PDA

View Full Version : Final ticket distribution

Pages : 1 [2]

Andy74
17-04-2013, 12:10 PM
So why did the club change the rules for the semi-final and give ST holders as many as they wanted. ?

I should have added to my post above - the additional perk should be that the season ticet holder can then arrange/organise to be with mates.

Why should they be the mainstays of being part of the 8,000 or so that bother going to league games, then have to sit on your tod for a final?

Allowing ST's priority and a decent allocation of tickets allows far better planning for most groups.

How many Hibs fans don't know one of the 8,000 season ticket holders?

Brooster
17-04-2013, 12:10 PM
If I get there I get there, just think hibs should sort the system out for fans like me

Why should Hibs cater for fans who go to the odd game?

Bristolhibby
17-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Can somone enlighten me.

Is the draw for the ballot actual ticket stubs or a computer record of who bought tickets or both?

I would gladly buy a ticket (and not go as I live in England) to get a chance to be in the ballot.

Cheers

J

Danderhall Hibs
17-04-2013, 12:13 PM

That's what they'd be doing by allowing ST holders 2 each...

Hermit Crab
17-04-2013, 12:15 PM
I'm going to the game because it isn't a Saturday, I guess I can hope to win one as a bonus.

Or someone you know as its a pair of tickets, you win the right to buy them I think.

Hermit Crab
17-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Coz they know a semi final is not a final.

If you buy a ticket you're automatically entered into the draw so I'm assuming its an electronic ballot. It says keep the ticket as proof of purchase though.

hibsmad
17-04-2013, 12:30 PM

Maybe because they contribute more to the club than people who go to no games?

Brooster
17-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Maybe because they contribute more to the club than people who go to no games?

Aye thats a good reason right enough.

hibs0666
17-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Seeing as it is Thatcher's day to get bedded in with the worms, here's a market-based solution to ticket allocation.

Hibs should auction every one of the 25,000 tickets. If Hibs want to be nice to the punters then each round of bidding is transparent and everyone pays the price bid by the lowest-priced winner. If Hibs want to become touts then everyone gets to submit one sealed bid and needs to pay the bid price.

Either way the old witch would certainly have approved. :wink:

hibsmad
17-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Aye thats a good reason right enough.

:hmmm: Not sure if you're :fishin:

Andy74
17-04-2013, 12:42 PM
That's what they'd be doing by allowing ST holders 2 each...

No, in that case it's the season tiocket holder they are looking after. Who the ticket goes to, that's for the season ticket holder to decide.

cabbageandribs1875
17-04-2013, 12:53 PM
I too was a season ticket holder in the 80s and 90s but my circumstances changed when my girls came along. Two of them actively participate in a different sport and compete at a high level. This takes up most of my early mornings and evenings with training and they compete most weekends. I chose to give up going to ER on a regular basis but I still try to get along when I can.

I have no interest in actively seeking a ticket for the final just as it was last year (lucky bugger I hear you say) as I believe that there are others way before me in the pecking order who have paid their money throughout the season.

I do not believe STH should get two tickets, some of which will be given to relatives or friends who just want to say they have been to a cup final and will get there before those who deserve to be there. Your ST guarantees you a ticket for the final it should not guarantee someone else who doesn't deserve one. The guarantee is the perk.

this

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 12:57 PM
This thread is superb.

More predictable than rain in Edinburgh.

Can't we just dig out last year's version, merge it with this one, then lock it?

That way every self-centred view will be represented, apart from any more that I can make up. :wink:

Brooster
17-04-2013, 01:00 PM
You have to laugh at all these part timers and day trippers trying to justify a cup final ticket. Its rather simple really - if you want a cup final ticket buy a season ticket.

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 01:01 PM
You have to laugh at all these part timers and day trippers trying to justify a cup final ticket. Its rather simple really - if you want a cup final ticket buy a season ticket.

Indeed. :agree:

Sheite font, btw.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2013, 01:07 PM
I too was a season ticket holder in the 80s and 90s but my circumstances changed when my girls came along. Two of them actively participate in a different sport and compete at a high level. This takes up most of my early mornings and evenings with training and they compete most weekends. I chose to give up going to ER on a regular basis but I still try to get along when I can.

I have no interest in actively seeking a ticket for the final just as it was last year (lucky bugger I hear you say) as I believe that there are others way before me in the pecking order who have paid their money throughout the season.

I do not believe STH should get two tickets, some of which will be given to relatives or friends who just want to say they have been to a cup final and will get there before those who deserve to be there. Your ST guarantees you a ticket for the final it should not guarantee someone else who doesn't deserve one. The guarantee is the perk.

Yet somone who's only appearance at ER all season is theAberdeen game could get 2.

No one has yet explained how that would be fair on renewing ST holders who have parted with the best part of £800.

NOLA
17-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Does anyone know how celtic divide up their tickets? With say 45k season ticket holders, do they have ballots? Public sale?

Hermit Crab
17-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Does anyone know how celtic divide up their tickets? With say 45k season ticket holders, do they have ballots? Public sale?

