PDA

View Full Version : Cashing in on the final

Bob Box Fish
14-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Release a new strip for it and ballot tickets for the league matches before the final like last year.

5 televised games and a few decent crowds should make up losses for the league campaign.

Houchy
14-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Release a new strip for it and ballot tickets for the league matches before the final like last year.

5 televised games and a few decent crowds should make up losses for the league campaign.

We tried a lot of things last year but too many "glory day" fans used loopholes to get their final tickets then never returned. We need to make sure these loopholes aren't exploited again if we want to move onwards. Too many "fans" bought season tickets to secure a final ticket then cancelled the DD.

Houchy
14-04-2013, 03:02 PM
I do agree with releasing the new strip in time for the final or at least get more of this years in stock before hand. I can't believe Hibs haven't had any for about 3 months with a SC quarter final, and then potential semi and final after.

shezer
14-04-2013, 03:04 PM
We tried a lot of things last year but too many "glory day" fans used loopholes to get their final tickets then never returned. We need to make sure these loopholes aren't exploited again if we want to move onwards. Too many "fans" bought season tickets to secure a final ticket then cancelled the DD.
Full price paid up front for season tickets ONLY should sort that.

The new jersey for the cup final is a good idea but is there enough time to get one designed and into the shop to be sold?

Pete
14-04-2013, 03:06 PM
I don't think we benefit at all from having more televised games. Is the money not divided equally?

All we get is less people through the gate.

Bob Box Fish
14-04-2013, 03:10 PM
I don't think we benefit at all from having more televised games. Is the money not divided equally?

All we get is less people through the gate.

Gate money and TV both split.

TV never affected hearts or semi too much. Someone said 80k per team for the TV games so 400k then gate receipts.

.Sean.
14-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Make the part-timers buy a three-game package which guarantees them a CF ticket. Included in the package would be a map of how to get to Easter Road.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-04-2013, 03:13 PM
I wish the internet had been around in my uberfan days.

1two
14-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Too many "fans" bought season tickets to secure a final ticket then cancelled the DD.

Is that true ?

007 Mickey Weir
14-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Surely thats not true. You can;t just cancel the DD without getting credit problems.

LaMotta
14-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Don't need a new strip just need the current one available to buy from the club shop! Get is sorted petrie :greengrin

Onion
14-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Make the part-timers buy a three-game package which guarantees them a CF ticket. Included in the package would be a map of how to get to Easter Road.

That's just silly.

P/T fans should get reduced price tickets for the final, let's say 1/3rd the normal price for the 30 minutes they actually stay to watch :cb F/T fans on a tight budget would be able to buy the next 60 minutes at 2/3rd price. Result = real fans don't have to sit through the first 3 Celtic goals, can cheer the lads on to a famous victory and we'll have taken 35,000 Hibbies to the Cup Final. Everyone wins :flag:

ancient hibee
14-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Gate money and TV both split.

TV never affected hearts or semi too much. Someone said 80k per team for the TV games so 400k then gate receipts.

Presumably you mean just the cup games as there's no money from the SPL TV coverage.The gate money from the two semis is pooled and split four ways after the SFA cut is deducted.

scoopyboy
14-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Presumably you mean just the cup games as there's no money from the SPL TV coverage.The gate money from the two semis is pooled and split four ways after the SFA cut is deducted.

Hibs received £82,500 for each of the live ties against Hearts, Aberdeen and Killie.

From the semi tv money we will have got a wee bit more, sky had the two games plus BBC had one (£165,000 x 3 divided by 4).

TV final money will be £165,000 each as both companies show it.

Seveno
14-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Hibs received £82,500 for each of the live ties against Hearts, Aberdeen and Killie.

From the semi tv money we will have got a wee bit more, sky had the two games plus BBC had one (£165,000 x 3 divided by 4).

TV final money will be £165,000 each as both companies show it.

That is a rather pathetic amount for a televised match. It equates to what, about 3,000 paying fans ?

We sell our product too cheaply.

CropleyWasGod
14-04-2013, 07:07 PM

Why would they need to go to ER?

They could buy the tickets and stay at home. That way the sainted full-timers wouldn't have their environment polluted.

lyonhibs
14-04-2013, 07:09 PM

Could you be so kind as to specify what a "part-timer" is these days?

I find it hard to keep up to be honest.

