PDA

View Full Version : Dundee Utd - Celtic

JimBHibees
14-04-2013, 09:00 AM
The following players are a yellow away from missing the final.

Utd - Gunning (think he has been injured for a while).

Celtc - Samaras, Kayal, Mulgrew and Wanyama.

Thompson the ref so who knows how that will go. Personal opinion is that refs know who is a yellow from missing final and especially for bigger teams tend to treat affected player with kid gloves in the semi.

BarneyK
14-04-2013, 09:10 AM
The following players are a yellow away from missing the final.

Utd - Gunning (think he has been injured for a while).

Celtc - Samaras, Kayal, Mulgrew and Wanyama.

Thompson the ref so who knows how that will go. Personal opinion is that refs know who is a yellow from missing final and especially for bigger teams tend to treat affected player with kid gloves in the semi.

I think Gary Mackay-Steven is on a booking as well :pray:
(Edit-Just checked GMS, Gavin Gunning and Keith Watson all on yellows, as well as the Celtic fellas as mentioned by Jim)

JimBHibees
14-04-2013, 09:22 AM
I think Gary Mackay-Steven is on a booking as well :pray:
(Edit-Just checked GMS, Gavin Gunning and Keith Watson all on yellows, as well as the Celtic fellas as mentioned by Jim)

Yep that is right. I checked the cup cautions list on the SFA site which was before the quarter final where there were no more Celtc players added and GMS and Watson got booked in the Dundee derby. From what I remember the GMS booking was a shocker for having the temerity to score a goal at the Dundee end. Jobsworth Brines was the ref.

HibeeN
14-04-2013, 09:22 AM
If Dundee Utd get through to the final, will Johnny Russell have recovered from his leg break or will he still be out?

Col2
14-04-2013, 09:31 AM
If Dundee Utd get through to the final, will Johnny Russell have recovered from his leg break or will he still be out?

I read somewhere that they hoped he would be on bench today which I found remarkable. Might be wrong but if he has even the slightest chance today then if they win he has 6 weeks to get fit which would be ominous. Still - this is Hibs here its the Scottish cup and we can beat Barcelona but also lost to Stirling Albion.

weonlywon6-2
14-04-2013, 09:34 AM
I would prefer a United win today as i feel we could beat them in a final,Celtic i think would just be too good on the day for us

danhibees1875
14-04-2013, 09:37 AM
I'll wait and see who wins and just draw on the positives from that result and pretend that's what I wanted. :greengrin

yeezus.
14-04-2013, 09:38 AM
I would prefer a United win today as i feel we could beat them in a final,Celtic i think would just be too good on the day for us

I'd rather face Celtic to be honest. Given their recent **** ups at Hampden I think we could do them.:flag:

hibee_girl
14-04-2013, 09:40 AM
I read somewhere that they hoped he would be on bench today which I found remarkable. Might be wrong but if he has even the slightest chance today then if they win he has 6 weeks to get fit which would be ominous. Still - this is Hibs here its the Scottish cup and we can beat Barcelona but also lost to Stirling Albion.

Sure I read on twitter this morning that he'll be in the Sky studios today

Moon unit
14-04-2013, 09:58 AM
I'll wait and see who wins and just draw on the positives from that result and pretend that's what I wanted. :greengrin
Like your style...I'll go with that plan!:thumbsup: