PDA

View Full Version : So, Celtic it is then.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Celtic in the Final, thoughts?

InterviewLoI
14-04-2013, 02:10 PM
We're in Europe.... Cool

hibby rae
14-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Either would have been tough opponents. However, this team has beaten them and also equalised twice to get something from them at Parkhead. We can do this! GGTTH.

Mango Man
14-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Delighted to get the European spot, some extra cash too, will take a mighty effort to beat the Tims, stranger things have happened though.

:flag:

Col2
14-04-2013, 02:15 PM
And they have waggamama out and his natural replacement out as well.

Hibby70
14-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Pressure is off us now. If we win the midfield we have a chance.

Big_Franck
14-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Bring them on I say. I thought they were quite poor again today, Dundee United could have scored 4 or 5 and had a stonewall penalty turned down in the first half. They have Wanyama and Kayal suspended for the final so that's a wee bonus. It should suit us being underdogs I think. Looking forward to the game already.

Borderhibbie76
14-04-2013, 02:16 PM
In many ways tho Celtic will be tougher opponents I think it will suit us better than had it been dundee utd!! Weve done ok against them this season so reason to be quietly optimistic!!

oramhibee
14-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Would've prefered United but we're in Europe AND they will be missing Kayal and Wanyama.

Will it be Hibs V Celtic or Celtic V Hibs?

Beefster
14-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Celtic means Fenlon will stick to 4-5-1.

Stringer
14-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Cash + Europe!

No Wanyama!! :)

Woody70x2
14-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Would've prefered United but we're in Europe AND they will be missing Kayal and Wanyama.

Will it be Hibs V Celtic or Celtic V Hibs?

As long as we set out with a formation to win the game I will be happy... Starting yesterday with 4-5-1 almost killed us. We need to be positive in the final and go and try to win it!

cad
14-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Thought it was a cracking game Flood made them tick in the middle moving the ball about,.i we constantly launch it from both fullbacks our midfields going to be defending all day ,big tactical change required Pat if we go with one up front and hoof we will be annihilated +--

MWHIBBIES
14-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Celtic means Fenlon will stick to 4-5-1.The same formation that beat them this season you mean?

Hibercelona
14-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Celtic in the Final, thoughts?

4, 4, ****ing 2. :agree:

Kato
14-04-2013, 02:27 PM
We are in the final in merit.

Hopefully they take things for granted, as they have done in other games at Hampden recently, and we actually turn up for game from the start. Suspensions for them helping us.

We have a chance.

Beefster
14-04-2013, 02:27 PM
The same formation that beat them this season you mean?

Yup. We should never change it because we beat Celtic using it once.

Hibeesb0unc3
14-04-2013, 02:28 PM
which round of qualifying do we go into to??

shamo9
14-04-2013, 02:29 PM
As long as we set out with a formation to win the game I will be happy... Starting yesterday with 4-5-1 almost killed us. We need to be positive in the final and go and try to win it!

4-5-1 worked perfectly against Celtic when we played them in December. I think getting the personnel right is just as important. Playing 4-5-1 with Harris on the left, Handling on the right and Doyle working hard in the gap behind Griffiths gives us a good balance possibly. Thomson and Claros can then sit in the engine and cover. I think people have to recognise that if we're too offensive then Celtic will kill us. We can't afford to let Celtic's attackers run one-on-one with our defenders too often, particularly on the big Hampden pitch. To be honest, if we're 0-0 going into last 10 then Celtic might get nervous, they've bottled it numerous times at Hampden recently. We need to play the underdog card with no fear and nothing to lose, everything to gain:jmcp:

Hibercelona
14-04-2013, 02:29 PM

We can't rely on Celtic being that poor again in the final.

We really need to go all out and have a go at them. Sitting in deep and hoping to get a lucky break isn't going to work. Falkirk scored 3 against us when we did that, how many do you think Celtic would score?

weonlywon6-2
14-04-2013, 02:30 PM

Yeah exactly,some people should give it a rest.We are in a final,again:thumbsup:

MWHIBBIES
14-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Yup. We should never change it because we beat Celtic using it once.Yeah, that is what I said...

yeezus.
14-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Delighted to get the European spot, some extra cash too, will take a mighty effort to beat the Tims, stranger things have happened though.

