PDA

View Full Version : 3 shocking decisions...

davym7062
14-04-2013, 09:14 AM
how on earth could he give sparky offside then miss the falkirk boy in the last min? he was right in line with both. could have been massive decisions :confused:

Onion
14-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Having watched the replay, how is it possible for the officials to get those three easy decisions wrong?

Clancy getting hacked down in the box (at 0-3) with the ref and linesman just 12 yrds away. As easy a pen decision as you'll see.
Leigh's perfectly good goal getting yellow flagged by the linesman when clearly onside.
Last min Falkirk effort clearly offside.

Getting just ONE of these wrong in a National Cup Semi is bad enough to decide the outcome, but to get THREE huge decisions like that wrong ?? There simply must be more to it. Had we lost yesterday, these would have been the main talking point. But since we won, not a word about these in the press or media.

Kenny1875
14-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Also the pen we did get was a dive. Makes up for the first one not being given though.

matty_f
14-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Having watched the replay, how is it possible for the officials to get those three easy decisions wrong?

Clancy getting hacked down in the box (at 0-3) with the ref and linesman just 12 yrds away. As easy a pen decision as you'll see.
Leigh's perfectly good goal getting yellow flagged by the linesman when clearly onside.
Last min Falkirk effort clearly offside.

Getting just ONE of these wrong in a National Cup Semi is bad enough to decide the outcome, but to get THREE huge decisions like that wrong ?? There simply must be more to it. Had we lost yesterday, these would have been the main talking point. But since we won, not a word about these in the press or media.

The worst thing is these decisions aren't even surprising anymore.

I think the shambles of the first half would have dominated discussions if we'd lost, but all the same that's another 3 decisions that potentially would have seen us not get what we deserved from a game.

matty_f
14-04-2013, 09:23 AM
Also the pen we did get was a dive. Makes up for the first one not being given though.

Don't think it was a dive at all, the boy took Danny's foot as he ran through.

Mikey
14-04-2013, 09:24 AM

:agree:

It was less obvious than Clancy's but a penalty all the same.

JimBHibees
14-04-2013, 09:26 AM
how on earth could he give sparky offside then miss the falkirk boy in the last min? he was right in line with both. could have been massive decisions :confused:

Couldnt agree more though in fairness Taylor was a yard on when called offside in the first half at 1-0. The penalty not given, the Sparky offside and the worst one was clearly calling Taylor on when 4-3 which had a massive potential to swing the game away from us.

Admit to getting a little bit sick of the sheer number of massive decisions that are going against us at the moment.

Danderhall Hibs
14-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Couldn't believe the foul on Clancy wasn't given.

Not seen the replay yet but what about Dods charging through the back of Griffiths in ET? Should that have been a pen - I thought so at the time.

We've got a barrowload of decisions due to go our way if things are to "even up over the season"

Jim44
14-04-2013, 09:29 AM

There is no doubt in my mind that in tight situations like the ones mentioned here, linesmen give the decisions they want to give as opposed to the actual correct ones.

weonlywon6-2
14-04-2013, 09:31 AM

Neither do i,soft penalty and the Falkirk player never complained

greenlex
14-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Why was Thomson booked ? Brines had already blown for a foul when he pulled he guy back. Surely play stops and he balls dead at that point? Is this still a booking?

s.a.m
14-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Why was Thomson booked ? Brines had already blown for a foul when he pulled he guy back. Surely play stops and he balls dead at that point? Is this still a booking?

Prolonged rant at the ref?

Kato
14-04-2013, 09:48 AM

Yup. Stood on his foot in fact.

Golden Bear
14-04-2013, 10:00 AM

:agree:

Couldn't understand that one myself ----- very strange indeed.

Thommo only started moaning when he realised he was getting booked for a supposed offence which took place well after the Ref had blown to award a free kick for a previous foul.

No wonder the guy was annoyed.

The Harp Awakes
14-04-2013, 10:04 AM

Not seen the replay yet but what about Dods charging through the back of Griffiths in ET? Should that have been a pen - I thought so at the time.

We've got a barrowload of decisions due to go our way if things are to "even up over the season"

Maybe all the dodgy decisions which have gone against us this season will be evened up in the final:thumbsup: then again, Craig Thomson may be the ref:rolleyes:

Kaiser1962
14-04-2013, 10:11 AM
The falkirk boy was onside and clear 1st half when given off as well although the same player benefitted at the end of ET when given on when he was off. hey ho I suppose.

I thought we had a decent shout when Hanlon was wrestled to the gound which I thought was more obvious than even the Clancy shout. Guy was hanging off the end of Paul's arm in the middle of the box.

LaMotta
14-04-2013, 10:22 AM

:agree: Haven't seen it again but thought so at the time....would have been a foul anywhere else on the pitch.

easty
14-04-2013, 10:31 AM
3 poor decisions in the Arsenal game as well, just saw the highlights.

Arsenal got a corner, when it should have been a goal kick, corner comes in and the defender is holding Girouds shirt, and Giroud is holding his. Giroud doesn't even claim for a penalty, but the linesman who is twice as far away as the referee, sees through a glut of players that its a penalty. Arteta scores the pen. Same linesman then fails to flag Walcott clearly offside when he's only about 10 yards away from him, and that leads to the 3rd goal.

So the best league in the world has **** officials too.

Eyrie
14-04-2013, 10:34 AM
We'd be raging if Falkirk had got a penalty for what happened to Handling. It was a very soft decision and I doubt we'd have got it if we'd been awarded a penalty earlier when Clancy was chopped down.

CraigHibee
14-04-2013, 10:45 AM
havent seen the highlights yet and look forward to viewing them tonight but yeah, the ref was questionable on a few things yesterday, few fouls he was letting falkirk away with as well.

brog
14-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Those were 3 atrocious decisions, all of which ( but especially the last one ) could have been game changers. If this had happened to Celtc, Lennon would be in coronary care by now & it would have occupied about 10 pages in the DR/SM.
Given the shambolic officiating by a Scottish team at the Borussia/Malaga game this week, including of course our fav CT, surely even the SFA cannot continue to defend the indefensible.

poolman
14-04-2013, 11:22 AM
havent seen the highlights yet and look forward to viewing them tonight but yeah, the ref was questionable on a few things yesterday, few fouls he was letting falkirk away with as well.

Why ? It was a pen,no doubt about it,wasn't as clear cut as the the one that wasn't given,but a penalty all the same

Winston Ingram
14-04-2013, 11:32 AM
It was 4 decisions. Dods steamrollering LG in the box was another clear pen

Onceinawhile
14-04-2013, 11:53 AM
It was 4 decisions. Dods steamrollering LG in the box was another clear pen

That was never a penalty sparky backed into him!

CraigHibee
14-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Why ? It was a pen,no doubt about it,wasn't as clear cut as the the one that wasn't given,but a penalty all the same

defo a penalty for us, i mean he was questionable e.g thomsons booking, i wouldn't slag the ref for the decisions he gave us :greengrin