PDA

View Full Version : we should be in East Stand

itslegaltender
14-04-2013, 04:23 PM
With the new road in place it makes sense for us to have the East of the stadium for access to and from the game. Let's see if the SFA revert to type and give Sellick their usual end.

Glory Lurker
14-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Witch! Burn her! Burn her!:greengrin

Hibby70
14-04-2013, 04:28 PM
With the new road in place it makes sense for us to have the East of the stadium for access to and from the game. Let's see if the SFA revert to type and give Sellick their usual end.

Agree, I hope Petrie pushes for this.

hugo boss
14-04-2013, 04:36 PM
With the new road in place it makes sense for us to have the East of the stadium for access to and from the game. Let's see if the SFA revert to type and give Sellick their usual end. No chance that will happen.....its a disgrace they have an end anyway its not there staduim

Hibby70
14-04-2013, 04:40 PM
No chance that will happen.....its a disgrace they have an end anyway its not there staduim
The club really do need to raise this - I'm emailing Rod.

hugo boss
14-04-2013, 04:49 PM
The club really do need to raise this - I'm emailing Rod. Agreed

.Sean.
14-04-2013, 04:57 PM
We should also insist on wearing our home shirt as we were the first side to qualify for the final.

Aldo
14-04-2013, 04:58 PM
We should also insist on wearing our home shirt as we were the first side to qualify for the final.

This but you do know that we won't get the east and both teams will play in their away or 3rd strips.

.Sean.
14-04-2013, 05:00 PM
This but you do know that we won't get the east and both teams will play in their away or 3rd strips.

Hibs should wear all-green, Celtic's kit is pretty much all-white anyway.

Aldo
14-04-2013, 05:05 PM

Preaching to the converted matey but the SFA will ***** themselves from smellic and let them have what they want.

Tbh I don't care where we sit or what we wear as long as we turn up from the first whistle to the last.

Alfred E Newman
14-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Logistics say the Hibs should be in the east end but it wont happen because this is Scotland.

TamHibs
14-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Didn't we have the east end in 2001?

marinello59
14-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Didn't we have the east end in 2001?

No.

TornadoHibby
14-04-2013, 05:23 PM
No.

:top marks :aok:

Carheenlea
14-04-2013, 05:33 PM
The reason for Celtic and Rangers having their designated "ends" at Hampden is now outdated and irrelevant with the all covered, all seated arena.

The logical areas for Hibs fans would be the East End so fingers crossed that will be the case. I would imagine that the police will be keen on some kind of segregation near the ground, and keen on getting Hibs fans out of Glasgow as soon as they can, so it may be they who decide who goes where.

biffo1875
14-04-2013, 05:44 PM
very good point last time we played them in a final both teams wore second strips .

Pete
14-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Logistics say the Hibs should be in the east end but it wont happen because this is Scotland.

It's unbelievable that certain clubs have their own ends which they are automatically allocated in a neutral stadium...even if it means an inconvenience for the other set of fans.
Celtic fans come from all over Glasgow while the majority of fans of east coast teams have to come from the east.
It's about time every east coast team that plays Celtic makes a fuss about this. People might think it's not a big issue but it glaringly highlights the institutional bias in favour of the old firm...they wouldn't dare upset their traditions.

Vini1875
14-04-2013, 06:02 PM
However pre game there are much more pubs etc to the west of hampden.

JimBHibees
14-04-2013, 06:10 PM
It's unbelievable that certain clubs have their own ends which they are automatically allocated in a neutral stadium...even if it means an inconvenience for the other set of fans.
Celtic fans come from all over Glasgow while the majority of fans of east coast teams have to come from the east.
It's about time every east coast team that plays Celtic makes a fuss about this. People might think it's not a big issue but it glaringly highlights the institutional bias in favour of the old firm...they wouldn't dare upset their traditions.

All over Scotland and Ireland. I think it is nonsense that they can dictate what is a supposedly neutral stadium. With the new M74 it makes complete sense that we are given that end of the ground. They should be told to bolt and go to the other end however we all know what will happen as the authorities wont want to offend the sensitive little souls.

Green Man
14-04-2013, 06:37 PM
However pre game there are much more pubs etc to the west of hampden.

Yup, I was glad to be able to approach from the west yesterday as there's a far better choice of pubs. The west would suit me fine for the final.

.Sean.
14-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Yup, I was glad to be able to approach from the west yesterday as there's a far better choice of pubs. The west would suit me fine for the final.