Supporters clubs get given a percentage then they draw names out a hat I think

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Yet somone who's only appearance at ER all season is theAberdeen game could get 2.

No one has yet explained how that would be fair on renewing ST holders who have parted with the best part of £800.

That will only apply to 100 folk so it's a fairly minor gimmick.

Since90+2
17-04-2013, 01:12 PM

I think its a point based system , similar to Hearts , based on how many away games they attend.

Hermit Crab
17-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Supporters clubs get given a percentage then they draw names out a hat I think

I also imagine they will have different levels of season tickets. I.E gold silver bronze type thing. Gold being a cert then silver 60/40 then bronze being no hopers. Something like that anyway I reckon.

Pete
17-04-2013, 01:15 PM

My Celtic supporting mate will be getting my spare.

I feel that he deserves the ticket.

It's ok...he's from Glasgow and isn't a glory hunter.

shezer
17-04-2013, 01:18 PM
The club have advertised the £200 hospitality tickets again. I'm shocked. I thought they would be snapped up immediately. I bought 3 the other day. It was the only way of guaranteeing seats together.My pals are only being converted.We are in Ireland so a season ticket for them makes no sense. I remember last year the hospitality tickets were snapped up very quickly. That could be an indicator of demand for tickets this year.

hibsmad
17-04-2013, 01:21 PM

It's not really fair.

The only fair way is a loyalty points system which ensures that the 20,000 Hibs fans who have watched Hibs the most over the course of a season each get a ticket. To anyone who doesn't agree with that then quite frankly, you are either on the wind-up or are completely blinkered to the legitimate reasons why some people don't have season tickets.

The loyalty points system should have been put in place after last season but Hibs don't seem to like this idea for whatever reason.

Hermit Crab
17-04-2013, 01:25 PM
My Celtic supporting mate will be getting my spare.

I feel that he deserves the ticket.

It's ok...he's from Glasgow and isn't a glory hunter.

Gone fishin ba ba ba boom, left a sign up on the door.

Leishy1995
17-04-2013, 01:28 PM

The odd game isn't an entire cup run though?

silverhibee
17-04-2013, 01:29 PM

Very good point PB.

Some random person who hasn't attended a game this season can stroll along to ER on Monday night and purchase a ticket for £20/10 and they may get themselfs 2 tickets for the final :confused: yet me and my son pay upfront for STs at the start of the season because Mr Petrie says all money gained through buying a ST at the start of the season helps the manager to bring players he has identified to the club.

So as you say, i put £800 of my hard earned money in to the club at the start of the season to help the club to sign players and for that me and my son will get one ticket each, but Mr Random who may not have attended a game all season pay's £20/10 on Monday night has the chance to win two tickets, baffling. :agree:

Pretty Boy
17-04-2013, 01:31 PM
It's not really fair.

The only fair way is a loyalty points system which ensures that the 20,000 Hibs fans who have watched Hibs the most over the course of a season each get a ticket. To anyone who doesn't agree with that then quite frankly, you are either on the wind-up or are completely blinkered to the legitimate reasons why some people don't have season tickets.

The loyalty points system should have been put in place after last season but Hibs don't seem to like this idea for whatever reason.

Agree a loyalty system is a must.

If nothing else it would help improve Hibs data capture no end as there would be less 'my mate who's on the database got my ticket for me' type stuff as no one would risk it.

I was a regular walk up for years so do sympathisr with those who are panicking right now. However the only loyalty type system we have right now is STs an we, especially those of us renewing, really should be looked after. That still leaves a lot of tickets for general sale.

Brooster
17-04-2013, 01:34 PM

So you've been to 4 cup games. Woopeedoo....here, take 20 cup final tickets. It's the least your loyalty deserves.

Captain Trips
17-04-2013, 01:36 PM
After the ST there are various good ideas so some regulars can get tickets but all with pros and cons. Rather than now try to come up with a scheme just let ST have their allocation and the rest for public sale and introduce something for next term that is clear. A lot of good ideas that could be implemented but I think for now I am happy to go with my chances with every other non ST or hopefully somebody on here that agrees with me on topics and thinks I deserve one which rules out 99% of this board :)

silverhibee
17-04-2013, 02:10 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibees-cup-final-tickets-up-for-grabs-1-2898456

LancashireHibby
17-04-2013, 02:23 PM
The membership scheme last season was the ideal scheme to bridge the gap between ST holders and walk-up fans. Ended all my worries last season about getting a ticket and was a nice little earner for the club as well. Really don't understand why it was discontinued.

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 02:27 PM

You won't have been to an entire cup game if you don't get to the final. :devil:

:duck:

Leishy1995
17-04-2013, 02:32 PM
So you've been to 4 cup games. Woopeedoo....here, take 20 cup final tickets. It's the least your loyalty deserves.

I don't want any more than 1. Sorry I can't make it on Saturdays but I still think I should be garunteed a cup final ticket.

