PDA

View Full Version : Alex Harris & Danny Handling

andy1875
14-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Well done to these two young lads in particular yesterday. Their drive, heart and enthusiasm was really great to see. My favourite era of watching Hibs, like many others was watching the Mowbray young ones. These two lads look like they're going to be an important part of our future.

Well done again boys.

GGTTH

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Harris was my MOTM by a mile. Handling looks a player too!

GGTTH

Matt92
14-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Hopefully Stanton can come back in and form a Dynamite Trio with Handling and Harris, with Caldwell up front being a potentially new GOC (with hopefully a braincell)...we have at least 2 very, ver promising youngsters who thusfar have proved they have the class and ability to more than cut it at this level....but we must nurture them as we all said the same about Wotherspoon and Stevenson!!

*FYI I really rate Stevenson but would be lying if I said he lived up to expectations.

spike220
14-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Well done to these two young lads in particular yesterday. Their drive, heart and enthusiasm was really great to see. My favourite era of watching Hibs, like many others was watching the Mowbray young ones. These two lads look like they're going to be an important part of our future.

Well done again boys.

GGTTH

:agree:

Onion
14-04-2013, 09:01 AM

Well done again boys.

GGTTH

:top marks Harris showed maturity and ability way beyond his years. Many youngsters would have crumbled after the team's first 45, but some of his play in the second was sensational. Reminds me a lot of John Collins when he broke into the team :thumbsup: Well done, should be proud of themselves.

Hibee Ryan
14-04-2013, 09:07 AM

Well done again boys.

GGTTH

Really good performances by both! Harris was obviously exceptional but handling done really well whenever he was up against 2 defenders to keep the ball in the Falkirk end! If he was just a little faster he could have scored a couple with runs into the box.

But for these guys to be 2 of our best performers on such a grand stage shows how much character they have

RoYO!
14-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Superb to know that, although youth dev has stalled to some degree in recent years, we can still pick out and develop really talented young players.

I remember Callum booth coming through and having several great displays then going off the boil so it's now a case of ensuring their progression and developing. I would add that I'd hope to see booth back in a hibs shirt at some point.

NAE NOOKIE
14-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Harris was my mom ... a super effort by him and no less than he usually does when given a decent supply of the ball. Handling was willing to run with the ball and as has been said, if he had a wee bit more pace he might have scored yesterday, hopefully that will come.

NAE NOOKIE
14-04-2013, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE=RoYO!;3565653]Superb to know that, although youth dev has stalled to some degree in recent years, we can still pick out and develop really talented young players.

I remember Callum booth coming through and having several great displays then going off the boil so it's now a case of ensuring their progression and developing. I would add that I'd hope to see booth back in a hibs shirt at some point.

I agree, he looked like a really decent player and for me would have been better in midfield, but if McGivern goes, which he probably will, we will be looking for a decent left back. Would love to see a top form Booth back at ER.

Brightside
14-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Harris is quality. No doubt about that. Handling put plenty of effort in, but again appears to have no pace. We could really do with some pacey players coming through from the youth setup.

Billy Whizz
14-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Harris is quality. No doubt about that. Handling put plenty of effort in, but again appears to have no pace. We could really do with some pacey players coming through from the youth setup.

Riordan had no pace, didn't hold him back. Is Danny not more of a striker than a winger anyway?

Eyrie
14-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Handling doesn't look comfortable out wide - willing enough, but won't take his man on. Isn't he a striker anyway?

Allant1981
14-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Im probably in the minority but i didnt think handling was that good. He was ok but nothing special. Harris on the other hand had a cracking game

PeterboroHibee
14-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Handling doesn't look comfortable out wide - willing enough, but won't take his man on. Isn't he a striker anyway?

Isnt he more of an attacking midfielder (the no.10 role)? No problem with young guys being played out of position occasionally though, it gives them a better idea of different roles etc.

What sort of contract are the likes of Harris on?

truehibernian
14-04-2013, 11:02 AM

Don't fret about that, Danny has plenty pace - what he does have is fleet of foot and very quick feet which sometimes compensates for searing pace (which he doesn't have). Danny gets away from players with great technical skill which gives him a few yards. He's been played wide and deeper this year both in the top team and in the U20's - an unusual role for him. He scores all different types of goals and reminds me a lot of a young Kenny Miller. For me he needs to be played up top in a 4-4-2 and allowed to switch with whoever he plays alongside.

What I'd like to see is him work on his upper body strength, but there is absolutely no doubt he is a very very talented young boy - in the young derby he was the best player on the park by a country mile.

BSEJVT
14-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Really good performances by both! Harris was obviously exceptional but handling done really well whenever he was up against 2 defenders to keep the ball in the Falkirk end! If he was just a little faster he could have scored a couple with runs into the box.

But for these guys to be 2 of our best performers on such a grand stage shows how much character they have

Harris was great

Handling also used the ball well but IMO his complete lack of pace will hamper his development.

He is probably one of the slowest young players I have ever seen, which is a great pity as he impressed me with his composure and played with his head up

RoYO!
14-04-2013, 11:09 AM
When Harris got the ball you were expecting something to happen- that's invaluable and what we've been crying out for.

14-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Totally agree. Harris in particular was fantastic yesterday, plenty pace and not afraid to take on players.

:flag:

brydekirk
14-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Even the yams have a thread about Harris on keekback