:agree:

lyonhibs
14-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Who gives a s*** where we sit?? I'll just be delighted to get a ticket in our end, anywhere.

hibs0666
14-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Prefer the other end - much better amenities.

DH1875
14-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Im another who would prefer the West. That said, unlike the east I dont think you can go out the back of the west for a cig at HT.

SkintHibby
14-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Who cares what end we get!

Jeezo.:rolleyes:

clerriehibs
14-04-2013, 08:37 PM
]The reason for Celtic and Rangers having their designated "ends" at Hampden is now outdated and irrelevant with the all covered, all seated arena.[/B]

The logical areas for Hibs fans would be the East End so fingers crossed that will be the case. I would imagine that the police will be keen on some kind of segregation near the ground, and keen on getting Hibs fans out of Glasgow as soon as they can, so it may be they who decide who goes where.

What was the reason, if all covered & all seated now makes it an irrelevance???

Billy Whizz
14-04-2013, 08:40 PM

It's an old traditional thing, which parts of Glasgow their grounds are. I hope we aren't sent over the Kingston Bridge. The traffic is horrendous. Almost missed the 2000 cup final due to this

GreenCastle
14-04-2013, 08:51 PM
When Celtic played the yams in the semi last year the yams had the West.

I remember sitting in the West in 2001 against Celtic and we had the West for Dundee United and Livi semi finals also IIRC. Any other games I've missed at the new hampden ? Won 1 - lost 2 in west.

Billy Whizz
14-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Maybe when they have the draw for who gets the home dressing room, it should be decided then

Carheenlea
14-04-2013, 09:22 PM

I read somewhere ( possibly on here!) that both Rangers and Celtic had been asked if they would contribute to stadium improvements, with Rangers providing considerably more money than Celtic. With only only enough funds to cover one end, Rangers supporters were then always accommodated in the covered end as a result and each end becoming known asthe Celtic end and Rangers end. With the changes to stadium since then, such reference is irrelevant.

SaulGoodman
14-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Hope there's better catering.. Was sick of Capri-Suns!

Sir David Gray
14-04-2013, 10:00 PM
As others have already said, it's an absolute joke that 2 teams have designated “ends“ at a neutral venue. Does this happen at any other national stadium?

If they happen to be playing each other at Hampden then by all means they can have their “ends” but it shouldn't apply to every single match.

There should be a coin toss for who is going to be the “home” team and therefore who's going to be in their home strips and who's going to use the home dressing room.

Whoever loses that and is therefore the “away” team should get to decide which end their fans sit at.

That's the fairest way to do it.

clerriehibs
14-04-2013, 10:14 PM
It's an old traditional thing, which parts of Glasgow their grounds are. I hope we aren't sent over the Kingston Bridge. The traffic is horrendous. Almost missed the 2000 cup final due to this

I get that, but carheenlea gave the reason that all-seated, all-covered arenas made the "celtic-rangers" ends an irrelevance. That doesn't make any sense to me.

madabouthibs
14-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Segregation probably won't be an issue, it wasn't at the 2000 final as I parked on Prospecthill Road. When we left we walked right round the stadium unhindered.
I'm not bothered either way, I hate Hampden no matter where I sit!! :agree:

HibeeN
14-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Hope there's better catering.. Was sick of Capri-Suns!

I don't normally get food/drink at football games, but is Hampden normally this bad?! My sister wanted a cola, I thought you'd get soft drinks in those plastic cups, but only things getting sold were bovril, water and capri-suns!

EH6 Hibby
14-04-2013, 10:52 PM

Celtics home strip is much less of a clash than Falkirks was yesterday. The only way I could tell who had the ball was by the white sleeves on the Hibs strip.

Captain Trips
14-04-2013, 11:09 PM
I understand that the home team is in west and away team is East, home team I think is first team to qualify maybe so we would get West. This may of course not be right.

Ryan91
14-04-2013, 11:14 PM
I understand that the home team is in west and away team is East, home team I think is first team to qualify maybe so we would get West. This may of course not be right.

We were the designated home team last year and qualified first, and we got the Eastern end of the ground.

DH1875
14-04-2013, 11:28 PM
Trying to think, does the west have the space behind the stand like the east does? I dont think it does. Cant remember.

Nakedmanoncrack
15-04-2013, 05:57 AM
Who cares what end we get!

Jeezo.:rolleyes:

People looking for something to feel hard done to about. Who cares?? East may be better if coming by road, but West is much
better for public transport & prematch pubs.

Lucius Apuleius
15-04-2013, 06:40 AM
Don't give a monkey's where we sit.