Leishy1995
17-04-2013, 02:32 PM
You won't have been to an entire cup game if you don't get to the final. :devil:

:duck:

Cheeky

Gmack7
17-04-2013, 02:52 PM
I assume (hope) that anyone who purchased half season ticket, adult or kids will also get tickets

Onion
17-04-2013, 02:57 PM
That will only apply to 100 folk so it's a fairly minor gimmick.

Watch them all come out of the woodwork for a chance to win CF tickets only to flog them on EBay or pass them to their Celtic pals for twice FV. Totally unfair that ST holders are excluded from this nice little earner :(

hibsmad
17-04-2013, 03:05 PM
I don't want any more than 1. Sorry I can't make it on Saturdays but I still think I should be garunteed a cup final ticket.

Honestly mate I would give up.

There are some fans on here who, as season ticket holders, won't be happy until they have a statue of themselves outside ER, commending them as the saviours of Hibs. Non ST holders will then have to kneel before these statues and give thanks before entering the stadium.

It should then also be noted that these non ST holders will be able to enter the stadium free of charge. This is because any money that is handed over to the club, but is not done so at the start of a season as part of a ST purchase, does not go towards helping the club in any way and is therefore worthless.

My own personal view is that you do deserve a ticket more than a ST holder deserves a spare.

Leishy1995
17-04-2013, 03:12 PM

There are some fans on here who, as season ticket holders, won't be happy until they have a statue of themselves outside ER, commending them as the saviours of Hibs. Non ST holders will then have to kneel before these statues and give thanks before entering the stadium.

It should then also be noted that these non ST holders will be able to enter the stadium free of charge. This is because any money that is handed over to the club, but is not done so at the start of a season as part of a ST purchase, does not go towards helping the club in any way and is therefore worthless.

My own personal view is that you do deserve a ticket more than a ST holder deserves a spare.

Thanks, if I was someone who just adopted hibs as his club and had never owned season tickets I'd understand such comments.

I have been offered my friends tickets as she can't go which has cheered me up, I guess that's against hibs.net rules though

silverhibee
17-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Watch them all come out of the woodwork for a chance to win CF tickets only to flog them on EBay or pass them to their Celtic pals for twice FV. Totally unfair that ST holders are excluded from this nice little earner :(

I wonder if any ST holders may pay to get in to this game to try and get extra tickets for there Grannie/ Grandad/Auntie etc etc.

Up The Bracket
17-04-2013, 03:19 PM
If you don't have a season ticket, you can't have any complaints about not being able to get tickets. It's as simple as that!

hibsmad
17-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Thanks, if I was someone who just adopted hibs as his club and had never owned season tickets I'd understand such comments.

I have been offered my friends tickets as she can't go which has cheered me up, I guess that's against hibs.net rules though

:aok: Pleased you managed to get a ticket.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2013, 03:28 PM
I wonder if any ST holders may pay to get in to this game to try and get extra tickets for there Grannie/ Grandad/Auntie etc etc.

All season ticket holders who pay into the Aberdeen game to try and get extra tickets will have their admission fee refunded by the club regrdless of whether they are succesful in the ballot or not. It's a win win situation for ST holders and so it should be!

hibsmad
17-04-2013, 03:28 PM
If you don't have a season ticket, you can't have any complaints about not being able to get tickets. It's as simple as that!

It would be as simple as that if we had 20,000 ST holders.

Leishy1995
17-04-2013, 03:30 PM

Got lucky, would have been begging my sister for one if not!

Onion
17-04-2013, 03:52 PM

There's a thought. S'pose Petrie won't care where the extra money comes from. Also, wonder if those ST holders that didn't take up their allocation for last May will qualify for 4 this time - a kind of "roll-over" allocation ?

marinello59
17-04-2013, 03:54 PM

I will. I won't be happy until I have 20000 tickets all for myself. Stuff the lot of you. :greengrin

hibIBZ
17-04-2013, 03:58 PM
Since the club have only earmarked 100 pairs to ballot on Monday, is it safe to say that they will do the same for the other remaining league games?

Hermit Crab
17-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Since the club have only earmarked 100 pairs to ballot on Monday, is it safe to say that they will do the same for the other remaining league games?

I think that's a possibility mate.

hibIBZ
17-04-2013, 04:07 PM
I think that's a possibility mate.

heres hoping cant make Monday night

hibs0666
17-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Very good point PB.

Some random person who hasn't attended a game this season can stroll along to ER on Monday night and purchase a ticket for £20/10 and they may get themselfs 2 tickets for the final :confused: yet me and my son pay upfront for STs at the start of the season because Mr Petrie says all money gained through buying a ST at the start of the season helps the manager to bring players he has identified to the club.

So as you say, i put £800 of my hard earned money in to the club at the start of the season to help the club to sign players and for that me and my son will get one ticket each, but Mr Random who may not have attended a game all season pay's £20/10 on Monday night has the chance to win two tickets, baffling. :agree:

You have two 100% guaranteed tickets for the final. The randoms have maybe a 10-30/1 shot at getting a ticket. Massive difference.

