PDA

View Full Version : So who deserves a cup final starting spot?

theonlywayisup
14-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Based on yesterdays' game, who deserves their spot in the cup final team? Who needs to do more to convince Fenlon and the fans that they should be in the team? And who should start their summer holiday early? Not saying that all the starting picks will start as there maybe too many offensive players! All based on yesterday's game.

Starting team picks:

Williams
Thomson
Claros
Taiwo
Harris
Doyle
Griffiths
Handling

Players that need to do a bit more:

Perm any two from McPake/Hanlon/McGivern
Clancy

Players who should leave on their summer holidays:

Robertson
Cairney

dp00
14-04-2013, 09:54 AM
I would imagine the team which starts the next game will be similar in shape and personnel to the players who finished yesterday... eg no robertson or cairney

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Brightside
14-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Having watched the goals about 10 times now, I still cant see were Hanlon was at fault. Cairney for two and McPake for one.

Final line up should be the team that finished but with Thomson instead of Taiwo.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Bit early for me to pick a starting XI but **** it!

Williams

Clancy Mcpake Hanlon McGivern

Handling Claros Thomson Taiwo Harris

Griffiths

Or a 4 4 2 take taiwo out and stick doyle up front with griff.

East Stander
14-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Having watched the goals about 10 times now, I still cant see were Hanlon was at fault. Cairney for two and McPake for one.

Final line up should be the team that finished but with Thomson instead of Taiwo.

I would say Cairney was to blame for all 3 goals, should have won the ball at the first, shocking marking at the second & losing the ball at the third.

What on earth has happened to him since the first part of the season.

Elephant Stone
14-04-2013, 11:03 AM
I'd have Stevenson at right back ahead of Clancy.

hibee19
14-04-2013, 11:19 AM
I'd give the likes of Donaldson and Forster a chance in these next few weeks to prove themselves, RB is probably now the biggest problem we have. I'd prefer Maybury to Clancy.

You have to imagine we'll go 4-4-2 with Handling and Harris on the wings, Taiwo if he continues to play well alongside either Claros or Thomson.

Doyle will now almost definitely start with Griffiths.

Fergus52
14-04-2013, 11:26 AM
If we get celtic i'm not sure that going 442 would be the best idea.

As much as I like doyle up front, i think our midfield would get completely over-run on Hampdens pitch.

Whereas a fired up central three of Thomson, Claros and Taiwo would be able to compete.

If we get Utd we have to go 442 though

SteveHFC
14-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Kuqi and Kujabi deserve their place in the final