Aldo
15-04-2013, 06:48 AM
Don't give a monkey's where we sit.

This. No point in getting yur knickers in a twist!!!

essexhibee
15-04-2013, 07:51 AM
I've never seen hibs lose when I've sat in the east. Hope we get it again

Pretty Boy
15-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Wouldn't mind the west.

Remember speaking to a Hearts player from circa 2006 and he said it gave their players a huge lift pre that semi seeing the whole side of the stadium where they arrived as a sea of maroon and white.

Maybe having the side that the team buses arrive from could be a wee psychological edge.

Sir David Gray
15-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Wouldn't mind the west.

Remember speaking to a Hearts player from circa 2006 and he said it gave their players a huge lift pre that semi seeing the whole side of the stadium where they arrived as a sea of maroon and white.

Maybe having the side that the team buses arrive from could be a wee psychological edge.

Pretty certain the Hibs team bus arrived at the east end of the stadium for the final last year and that is where the Hibs fans were situated, so I'm not too sure about that! :wink:

Bristolhibby
15-04-2013, 11:23 AM
I read somewhere ( possibly on here!) that both Rangers and Celtic had been asked if they would contribute to stadium improvements, with Rangers providing considerably more money than Celtic. With only only enough funds to cover one end, Rangers supporters were then always accommodated in the covered end as a result and each end becoming known asthe Celtic end and Rangers end. With the changes to stadium since then, such reference is irrelevant.

This is how I understand it.

It truely is an irrelivance in this day and age. Especially as Rangers dont exist anymore and wont be at the Final.

It should all be decided on Logistics and Police input.

J

Billy Whizz
15-04-2013, 11:27 AM
I think we're the home team, whether this makes a difference or not

GreenCastle
15-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Wouldn't mind the west.

The underground car park at Hampden can be accessed from both sides (East and West) and runs right underneath the whole of the South Stand.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2013, 11:37 AM
Pretty certain the Hibs team bus arrived at the east end of the stadium for the final last year and that is where the Hibs fans were situated, so I'm not too sure about that! :wink:

Didn't know that.

Fair enough i'm joining the outraged now and demanding the East and If we don't get then it's a conspiracy!!!!

Aldo
15-04-2013, 11:42 AM
As mentioned earlier the Father in Law is a smellic fan and he believes its their right to get the east.

I said why and he's said because we're Celtic!!

Purple & Green
15-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Wouldn't mind the west.

And here's another funny thing: Celtic (and I think Queens Park IIRC) are the only teams that don't enter from the west side of the tunnel, instead they enter from the East side. Source: The Hampden Tour.

Edit: I don't know which side the Hibs bus entered last season, as above.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2013, 12:32 PM
SFA have confirmed Hibs will get the West.

JimBHibees
15-04-2013, 12:33 PM
SFA have confirmed Hibs will get the West.

Have they explained why?

Pretty Boy
15-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Have they explained why?

Cause it's Celtic.

Simple.

Emerald
15-04-2013, 12:35 PM
And here's another funny thing: Celtic (and I think Queens Park IIRC) are the only teams that don't enter from the west side of the tunnel, instead they enter from the East side. Source: The Hampden Tour.

Edit: I don't know which side the Hibs bus entered last season, as above.

It went in the East side, our bus followed behind it until it turnrd off to go in behind the East goals.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Have they explained why?

No, I wouldn't expect them to. Celtic get the East whenever they play at Hampden, so what's to explain. We'll just have to make sure they wish they weren't in either end.

Pat 0-7
15-04-2013, 12:40 PM
I don't normally get food/drink at football games, but is Hampden normally this bad?! My sister wanted a cola, I thought you'd get soft drinks in those plastic cups, but only things getting sold were bovril, water and capri-suns!

We were in the East and got Cokes from the catering places up at the top of the stand where you come in, before the game and at half-time.........:confused:

£2.50 a pop though! :rolleyes:

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2013, 12:42 PM
We were in the East and got Cokes from the catering places up at the top of the stand where you come in, before the game and at half-time.........:confused:

£2.50 a pop though! :rolleyes:

bovril £2:50 extortion

Malthibby
15-04-2013, 12:44 PM
No, I wouldn't expect them to. Celtic get the East whenever they play at Hampden, so what's to explain. We'll just have to make sure they wish they weren't in either end.

This. Don't like the arrogant presumption of Rantic but it won't matter if we get it up'em.
And I like the Clockwork for a shandie beforehand.
GG

Purple & Green
15-04-2013, 12:44 PM
It went in the East side, our bus followed behind it until it turnrd off to go in behind the East goals.