Billy Whizz
17-04-2013, 04:18 PM

You can still buy a ticket though, to be included in the draw?

Hermit Crab
17-04-2013, 04:19 PM

Buy a ticket anyway your name still gets thrown into the hat.

silverhibee
17-04-2013, 04:23 PM

Did we not have fun about the last debate about tickets. :greengrin

silverhibee
17-04-2013, 04:25 PM

See, happy days. :thumbsup:

silverhibee
17-04-2013, 04:26 PM

He said "friends" ask him if there is a spare one. :aok:

silverhibee
17-04-2013, 04:27 PM
All season ticket holders who pay into the Aberdeen game to try and get extra tickets will have their admission fee refunded by the club regrdless of whether they are succesful in the ballot or not. It's a win win situation for ST holders and so it should be!

:thumbsup:

3pm
17-04-2013, 04:29 PM
It's nice Season Ticket holders will be allowed to take a guest.

silverhibee
17-04-2013, 04:29 PM
I will. I won't be happy until I have 20000 tickets all for myself. Stuff the lot of you. :greengrin

As long as none go to the Bhoys. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
17-04-2013, 04:30 PM

Hehe stop it ;-D

MSK
17-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Exactly, you want to be at the cup final next season :greengrin then get a ST for then and the club will look after you, the folk who stuck by the club after last season and forked there money out to watch more pish should be entitled to 2 tickets for the final.

F***ing sick of standing up and being counted and getting no rewards for it.

Time to look after the ST holders Mr Petrie.Hardly been to a game this season ..wasnt at semi but got my tickets for final ..what a **** eh ?...:greengrin

silverhibee
17-04-2013, 04:31 PM

You could still by a ticket though, it will get you in to the raffle and help the club out with funds too. :dunno:

silverhibee
17-04-2013, 04:32 PM
You have two 100% guaranteed tickets for the final. The randoms have maybe a 10-30/1 shot at getting a ticket. Massive difference.

5 :aok:

Lucius Apuleius
17-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Hardly been to a game this season ..wasnt at semi but got my tickets for final ..what a **** eh ?...:greengrin

I'm the same HH. managed only 3 league games all season, none in the cup, and I am sorted. Probably have excess in fact. :agree:

silverhibee
17-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Hardly been to a game this season ..wasnt at semi but got my tickets for final ..what a **** eh ?...:greengrin

Badhibbie :greengrin

Pete
17-04-2013, 04:34 PM
As long as none go to the Bhoys. :greengrin

Don't see what the problem with that would be. sons of the harp all together!

In fact, do we even need segregation?

3pm
17-04-2013, 04:36 PM
5 :aok:

Thoroughly deserved as well as SH.

Between SH's 5 and Kevin Thomson's 50, it's good to see tickets going to the good guys.

hibIBZ
17-04-2013, 04:37 PM
You could still by a ticket though, it will get you in to the raffle and help the club out with funds too. :dunno:

good point

MSK
17-04-2013, 04:39 PM
I'm the same HH. managed only 3 league games all season, none in the cup, and I am sorted. Probably have excess in fact. :agree:

Badhibbie :greengrinNo sure Im going though ..Im rostered in that weekend 10-4 ...really need very very very kind colleagues to take my shifts !!! ( Sat & Sun)....:pray:

Danderhall Hibs
17-04-2013, 05:15 PM

Season ticket holders will decide which part timers and day trippers attend. Loyalty system is the only way to sort this out.

3pm
17-04-2013, 05:19 PM
I bought a pie v Dundee. Some of you didnae even go tothe game.

Pies = extra tickets.

MSK
17-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Im taking my Dad wi me ..he is a jambo...& in an urn ..but he created me so his urn is gonna sit beside me ..**** taking the Wife !!!! :whistle:

ScottB
17-04-2013, 05:42 PM
I think everyone who sat through last seasons horror show deserves a chance at seeing a better outcome haha

DH1875
17-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Or worse. Someone's relative or friend who has not been to a Hibs game before.

And is a jambo or a hun.

silverhibee
17-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Thoroughly deserved as well as SH.

Between SH's 5 and Kevin Thomson's 50, it's good to see tickets going to the good guys.

:agree: :greengrin

DH1875
17-04-2013, 06:12 PM
So why did the club change the rules for the semi-final and give ST holders as many as they wanted. ?

Walk ups could get as many as they wanted as well ;-)

DH1875
17-04-2013, 06:19 PM

100 doesnt seem that much. How many was it last year?

Pete
17-04-2013, 06:20 PM
100 doesnt seem that much. How many was it last year?

500 pairs I think for one match.

DH1875
17-04-2013, 06:21 PM

My aunty seems to think so

DH1875
17-04-2013, 06:26 PM
500 pairs I think for one match.

Exactly, so why they only doing 100 this time. Maybe they think they will sell loads of STs

lord bunberry
17-04-2013, 06:34 PM
For anyone who can't make it to games each week why don't they join the hibernians scheme and that will guarantee a ticket for the final

Mark79
17-04-2013, 06:35 PM

Cheers

3pm
17-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Cheers

Am taking Hollie. :agree: Only right she gets to spend time with her favourite uncle.