:flag:

Tims? I hope you are joking :rolleyes:

Pat 0-7
14-04-2013, 02:36 PM
We are in the final in merit.

Hopefully they take things for granted, as they have done in other games at Hampden recently, and we actually turn up for game from the start. Suspensions for them helping us.

We have a chance.

This.

If we play like we did in the 2nd half yesterday we have a real chance.

cabbageandribs1875
14-04-2013, 02:37 PM
will our 13th SC final appearance be a lucky one :eek:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-04-2013, 02:38 PM
I believe when we did win the cup we beat celtic 1-0. Interesting stuff...

hfc rd
14-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Glad we got the European spot. What round will we enter? Anyone fancy their chances in the final? Personally I think we could have a chance. Celtic look like they are going to have a midfield crisis on their hands with Brown, Kayal & Wanyama all out.

number9dream
14-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Got to deal with Commons, who plays in behind the front two. Should Thomson or Claros do a man-marking job?
Celtic ran over the top of our three defensive midfielders in Glasgow the other week, so I'm glad Wanyama, Brown & Kayal are missing. They can put Mulgrew in there though, who is another powerful unit.
Wee Pat now has five games to get the shape and personnel right. I'd like to see Handling get a run up top beside Griffiths but cannot see the manager going 4-4-2, despite yesterday's second half heroics.

Brightside
14-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Celtic are poor at the back. I fully expect a 7-5 win for Hibs.

cabbageandribs1875
14-04-2013, 02:40 PM
which round of qualifying do we go into to??

Glad we got the European spot. What round will we enter? Anyone fancy their chances in the final? Personally I think we could have a chance. Celtic look like they are going to have a midfield crisis on their hands with Brown, Kayal & Wanyama all out.

2nd QR if we lose

3RD QR if we win

:)

14-04-2013, 02:41 PM
We know that this seasons Hibs team can beat this seasons celtc team, but celtc will be massive favourites.

It's a 1 off game, anything could happen. You never know....

DH1875
14-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Celtic means Fenlon will stick to 4-5-1.

But this is when he should be playing it. Not against the likes of Falkirk, Dt MIrren, St Johnstone or ducking Dundee.

LeighLoyal
14-04-2013, 02:43 PM
It's a day out, and who knows, United deserved at least penalties I thought.

R'Albin
14-04-2013, 02:45 PM
I'm delighted. Another positive, as well as the European trip and being underdogs, is that it is undeniable that we deserve to win it IF we managed to. There'd be no "Oh but you never beat Celtic on the way there" or whatever.

DH1875
14-04-2013, 02:46 PM
We know that this seasons Hibs team can beat this seasons celtc team, but celtc will be massive favourites.

It's a 1 off game, anything could happen. You never know....

Did anyone think we'd be down 3-0 to Falkirk by half time? Better yet, did anyone think we'd storm back the way we did? Point is, anything can happen.

hibbeesmum
14-04-2013, 02:49 PM
:flag::flag: all green final

...WentToMowAnSPL
14-04-2013, 02:49 PM
How is strip choice decided ??

GlenrothesHibee
14-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Oh well its another day on the lash at least. Maybe just save myself for next seasons final ;-)

...WentToMowAnSPL
14-04-2013, 02:51 PM
I'm delighted. Another positive, as well as the European trip and being underdogs, is that it is undeniable that we deserve to win it IF we managed to. There'd be no "Oh but you never beat Celtic on the way there" or whatever.

Absolutely !

.Sean.
14-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Tims? I hope you are joking :rolleyes:Any different from the term 'Hun' that's chicked about on here daily?

Bring on the Tims, ****ing hate them.

yeezus.
14-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Any different from the term 'Hun' that's chicked about on here daily?

Bring on the Tims, ****ing hate them.

Given that we are Hibernian FC it is completely ridiculous to use that term.

Prof. Shaggy
14-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Celtic are poor at the back. I fully expect a 7-5 win for Hibs.