That's interesting, I wonder which side the bus went in on Saturday...don't suppose anyone knows?

HibeeN
15-04-2013, 12:45 PM
I've never been in the West of Hampden, either for Hibs games or International games. Hopefully a new experience means a good experience :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
15-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Cause it's Celtic.

Simple.

Of course the logic of that in a neutral stadium is an overwhelming argument. :greengrin

JimBHibees
15-04-2013, 12:48 PM
I've never been in the West of Hampden, either for Hibs games or International games. Hopefully a new experience means a good experience :thumbsup:

Have been in the West end for a couple of game a Scotland England game yonks ago and the semi in 1979 when both Hibs and Aberdeen were both under the covered end. In 2001 final was in North which was fine. Is the view from behind that goal as bad as the other end as it really is one of the worst supposedly developed stadium there is.

Pretty Boy
15-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Of course the logic of that in a neutral stadium is an overwhelming argument. :greengrin

Indeed.

Good old SFA.

Aldo
15-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Cause it's Celtic.

Simple.

This in one

Captain Trips
15-04-2013, 02:33 PM
We were the designated home team last year and qualified first, and we got the Eastern end of the ground.

Hibs may have asked for a swap then. As I said I believe what I said is case and if Celtic game was first they would ask us to swap probably. Celtic or Rangers are not given any end it is who qualifies first is home=West. Rangers and Celtic in the final they like there traditional ends so irrelavant who qualified first as they will both agree on Ends. We will be in West as qualified first and Celtic will be happy in their end so no need to discuss, if we played Sunday we would have got East and Celtic will have asked us to swap im sure.

Thats how I understand allication at Hampden.

Pete
15-04-2013, 02:48 PM

I suppose their definition of neutral is favouring both halves of the old firm over everyone else equally.

This isn't really about the physical positioning of my seat. The issue is more to do with the relationship between the authorities and the old firm. Maybe it's about time is was properly challenged and cosy little traditions like this changed to give the impression that our game is totally transparent, neutral and honest.

I wonder what the reaction down England would be like if Manchester United and City had their own ends at Wembley and other teams like Liverpool were automatically put in the other end when facing them? The first consideration in the whole thing were the tradition of the Manchester clubs. I don't think "who cares" and "stop moaning" would be the reaction by the anfield or goodison faithful.

JimBHibees
15-04-2013, 03:10 PM
I suppose their definition of neutral is favouring both halves of the old firm over everyone else equally.

This isn't really about the physical positioning of my seat. The issue is more to do with the relationship between the authorities and the old firm. Maybe it's about time is was properly challenged and cosy little traditions like this changed to give the impression that our game is totally transparent, neutral and honest.

I wonder what the reaction down England would be like if Manchester United and City had their own ends at Wembley and other teams like Liverpool were automatically put in the other end when facing them? The first consideration in the whole thing were the tradition of the Manchester clubs. I don't think "who cares" and "stop moaning" would be the reaction by the anfield or goodison faithful.

Great example it just wouldnt be allowed to happen.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2013, 03:55 PM

Strangely enough Liverpool asked for the opposite end at Hillsborough two years running 88 & 89 but were denied due to the Police stating that the Leppings Lane end supported the direction of travel for the Liverpool fans rather than the Kop end of Hillsborough.

DH1875
15-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Trying to think, does the west have the space behind the stand like the east does? I dont think it does. Cant remember.

Anyone????

NOLA
15-04-2013, 05:05 PM
last time i was in the west we were 3 down to celtic with 30minutes played, tommy mac got subbed off early on as stevie fulton was playing like baggio :rolleyes: not many fond memories of the old west.

Biggie
15-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Oh we'll, home team = home strip :greengrin

Aldo
16-04-2013, 06:57 AM
Oh we'll, home team = home strip :greengrin

I have a very funny feeling that both teams will play in their 2nd or 3rd kits??

Billy Whizz
16-04-2013, 08:24 AM
I have a very funny feeling that both teams will play in their 2nd or 3rd kits??

We played in white in 2000 against them

GlenrothesHibee
16-04-2013, 09:06 AM
Dundee united had the west on Sunday so we will be punted there on May 26th. Just shows how backward Scottish football is. We will sing our hearts out regardless

Captain Trips
16-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Dundee united had the west on Sunday so we will be punted there on May 26th. Just shows how backward Scottish football is. We will sing our hearts out regardless

I really do not think Celtic are just given that end if its a Police matter then I do not know but as I said first qualified are allocated West and are home team, 2nd qualified are away team East. Celtic qualified for Semi v Dundee United they should have been allocated West but United were in there which I think means everytime Celtic are not playing Rangers but qualify first must ask to swap with other team.