Tape it for me. :aok:

down-the-slope
17-04-2013, 09:02 PM
It's not really fair.

Bol**cks

Jamie
17-04-2013, 09:21 PM
We should be more concerned about Celtic fans sitting in Hibs areas - just as they did in 2003.

IIRC last year you had to be on database to get one, unless theres hunners of smellies on our database i dont think there will be a problem:cb :confused:

hibsmad
17-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Bol**cks

Good point, I hadn't thought of that.

Saorsa
17-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Good point, I hadn't thought of that.always somebody on hand tae point things out for you. :agree:

usually a PM :wink:

hibsmad
17-04-2013, 09:50 PM
always somebody on hand tae point things out for you. :agree:

usually a PM :wink:

Aww no you!!!! (on phone so don't have smillies or there'd be a wink here)

Saorsa
17-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Aww no you!!!! (on phone so don't have smillies or there'd be a wink here):greengrin

DH1875
17-04-2013, 09:54 PM
IIRC last year you had to be on database to get one, unless theres hunners of smellies on our database i dont think there will be a problem:cb :confused:

Must be some on it as there were smellies near us last year.

silverhibee
17-04-2013, 10:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=P0uM9LSX-So

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

3pm
17-04-2013, 10:13 PM
:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

Saorsa
17-04-2013, 10:50 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:would have been better on the radges thread :agree: Even Russ Abbot didnae catch as many :greengrin

Hibbyradge
17-04-2013, 11:09 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Brilliant, but I know why you didn't put that on my thread...

You were one of those fish! :hilarious

:thumbsup:

Onion
18-04-2013, 09:02 AM
It's not really fair.

A cynic might say there's no money in a loyalty scheme. Much better to have lots of uncertainly about distribution and squeeze the walk up fans for a few more quid with offers of raffles :cb

hibsmad
18-04-2013, 09:59 AM
A cynic might say there's no money in a loyalty scheme. Much better to have lots of uncertainly about distribution and squeeze the walk up fans for a few more quid with offers of raffles :cb

:agree: Without a doubt this is the reason. I just didn't mention it earlier as I didn't want the debate to go down that path. It feels like there is enough to discuss with regards to whether ST holders deserve a spare ticket, without arguing about whether Hibs should be maximising profits at the expense of semi regular supporters.

For the record I would have gone for a loyalty points system but with the condition that there would always be a certain amount of tickets not distributed this way (say 2 or 3 thousand). These could then be distributed by other means should we reach a final allowing Hibs to maximise profits. Everyone's a winner!* :thumbsup:

* Apart from ST holders mums/wifes/grannies/uncles/etc/etc/etc

Saorsa
18-04-2013, 10:14 AM
:agree: Without a doubt this is the reason. I just didn't mention it earlier as I didn't want the debate to go down that path. It feels like there is enough to discuss with regards to whether ST holders deserve a spare ticket, without arguing about whether Hibs should be maximising profits at the expense of semi regular supporters.

For the record I would have gone for a loyalty points system but with the condition that there would always be a certain amount of tickets not distributed this way (say 2 or 3 thousand). These could then be distributed by other means should we reach a final allowing Hibs to maximise profits. Everyone's a winner!* :thumbsup:

* Apart from ST holders mums/wifes/grannies/uncles/etc/etc/etcYou don't think the club should try tae maximise revenue?

I dinnae see myself as getting a spare ticket as you put it, I see it as getting a ticket for my loyalty this season and my continued loyalty next. :wink:

and just for the record if I do take the extra it'll be going tae a Hibs suppoter and none of the above you mentioned

Lucius Apuleius
18-04-2013, 10:16 AM

Would that not only be the case should we regularly reach finals? Otherwise surely a loyalty scheme would bring more money most seasons? I am sure the club have their reasons for not continuing it. I obviously am not privy to them however.

hibsmad
18-04-2013, 10:28 AM
You don't think the club should try tae maximise revenue?

I dinnae see myself as getting a spare ticket as you put it, I see it as getting a ticket for my loyalty this season and my continued loyalty next. :wink:

and just for the record if I do take the extra it'll be going tae a Hibs suppoter and none of the above you mentioned

Of course I think Hibs should be maximising revenue, they are a business after all. That's why I state later in my post that even with a loyalty points system Hibs should hold back 2 or 3 thousand tickets so that they can still look to maximise profits from these.

I am also glad that your extra ticket will be going to a good Hibs fan, but unfortunately it would be naive to think that everyone will do the same. I have mentioned before that at last seasons final I was sitting beside a woman who had to ask her husband how many minutes there were in the first half!! I also work beside a Rangers fan who got a ticket from his Hibs supporting mate. Seriously, these people should not be getting tickets and the only way to ensure this is for Hibs to distribute directly to the 20,000 most loyal fans.