...after being 0-5 down at half time.

Still, we've beaten Celtic in finals more often than we've beaten anyone else in finals.

...WentToMowAnSPL
14-04-2013, 02:55 PM
..Still, we've beaten Celtic in finals more often than we've beaten anyone else in finals.

Ha 10/10 !!!!

Onion
14-04-2013, 02:58 PM
will our 13th SC final appearance be a lucky one :eek:

Jees is our record THAT bad? Basically means that anyone who plays Hibs in the SC final is guaranteed to win the cup. I just hope the media know that and treat it as a Celtic formality - turn up to pick up their silverware. None of this, Hibs have a chance crap. Also, who would want to be known as the ref that let Hibs win the Cup ? Thompson did a really good job on us last year, so must be a good bet to get the gig.

Pete
14-04-2013, 02:58 PM
How is strip choice decided ??

One of us will have to wear our third strip.

They probably won't allow us to wear our home one if celtic don't so it could be the yellows versus the blacks.

Jones28
14-04-2013, 03:03 PM
If we show the same spirit and determination we showed in the second half yesterday then we have a huge chance to win :flag:

CallumHibs07
14-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Also what end will we get as we both normally get the East side, Celtic's choice again i think :rolleyes:

Mango Man
14-04-2013, 03:19 PM
Given that we are Hibernian FC it is completely ridiculous to use that term.

Hardly completely ridiculous, christ, Celtic are commonly known as The Tims for loads of folk,

D.United-Arabs
Hearts-Yams
Rangers-Huns
Aberdeen-The Sheep

It's just a bloody nickname for a team.

Stuarty27
14-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Also what end will we get as we both normally get the East side, Celtic's choice again i think :rolleyes:

I was going to ask the same question?

Not sure why they should get the east side!!

Eyrie
14-04-2013, 03:39 PM
The pressure is off because Septic will be massive favourites. We've already shown this season we can beat them, so no-one should write us off.

Which reminds me - I need some vButtons to back them with.

Northernhibee
14-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Being underdogs suits us nicely.

Yesterday we went into the game as strong favourites and only started to play when we were being outplayed and behind by a seemingly impossible task to come back and go through.

We had that run in the SPL after losing our opening game 3-0 and losing in a cup final last year. Having looked like relegation battlers before the season started we had something to prove and went about beating most of the SPL. When it came around to meeting them again but placed at the top of the table we lost our form. The game vs Celtic at ER we were strong underdogs due to poor form but got the three points.

Our league cup campaign we were drawn against a 2nd division team and again were strong favourites. We showed little fight in that game.

At any point this season when we've had a point to prove we've gone out and done it. We're going into the final of a cup that we've not won in 111 years and lost 5-1 in the final last year against a team that are bigger than us, more successful than us and are SPL champions again.

If ever there's a time to prove a point as the underdogs, this is the ultimate.

GGTTH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ-D4jmkUiQ

yeezus.
14-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Hardly completely ridiculous, christ, Celtic are commonly known as The Tims for loads of folk,

D.United-Arabs
Hearts-Yams
Rangers-Huns
Aberdeen-The Sheep

A nickname/derogatory term relating to the Irish aspect! Wisen up.

Corstorphine Hibby
14-04-2013, 05:08 PM

D.United-Arabs
Hearts-Yams
Rangers-Huns
Aberdeen-The Sheep

Christ was called Tim ? I'm sure it was Jesus.

Newcastlehibby
14-04-2013, 05:17 PM
What is derogatory about it. Tim Malloy was a general term for an Irish immigrant. Celtic became the Tim Malloys aka The Bhoys. Political correctness gone mad.

neilmartinrocks
14-04-2013, 05:26 PM

So what about "THE THAI TIMS"

The_Todd
14-04-2013, 05:29 PM

Isn't that what they call themselves, though? It's like Yids, Spurs fans take no offence to Yid, it's a word they've picked for themselves.

degenerated
14-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Did anyone think we'd be down 3-0 to Falkirk by half time? Better yet, did anyone think we'd storm back the way we did? Point is, anything can happen.