We are Home so if we wanted East we would need to ask Celtic to swap which of course they wont but I do not know what say Police have over this as a whole. I am curious to know 100% how it is worked and and if Celtic/Rangers do indeed need their opposition to agree an end swap.

I have emalied SFA I am not bothered what end we are in but I am interested to see if they get that end no matter which actually isnt right or fair if they are.

GlenrothesHibee
16-04-2013, 01:12 PM
I really do not think Celtic are just given that end if its a Police matter then I do not know but as I said first qualified are allocated West and are home team, 2nd qualified are away team East. Celtic qualified for Semi v Dundee United they should have been allocated West but United were in there which I think means everytime Celtic are not playing Rangers but qualify first must ask to swap with other team.

We are Home so if we wanted East we would need to ask Celtic to swap which of course they wont but I do not know what say Police have over this as a whole. I am curious to know 100% how it is worked and and if Celtic/Rangers do indeed need their opposition to agree an end swap.

I have emalied SFA I am not bothered what end we are in but I am interested to see if they get that end no matter which actually isnt right or fair if they are.

I was thinking about doing the same. Interested to hear what their response is. Thats if you get one.

GreenCastle
16-04-2013, 01:40 PM

I agree with you - it doesn't matter what end we are in - but I would like to know how it's decided and why Celtic always seem to occupy the East.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2013, 01:48 PM

The SFA have already confirmed Hibs are in the West.

Captain Trips
16-04-2013, 02:10 PM
The SFA have already confirmed Hibs are in the West.

I was never in any doubt over that I was wanting to know if home is allocated West and what happens if Celtic are the home team but not playing Rangers

DH1875
16-04-2013, 03:23 PM
OK simples really. Has there been a final when celtic had the west stand and not the east? and if so, when?

Sir David Gray
16-04-2013, 07:37 PM

They'll most probably refer you to the FA.

essexhibee
16-04-2013, 10:23 PM
Sad to hear we are in the west. Have never seen hibs or Scotland lose when I have sat in the east. Thought that might have been ended at 3-0 down last Saturday however :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
16-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Have ran the full range of emotions on this decision:

Livid as it shows the pandering OF sectarian mentality engrained in the psyche of the pricks who run our game, whereby everybody else is second class citizen.
Relieved, as we haven't exactly been lucky in the East.
Apathetic as the whole place is a ****ing toilet which should be razed to the ground. I hate it more than any other stadium in the world.

Emerald
19-04-2013, 11:50 AM
I couldn't resist writing to the SFA. I know it won't do any good but I don't think they should get away with allowing Celtic or Rangers to keep a traditional end at Hampden, especially given the M74 extension.

My rant:

I am writing to complain about the allocation to Hibs supporters of the West side of Hanpden for the Scottish Cup Final. I think its a disgrace that Celtic should have a traditional end in a NEUTRAL venue in this day and age. Why are you asking 20,000 people from Edinburgh to travel to the other end of Glasgow and back again after public money has been used to fund the building of the M74 extension that would allow coaches to be taken to the door. I will be writing to my MSP about this.
Can you give me any reasonable explanation why Celtic are allowed to have a traditional end at a neutral venue against all common seance? Coaches travelling miles longer than necessary, costing more money, using more fuel and congesting areas of Glasgow that should never need to be passed through. It shows the SFA up for what they are. An old firm biased institution that doesn't give a jot for any other teams in Scotland. Its an utter disgrace.

Lucius Apuleius
19-04-2013, 11:57 AM
I couldn't resist writing to the SFA. I know it won't do any good but I don't think they should get away with allowing Celtic or Rangers to keep a traditional end at Hampden, especially given the M74 extension.

My rant:

I am writing to complain about the allocation to Hibs supporters of the West side of Hanpden for the Scottish Cup Final. I think its a disgrace that Celtic should have a traditional end in a NEUTRAL venue in this day and age. Why are you asking 20,000 people from Edinburgh to travel to the other end of Glasgow and back again after public money has been used to fund the building of the M74 extension that would allow coaches to be taken to the door. I will be writing to my MSP about this.
Can you give me any reasonable explanation why Celtic are allowed to have a traditional end at a neutral venue against all common seance? Coaches travelling miles longer than necessary, costing more money, using more fuel and congesting areas of Glasgow that should never need to be passed through. It shows the SFA up for what they are. An old firm biased institution that doesn't give a jot for any other teams in Scotland. Its an utter disgrace.