Anyway, I feel like there a lot of people, including myself, who are just repeating themselves over and over so I'm just going to leave it by saying that I hope as many deserving fans as possible get there hands on tickets. C'mon the Hibs and get stuck right into these Sellick *******s!:flag:

Beefster
18-04-2013, 10:47 AM

Hibs are also 'squeezing' ST holders to renew and get an extra ticket. I feel blackmailed to renew.

We grumble when crowds are low and Hibs don't spend money on the team, we grumble when Hibs try to get crowds up so that they can spend more money on the team. Hibs can't win.

Hibs already have two loyalty schemes - a season ticket and the Hibernians scheme. If you're not in them, you're in the general sale pool with the rest of the population. Suck it up.

Edit: I might seem a bit harsh with this post but we went through the same last year with every non- ST holder/club member/Hibernian member suggesting that a certain criteria (cup game attendance/PATG attendances/pints bought in BTG etc) be used for the cup final tickets that they always seem to qualify for.

Titch
18-04-2013, 10:47 AM
The semi was the 6th game I've been to this season I have four season tickets which have all been renewed so I want at least 8 for the final #GGTTH

Captain Trips
18-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Loyalty schemes or points may go for years without a need to be used if for things like this so it wouldnt really be of use to club to run and maintain. We have to just accept the only loyalty scheme recognised is a ST and maybe a couple of other things that have been on go and they will rightly be rewarded.

Best just all us walk and all others are together for public sale rightly or wrongly.

If we like Celtic had over 30k+ ST holders then no loyalty scheme or even if you had been to every match as walk up would mean zero. We have had 2 in a row but in genearl thay are not guaranteed every season so club will be quite happy to sort out STs and see what happens after that in real time.

No matter what club did it wouldnt benefit everyone who has been to games this term without ST, I think a raffle with a small amount of tickets is fair enough but I think club has learned from previous attempts as I said in another post when we reached final v Livi just a few games before it Hibs made a home game that if you attended and kept stub you got final ticket which was a game I couldnt attend having been to a fair amount, I am pretty sure this happened but might not have been Livi final. I think the match may have been v Dundee Untied if you kept stub or Aberdeen.

DH1875
18-04-2013, 11:45 AM
How many ST holders do celtic have? Say its 40k, thats half of them missing out on a final ticket AND no public sale. Say we do have 5k for public sale, the part timers should think themselves lucky they've even got a chance of a ticket. IF we had 18k ST holders, wouldnt even be a debate.

millarco
18-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Loyalty schemes or points may go for years without a need to be used if for things like this so it wouldnt really be of use to club to run and maintain. We have to just accept the only loyalty scheme recognised is a ST and maybe a couple of other things that have been on go and they will rightly be rewarded.

Best just all us walk and all others are together for public sale rightly or wrongly.

If we like Celtic had over 30k+ ST holders then no loyalty scheme or even if you had been to every match as walk up would mean zero. We have had 2 in a row but in genearl thay are not guaranteed every season so club will be quite happy to sort out STs and see what happens after that in real time.

No matter what club did it wouldnt benefit everyone who has been to games this term without ST, I think a raffle with a small amount of tickets is fair enough but I think club has learned from previous attempts as I said in another post when we reached final v Livi just a few games before it Hibs made a home game that if you attended and kept stub you got final ticket which was a game I couldnt attend having been to a fair amount, I am pretty sure this happened but might not have been Livi final. I think the match may have been v Dundee Untied if you kept stub or Aberdeen.

To me the main benefit to a loyalty scheme would be the information the club could collect on who is actually going to games/buying merchandise etc. For the last couple of seasons me and my brother have been regular PATG supporters, but per club records I've probably only been to a handful of games. When it comes to marketing season tickets the club would be able to be much more strategic about who to target, and indeed more personal in their approach. If there is a tie in with the club shop/BTG they can target market certain promotions as well.

Above all it can help (re)build connections with fans. There's an increased sense of loyalty with a membership card, and benefits to rewarding that. The club IMO should be doing whatever they can to (a) get as much information as possible about their customerbase (b) building personal relations with those fans.

My guess is the club see the investment in necessary IT or whatever as being too much.

down-the-slope
18-04-2013, 12:10 PM

* Apart from ST holders mums/wifes/grannies/uncles/etc/etc/etc

Double Bol**cks :agree:

hibsmad
18-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Double Bol**cks :agree:

It's like Father Jack with a laptop.

Just_Jimmy
18-04-2013, 12:35 PM
If we get 2 per season my spare will go to my brother. Due to work he cant go as often as he used to but if god willing we do the unthinkable on the 26th May then he's the only person I'd want to share the day with (short of a romp with mila kunis obviously).

18-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Loads of valid points about who is 'more entitled' to a ticket if not a season ticket holder and about who the season ticket holders give their spare ticket to, should we get 2, but my biggest issue is the amount of corporate tickets that are given away. What is it, about 5,000?

Fair enough it must annoy folk when a ST holder gives a spare to somebody that's not been to a game for months/years, but at least they're hibs fans, not like the vast majority (I'm assuming) of folk that get handed the freebies. Wouldn't surprise me if its mostly celtc fans that end up with them.