Col2
14-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Semi final will have net us:-

£225k in split gate receipts
£125k in television

Final will likely net us:-

£500k in split gate receipts
£150k in Television
£75k in pre game merchandise
£tbc in additional ticket sales at ER or Season Tickets if sale eligibility tied into this
£tbs in additional season tickets, merchandise, DVDs in we win the cup.

DH1875
14-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Wouldn't go as far as to guarantee a ticket but they should defo do the 3 game package to enter a ballot for a final ticket.

cocopops1875
15-04-2013, 06:22 AM

I would doubt it was this simple as last year you entered a credit agreement with Zebra finance ( however there was talk about the 14 day cooling off period being used ) but zebra will chase you for the cash . All this being said I still refuse to believe anyone who was entitled to a ticket didn't or couldn't get one

Lucius Apuleius
15-04-2013, 06:36 AM
Always been a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to our strips however I think for the final we should go back to the 1876 strips. :agree:

Aldo
15-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Always been a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to our strips however I think for the final we should go back to the 1876 strips. :agree:

LA one of these

But what about this one from the 1902 double winning team ( including the SC)

Not bad but the younger generation won't get it

Lucius Apuleius
15-04-2013, 06:50 AM
LA one of these

But what about this one from the 1902 double winning team ( including the SC)

Not bad but the younger generation won't get it

Both braw, but I think for such an event that will be seen worldwide by millions and squillions of people, we should reclaim the hoops and show the world who were first to wear them. :agree:

Aldo
15-04-2013, 06:53 AM
Both braw, but I think for such an event that will be seen worldwide by millions and squillions of people, we should reclaim the hoops and show the world who were first to wear them. :agree:

O yes.. The father in law is a smellic fan and he believes that they were the first to wear the hoops but when I showed him the photo of the 1876 strip he could give no retort, considering the were formed in 1888.

Ps meant to say don't think the belt will catch on somehow.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-04-2013, 07:05 AM

Id be surprised if this was a significant problem. I think DD payments are the way to go in this climate versus a big one time hit. To effectively penalise folks taking that option genuinely (who will afterall pay the same) for the sake of a presume (small?) number makes no sense esp as benefits have been advertised.

VickMackie
15-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Full price paid up front for season tickets ONLY should sort that.

The new jersey for the cup final is a good idea but is there enough time to get one designed and into the shop to be sold?

Baws to that. I bought a st before the semi and have already made a first payment. Others will be the same.

I'm no going anyway, seek of being on a bus after a defeat. Will I regret that? Possibly but I've been that scunnered with other defeats that I won't feel as bad as I will if we lose. And yes, I did leave early on Saturday. :greengrin

VickMackie
15-04-2013, 07:10 AM
A 3 game package might be a good idea bit you'd probably need to give two tickets to season ticket holders to fill our end.

hibsmad
15-04-2013, 07:31 AM
3 game package would now be the best way to distribute what tickets will be left after the ST holders are taken care of.

I'd go with first 2 or 3 thousand to be sold are guaranteed a ticket with the remainder going into a ballot.

DH1875
15-04-2013, 12:06 PM
A 3 game package might be a good idea bit you'd probably need to give two tickets to season ticket holders to fill our end.

Do you really believe that?
No chance will we struggle to fill our end.

Aldo
15-04-2013, 12:22 PM
We will have no problems selling tickets for the final. Sell out both ends

Gus Fring
15-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Pretty sure the deadline for the payment plan had passed by the time the final tickets went on sal last year? Could be wrong though. It's definitely pass this year though so that won't be an issue.

PerfectlyFranck
15-04-2013, 02:28 PM
ST holders, then next ST holders (paid upfront - or if DD can't be cancelled), then other memberships.

Keep receipt/ticket stubs for last 3 home games to be entered into a ballot will see a slight boost in attendees too.

I've read posts on forums with people complaining all season, calling for players to be dropped/sacked/shifted and admitted to never watching Hibs for years [other than cup final last year] then they went on the say that they'll be expecting 6 tickets for the final.
I don't want to start a flamewar over fans that left the semi-final early as it's entirely their right but my thoughts are varied on these.

People fighting should be banned for life - make sure they're at the station at 3:15pm and back again later.

:fuming:

Hibs07p
15-04-2013, 02:52 PM
.....it's not too late.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130415/scottish-cup-final-2013_2262950_3145005

InterviewLoI
15-04-2013, 03:34 PM
End of season ticket, all 5 games and cup final?

DH1875
15-04-2013, 04:51 PM
End of season ticket, all 5 games and cup final?

So it covers away games as well?????