Good, however it will be something to do with being a Ouija.:wink:

lyonhibs
19-04-2013, 11:58 AM

My rant:

Mr Easily Offended of Turnbridge Wells writes...................................

Pat 0-7
19-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Good, however it will be something to do with being a Ouija.:wink:

:faf: Dead funny!!!

Really lifted my spirits..... :offski:

Captain Trips
19-04-2013, 12:08 PM

My rant:

I emailed them too but I think the tradition is Home in west home being first qualified so we are in right end. I~ did have a look at last 10+ years matches and noticed on a lot of occasions if Rangers were in SF they would play on Saturday and Celtic on Sunday thus giving them the end they prefer if either or both go through I stress it wasnt always case but more often. I can only assume if Celtic ever have done quaify first they had to ask opposition about swapping.

I would email QOS or dunfermline actually QOS qualified first for final in 2008 but were in East if what I say is correct then QOS will need to have been asked to move. Dunfermline should have been in East in 2007 as Celtic quaified first the day before our first match v them.

19-04-2013, 12:09 PM

My rant:

Agree with every word you said in that letter Emerald! It makes total sense to have the hibs fans in the east but not surprised in the slighted that its been given to Celtic. The SFA time and time again pander and suck up to the old firm and everyone else is treated like second class citizens and is expected to just accept it because god forbid upsetting celtic and rangers!

SFA are a complete joke, don't give a dam about any other club as long as the OF are kept happy. Its time they realised that there are more than two teams in Scotland and the fans of those clubs pay their money too and don't deserve to be just brushed aside in order to accommodate the bigot brothers who over the years have brought shame onto Scotland and Scottish football with their vile sectarian bigotry!

LioNeilMessi
19-04-2013, 12:26 PM
What's this about whomever qualifies first is in the west for the final? What about last year when we had the east but were first through to the final? Apologies if I've gotten mixed up.

Captain Trips
19-04-2013, 12:31 PM
What's this about whomever qualifies first is in the west for the final? What about last year when we had the east but were first through to the final? Apologies if I've gotten mixed up.

I am not saying right but maybe both clubs agreed Email hibs as in theory we were home team so should have been in West. It is either what I say, Police decision or what would be totally unacceptable SFA just decide, teams shouldnt just be getting ends at neutrel stadium that isnt on.

Part/Time Supporter
19-04-2013, 12:46 PM
I emailed them too but I think the tradition is Home in west home being first qualified so we are in right end. I~ did have a look at last 10+ years matches and noticed on a lot of occasions if Rangers were in SF they would play on Saturday and Celtic on Sunday thus giving them the end they prefer if either or both go through I stress it wasnt always case but more often. I can only assume if Celtic ever have done quaify first they had to ask opposition about swapping.

I would email QOS or dunfermline actually QOS qualified first for final in 2008 but were in East if what I say is correct then QOS will need to have been asked to move. Dunfermline should have been in East in 2007 as Celtic quaified first the day before our first match v them.

That's not true. It's based on geography, except when Huntic are involved. Hibs are always in the east for anyone except Celtic for that reason.

Captain Trips
19-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Ok excellent response here from QOS I would like to thank him from all at Hibs.net for going into such length on this:

In the Scottish Cup Final, the winner of the first drawn semi final is the "home" team for the final. It doesn't matter what order the games are actually played in so if Sky move the first Semi Final to the Sunday it's still the first one and the winners would still be the home team in the final. For what it's worth, in 2008 we reached the final a whole week ahead of Rangers.

In practical terms though that means they get to play in their first choice colours in the event of a clash. Hence in 2008 we wore blue and Rangers had to change to white.

Hampden does not strictly have a "Home" dressing room and an "Away" dressing room. It has a "West" and an "East". Each club uses the dressing room that reflects the end of the stadium their fans are using. However, the "West" dressing room is normally used as the home one, it's what Queens Park use for home games and what Scotland use also.

As I understand it from those who have done the Hampden tour (I haven't), protocol for Hampden is that Celtic always use the East dressing room and get the East end at Hampden when they are in finals. Rangers always use the West dressing room and get the West end in finals. The only exception to that rule is when Queens Park get to a final (which hasn't happened in a long time) in which case they claim their usual West dressing room and Rangers would have to use the East one (I presume Rangers would still use the West End of he ground but I don't know that for sure).

So with reference to this year, I've no idea which semi final was drawn out first but whichever one it was, the winners will get to wear their first choice kit. Either way though Celtic will get the East dressing room and the East End of the ground I believe.