CorrieHibs
18-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Just discussing the final with a work colleague, who is a Celtic fan. He was telling me that he was at last season's final in the Hibs end. Him and another few family members and friends all Celtic fans. TBF he did say they were supporting Hibs and were gutted. (not nearly as much as us) He got these tickets as his Mum is related to a certain players other half. He was saying that they all plan to go to the final again in the Hibs end. This is not a hospitality ticket this is standard ticket. I know this will happen but I do find it shocking how their are a lot of genuine Hibs fans out there that are going to miss out due to the fact that players are giving out tickets. Especially annoyed that its a group of Celtic fans.

Hospitality get a lot of ticket with sponsors etc. So should the players, friends and family not get these instead of putting them in standard seats? Its not a lot but its tickets but still means Hibs fans are missing out on them. Also if any of them are seen celebrating IF Celtic score this could cause trouble and will get back to the player who gave them out.

PatHead
18-04-2013, 01:43 PM
To me the main benefit to a loyalty scheme would be the information the club could collect on who is actually going to games/buying merchandise etc. For the last couple of seasons me and my brother have been regular PATG supporters, but per club records I've probably only been to a handful of games. When it comes to marketing season tickets the club would be able to be much more strategic about who to target, and indeed more personal in their approach. If there is a tie in with the club shop/BTG they can target market certain promotions as well.

Above all it can help (re)build connections with fans. There's an increased sense of loyalty with a membership card, and benefits to rewarding that. The club IMO should be doing whatever they can to (a) get as much information as possible about their customerbase (b) building personal relations with those fans.

My guess is the club see the investment in necessary IT or whatever as being too much.

My guess is you are wrong! Sure the club are reviewing all aspects of marketing. All businesses look to maximise income from existing database and I am sure Hibs are no different.

GreenCastle
18-04-2013, 02:36 PM
We are half way to having loyalty cards as we have a season ticket card for when we enter the ground - scanned and has cup top up etc.

The missing part of the loyalty card is for purchases made by fans (Merchandise, tickets (home and away), Hibs TV etc) - each purchase would add points to the card.

We currently also still have Hibernian Rewards launced in 2007 - https://hibernian.reward.tv/HomeNotSignedIn.aspx I've not heard much about this since ?:confused: Does it still work?

While we don't get to a cup final every week and don't have 30k season ticket holders - I still think loyalty supporting a club should be rewarded.

The only problem with loyalty cards is the chance to abuse them if a family member or friend uses them - then is that fair to add points on etc?

If they don't go through with this the club need to look at ways of enticing walk up fans / overseas fans to give more money to the club - with some sort of membership which if comes to a small away allocation of cup final etc gives them higher priority then a random who goes to one game and wins a ticket in a ballot.

down-the-slope
18-04-2013, 03:21 PM
It's like Father Jack with a laptop.

:hilarious

Sorry - got bored with long winded answers no one takes any notice of....thought I try short hand.....

Long answer as to why its not true 'the club don't want to'...is that they can't...currently the back office IT system is not capable of achieving this so it can't even be considered seriously at the present time....

hibsmad
18-04-2013, 03:52 PM

Sorry - got bored with long winded answers no one takes any notice of....thought I try short hand.....

Long answer as to why its not true 'the club don't want to'...is that they can't...currently the back office IT system is not capable of achieving this so it can't even be considered seriously at the present time....

It's ok I'll always take notice of long winded answers, in fact I prefer them! Just ask Desperate Dan :greengrin

With regards to the IT system, as I don't work in IT I can't really argue with you. I would have thought though that it would be possible to upgrade without it costing the earth? I mean if the yams can do it (although I seem to remember there being some confusion over who was entitled to a ticket for their fans last year) then why can't we?

I did always appreciate that there would be admin costs involved with such a system, but my suspicions on the main reason not to have one was that the club would want to maximise profits when these occasions came around.

PatHead
18-04-2013, 03:56 PM
It's ok I'll always take notice of long winded answers, in fact I prefer them! Just ask Desperate Dan :greengrin

With regards to the IT system, as I don't work in IT I can't really argue with you. I would have thought though that it would be possible to upgrade without it costing the earth? I mean if the yams can do it (although I seem to remember there being some confusion over who was entitled to a ticket for their fans last year) then why can't we?

I did always appreciate that there would be admin costs involved with such a system, but my suspicions on the main reason not to have one was that the club would want to maximise profits when these occasions came around. A quick fix isn't always the solution and I'm sure it will be Hibs Class when the new one comes out.

down-the-slope
18-04-2013, 04:01 PM

I did always appreciate that there would be admin costs involved with such a system, but my suspicions on the main reason not to have one was that the club would want to maximise profits when these occasions came around.

No its just a limited system...because if like most companies you have a decent integrated system you can use it to sell more to your customers as you can profile them in terms of what / when / how they spend and direct offers more likely to get positive response (purchase) from them, and thats where you make return on the investment of installing such a system

JimBHibees
18-04-2013, 04:03 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130418/scottish-cup-final-tickets_2262950_3148873

Same as last year.