From some of the stuff I've read on here then it appears more like they enjoyed the fact we were as they can go on and on about how pish we are and are gutted that we did turn it around.
They'll be all over this place telling us how many we're getting pumped by in the final.

CRAZYHIBBY
14-04-2013, 06:09 PM
the last time we won the cup we beat celtic and we had an irish manager..........can lightning strike twice?

carnoustiehibee
14-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Hate utd so I'm happy

14-04-2013, 06:17 PM
the last time we won the cup we beat celtic and we had an irish manager..........can lightning strike twice?

I think we proved last year that omens and signs are bull lol

lyonhibs
14-04-2013, 06:23 PM
We're in the final. I couldn't give a ***** who it is we face right now.

Celtc means we are definitely in Europe. Dig out the passports etc.

And why can't we do it?

Brizo
14-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Isn't that what they call themselves, though? It's like Yids, Spurs fans take no offence to Yid, it's a word they've picked for themselves.

:agree:

They call themselves the "tim malloys" in a song we up until recently / sometimes still do sing. They had a fanzine called "once a tim" and have a gift shop :wink: near the Barras called " tim land".

While the huns hate the word huns the tims seem to quite like the word tims.

Good to see Corrie Green back on the mb under his latest alias :greengrin. Can i use those vbutton fellys to gamble on whether he gets hooked before the "all green" :devil: final.

yeezus.
15-04-2013, 09:09 AM

Yeah but it's like black people using the n word. They are using it as a profanity. When someone else uses it it becomes derogatory.

Lucius Apuleius
15-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Yeah but it's like black people using the n word. They are using it as a profanity. When someone else uses it it becomes derogatory.

And what is wrong with being derogatory to the unwashed timmy *******s?

yeezus.
15-04-2013, 09:17 AM
And what is wrong with being derogatory to the unwashed timmy *******s?

I don't like them one bit. I just don't like hearing the term "Tim" given that Rangers fans use it in a sectarian manner...

Lucius Apuleius
15-04-2013, 09:19 AM
I don't like them one bit. I just don't like hearing the term "Tim" given that Rangers fans use it in a sectarian manner...

Also don't give a **** what the huns say either.

Peevemor
15-04-2013, 09:35 AM
They'll always be either the Tims, the plastics or the soap-dodgers to me. :agree:

hibeedonald
15-04-2013, 09:42 AM
We're in the final. I couldn't give a ***** who it is we face right now.

Celtc means we are definitely in Europe. Dig out the passports etc.

And why can't we do it?

Anything could happen but it was men against boys at Celtic park. Fearing the worst, but at least there's nothing to lose.

Mango Man
15-04-2013, 11:34 AM

Oh my goodness, wisen up? you need to have a word with yourself man, even the Celtic fans call themselves The Tims, Rangers do not call themselves The Huns. Pathetic. PC gone mad.

DH1875
15-04-2013, 04:16 PM
I'm sure there is a play called I'd rather be a Billy than a Tim. Story about 2 old firm fans. IF Tim is so bad, howd they get away with advertising it on TV and in news papers?

Mango Man
15-04-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm sure there is a play called I'd rather be a Billy than a Tim. Story about 2 old firm fans. IF Tim is so bad, howd they get away with advertising it on TV and in news papers?

:agree:

Sir David Gray
15-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Bring them on!

Can't wait to see James McPake walking up the steps to collect the Scottish Cup.

41 days to go. :aok:

Pretty Boy
15-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Either side would have been tough.

Celtc are the toughest test we could have got but we have more than competed with them 2/3 times this season so who knows.

Bigger underdogs have beaten better teams than Celtc.

As long as we give it everything then i'll have no complaints.

Kato
15-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Celtic became the Tim Malloys aka The Bhoys.

...and Hibs were referred to using both those terms long before Celtic.

Rubbish. It's like Jock Thamson for Scots, or Tommy Atkins for a soldier during WW1. A benign generic term for a group of people. Comparing to how the term "n****r" was once used (purely derogatory) and it's subsequent appropriation is bollox.

...WentToMowAnSPL
17-04-2013, 07:48 PM
The thread that has everything ... except flags :-)