I hope that helps.

Regards

It would appear then that there is preferential treatment then? They must have just been given East then as he would have stated they were asked to swap, it would appear that the OF get their desired end in a neutrel venue, not really acceptable is it?

Keith_M
19-04-2013, 01:05 PM
I posted this previously on another thread and got pelters for it so.............. here goes again :wink:

The East Stand allocation is done on a 'Sellik Minded' basis.

1) When we play Sellik, they get the East
2) When we play almost any other club, we get the East because, to the SFA, we play in green so must be quite 'Sellik Minded'.
3) When we played Livi in the LC final, they had an ex Sellik director and were being funded by a Sellik lottery winner, i.e. They were most 'Sellik Minded' so they got the East.
4) Dundee United in the semi a few years back. Dundee United were formed by Irish immigrants and formerly called Dundee Hibernian. Confusion reigned at the SFA as to who was most 'Sellik Minded' so they tossed a coin and Dundee United went in the East.

....and that's how it works :wink:

Time For Heroes
19-04-2013, 01:09 PM
I'm just glad after 0-3 down that we will be at Hampden. Simples....

Captain Trips
19-04-2013, 01:10 PM
I posted this previously on another thread and got pelters for it so.............. here goes again :wink:

2) When we play almost any other club, we get the East because, to the SFA, we play in green so must be quite 'Sellik Minded'.
3) When we played Livi in the LC final, they had an ex Sellik director and were being funded by a Sellik lottery winner, i.e. They were most 'Sellik Minded' so they got the East.
4) Dundee United in the semi a few years back. Dundee United were formed by Irish immigrants and formerly called Dundee Hibernian. Confusion reigned at the SFA as to who was most 'Sellik Minded' so they tossed a coin and Dundee United went in the East.

....and that's how it works :wink:

3) Pretty sure I was in East that day.

I take it we just reverse all that for Rangers in West :wink:

Keith_M
19-04-2013, 01:44 PM
3) Pretty sure I was in East that day.

I take it we just reverse all that for Rangers in West :wink:

Oops, you're right. Facts go and get in the way of an otherwise damn fine conspiracy theory :wink:

Captain Trips
19-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Oops, you're right. Facts go and get in the way of an otherwise damn fine conspiracy theory :wink:

Just make point 3 same as 2 and we are back on track :greengrin

Keith_M
19-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Thanks to Carlsberg, the East Stand Allocation Conspiracy Theory is now as follows

3) When we played Livi in the LC Semi Final, they had an ex Sellik director and were being funded by a Sellik lottery winner. The SFA didn't know who was the most 'Sellik Minded', so nobody got the East.
4) Dundee United in the semi a few years back. Dundee United were formed by Irish immigrants and formerly called Dundee Hibernian. Confusion reigned again at the SFA as to who was most 'Sellik Minded' so they tossed a coin and Dundee United went in the East.

:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Most important part of the qos response is that we got to wear our home strip and they'll have to change?

.Sean.
19-04-2013, 04:47 PM
In regards to who wears the home kit, the Celtic fans i've spoken to said they'd like Celtic to wear their white anniversary kit so if that was the case then our green wouldn't be a problem. Anyway, as the 'home' side we should stand our ground and insist of wearing green, **** yellow in the cup final.

ancient hibee
19-04-2013, 05:02 PM
I've done the Hampden tour-only 2 of us so it was an excellent one for some inside chat.As already said there is a Celtic dressing room and a Rangers one.This allows rival supporters on the tour to claim that the"others"one is bigger.Naturally they're the same size.The OF leave their rooms so that they can go through the doors and down the tunnel on the "right"side.This allows rival supporters to claim that "their"door is more difficult to open.There are two channels through the stand so that Celtic'Rangers can go up to get the trophy on the side nearest their supporters.I suggested to the SFA guy that this was all pathetic-he agreed-but he was an ex Third Lanark player./

SaulGoodman
19-04-2013, 06:08 PM
So according to that, the team that wins the first semi final is called the 'home' team, and the fans allocated the west side of the stadium?

If that's the case why did we have the East for the final last year?

DH1875
19-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Most important part of the qos response is that we got to wear our home strip and they'll have to change?

Wouldn't bet on it. Can see both in our away kits.

Keith_M
19-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Wouldn't bet on it. Can see both in our away kits.

All White against all Yellow, that coud be a problem

I don't see any reason why both teams shouldn't be in their home kits.