Pretty Boy
18-04-2013, 04:06 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130418/scottish-cup-final-tickets_2262950_3148873

Same as last year.

Best system imo.

Well done Hibs.

JimBHibees
18-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Best system imo.

Well done Hibs.

Agree completely.

hibsmad
18-04-2013, 04:11 PM

No its just a limited system...because if like most companies you have a decent integrated system you can use it to sell more to your customers as you can profile them in terms of what / when / how they spend and direct offers more likely to get positive response (purchase) from them, and thats where you make return on the investment of installing such a system

:aok: Fair enough. I guess the system must be more work to put in place than I had thought.

I understand the benefits of having a detailed database for marketing purposes, but as I was underestimating the work involved in putting one in place I had felt that Hibs must be valuing the benefit of being in their current situation more.

Westie1875
18-04-2013, 04:12 PM

Same as last year.

Good stuff! :flag:

Captain Trips
18-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Good stuff! :flag:

That gives all non ST holders a decent shout IMO as well.

Gatecrasher
18-04-2013, 04:16 PM

Same as last year.

Good news and we'll done hibs, I wonder if we'll need to fill in the former again

PatHead
18-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Prices are up a fair bit though are they not? £35 or £28 adult £10 under 16 with no student/OAP concessions by the look of it.

Hibs History
18-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Have the availability windows been announced yet?

When do I have until I forfeit my ticket?

Pay day is a bit away!

Pete
18-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Prices are up a fair bit though are they not? £35 or £28 adult £10 under 16 with no student/OAP concessions by the look of it.

Were there such concessions last year? I cant remember.

hibee_girl
18-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Were there such concessions last year? I cant remember.

There were no oap concessions last year and tickets were same price as this year :agree:

Keith_M
18-04-2013, 04:26 PM

I'd happily pay £50.

JeMeSouviens
18-04-2013, 04:26 PM

Don't know about OAPs etc, but those prices are the same as last year.

Billy Whizz
18-04-2013, 04:29 PM

Same as last year.

Yeeeeeeees

DH1875
18-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Just discussing the final with a work colleague, who is a Celtic fan. He was telling me that he was at last season's final in the Hibs end. Him and another few family members and friends all Celtic fans. TBF he did say they were supporting Hibs and were gutted. (not nearly as much as us) He got these tickets as his Mum is related to a certain players other half. He was saying that they all plan to go to the final again in the Hibs end. This is not a hospitality ticket this is standard ticket. I know this will happen but I do find it shocking how their are a lot of genuine Hibs fans out there that are going to miss out due to the fact that players are giving out tickets. Especially annoyed that its a group of Celtic fans. Hospitality get a lot of ticket with sponsors etc. So should the players, friends and family not get these instead of putting them in standard seats? Its not a lot but its tickets but still means Hibs fans are missing out on them. Also if any of them are seen celebrating IF Celtic score this could cause trouble and will get back to the player who gave them out. Been saying this all along. The extra ticket doesnt always end up in the right hands. Plenty of celtic fans in our end last year.

clerriehibs
18-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Been saying this all along. The extra ticket doesnt always end up in the right hands. Plenty of celtic fans in our end last year.

The b*ggers werenae even playing!

clerriehibs
18-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Has there been any suggestion of a ballot at each of our remaining home games? Even if all 8k season ticket holders doubled up, and The Hibernians took 1k or so, there's still a couple thousand spare. So far, one ballot is 600 ... three would be 1800, which ties in with the numbers.

ronaldo7
18-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Has there been any suggestion of a ballot at each of our remaining home games? Even if all 8k season ticket holders doubled up, and The Hibernians took 1k or so, there's still a couple thousand spare. So far, one ballot is 600 ... three would be 1800, which ties in with the numbers.

Their will be more tickets released if the 20,000 go quickly. Debentures won't be taken up and I'd say about another 2,000 each for the clubs.

hibIBZ
18-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Glad to see its the same as last year so far. Would suspect there will be a few thousand left for a public sale imo

DH1875
18-04-2013, 11:14 PM
The b*ggers werenae even playing!

Exactly

Hermit Crab
18-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Their will be more tickets released if the 20,000 go quickly. Debentures won't be taken up and I'd say about another 2,000 each for the clubs.

The debentures will be taken up by Celtic fans on the black market. I doubt many of those will be returned.

Onion
19-04-2013, 06:29 AM

Absolute tosh :)

ronaldo7
19-04-2013, 06:54 AM
The debentures will be taken up by Celtic fans on the black market. I doubt many of those will be returned.

I got debenture seats which had been handed back at the 2001 Final. I see no difference this time.:aok:

Hermit Crab
19-04-2013, 07:20 AM
I got debenture seats which had been handed back at the 2001 Final. I see no difference this time.:aok:

Tell TQM then since he's hedging his bets in getting 4 tickets.

down-the-slope
19-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Absolute truth :)

:agree: