matthew 10 36

cleanyman
15-04-2013, 11:33 AM
2 Scottish Cup Final's in a row.....

First since the 1920's...

We'll probably never see that again. This is history.

Once more, 90 minutes away from the most successful Hibs team ever.

To win the Scottish Cup is the ultimate dream for every Hibs fan, lets do it this time.

Lucius Apuleius
15-04-2013, 11:37 AM
matthew 10 36

Golden Bear
15-04-2013, 11:38 AM

To win the Scottish Cup is the ultimate dream for every Hibs fan, lets do it this time.

:rolleyes:

The mind boggles, it really does.

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2013, 11:42 AM

i would say the teams that won three league titles between 1948-52 are the most successesful hibs teams ever (IMO) :dunno: only 4/5 games needed to win a cup, a lot more to win a league

CropleyWasGod
15-04-2013, 11:43 AM

Shirley Knott.

cleanyman
15-04-2013, 11:43 AM
I meant to put in my lifetime.

CropleyWasGod
15-04-2013, 11:44 AM

So you're under 30? :greengrin

MB62
15-04-2013, 11:44 AM
And if he manages Hibs to their first SC Win in 111 years, do you really think Hibs will sack him within 6 months ? More likely to put a statue outside the West Stand - and give him an open chequebook - and rightly so.

IF we win the cup, then maybe he will have proved his worth, NO?
I have been saying for a while now that the close season and Pat's signings will be a big time for both club and manager.
I think Craig will be a big signing for us, I like this guy and he will score from midfield, something that has been sadly lacking for a long time now. Griffiths situation is also going to be a huge issue for us and if he goes, it will be very difficult to replace him with anybody near as good.

cleanyman
15-04-2013, 11:45 AM
So you're under 30? :greengrin

Aye, 22.

But after Saturday, feeling 72:greengrin

Golden Bear
15-04-2013, 11:45 AM

Aye ye'll be fine, fine I tell ye. Just keep on taking the medication.

:greengrin

Andy74
15-04-2013, 11:52 AM
IF we win the cup, then maybe he will have proved his worth, NO?
I have been saying for a while now that the close season and Pat's signings will be a big time for both club and manager.
I think Craig will be a big signing for us, I like this guy and he will score from midfield, something that has been sadly lacking for a long time now. Griffiths situation is also going to be a huge issue for us and if he goes, it will be very difficult to replace him with anybody near as good.

Agree with that and the summer is important for him. Yes, he had a big job to do and he had really turned it around early season but you can't ignore the past few months and at half time on Saturday I was probably close to not being too bothered about defending him any more. You live and die by what goes on on the pitch.

However, given we got through it I think he deserves to get next season to put right the remaining issues. I don't think the club is full of the wrong characters any more or full of bad players, we lack certain things and that can be put right. He's been a winner, regardless of level, and no matter what happens with this final, or the last one, that's another couple of medals he's been able to put away to add to his collection.

I can't really say why but I just like and trust him, and I think this is the guy that we should give some time to. It's not all about what we can see either. I like his thougts on scouting, on relating to the fans, on building a club and being proud to be involved with Hibs and asking that anyone that comes in is also proud to be here.

Brizo
15-04-2013, 11:55 AM
The most common criticism of PF is no Plan B. Switching to 442 at half time was a pretty effective use of Plan B. My concern is that Plan A involved playing a lone striker on the wide open spaces of Hampden against a lower league team whose back 4 were literally bairns plus an auld gadgie. And how much Plan B was PFs decision or a player led one?

Dinkydoo
15-04-2013, 12:34 PM
The most common criticism of PF is no Plan B. Switching to 442 at half time was a pretty effective use of Plan B. My concern is that Plan A involved playing a lone striker on the wide open spaces of Hampden against a lower league team whose back 4 were literally bairns plus an auld gadgie. And how much Plan B was PFs decision or a player led one?

Look at the bench on Saturday - not many players who are defensively minded in there.

It must have been his intention to try to control the game from the midfield initially and if that didn't work out, change shape and go more attacking. The problem was that not only was the formation wrong for such an occassion, the players let him (and us) down big time in the first 45 minutes.