Scouse Hibee
19-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Were in our second successive Scottish cup final, there is no chance of CT being the referee........................................... ....surely there must be something else we can moan about, yes there is, the end of the ground we have been allocated :greengrin

I wonder what next seasons topic could be?

SaulGoodman
19-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Were in our second successive Scottish cup final, there is no chance of CT being the referee........................................... ....surely there must be something else we can moan about, yes there is, the end of the ground we have been allocated :greengrin

I wonder what next seasons topic could be?

Maybe if we get humped in the final we could blame the west end of the stand, boo it every time we see it and have countless threads rating it's performance in Europe :greengrin

LioNeilMessi
19-04-2013, 06:38 PM
So according to that, the team that wins the first semi final is called the 'home' team, and the fans allocated the west side of the stadium?

If that's the case why did we have the East for the final last year?

Hearts v Celtic must of been drawn first, and moved to Sunday for TV? If that was the case then Hearts would of been "first" to qualify and given the "home" dressing room.

OR because they're mini-huns :greengrin

DH1875
19-04-2013, 06:39 PM
All White against all Yellow, that coud be a problem

I don't see any reason why both teams shouldn't be in their home kits.

Is there away kit not black? Thought the white was a 3rd kit spin off.

Keith_M
19-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Is there away kit not black? Thought the white was a 3rd kit spin off.

Apologies, you're absolutely right.

I'd still go with both teams wearing their home strips though.

Captain Trips
19-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Hearts v Celtic must of been drawn first, and moved to Sunday for TV? If that was the case then Hearts would of been "first" to qualify and given the "home" dressing room.

OR because they're mini-huns :greengrin

Hibs got back to me and it was because we were in East for semi and Hearts were in West for theirs it was just left that way.

Ultimately the decision on which side of the Stadium a team goes on is decided for operational reasons by the SFA, Hampden Park Ltd and the Police.

The Celtic Support are more predominant in the East and South side of Glasgow so logistically it is easier to route the Hibernian Supporters to the West of Hampden as opposed to bring both sets of supporters in via the same side of the Stadium. This would cause problems on the transport routes as buses and cars crossed over the main traffic routes.

Last year’s final Hibernian and Hearts occupied the same sections of the Stadium they did in the semi-final so it was easier to bring both sets of supporters back to the same side of the Stadium.

Regards

Hibernian FC

Hibernian Verse
19-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Hibs got back to me and it was because we were in East for semi and Hearts were in West for theirs it was just left that way.

Ultimately the decision on which side of the Stadium a team goes on is decided for operational reasons by the SFA, Hampden Park Ltd and the Police.

The Celtic Support are more predominant in the East and South side of Glasgow so logistically it is easier to route the Hibernian Supporters to the West of Hampden as opposed to bring both sets of supporters in via the same side of the Stadium. This would cause problems on the transport routes as buses and cars crossed over the main traffic routes.

Last year’s final Hibernian and Hearts occupied the same sections of the Stadium they did in the semi-final so it was easier to bring both sets of supporters back to the same side of the Stadium.

Regards

Hibernian FC

Fair enough :agree: regardless of what end Celtic got, they'd still travel through the East as would we.

Sir David Gray
20-04-2013, 04:16 PM

Regards

Hibernian FC

What about all the fans they'll bring over from Ireland?

I'm pretty certain they'll have to approach Glasgow from the west. :confused:

Spike Mandela
20-04-2013, 04:24 PM
As Rangers no longer exist what end would be get if we are first team drawn out hat in a final against a lower league team such as say, The Rangers?

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2013, 05:02 PM
Couldnt give a rodents bottom what end we are in to be honest. Transport problems aside the ground is exactly the same all the way around inside.

Its how much backing we give the team on the day that counts, not what end it comes from.

Franck Stanton
20-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Silly, hair-splitting topic if you ask me, [now I know all you smart-***** out there will just be itching to sasy " no-one asked you"], but does it really matter which end of the ground we are housed in ? Are we looking for excuses for being beat early doors ? Just get on with it.

SingaporeHibs
20-04-2013, 05:25 PM
I was told and tbh cant be bothered checking it out but i was told there are more Celtic ST holders with an EH postcode than any other post code. At the end of the day I dont know for sure and dont care, we are there and if not going by road the west is easier and offers much more pre-match options. 20k Hibs fans need more then a few options pre-match for a couple of nerve settlers, anyone thats been trying to get in a pub at the east close to the stadium will know that all too well. the west offers many more options and better options so lets not worry what end we're in, We are there and thats all that matters as far as fans goes. Colours, now thats a diff fight...we should be in green, i dont care what they wear.